Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When do you leave a group?

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Inspired after my salty 4 hour run in nhof....

@Flaminir I needzz a ....
Edited by Tasear on August 4, 2017 1:55AM

When do you leave a group? 292 votes

After x about of time
6%
Riptidejava34nub18_ESOAaronLawrenceRajajshkaFlaminirWildWilburOrphanHelgenO_LYKOSCherryCakeCroniccrabfred4jeedrzejBlanketFortOstaradoePrincess_CiriMazbtTucker3711JobooAGS 18 votes
After x about of wipes
20%
Sorianak9mousechorkpopprofundidob16_ESOIruil_ESOFrancescolgFrenkthevilealkodavgreyloxSerpaceEnemy-of-ColdharbourSurprisedFour91KelcesDysprosiumEllieBlueReverbSploshC0L0SSUSmeekeyceeHawco10 59 votes
Bad teammates
38%
wayfarerxSlurgArobainrotaugen454WuffyCeruleiDschiPeuntTryxusTonnopescetimb16_ESO85YakidafiFeciusvrineTriumviriAzraelKriegFlameheartbottleofsyrupGiraffonradiostarRustyfish101Shaiba 113 votes
Never
11%
CarokubeAelorinVriendabennysbeastb16_ESO2AlienSloffalcasternub18_ESOtheroyalestpythonnub18_ESOArnoTerranovaRAMAOrootimusagegartonWreuntzyllaMProskGlaiceanaBeardimusdeleted008293Insomnia rexDocFrost72TheNorthernDragonmax_only 35 votes
Other
22%
SirAndydriosketchMojmirAlMcFlyIamDestinyAstridSkayaqKhenarthiKoensolzariaAurielleDovresMalvenLumiPavlina20SirCriticalIts_AlexisTeridaxusvyndral13preub18_ESOxSkullfoxkimaeril 67 votes
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad teammates
    If I'm pulling way more DPS than I should be and we keep wiping, I'm out. It doesn't happen often though as most dungeons can be carried.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on August 4, 2017 1:58AM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After x about of wipes
    I don't care if a Dungeon takes a long time, so long as there's progress and a finish. But if we're bashing our heads against something over and over and making absolutely no headway? Coupled with the fact that I don't carry Repair Kits? Yeah, I'll leave.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Cage_Lizardman
    Cage_Lizardman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad teammates
    With randoms, if they do like 5k dps in a vet dungeon, I leave and tell them why if I'm not playing a DD on one of the easier ones and can carry them quickly. Otherwise, number of wipes or time is less important as long as I see we have a chance. People did give me a chance to practice when I was new at these things, and I like to return that favor. You can always port out to repair.

I don't leave guildmates unless I have to. Spent 6 hours doing vICP first time with some guildmates who hadn't done it before either. Spent many hours trying to clear nHoF when it came out, though the guild stuck to 2-3 hours sessions at a time to maintain our sanity.
  • Mondini
    Mondini
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    If I realise we don't have a chance of finishing a dungeon or they keep activating hard mode and we can't do hardmode.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad teammates
    When it becomes clear it is not possible to beat the content, or it will take a significantly longer time than normal to do so with the current group.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never
    I haven't done a trial yet. just on my experience of vet dlc dungeons -- never.
    Edited by max_only on August 4, 2017 2:59AM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Heroeric1337
    Heroeric1337
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I leave teams when either im bad for the group, the group is bad for me, or when we complete the activity.
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    All of above
    Pc na
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After x about of wipes
    1-3 wipes. Depends on my mood and overall feeling of group strength. Good to be healer, no need to worry about queuing time.
  • Vipstaakki
    Vipstaakki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    When the first person starts to whine.. I dare you, i double dog dare you to start whining.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never
    I have never left a group but I, mostly, group with my friends.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    When I have to go bc I ran out of time to keep playing.
  • mesmerizedish
    mesmerizedish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I leave a group whenever I want to. Nobody owns my time but me.
  • Jailbirdy
    Jailbirdy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    ...right after I get the healer to pull my finger
    Disclaimer: The statements and information from this account are for entertainment & informational purposes only. Any interpretation, implied or otherwise does not constitute negligence on any part of this forum posting.
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After x about of wipes
    In 4-man groups I will leave after a few wipes if the players are obstinent. If they are noobs but willing to learn I will try to train them and keep trying as long as I have time and they are willing. At that point, it's less about completing the dungeon quickly and more about helping others get better at the game.

In trials, I'll leave if the raid leader is a jerk or if the group is obviously hopeless.
    Edited by dpencil1 on August 4, 2017 5:15AM
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    You just know
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad teammates
    If they refuse to learn mechanics or play as a group. Why would I bother then.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bad teammates
    As healer, always bad team mates. If you're running around making it hard for me to keep you alive or I'm the first to die because the DPS were too focused on the boss to get the add that wanted my head, I'm not sticking around. If I'm a DPS and the healer is not doing their job properly (ie. Spamming Healing Springs unnecessarily, only using BoL etc.) and I die multiple times, I'm out.

Thankfully when I'm tanking I'm on my warden so I can keep myself alive with my own heals.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Euant
    Euant
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    When people send me messages about my play when I play a healer exclusively and I'm not the reason people are dying.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never
    I've done 4-man vet dungeons, but not trials yet, via PUGs. I've never left. Yeah, there were a couple of times when someone in the group sucked, but if I'd left, it would have been a crappy thing to do to the other teammates who just want to get through the dungeon. It just wastes everybody's time, in my opinon. It wastes less time to just get through the dungeon.
    Basically, when I do a PUG, I know there's a chance the team might suck. If you don't want lesser-qualified players on your team, then it's better to go with a guild group.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tend to do dungeons, and I'm one of those who is happy to help new players through dungeons, check whether they need to stop to do quests, and generally make sure they are ok and having fun.

So I don't normally leave dungeon groups unless we wipe multiple times on a boss and the group makeup clearly isn't working.

I did have an incident in Cyro recently though, I was in a campaign with a pre-formed small group, we had some things we wanted to do. A random was invited to group, and was quite pushy about what s/he wanted to do, which is not what I would have decided to do, or in the way I would have chosen to do it, with plenty of moaning about "I normally lead groups, not join them" - so as I like to keep people happy, I handed them the crown then left group and reformed with my friends so that we could do other stuff.

Yes it might seem petty but I was there to have fun with friends, not be bossed around by some random (who had a much lower PvP rank than I do and was IMO 'doing it wrong').
    Edited by Epona222 on August 4, 2017 5:11AM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    When the dungeon is done? I mean I've just done the automatic grouper so far so maybe that doesn't count.
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I will usually stick it out in most cases, even if a team isn't very good. However I draw the line and will ALWAYS leave in two very clear scenarios:
    1. Come into a DLC dungeon, normal or vet, and realize the person who queued as a tank is NOT a tank. Instant leave party.
    2. If the team is overall not very good AND they start blaming the healer (me), even though I'm probably overhealing at all times and putting out better dps than the dps roles. There's only so much I can do when everyone is getting one-shot and standing in ground aoe the entire fight without trying to leave it.
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I know being a healer sometimes requires patience, but...
    qiHMkqg.png

I have my limits.

And no, they didn't kill her. She ended up healing to full health from 21%, and the first fight at the Oblivion gate took about 14 minutes itself, so there was no hope. I forced a wipe and went to bed.
    Edited by Alpheu5 on August 4, 2017 5:38AM
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • Rustyfish101
    Rustyfish101
    ✭✭✭
    Bad teammates
    Only if people are absolute jerks for no reason. I love helping people learn if they don't know what's going on, and I'm patient if group DPS is low, as long as the people are pleasant. There is nothing better at souring an experience like horrible, negative people.
    Tanks:
    Fishando - Dragonknight Tank - Master Crafter
    Healers:
    Rustyfish - Templar Healer
    Rozykinz - Warden Healer - Godslayer
    Bellafish - Dragonknight Healer
    Heals-With-Fish - Nightblade Healer
    Fishromancer - Necromancer Healer
    DPS:
    Rusted Rose - Magicka Sorcerer
    Unifish - Magicka Dragonknight
    Fishy Cakes - Magicka Templar
    Rosy Bell - Magicka Nightblade
    Rosyfish - Stamina Templar
    Rosy Fish - Stamina Warden
    Llamafish - Stamina Nightblade

PC/NA
    Founder of Mudcrab Knights, a friendly, welcoming, guild that teaches end game content, specifically trials to everyone who wants to learn!
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Never
    You either agree to disband a group that's going nowhere or you get on with it. Those who simply quit and walk away are the single thing that really pisses me off about this game - a very small group of elitist, whining *** who seem to think the world owes them something.
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad teammates
    Pvp? When the group leader does not know what he is doing.

Pve? Never. Since i do random normal only i can carry the group alone even if the others are terribad
    Signature

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    agegarton wrote: »
    You either agree to disband a group that's going nowhere or you get on with it. Those who simply quit and walk away are the single thing that really pisses me off about this game - a very small group of elitist, whining *** who seem to think the world owes them something.
    Mostly, however if you wanted do do normal WGT and selected veteran by mistake :)

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Grabmoore
    Grabmoore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    When it's done. I will finish the dungeon I join, with or without my team.
    EU - PC - Ebonheart Pact
    Iggy Grabmoore - Argonian Magicka Templar | Nyctasha - Redguard Stamina Nightblade
    Do-Ra'Zhar - Khajiit Stamina DK | Ashmedi - Dunmer Magicka DK
    Vanya Darchow - AD Altmer Magicka Sorc | Malek gro'Kash - Orc Stam Sorc
    GM of "Handelshaus von Riften" - Trading & PvX Community
  • Drazkyth
    Drazkyth
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I leave a group whenever I want to. Nobody owns my time but me.

This.

However I usually have some patience especially with newer players to the game. We all started somewhere afterall.
    There are a few things that will make me leave the group in Veteran Dungeons instantly however;

#1 Someone who is tagged as a tank who very clearly is not a tank.
    #2 When I'm doing 80%+ of the overall DPs in a Dungeon that cannot be carried.
    #3 When people start bitching at oneanother after several wipes when infact they're all terrible.
    PC EU
    British Is Best

Deekus Xerrean
    Ebonheart Pact Grand Overlord

Why so salty?
    QQ Some more