The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

When do you leave a group?

• TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    MTG-ThreadNecromancer_3198.jpg
  • Llaren_Uvayn
    Llaren_Uvayn
    ✭✭✭
    Bad teammates
    The other day I left a PUG in City of Ash II because the DPS kept dawdling in red circles, they refused to resurrect, causing us to wipe four times on Urata, and the DPS for Urata was so low that I deemed it impossible for us to kill Valkyn Skoria before he destroyed all the platforms.
    PS4 / EU

Sadryn Hlervu: Warden tank
    Llaren Uvayn: Templar healer and faithful Tribunal servant
    Ashanabi Addunipu: Ashlander mercinary from the grazelands
  • Zeni0s
    Zeni0s
    ✭✭
    Other
    In vet DG after x wipes, if the teammates sucks i see if there is a hope. If i know there is one, i won't leave (i finished city of ashe 2 vet when i was cp220 with a mNB 13k life and a heal russian who wasn't understanding English well cp28 laggin at the final fight).
    Even if it was a waist of time for me, i knew we can make it, and in the end they were happy to finish it.
    Now i know with the first mob pack if we'll succeed or not. But i love kicking trash talkers. Sometimes they want to kick the other dd because he's lower than me and the guy want finish faster. But i don't want to, if the other dd has a low cp count, but die rarely in a hard dg, i see potential, and maybe he is at my level a long ago, he'll progress well!

I'm raiding in guild only (excepted when i was needed my moondancer lighting staff) and i close the raid after x time. If we can't make it i prefer close the raid here and lose than fired fiew lowers members to invite stronger ones to finish the raid. So, i never leave a raid!
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    If I'm on my tank or healer and the first trash pull in a vet dungeon takes an eternity because the DPS do maybe 10k between the two of them, I direct them to alcasthq.com and peace on out of there. :)
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    When everybody else gives up and leaves. Or if I have to go afk for dinner or walk the dogs or whatever.

But I find that usually people give up way before me.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Trashkan wrote: »
    I don't care if the group sucks completly but if you know it's not gonna get done with the current group being it a dps check or tank can't survive you gotta know when to call it. But what really drives me mad are control freaks that have to type in chat and tell you everything to do in a very rude manner most input is great it's the attitude and elitism that makes me drop group or player. I don't care if your good because you are very replaceable with equal or better teamates.
    On the flip side of that, I will pretty much never leave unles people are doing things counter to mechanics in a way that will essentially cause a fail, and when you explain why nicely (no snark just - this boss does x so we need to do y...and they flat ignore you and wipe the same way over again, or give you snark - yeah then I am out. I'll stay usually as long as I don't have to do something real life, as long as the people in the group are trying and at least being reasonable.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tunepunk wrote: »
    When I get a vote kick popup before we even got started, because someone didn't have high enough CP, or got questioned about what he was wearing. It's a good indicator that this is going to be a toxic group, so i rather wait for the next one.

Lol I vote NO then I say in group chat: whoever initiated that vote kick, if you have an issue, step on. We will be fine without you.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Omfg. Just realised I'm replying to a necropost.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never
    Mureel wrote: »
    Omfg. Just realised I'm replying to a necropost.

It's probably good anytime. It was a generic question.
  • Tucker3711
    Tucker3711
    ✭✭✭
    After x about of time
    I run out of time and have to leave
    @Tucker311- PC
    Tucker3711
    Nord Beth Rose (EP)
    Imperial Freya Var (DC)
    High Elf Hestia du foyer (AD)
    Wood Elf Epona Caoin (AD)
    Hotstuff Queen
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I always leave group once we are done completing the trial.
    Edited by Vahrokh on April 27, 2018 10:46PM
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    If I notice I'm the weak link, I'd offer to leave so they can find replacement. It never happened to me though, but, I don't PUG that much so I'm not exposed to those kind of situations anymore. Nevertheless, I wouldn't leave a group where I'm not the problem, even if we wipe a lot... unless is some kind of toxic situation and/or someone is misbehaving badly...

Last time I was on a failed group was... I think in 2015, when I was healing a veteran Crypt of Hearts (I think it was 2, but I dont honestly remember atm.) and I kept dying to the big AoE burst of the Bone Clossus boss (that one that charges into walls and stuff leaving a fire path on its way... and from time to time explodes in an AoE around him, that at first doesn't do much damage, but when he's below 50% hp the damage is increased and the knockback from the AoE is unblockable), and after wiping several times, everyone decided to stop trying... it was mostly my fault, though since i didn't knew at that time that you couldn't block the damage of that ability and kept trying to do that :blush: But I wasn't even at max level cap at that time, so at least I have an excuse :innocent:

OTOH, about that time frame too, I've also been in several groups where even if we kept wiping a lot (Fungal Grotto 2, rings a bell for some reason :* ), we'd talk and try different stuff until we got it :) Those were the times when the game was most fun for me :smile:
    Edited by leeux on April 27, 2018 11:05PM
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • Astrid
    Astrid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Edited by Astrid on April 30, 2018 7:35PM