The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

To the people kicking out lvl40+ players from normal dungeons for not having CP.....

• AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're a below level 50 dps who queued as tank for White Gold Tower, normal or vet, one of us is leaving. Either you or me. I'm the healer.
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just come to alith legion our guild rules are if in a guild group you are not allowed to refuse or kick low peeps to group
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    m12d12_ESO wrote: »
    [It depends on the dungeon though. I am not carrying no low level 100 through vet mazzatun.]

This thread is about "Normal" runs not Vet.

Kicking people out for not having cp on a 'Normal' run is rude and un-called for. Alot of this I blame on newer players, especially younger ones, that have quick leveled up and havent built a sense of community yet.

And also never learned how to play in Skyreach, so they're dependent on other, more competent players to carry them. And are afraid that lowbies won't be able to carry their weight, even though ESO actually inflates a character's stats at low levels.
  • AJSnakeGaming
    AJSnakeGaming
    ✭✭
    Id never kick a low level player from a norm dungeon. Can solo all non dlc dungeons no probs. I'd happily "carry" a low levelled player through them. Just makes me do them quicker. I some times join a random dungeon queue just for something to do. Even helped 2 lvl 40 players through nWGT the other day. Credit where credit is due, the lvl 40 healer was very good considering. Even invited them to my guild. They were new ESO players but had experience in othet mmos. Nice guys to talk to also ^^
    PS4 EU server.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlMcFly wrote: »
    If you're a below level 50 dps who queued as tank for White Gold Tower, normal or vet, one of us is leaving. Either you or me. I'm the healer.

Okay, that tears it. I'm getting on my level 31 Templar tank with all 630 CP spent, and queuing. :p

EDIT: I missed the part where you said, a "DPS queued as a tank."

I actually chewed out a guildie a couple weeks ago for that. We had 3 dps, and were going to curbstomp a random normal... and they suggested we get the fourth by setting my role to tank... on a medium armor sorc. No. Don't. It's a very bad idea.
    Edited by starkerealm on August 5, 2017 3:41PM
  • Vipstaakki
    Vipstaakki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How far up the deep end do you have to be to kick someone with no CP from a normal spindleclutch?
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vipstaakki wrote: »
    How far up the deep end do you have to be to kick someone with no CP from a normal spindleclutch?

A Skyreach baby pulling something like that wouldn't surprise me.
  • madchuska83
    madchuska83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am happy to pull any low level player through any dungeon on two conditions; 1. They must have a mic or text that they can hear and understand me. 2. They must be able to follow simple directions. If I tell you the mechanics of a boss and we continue wiping, then I initiate a vote.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What platform are you on, OP? Toss me an invite and I'll run with you sometime. Added benefit of having a friend is you CAN'T be kicked.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep_Door wrote: »
    I have never tried to kick anybody before, but if i can tell its going to be a bad time i will leave.

We're talking about NORMAL dungeons here. What can possibly go wrong in normal dungeons, even if people have the worst possible setups ?

Wipes on bosses. I've seen several instances of lowbie groups not complete normal COA1, Fungal 2,Darkshade 2, etc., on twitch.

Yes, it's possible to fail and common.
    Edited by Sigtric on August 5, 2017 4:04PM

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • NukeAllTheThings
    NukeAllTheThings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't kick any low levels in normal dungeons, I don't care which dungeon it is. If they want to learn it and get through, I can carry and help guide them through it. After spending thousands of hours since beta and doing most everything there is to do, my greatest satisfaction is helping lower levels get their first clear or get through dungeons that people would normally drop them from.
    "it's important to state that our decision to go with subscriptions is not a referendum on online game revenue models. F2P, B2P, etc. are valid, proven business models - but subscription is the one that fits ESO the best, given our commitment to freedom of gameplay, quality and long-term content delivery. Plus, players will appreciate not having to worry about being "monetized" in the middle of playing the game, which is definitely a problem that is cropping up more and more in online gaming these days." - Matt Firor
  • PepterKleptic
    PepterKleptic
    ✭✭
    I have never seen anyone but AFK leeches get kicked from a normie. Even jackasses gaming the system queuing as healers and tanks when they are neither usually get a pass unless there are no vets to bolster the teams chances. It's possible in this situation the person kicking didn't realize he had queued non vet until after he made a total jerk of himself.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    I have never tried to kick anybody before, but if i can tell its going to be a bad time i will leave.

We're talking about NORMAL dungeons here. What can possibly go wrong in normal dungeons, even if people have the worst possible setups ?

Wipes on bosses. I've seen several instances of lowbie groups not complete normal COA1, Fungal 2,Darkshade 2, etc., on twitch.

Yes, it's possible to fail and common.
    Wiping on darkshade 2 last boss is common even with +50 groups if not used to mechanic. it was there I learned healing :)
    So many times I have done normal randoms and ended on that boss.
    Stay close to healer and block during poison phase, no need to tank so tank should kill adds.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • kimaeril
    kimaeril
    ✭✭✭
    I've been fortunate and haven't had that happen. I started doing random normal dungeons at level 30 and never have been kicked and I've been the lowest in the group. I would be pretty upset though if it happened, it's not right to do to someone just because of their level.
  • UncannyLinderman
    UncannyLinderman
    ✭✭✭
    HorrorShow wrote: »
    I dislike CP. It creates a similar problem to EVE online. New players are disadvantaged and shunned by long term players.

It's worse in my situation. I've gotten up to CP 205 now, and at times still shunned and kicked. The kicker of it? I'm not new or inexperienced, I simply switched consoles. I spent two years on the Xbox one and then went to PS4 which meant starting from scratch. While not as big a problem now, when I was just hitting CP it was especially bad, even though I was outlasting several higher level folks in normal dungeons while they died to random nonsense. Sure, even at my levels, I won't have the same stat advantages, but I can hold my own and do fair damage without going down often. But they see that number and assume I must be bad.
  • tommalmm
    tommalmm
    ✭✭✭
    It's worse in my situation. I've gotten up to CP 205 now, and at times still shunned and kicked. The kicker of it? I'm not new or inexperienced, I simply switched consoles. I spent two years on the Xbox one and then went to PS4 which meant starting from scratch. While not as big a problem now, when I was just hitting CP it was especially bad, even though I was outlasting several higher level folks in normal dungeons while they died to random nonsense. Sure, even at my levels, I won't have the same stat advantages, but I can hold my own and do fair damage without going down often. But they see that number and assume I must be bad.

I've got a little bit of that too, when I started playing on ps4 some time ago. Now I'm ~cp350 there, so it doesn't happen anymore, but my, ~cp200s kicking at the very beginning of a dungeon a cp60 guy with proper gear that could outdps any of them and not die to any stupid mechanics made me laugh more than once :D (I'm ~cp710 on PC, where I play most of the time).
  • Axoinus
    Axoinus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I first started and barely knew the game, I was kicked from a group. The group leader was very polite and explained why I was kicked. I didn`t mind at all. He gave me a few whisper tips.

Just throwing it out there that if you feel you need to kick someone, you might just not look like a jerk if you`re just polite about it.
  • Radonneke
    Radonneke
    Soul Shriven
    Just did a Darkshade Caverns I VET with a pickup group that contained a lvl 14 DPS toon.

Took a bit and at time I think I did like 80% of DPS but we made it and the guys was lvl 20 at the end of the run :-)
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay, that tears it. I'm getting on my level 31 Templar tank with all 630 CP spent, and queuing. :p

EDIT: I missed the part where you said, a "DPS queued as a tank."

I actually chewed out a guildie a couple weeks ago for that. We had 3 dps, and were going to curbstomp a random normal... and they suggested we get the fourth by setting my role to tank... on a medium armor sorc. No. Don't. It's a very bad idea.

No worries. If you actually queue as tank, and are trying to level a tank, I really don't care what level you are. I'll normally let you stay. Lots of people though queue as tank, but have zero intentions of even remotely acting like a tank.

Veteran Vaults of Madness last night, we had two of these people in a row. When group first formed, noticed the CP 400+ person queuing as tank was a light armor destro staff user. They wouldn't start encounters with mobs at all. Everytime I started the encounter, as healer, I am exhausting my entire magicka pool just to keep myself alive while every mob is focus firing me. We kicked that "tank" and another tank showed up.

This time we got someone with heavy armor and I asked if they were a "real" tank. They said "I play whatev". I mentioned that he's worrying me with that two-handed sword he's carrying (half-joking). Sure enough, he starts the next few battles and sits on a single low-priority enemy the entire time until that enemy is dead, meanwhile the two dps and I are kiting around the 6 other enemies this "tank" isn't worrying about. We get to a boss, who proceeds to run wild between players the entire fight. The entire dungeon, he hasn't swapped to a second weapon. He's always using this two-handed sword. I ask the tank "Do you have a taunt skill slotted on your skill bar?" He says, and I quote, "Do I have what now?" I then said, "Do you know what a taunt is? Because you haven't used a single taunt skill yet." He said "Dude whatever, this is Normal." The other two DPS and I, almost in sync, all said "Um, this is Veteran bro." This guy was CP 170.

We kicked that "tank", waited for maybe 5 minutes, and then just went on to three-manning the whole dungeon. I do not promote queue-hopping (queuing as a role you don't intend to play), and I definitely won't carry a player who queue-hopped through a dungeon.

Edited by AlMcFly on August 6, 2017 6:19PM
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Lmao you would be surprised.

I dont do dungeons often but when i do i want a fast run wothout any wipes or hiccups.

Thats how i want to play. If you want to tank with a bow or heal with a 2h thats your business but im out. Could i carry through a normal dungeon? ... yeah most likely..... do i want to?......No i dont.

But if you're a DPS you could've just carried them through the dungeon before you even got queued into a new dungeon.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Tator
    Tator
    I definitely see that argument of 40+. However last night we did have to kick a lvl 11 and 13 that was put in our group for imperial prison. We have them 4 opportunities for the first boss fight before removing them. I don't flaw them as being bad players, I give the blame to the match making system that a lvl 11 and 13 doesn't have enough skill points or skills unlocked to complete a dungeon like imperial prison.

Sorry that happens to you at 40+ that is an a hole move.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I always do normal maelstrom to help level up before being eligible for dungeons. The title helps dissuade kick happy scrubs from booting me for being level 12 before giving me a chance - especially if they are sporting the same title as me.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you shouldnt feel angry about them/towards them...

you should pitty them...

they are afterall 'end game players' with max CP who cant even help a relatively new player out in a normal dungeon!
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zoliru wrote: »
    and giving that Player a 15 min CD because of it....

all of you that do this.... in a normal dungeon...

Go and F.... yourselfs....

thats all....

wish i could slap people through the screen sometimes....

I'd never kick a player because NO CP in a normal dungeon (that's just silly ***), but I might kick a player for not playing their role, f!@&^ off in a corner for the majority of the dungeon, and not doing mechanics when required... after at leasta couple of wipes and some discussion about mechanics).

Some players need to put the bong down, and put both hands on the controller.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that goes for most of the DLC dungeons.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XxBradeyxX wrote: »
    It depends on the dungeon though. I am not carrying no low level 100 through vet mazzatun.

He specifically mentioned a normal dungeon, most which are soloable.

not the ones with mechanics ie. fungal II, etc.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Hope they got an cp500 or something who only did LA with bow as replacement :)

you know why you got an AWESOME??? Becuse I think I've been PUG'd with this idiot a few times... CP alone is NO indicator of any worth.

WTF is going on with the fools of all levels trying to just LA their way through dungeons?
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happend to me yesterday, i was still in need of the quest in darkshade cavers 1 and i didnt wanted to not bother vet dungeon players so i thought normal would be a better idea when doing quests in there. My guild buddys were offline or were doing something else so i joined a random group and got kicked after a few seconds - as a CP400 Player in a normal dungeon...
    Well, the next group was pretty chill, only lvl 20-30 players and everyone was doing the quest, was a nice fun run.
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • basketcaseNZ
    basketcaseNZ
    ✭✭
    I got booted right after we'd taken down a powerful boss. I don't know why, I thought we were doing well.

Then there was the guy who for some reason believed he had the right to tell me how to play. He didn't try to boot me though. He just badgered me on the mic through nearly the entire dungeon.

• Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    XxBradeyxX wrote: »
    It depends on the dungeon though. I am not carrying no low level 100 through vet mazzatun.

He specifically mentioned a normal dungeon, most which are soloable.

not the ones with mechanics ie. fungal II, etc.

I've solo'ed FG2 on normal dozens of times.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA