The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When do you leave a group?

• madchuska83
    madchuska83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    When my ol' lady tells me to.
  • Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad teammates
    Doing 25%+ group dps as a tank, while doing around 5k dps absolute, let me think about clicking the "disband" command.

Other reasons:

- Pulling 70%+ group dps as a DD, so I realize that the other DD is a total fail
    - Enhanced: Pulling 70%+ group dps as a DD, so I realize that the other DD is a total fail, I still manage to get the stuff down relative fast but fights last longer now and having a healer who doesn't deliver any support (hey, it's either shards or bubbles and those synergies block each other so it's a all-20-seconds-thing..)
    - Tanks who aren't tanks, fleeing from mudcrabs like headless chickens, which makes it impossible to apply ground
    dots effetively as a DD
    - Ritalin kid tanks who think that moving mobs around and out of all ground dots make them special and cool
    - Ignoring basic combat mechanics, even if told beforehand. It already pisses me off as a melee DD if a healer or (bow/bow..) DD stands far away on range at bosses who have scripted attacks like jumping to the farest player. Ok, another 6 k stamina/magicka wasted for ground dots...thx, oh and no support of course...

I won't always leave when above things happen, but let me have a bad day and logging in with some core aggression and add such a thing and it might happen. 12 minute cooldowns do not bother me, I just log onto another char and queue up again, but it may bother you after a half cleared instance and I was the tank, good luck finding a replacement.

It's my playtime and I do whatever I want with it.

Edited by Flameheart on September 12, 2017 6:59AM
    Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)

• IamDestiny
    IamDestiny
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Story time:

Wayrest Sewers II (Normal): It was the pledge during that day and i did veteran easily earlier. I was doing my daily dungeon quest and got ported into an already in progress with a 630!! cp tank and some 20-80 cp people. My thoughts were like already in progress... yes (its faster), that should be easily carryable (nope). Turns out those people had zero idea about the mechanics of the first boss. I even tried to tell them what to do as any reasonable person would. It went something like this:
    1. We start the fight i get lifted confused as to why nobody is activating those altars. Trying to tell them what to do. One by one dies (even the 630 cp tank did nothing WTF).
    2. Without actually listening or hesitating the tank attacked the boss again (which really tilted me). Burned the boss to 200k hp and got lifted and wipe.
    3. Tank left. Now they were kinda listening and i got them standing next to the altars, but now they were standing in the aoe of the boss and did not move. Its like they could only do one thing at a time :( . Got lifted they did not press the altars and i left. That is not worth my time.
    Quite funny was that during the "conversation" one of them said: "Everytime i am in here something bad happens."

Cradle of Shadows (Normal): I can duo that dungeon just need a tank that survives and knows kinda what to do. Explaining them everything they have to do before each boss. The only thing that really shocked me was when a bunch of cp100-160 people did not know that there was an interrupt called "bash" in this game. (For the second boss.. i can dodge it but thats not the point).

Crypt of Hearts II (Veteran): There is only one thing i hate the most about people who join vet dungeons during pledge get carried till the last boss then fail and ask whether we can do it on non-HM.

Vaults of Madness (Veteran): The moment i heard that distinctive and very unique "snipe" sound i lost all hope for mankind. Thankfully that person left before the first mini-boss because our tank dc'ed and he did not wanna stick around. Funny thing is yet another person this time in high cp said: "Someone always dies to that boss." People apparently do not know you should stop dps.

The thing about carrying people through those dungeons is they think oh i did that one easily last time i can do it again and then there are 3-4 of them in a group and they fail miserably.

And those are the things i remember in the past weeks...
    Edited by IamDestiny on August 10, 2017 5:56AM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never
    Last couple of days, was running tank and pulled 30% of DPS on a regular basis (means with many different groups)

Sticked to it and got the teams through

Ok it was in normal mode (im not suicidal ^^)
  • DonWalking
    DonWalking
    ✭✭✭
    Bad teammates
    I'm a tank and if it takes more than 5 minutes for the group to be able to kill the adds in the first room of the entire dungeon with myself having to do a tedious amount of that damage than I'm out... I ain't about to waste 4 hours into a god dam dungeon of all things.
  • Ommy71
    Ommy71
    ✭✭✭
    When someone say hi in group chat.
    ommyy - Stamblade - Brigadier - Master Angler - Former Emperor - All trophies Done - Stormproof - 27400 Achievement Points....
    PC-EU
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    I leave whenever I feel like the team is not putting any effort in or their DPS (for example) is terrible.

If I'm DD, then the healer is just not using any rotation or abilities.

Basically if it's a weak group I'll leave. I don't have time for spending 20 minutes on each easy Vet boss...
    "It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad teammates
    Ommy71 wrote: »
    When someone say hi in group chat.

Why?
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I leave whenever I feel like the team is not putting any effort in or their DPS (for example) is terrible.

If I'm DD, then the healer is just not using any rotation or abilities.

Basically if it's a weak group I'll leave. I don't have time for spending 20 minutes on each easy Vet boss...
    Hopeless stuff, nWGT as healer, cp46 tank, cp200 and cp50 dd, looks decent, previous healer dropped out on fist trash should send an warning.
    Tank has 18K health but at least he held agro most of the time, cp200 has 11K health, she had an crit set she said, food active but must be restore or white stamina food. wipes over and over on first boss, cp50 drops out, replaced by lvl24, I left.

Next dungeon was vCoA1, smooth run 3 man most of the time as we had problem getting the last player inn.
    Two deaths, this one from fall damage and DD who tried to do trash while I and tank was behind.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Inspired after my salty 4 hour run in nhof....

@Flaminir I needzz a ....

4 hours in normal.Did you at least complete it?
  • KhajiitLion
    KhajiitLion
    ✭✭
    Other
    I never group, solo forever
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    When I'm dodge rolling the Atros in ICP because they've hit the enrage timer. After a few mins, you just know.

found myself dealing with those on my own before.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    When I see there is absolutely no potential that the group will complete the dungeon. Like in my normal FG2 last week. I still have nightmares of all the dps in heavy armor spamming bow light attacks. They would never ever have been able to kill one of the chainers on 2nd boss.
  • Ulfomir
    Ulfomir
    Soul Shriven
    Other
    When people Leroy like morons and locks half the group out from a boss-fight.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Ulfomir wrote: »
    When people Leroy like morons and locks half the group out from a boss-fight.
    LOL, Random normal got, Wayrest 1, one of the easiest dungeons in the game, one lvl40 rest had cp, me and another above 200. Obviously smooth run, up to the second last boss there tank managed to lock both DD out of the fight.
    I thought DD was on top of ramp doing ranged as both was magic users, then see I was doing 75% of DD and 5K, it was an boring fight, rushing made the fight so much faster for tank :)
    I did not knew about the door mechanism and thought DD had gone the wrong way or something and was mostly angry at them.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Trashkan
    Trashkan
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I don't care if the group sucks completly but if you know it's not gonna get done with the current group being it a dps check or tank can't survive you gotta know when to call it. But what really drives me mad are control freaks that have to type in chat and tell you everything to do in a very rude manner most input is great it's the attitude and elitism that makes me drop group or player. I don't care if your good because you are very replaceable with equal or better teamates.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    When everything is lost.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bad teammates
    If I'm tanking or healing, first boss. Even if we beat it sometimes I will. If they take 10 minutes to kill it, I'm out. I work full time and have other stuff going on. Get a few hours a night. Not wasting it doing banished cells 1 for an hour.

If I'm dps I don't mind as much because I can speed that up. Even if other fps is rubbish I know I'll kill stuff pretty quick. But, if we wipe 3 or 4 times do to people not knowing the mechanics in the slightest on a boss after me explaining... I'm out.
  • macheezie
    macheezie
    Other
    I never have BUT there was this one time where the tank and healer were bickering with each other so the tank left.. then the healer.. then the other dps.. and now, since I wasn't in a group, it ported me out. YAY! Waited all that time to catch some people bickering then be ported out. So fun.

:)
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    A Dungeon/Raid guild I run with is very, very patient 97% of the time, but one thing that nearly made them kick a healer last night in a FGv was a healer that only healed 50% of the time and routinely, all...the....way....through the dungeon ran ahead and aggroed mobs intentionally. We honestly couldn't tell if he was trolling. He nearly got the boot, but they held out and, after 15 deaths, we finished it. That healer, however, will never run with them again. LOL
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    After x about of wipes
    This ofc depends on what i'm doing. If i'm trying new content or play with friends i will normaly stay until i have to leave because of real life stuff. But if i'm in a pug on for example vwgt or vcos and i feel like this is impossible I'll leave.
  • ArnoTerranova
    ArnoTerranova
    ✭✭✭
    Never
    I never leave the group.
    This is why all my characters are still stuck in Fungus Grotto.

Fatty White-Claw (lvl 50+) heal trial pve
    Koros Bone-Shield (lvl 50+) tank trial pve
    Koros Lust (lvl 50+) dps pve, pvp
    Seiri (lvl 50+) dps pve
    Wildfire (lvl 50+) dps pvp
    EU-PC - Playing since April 2014. (beta)
  • Lord_Etrigan
    Lord_Etrigan
    ✭✭✭✭
    When a healer keeps messaging DPS in a vet 2 dungeon intead of focusing on his own job.

If was I was good enought to bring the final boss down to 30% with mayor button lag before I wiped than surly my DPS is good enough to get the job done.
    PS4 EU
    Lord Etrigan (Former Emperor): PVE High Elf Sorcerer
    Nyssa al Ghul: PVP Nightblade Wood Elf (Ganker)
    Lady-Death : PVP High Elf Sorcerer (8 x Campaigns Former Empress and Grand Warlord) Retired:(
    Achmed-Silence I keel you: PVP Dark Elf Nightblade (Suicide Bomber)
    I'm with stupid: PVP Argonian Magic Temp (Group support and healer).

Guild:
    The Order of Stolas (Founder and Guild Master)

Faction: Aldmeri Dominion

Her Royal Highness Queen Ayrenn Arana wants You for Dominion.
    LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never
    I voted never. So often we lose members and win new to our groups. For me, its a learning curve. First time WGT as vamp Lv.4 cp 220 at the time, now cp250, still a kitten, it was over 3 hours, but wow, frustation, yes but also fun. Im running BC 1 and " withe Lv 20 and so characters in under 1 hour without dying, most of da time. Just begin with vet Dung and only non dlc ones
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    It's situational, and there are a lot of factors to consider.

While level and CP's do play a factor, they are not the key factor. While some content does lend itself to a certain minimum, I'd rather talk a newer player through the fight and succeed than have a CP1000 without a clue that still insists they know what to do.

Thing is, with enough experience, you have a pretty good feel for whether or not there is success to be had.
    • If there is outright not enough heals/dps/tanking to be had. Most instances allow a wide variance in this, but realistically, there is a minimum.
      Example: I was tanking a COH II run where they wanted to do HM to get the helm drop. Healer was around CP300 and was fine. Both NB DPS were max CP and didn't have enough to burn Urata, all the while insisting their "proc DPS" was OP...

I had to break the news that clearly, it was not.
    • Complete incomprehension of one's role or class.

Clicking the Tank/Heals/DPS checkbox does not make it so.
    • If groupmates will not listen to suggestion and follow advice, as individuals or as a group, to better deal with the fight or group makeup.
      There are always alternative strategies and methods. What works for one group may not work for another.
    • If ZoS or RNG refuses to allow success (bugs, lag, DC's, etc.)
    • You've simply been at it too long and fatigue is setting in. This leads to reduces reaction, mistakes, and it can quickly go downhill from there.

There is usually little to be gained from repeated failure when it's almost a certainty. Part of being experienced is seeing when the line from determination to stubbornness is about to be crossed.

Even the most bad-ass group can have one-of-those-days when it's just not happening. The experienced ones will generally be able to come to a consensus when it's time to call it.

The newer ones will always give it "one more try."
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • tommalmm
    tommalmm
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    In my case it really varies. I sometimes just get triggered by something and leave (like sorc heal with matriarch being the only heal, templar healer with resto not using any hots or 18k health not taunting "tank" on vet... or people just not listening when I try to explain mechanics, starting fights right away and wiping again and again).

On the other hand, sometimes I just spend waaay to much time trying to get people through the content, explaining and repeating the same stuff over and over till we succeed (like recently, when I had to heal vCOA2 HM from 60% without platforms with less than 18k group DPS and a tank that that was too stubborn to not start the fight at the middle platform).
    HellFlame wrote: »
    Vaults of Madness (Veteran): [...]Funny thing is yet another person this time in high cp said: "Someone always dies to that boss." People apparently do not know you should stop dps.
    I assure you, many people that say it, know exactly that mechanics. It's just soooo much faster to just DPS and let one person die if needed. It's actually pretty easy to kill the boss before it does that siphon. Hell, if you're good, you actually need only one DD to do that :D. Unless you want no death run, but then people usually just state that at he very beginning of a dungeon. Then everyone else acts accordingly.
  • Dysprosium
    Dysprosium
    ✭✭✭
    After x about of wipes
    I don't have a set number of wipes- if we are wiping but getting progressively better I stick around. If we keep wiping over and over and not improving at all eventually I call it a day.
  • Heroborg
    Heroborg
    ✭✭
    After completing dungeon or trial or after failing over and over for so long its not even worth going on.
    Daggerfall Covenant Loyalist
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    Either the group calls it quits, or when I need to get to bed.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • RAMAO
    RAMAO
    Never
    I only leave when I lose my goddamned connection
    There's no hero without an event.