Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Wrath of the Whitestrake - This needs fixing.

• Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simply just farm the achievement's kills with a friend/guildie on an opposing faction in Cyrodiil Towns.
    Kill. Respawn. Kill. Respawn. Kill. Respawn. The cycle goes on.
    I've seen many people do this.
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,900.
  • j3crow
    j3crow
    ✭✭✭
    The achievement is broken. I've had plenty of my kills not count, even when they were death blows. It was a poor way to put together an achievement. The kills should have counted the same way the player kills count in bounties (kill 20 X class/players) in Cyr
    Edited by j3crow on July 26, 2017 7:09PM
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe equip a few damaging skills or use destro ulti?

You're missing the point entirely. I'm a healer. I shouldn't be trying to kill steal by spamming an execute, I should be trying to keep my party alive.

This achievement doesn't reward good team play, it rewards people for being selfish and makes them fight for kills and tunnel on low health enemies instead of playing objectives, and playing their roles properly. Thus, I argue that it's incredibly poorly designed and needs to be fixed.

Also, no way in HELL am I going back to the BG's anytime soon. I won one match after being curbstomped in four of them, only because I zipped around with bolt escape to fast cap flags. I didn't fight, I just outran the enemy. The rest of the time my team was severely outmatched, we're talking recruits against premades of grand warlords. There was no attempt to match groups by skill level there.

Um most healers I run with have dps abilities when in Cyrodiil. Honestly if you can't defend yourself then being a dead healer isn't helping the group much.
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB healer for AP farming here. First, no one is forcing you to do anything. I normally play DPS but I wanted easy AP this event so I'm healing, I'll be switching up later this weekend. If you want something you should have to change your playstyle. Why should you not have to get bitten to turn into a vamp or WW just because you want the dye? Live with the fact you have to actually play the game to get things done in the game.

Also, DPS is the easiest role to do that everyone can do. Be glad you are spec'ed so you can also heal.

Also, I haven't done bombing yet, but in the groups i've been in we've just been layering healing springs, drop replenshing barrier and laughing at bombers. It's so easily counterable I'm surprised people are crying about it. I mean I get everyone likes to DPS, but there is a price to be had for having no healing in your group.
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • ploddab16_ESO
    ploddab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    There are a crazy amount of achievements in the game that don't fit your style. Can we have a tantrum thread for all those too?

The thing is, these achievements aren't tied to a limited time event. I've already said that I'm fine with achievements that reward you for getting x number of kills over your character's lifetime, but making a limited time meta achievement reliant on you literally fighting other players of your faction for killing blows is not a good design choice.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    There are a crazy amount of achievements in the game that don't fit your style. Can we have a tantrum thread for all those too?

The thing is, these achievements aren't tied to a limited time event. I've already said that I'm fine with achievements that reward you for getting x number of kills over your character's lifetime, but making a limited time meta achievement reliant on you literally fighting other players of your faction for killing blows is not a good design choice.

PVP is literally about fighting other players for your faction. This is not hard. Slot RD or MW or use siege and go to work. It'll only take a couple hours and then you can go back to being a healbot.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shardaxx wrote: »
    I know healers who are struggling with this too and I have to say, its unfair to non-dd players to require these killing blows for the achievement.

Bs, it's not frigging hard, especially if you find a couple of big battles. I was absolutely thinking I wasn't going to get these, I don't pvp, it took 2 days. 2 friggen days. I have found a group of pvpers that took me in basically and tought me a few things. If you don't want to dps, gets eigenvalues weapons and fire into big crowds, it's not as hard as I thought it would be. Just as a lot of pvpers aren't the big scary monsters most pvers make them out to be.
  • ploddab16_ESO
    ploddab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ...Again, people are missing the point. It's a poor design choice to make it so that the achievement requires you to get killing blows rather than kills. It's not about having to do DPS, it's about having to compete with other players who will cluster around single players and all spam their executes, it makes it a far more frustrating experience than it should be to just get fifty kills.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...Again, people are missing the point. It's a poor design choice to make it so that the achievement requires you to get killing blows rather than kills. It's not about having to do DPS, it's about having to compete with other players who will cluster around single players and all spam their executes, it makes it a far more frustrating experience than it should be to just get fifty kills.

I'm not missing the point. Most of us just don't see it as an issue. Especially not a big enough issue to call for someone to be fired for it.

It is a PVP event. PVP=killing other players. It's not a heal other players while they take care of the work for you event. You only see it as bad design because you are either unwilling or incapable of doing what is required for the achievement.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I actually agree there's an issue, but it's less of achievement one and more of whole "killing blow" thing. I think it's not fair that you get a kill if someone else did 95% of the damage and then you just happen to finish the victim off with a random light attack. I think whoever did the majority of the damage should be getting "kill" count. This'd also solve the execute spam for points thing. However, it'd actually make it heaps harder for a healer like you to get achievements like this (the other place where it matters is BGs) because doing majority of the dmg actually requires actively dpsing rather than just occasionally using an execute ;)

I really don't think group kills should count, imo group credit needs a nerf because you do NOT deserve the credit if you're 50+ m away from the action, possibly afk, while your group kills someone. I don't think it should even work for quests tbh.

Edit: just a thought but perhaps that's why they made "kills" only take into account killing blows? So healers and tanks would have a chance at that too? Because "fixing" this would actually put support oriented builds at a very huge disadvantage as opposed to the current system.
    Edited by Magdalina on July 29, 2017 10:25PM
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Simply just farm the achievement's kills with a friend/guildie on an opposing faction in Cyrodiil Towns.

You need the death blow for it to count. This favors people with plenty of dot stacking.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No one is missing the point. PVP is a vastly different beast than PVE, and if you want to PVP then you need to be prepared to change your build. No ifs, ands or buts to it. It would be no different if someone wanted to be in trials. You have have to change your build to be able to do the activity that you're wanting to accomplish.

If you are a healer, then you should have absolutely no problem with being able to swap to a dps bar to get some kills in. It's only your own laziness and unwillingness preventing you from being able to get this achievement. You'd be surprised at how often it isn't your skills but your regular light attacks that get the kill in.

I'm not a PVPer. I'm mainly a PVEr. I took my Templar in and has no issues what so ever. I asked my PVP leaders what they needed and got some advice and it only took me a few days to get the 50 kills in, which would have been much sooner had I not had to also learn how to use a game pad after using a controller for so long. That alone is a huge learning curve.

So, I'm sorry to say, but you are just whining for nothing because you just don't want to put a little bit of effort in to be able to achieve what you want to to get the kills. PVE has had enough of these events that it is only fair for PVP to get one of their own, there is no poor design choice what so ever. You want to do the event, then suck it up, and make the changes needed to your build to be successful at it.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • dbrand001
    dbrand001
    ✭✭✭
    There is more to healing in BG's and pvp than just spamming healing springs and purge. I am a dedicated healer did 5 bgs the other day and managed to get 8 out of the 50. So if I can do it anyone can. You want to truly help your team do more than just standing around spamming heals.
  • Ballzy321
    Ballzy321
    ✭✭✭
    slot dps gear in no cp campaign it's only 50 kills. The way people are zerging it's not that hard
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to give you the same advice one of my guildies gave me:

--Go to the non-CP campaign
    --Run lots of siege

Siege is something everyone should be running, whether you heal or not. Being in the non-CP campaign means they hit harder and are more likely to rack up kills.

it's absolutely impossible to access the non-CP campaign so as much as this sound like a good idea, in fact, this is not a viable option :)
    Edited by NeKryXe on July 29, 2017 7:41PM
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    what about dps and these 3 achievement that require to heal allies of 500K life in each bg mode ?? it's very hard to do as a dps ...
    Edited by Apherius on July 29, 2017 7:52PM
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom [snip]

The last, the LAST achievement I need, after running BG after BG facing premades and uneven teams (seriously, vet against grand warlord or w/e it is and THIS is the thing that gets me.

I'M A GODDAMNED HEALER FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, MY JOB IS TO KEEP PEOPLE ALIVE IN THE RAID GROUP, NOT TO KILL ENEMIES. WHY IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS HOLY ARE YOU FORCING ME INTO A DPS ROLE TO CONSTANTLY SPAM A SINGLE SKILL TO PRAY, YES, *PRAY* AT GETTING KILLING BLOWS?! WHO DESIGNED THIS?! WHO IN THEIR RIGHT GOD DAMNED MIND THOUGHT IT WOULD BE ACCEPTABLE IN THE CURRENT META OF UNKILLABLE PLAYERS WHO STACK DAMAGE SHIELDS AND USE PROC SETS THAT MAKE THEM DAMNED INVULNERABLE TO ANYTHING OTHER THAN A RAID GROUP FOCUSING ON THEIR ARSES!?

I've suffered through the blatantly broken skills, I suffered through the days of invulnerable vampires, the werewolf spam, the Malubeth plague, hell, even the plague of Bombblades that are plagueing us right now (and yes, I do think that they should be nerfed into the ground, the people defending them are the perpetrators who want to keep their easy AP farm going), not to mention the plague that is cross-faction collusion for scrolls and keeps and Emperorship.

But this. THIS. This is the straw that breaks the camels back, the one last blatant slap in the face to PVP players that's made me finally lose my rag. To REQUIRE a healer of all things to have to get FIFTY killing blows when they don't want to do your horrible battlegrounds or the Imperial City (and seriously, MAKE THAT MAP A SEPERATE THING, I'M TIRED OF SEEING OUR FORCES GO TO CYRODIIL THEN BUGGER OFF INTO THE SEWERS)... I just question what kind of developer thinks that in the current state of thing's that's fun.

PVP in this game is a group effort. Make this achievement so. Make it so that it counts GROUP kills. Not killing blows. That'll make a lot of us healers very, VERY happy people.\

[Edited for bashing]
    @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom [snip]

The last, the LAST achievement I need, after running BG after BG facing premades and uneven teams (seriously, vet against grand warlord or w/e it is and THIS is the thing that gets me.

I'M A GODDAMNED HEALER FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, MY JOB IS TO KEEP PEOPLE ALIVE IN THE RAID GROUP, NOT TO KILL ENEMIES. WHY IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS HOLY ARE YOU FORCING ME INTO A DPS ROLE TO CONSTANTLY SPAM A SINGLE SKILL TO PRAY, YES, *PRAY* AT GETTING KILLING BLOWS?! WHO DESIGNED THIS?! WHO IN THEIR RIGHT GOD DAMNED MIND THOUGHT IT WOULD BE ACCEPTABLE IN THE CURRENT META OF UNKILLABLE PLAYERS WHO STACK DAMAGE SHIELDS AND USE PROC SETS THAT MAKE THEM DAMNED INVULNERABLE TO ANYTHING OTHER THAN A RAID GROUP FOCUSING ON THEIR ARSES!?

I've suffered through the blatantly broken skills, I suffered through the days of invulnerable vampires, the werewolf spam, the Malubeth plague, hell, even the plague of Bombblades that are plagueing us right now (and yes, I do think that they should be nerfed into the ground, the people defending them are the perpetrators who want to keep their easy AP farm going), not to mention the plague that is cross-faction collusion for scrolls and keeps and Emperorship.

But this. THIS. This is the straw that breaks the camels back, the one last blatant slap in the face to PVP players that's made me finally lose my rag. To REQUIRE a healer of all things to have to get FIFTY killing blows when they don't want to do your horrible battlegrounds or the Imperial City (and seriously, MAKE THAT MAP A SEPERATE THING, I'M TIRED OF SEEING OUR FORCES GO TO CYRODIIL THEN BUGGER OFF INTO THE SEWERS)... I just question what kind of developer thinks that in the current state of thing's that's fun.

PVP in this game is a group effort. Make this achievement so. Make it so that it counts GROUP kills. Not killing blows. That'll make a lot of us healers very, VERY happy people.\

[Edited for bashing]

I did it as a healer.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

and this is exactly part of the reason why this achievement is a bad idea. it doesn't encourage teamwork. it doesn't encourage people to properly participate. it encourages very VERY bad habits and gameplay when it comes to objective based game modes.

they could have done assists. they could have done "deal this much damage, or that much healing" they had so many options besides killing blows.

and before anyone says anything, I got this achievement (FINALLY) today. and yes, I had to engage in VERY bad behavior to get it.

P.S. using the "go for sieges!" advice did exactly diddly squat to get me this achievement. I got exactly zero kills from using a ballista AND a trebuchet. 36 of my kills came from battlegrounds. the rest came from trying to get that hit in on a wounded player during sieges (with regular attacks, siege equipment is FAR too slow) instead of being a team player.
    Edited by Linaleah on July 29, 2017 9:58PM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple solution.
    1. Go get a friend to make an lowbie alt on a different alliance.
    2. Join the same Cyrodil campaign but not as a group.
    3. Find eachother
    4. Kill eachother repeatedly until achievement is earned.
    5. Profit.

Took me about an hour or so to "murder" my friend 50 times.
    Problem solved.

You gotta think creatively. If Z0$ wants to force us to PVP in order to grab their exclusive housing furniture items, then we'll just stick it back to them in a perhaps unexpected but creative way.
    Never work/pay for what you can get for free.
    Edited by OmniDo on July 29, 2017 10:15PM
  • ploddab16_ESO
    ploddab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

and this is exactly part of the reason why this achievement is a bad idea. it doesn't encourage teamwork. it doesn't encourage people to properly participate. it encourages very VERY bad habits and gameplay when it comes to objective based game modes.

they could have done assists. they could have done "deal this much damage, or that much healing" they had so many options besides killing blows.

and before anyone says anything, I got this achievement (FINALLY) today. and yes, I had to engage in VERY bad behavior to get it.

P.S. using the "go for sieges!" advice did exactly diddly squat to get me this achievement. I got exactly zero kills from using a ballista AND a trebuchet. 36 of my kills came from battlegrounds. the rest came from trying to get that hit in on a wounded player during sieges (with regular attacks, siege equipment is FAR too slow) instead of being a team player.

Just wanted to say thank you. This was exactly the point I was trying to make that people kept brushing over. Having a kill achievement measured in killing blows in a game mode that revolves around working to take objectives as a team is a seriously bad design choice that encourages awful habits. I finally got the achievement and the entire meta done a few days ago, but I still felt awful at having to compete against my own team mates by stealing kills with mage's wrath when they were at low health, and that instead of pushing objectives I was chasing after enemy players to try and score another kill while the rest of my party was pushing the gate without their healer to support them.

I also have a feeling that people trying to do this achievement has lead to a big increase in the number of hackers and farmers we've been seeing in PVP over the last two weeks. Here's hoping they vanish with the event as well!
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 kills in 10 days is not hard man thats 5 kills a day.

I have never done a full bg without getting atleast 2-3 kills. Just run bg non stop and use attack abilities and you should be fine
  • flanmi
    flanmi
    ✭✭✭
    This achievement is a joke, I do 95% of the damage, someone else gives the last blow and it don't counts.
  • Calmyron
    Calmyron
    I don't understand this one. I have about 35 kills since this started, but this only shows 4 of 50. How are you supposed to get kills if it doesn't count the same as a PvP kill that the Dailies consider a kill?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe equip a few damaging skills or use destro ulti?

Exactly. Have never gone into PvP healing without having some damage skills.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you play BGs and can’t do damage to pressure enemies, you’re a liability to the team
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    clyptic wrote: »
    No offense, but your level of dissatisfaction is grossly disproportionate to how simple it would be to respec your build for a mere few hours. You could have had this achievement completed already and been back in your merry ways of healing. I shall not respect this rant.

It doesnt even require respeccing. Simply reading the battle and joining in when others jump on the enemy you could easily get the last shot in before they die. Getting into the thick of it and doing it often and not hanging back in the pitch of battle will net you a ton of kills.

I took an underperforming build into Cyrodiil for 3 days and had the title and major adornment by the end. Using meatbags on chokepoints, clusters of enemy players outside the walls or just getting off the wall and joining the fight on the ground gave me my kills. I wasnt even planning on having the 50 kills in such a short period of time. Was convinced it would take a large part of the event. But simply staying active and following the larger battles gave me all I needed.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax