Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why do you PVP ?

• Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can not vote because your one option For your daily dose of drama do not match with me.

I discovered pvp slowly by slowly. I was going very often on Cyrodill on solo mode, to do delves, skyshard, fishing. Avoiding fights, and learning how to hide, escape and go on. Beleive it or not, this is a place where solo i destress. In rl i suffer from health pain, in those time i go there. The concentration needed there to avoid enemies allow me to slowly forget my pain.

But since the event i learned and enjoyed to group, or duo. I laughed a lot, really. I had also to think tactics, or to just rush into a battle just for the fun of it.

So i like the pvp part also now, BUT i do not want the drama part. I am still one of those who leave a group if a drama start.
    My most recent characters
    AD - Chjara NB
    -
  • OC_Justice
    OC_Justice
    ✭✭✭
    Open skills after that I will probably be done with it.
    Should have been an option IMO.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ofSunhold wrote: »
    None of those. I PvP because it's fun, and that's my only motivation.

AP is nice, achievements are fine, I'll do my best to help my faction win, too mellow for drama.

^^^
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    True challenge is to fight other players. Pve is all about learning mechanics, pvp fights are never the same.

Countering, timing the attacks etc are never static in pvp, like they are in pve
    NB enthusiastic:
    1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
    2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
    3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
    4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

Go dominion or go home

Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For Achievements
    I only play for achievements and skills.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2340+
  • Absolut_Turkey
    Absolut_Turkey
    ✭✭✭
    For my faction to win
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    Oooh I nobody posted this. I'll do it

cn8599h.gif
    This is all the reason you need.
    Omniel Morningstar - Khajiit - Nightblade
    Veyron Galerion - Altmer - Sorcerer
    Star-Caller - Argonian - Templar
    Aradriel Nightwood - Bosmer - Warden
    Vermillion Alexander - Imperial - Dragonknight
  • lasertooth
    lasertooth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP is group play at its best. A well organized group coordinating their ultimates and working together as a solid unit will easily outperform a less organized group triple its size.

Unlike a dungeon with predictable group play mechanics, PvP is never the same. Each fight is different.

That's why I PvP. It's all about that dynamic group play with friends.
    Lasertooth
    GM of ESO Grand Designs, Grand Designs Too, and Grand Designs Trinity
    Xbox/NA
  • SASQUATCH0
    SASQUATCH0
    ✭✭✭✭
    All the above
    Honestly at first I just wanted a cool symbol next to my name. But after a while I really started to enjoy pvp.
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the above
    You forgot to add another option OP...... PvP is harder than PvE.

It's exponentially more challenging than fighting a scripted behemoth that you know is going to move this way, cast this at this time, give a telegraph of a big swing. adds spawn at this time...etc etc.

Don't get me wrong. I used to do the "elite PvE raiding" thing. But after awhile it just gets boring. I never really did it in this game because imo, the raid A.I. in this game and the events just don't make it that interesting.

Fighting a human opponent is a challenge. Fighting an NPC is not. Especially after the 100th time.
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • OC_Justice
    OC_Justice
    ✭✭✭
    lasertooth wrote: »
    PvP is group play at its best. A well organized group coordinating their ultimates and working together as a solid unit will easily outperform a less organized group triple its size.

Unlike a dungeon with predictable group play mechanics, PvP is never the same. Each fight is different.

That's why I PvP. It's all about that dynamic group play with friends.

My daughter loves it for this reason.
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For Achievements
    I PvP when:

1) To get the Assault line skills (caltrops, etc) for my stam builds
    2) When there is some lame event that demands PvP participation

That's it. There is WAY too much drama to deal with. I could just stay at work and deal with that sort of drama. I don't want to come home to it.

I find most of Cyrodil to be a complete waste of time. Let's see... spend 15 minutes riding somewhere... wipe... rinse... repeat. Or... spend 30 minutes breaking down a keep, only to get zerged from behind.

All is vanity and vexation of spirit.
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For AP only
    OP, you screwed up putting an "All of the Above" option in your poll. Options like this historically contaminate true statistical results for a variety of reasons.
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because it's more fun than PVE

This, I don't pvp for any of the reasons listed on that poll. I do it because pvp is fun.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cyrodiil has just become a chilled place to hang out...

I enjoy testing my builds and skills...i play solo, but, it's nice to see some of the same names I've been fighting with and against over the last couple of years...

it feels good to win...and, even though some losses can be really frustrating - it's a lot of fun to compete...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For Achievements
    I really dislike PvP but need achievements to get furnishings, and because I <3 achievements.

Wish there could be a learning campaign. Really hard to figure out what you're doing wrong when your entire PvP experience is ride to fight, die in 2 seconds, make build changes, ride to fight, die in 2 seconds, etc. Also makes it really hard to gain AP.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the above
    Why do I PvP?
    https://youtu.be/-59jGD4WrmE?t=1m00s
    Edited by Idinuse on July 26, 2017 6:10PM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For AP only
    For now, mainly AP because I still am working on gearing all of my alts lol
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because its the most satisfying gameplay in this game in my opinion, I'm a bit shocked there is not "for the sake of PvP" option.
  • Kr3do
    Kr3do
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good question.
    Why the hell do i torture myself?
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fighting scripted enemies is not the kind of challenge i prefer... it seems to be more about memorization, like a "bopit" or a "simon". PvP is dynamic in a way that PvE will never be. Teamwork and adaptability are far more crucial.
    Edited by Thogard on July 26, 2017 6:52PM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None. To expose scrubs.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Uhm...

Fun?
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I PvP because I have to in order to get a pretty crown. :'(
    ->--Willow--<-
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For skills and events only
    Aimora Gilidhren - 50 Hybrid Sorcerer
    Aimae Gilihdril - 50Templar Healer
    Aimsae Astasia - 50 Templar Tank
    Aimellie Halfpenny - 50 Nightblade spinning DPS
    Sofae Ethelbur - 50 Dragonknight Tank
    Sha'Mash 50 - Nightblade - Former Empress
    Saelenor Wilihfren 50 - Templar No. 3
    Seliene Harbingerin 50 - DK in training
    Aims For Equanimity 10 - Magicka DK

Circle of the Phoenix - Guild Mistress
    Elysium - Guild 2nd in Command
    Auridon Trading Company - Joint GM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

Check me out at Anook anook.com/aimora
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For AP only
    Not even AP or ranks... just trying to unlock as many skill points as possible... ;)
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For my faction to win
    more fun then PVE... in pve u know what exactly boss or adds are going to do...But in pvp everything is surprsing:D... it is like chess u need to guess what the enemy will do next:)..and u know his hand(skills)...

awesome...
    Edited by TheHsN on July 27, 2017 9:56AM
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the above
    To get Emp again one time in future B)
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • SlinkySlack
    SlinkySlack
    ✭✭✭
    :/ None of the above !!

My reason is somewhat contrary to poplar believe. I've always been told that PVP is toxic (the poplar believe), thus I've only went to Cyrodiil for alliance skills on one character. Not wanting to spend resources/gold I always went with my PVE mag sorc set up for trials and later vet trials. Died a lot, so much that my skills actually leveled up to unlock magica bomb (proxy det) and rank Veteran, still had no skill in PVP but by now I know what to do, when and where and to always stick to crown...
    a Lot of know how with minimum skill.

So I did not PVP because its to expensive to get all gear and re-skill and re-champion point and everyone keeps telling me its toxic. So I did my trials and dungeons every day, became very knowledgeable and knew all dungeons and trial mechanics by hand and became quite adapt to running trials. BUT as you all know... With every update/upgrade there is more info for server to process, thus more LAG. I live in South Africa. There is and will always be distance to server lag. This is not a problem on its own, but with server lag the total lag I enjoy is easily triple that the rest of the community experience. With every update/grade I've watched how elder scrolls morphed into the Portal scrolls. Yes I play the portal scrolls online, Forget rubber banding, nope, enemy's and players and my character disappear and reappear constantly. When I see red circle I'm actually already dead on the other players screens.

But ZOS is always finding new ways for the community to become more toxic and in a way to discriminate against "laggers"
    Enter the DPS Dummy...
    Before Morrowind I've done 30k+ DPS most of the time, however after morrowind and all the lag that came with it I can barely get 18k DPS (ave 16k DPS now), got 28K once at 4am when server was sleeping, trials don't run that time. So lag causes me to triple spam a skill because the bar swap did not happen all 3 times it was pressed, this messes up the rotation badly. The guilds have all adapted a 28k to 34k DPS motto and shuns anyone not achieving that. All my knowledge get ignored, experience don't mean ***, nope, no 34k dam no vet trial, learn to rotate, learn to dps they say. PVE TRIAL GROUPS HAVE ALL BECOME TOXIC... The bull I have to listen to astounds me, new player knows nothing about the trials but because the server is so close to him he easily do 35k dps, he get to go where I get shunned for not High enough DPS, WOW really, apparently he did die a lot but that's their problem.

For the first time since PS4 launch I've considered quitting eso for good as I can no longer do the one thing I love, VET TRIALS.
    Was about to cancel SUB but then heard of the midyear mayhem and though to myself, well I'm sure none there would mind I've I lag, hell I heard everyone lags there in Cyrodiil.
    Thinking OK then, I'll give it one more month before I finally conclude ESO is only for NA and EU and NOT for rest of world any more. Did harvesting and weapon farming until event started.

So got my tank in training and ventured forth into Cyrodiil, quickly got the hang of it but lack gear (1 piece only from 12 man trial) and don't want to farm while event is on. Decided to get my sorc, boy o boy what fun I'm having... All those years (2) of collecting gear and struggling with storage space (bank now at 480 with 12 characters at 200 and 2 at 100 = 3080 and only 300 open spaces between them) Over time I've stored divines, infused and impen traits on gear and infused, sharpened and precise on weapons. What a test fest this is.
    I now only need the battle ground win to get the mayhem title, all the Cyrodill ones is done.

My PVP sorc (stamag sorc?) currently goes by the kickname, "Conjurer of the poised lightning" for my lightning itself is poisoned. If it procs and you're hit, well look for a re spawn site because you are already dead.

I'm now First Sergent, all alliance skills maxed out. Gear: 5x heavy all impen assassins guile with (2x med sheer venom and with 3 sheer venom jewelry) Weapons (staffs) free to swap as needed.

^^ turns my "mages wrath" skill into lightning bomb with 9800 dam over 6sec poison ontop of the normal skill, but this is just the 1/2 of it. My main bar weapon poison is plain and simple. (increases the enemy's magicka cost by 30% for 6.5 sec, increases enemy's stamina cost by 30% for 6,5sec) plus assassins guile adds 4 sec thus total of 10,5sec. There was a reason not every one used molag kena, the 30% (now 20%) is a heavy price to pay, well my weapon is worse, its is both magica and stamina. In an all out battle, you're dead if I hit you. The poison lightning from wrath eats at your heal, compelled to heal under 30% increased cost, while trying to block, both resource bars empty in 5 sec, thus leaving you vulnerable for 5 more sec. Have not seen one survive such an horrific poison attack, well in groups at least. (PS the sets increase in weapon damage, not spell, makes it actually worth slotting caltrops, was always about 600 dam/sec, now its at 1100/s for mainly a mag sorc, almost double, nice)

Long story short: TOXIC PVE DROVE ME TO PVP AND I FIND IT QUITE PLEASANT, WAY LESS TOXIC THAN PVE TRIALS AND NOBODY CARES THEN YOU ATTACK THE AIR BECAUSE OF LAG... THANK YOU PVP'ers, YOU SAVED ME FROM QUITTING ESO FOR GOOD.

• TazESO
    TazESO
    ✭✭✭
    All the above
    I used to PVP a lot, many of my toons have one title or another, but over the past year been trying out new builds, farming equipment, etc in PVE. Went back in Cyr on my main (Breton Healer) for the event, and it felt like coming home. We had a freaking blast last night in my Guild group, faction wasn't winning but we stole our scroll right out from under an emp EP group (still LMAO), multiple epic battles, great camaraderie, FUN!