Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

I dont need your help !!!

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how many brain cells had to die in agony after all the people had to read the whole thread...If you like to do stuff all on your own then maybe a multiplayer game shouldn't be your first choice.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Stormshaper
    Stormshaper
    ✭✭✭
    Ardaghion wrote: »
    L.O.R.D. we're talking about dial up modems now.

Must be a youngin', I started out with a 300 baud modem and a Commodore SuperPet with a green screen! Nothing like using the terminal application to connect to a BBS with a Tymnet connection.

A few of the wise old phreaks would tell us about those days. Usually while going on about how easy we had it, saying things like 'yeah anyone can get on the line now thanks to programs like Wildcat! just handing it you so you don't even have to work for it':P

EDIT: my tired brain thought you were saying *you* were a youngin...not me! Apparently no one caught my older than dirt reference to L.O.R.D. Legend of the Red Dragon, an immensely popular door game on all the 'cool' BBSs ;-)
    Edited by Stormshaper on July 20, 2017 11:35PM
  • GreyWolf_79
    GreyWolf_79
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ardaghion wrote: »
    L.O.R.D. we're talking about dial up modems now.

Must be a youngin', I started out with a 300 baud modem and a Commodore SuperPet with a green screen! Nothing like using the terminal application to connect to a BBS with a Tymnet connection.

A few of the wise old phreaks would tell us about those days. Usually while going on about how easy we had it, saying things like 'yeah anyone can get on the line now thanks to programs like Wildcat! just handing it you so you don't even have to work for it':P

You young kids with your free AOL minutes. Back in my day we didn't get free minutes, we had to pay by the second!
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A moment of silence for OP's second weapon bar...poor little fella
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stopnaggin wrote: »
    markdeloma wrote: »
    When everyone played in Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim, many thought it would be great to take a walk in such places with a friend or friends. Nothing more! Nobody ever wanted to go into the basement of the manor during the quest and discover there are 50 more players doing this quest. Just need to keep the balance. The player must be able to play the game normally. Because he bought it not for everyone but for himself - in the first place. He should be able to travel alone and with friends. And at the same time that no one would interfere with it. And at the same time he will continue to feel that he is in a big world with a lot of other players. Because there will be group dungeons and raids, there will be a world pvp, there will be world bosses in open spaces. We need a balance. And the balance is not yet very good.

No. Not one person could possibly expect that an MMO should have the entire game instanced for them. That's what single player games are for. I'm not waiting to kill a mob because one person is letting his bear do all the work. If the OP wants instance dungeons he can go do them. As hinted by the title of "public dungeons", there should not be an expectation of a solo instance.

Try these OP:
    1. Arx Corinium
    2. Banished Cells I
    3. Banished Cells II
    4. Elden Hollow I
    5. Elder Hollow II
    6. City of Ash I
    7. City of Ash II
    8. Tempest Island
    9. Selene''s Web
    10. Spindleclutch I
    11. Spindleclutch II
    12. Wayrest Sewers I
    13. Wayrest Sewers II
    14. Crypt of Hearts I
    15. Crypt of Hearts II
    16. Volenfell
    17. Blackheart Haven
    18. Blessed Crucible
    19. Direfrost Keep
    20. Fungal Grotto I
    21. Fungal Grotto II
    22. Darkshade Caverns I
    23. Darkshade Caverns II
    24. Vaults of Madness
    25. Imperial City Prison
    26. White-Gold Tower
    27. Cradle of Shadows
    28. Ruins of Mazzatun

Those 28 will allow you to play solo. Otherwise play Skyrim, Dragon age, or any other single player game. You will not find your own little world in ESO. Personally I think you speak of manners, but what about trying to make everyone else wait for you or your bear kill off things so we can move on? Sorry but I've done all those dungeons and if I'm farming for gear, I'm not going to wait.

While I almost entirely agree with you, I do have to point out that the original Guild Wars had entirely soloable instanced zones. Along with NPCs you could "hire" or recruit (and even customize) to complete said zones in cases where you did need help.

That game was awesome, but it was far from the norm.

OK again, this isn't any other game. It is what it is. The game has faults and limitations, but also a very vibrant open world. My point was the way they designed the game was to encourage people to play together. There is no kill stealing and such here as everyone get at the very least xp. What I can't understand about the ops original complaint was what he expected. If he wants to solo things the above is the only sure way to do so. If they instanced everything it wouldn't be what it is now. 1T definitely opened up the game, and I take the good with the bad. I just don't see that this game really fit his/her playstyle.

I know, which is why I said I agree with your points. You should read my previous post above your own. ESO is fine. It works as an MMO, but it also works as a single player game in that you don't get penalized when other players "help" you. I was simply pointing out one example of an MMO that actually did have single player instanced zones. That game was the exception, definitely not the norm. I'm not even suggesting that ESO should have that feature - there are already instanced dungeons for that. I was actually supporting your position, just pointing out that not every single MMO fits that description. I agree with you, maybe the OP should look for a different game, one that is less "open world", rather than attempting to completely overhaul this one.

I got ya, I was rambling. Hot at work, kinda pissy, lol. I never played Guild wars. Have played several other mmos and like everything else, I just go by what it is. I do know that ESO pushes for interaction more than any other one I've played, which is why I suggested the op play something else. It's all good.

The original Guild Wars was an amazing game, I'm sorry you never got to play it. GW2 is a different animal altogether... you either like it or hate it. I admit, my experience with MMOs is somewhat limited. I never played WoW, I never played SWTOG, never played Everquest, never played LOTRO, never played that superhero one (forget the name)... I have played TERA, an eastern-themed MMO... and I've played a plethora of single player RPGs, including most of the TES and Fallout series, Bioshock, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, etc., going back as far as Baldur's Gate, Champions of Norrath, and even further back to Advanced Dungeons & Dragons on the Intellivision console (I'm pretty sure nobody here has ever even heard of it). I like RPGs. Not really a fan of MMOs, because I play games for fun, and teaming up with random strangers on the internet is rarely fun. Guild Wars 1 was great in that you could play it as an MMO, but you could also conceivably play it as a single player game if you wanted to. TES has amazing lore, and I love their single player games. ESO actually does a fairly decent job of incorporating the single player experience while also offering a multiplayer aspect (no comment on PvP or grouping tool or lag or other issues that most people say are broken).

While it doesn't actually offer single player instances like GW1 did, ESO can effectively be played as a single player game, with a few exceptions (veteran dungeons and such). There is no reason for the OP to be complaining, because you still get your loot and XP even when somebody else kills your mobs. There are other MMOs out there that don't give you that luxury - you literally have to fight for your stuff. And the whole PvP notion - you are not required to PvP in ESO, it is completely optional. Again, some games don't offer that luxury. In ESO, you can level up without having to worry about some high level player coming to gank you or KS your quest boss. So maybe a CP 500 came and killed the delve boss that you were supposed to kill, and you got credit for it even though you didn't do anything. Wah. If you really want to kill him yourself, just wait for him to respawn and kill him yourself. Problem solved, right? I don't really understand what the issue is. If OP is arguing that the game is "too easy" because too many players are zerging the content, maybe try playing at 4 a.m. and try to solo everything. I think it would be a mistake to buff all overland content with the expectation that dozens of players will always be zerging everything. That may make content more "challenging" during peak times, but it would also make regular content undoable for solo players during non-peak times, especially those who play in different time zones who also suffer from issues like high ping.

TL;DR version: ESO is not perfect, but there is no justifiable reason to dramatically alter normal overland content just to suit a small minority of players. If you want more challenging content, do more challenging content (trials, veteran dungeons, etc.). If you want to play solo, do instanced content (instanced quests, group dungeons that can be soloed, etc.). Hell, there is no reason why you can't solo regular overland content and public delves. If you don't like other people appearing on your screen and killing stuff that you want to kill by yourself, go play Skyrim.

Lol, I solo group dungeon's for gear. But yeah I get what you were saying.
  • GreyWolf_79
    GreyWolf_79
    ✭✭✭✭
    markdeloma wrote: »
    When everyone played in Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim, many thought it would be great to take a walk in such places with a friend or friends. Nothing more! Nobody ever wanted to go into the basement of the manor during the quest and discover there are 50 more players doing this quest. Just need to keep the balance. The player must be able to play the game normally. Because he bought it not for everyone but for himself - in the first place. He should be able to travel alone and with friends. And at the same time that no one would interfere with it. And at the same time he will continue to feel that he is in a big world with a lot of other players. Because there will be group dungeons and raids, there will be a world pvp, there will be world bosses in open spaces. We need a balance. And the balance is not yet very good.

No. Not one person could possibly expect that an MMO should have the entire game instanced for them. That's what single player games are for. I'm not waiting to kill a mob because one person is letting his bear do all the work. If the OP wants instance dungeons he can go do them. As hinted by the title of "public dungeons", there should not be an expectation of a solo instance.

Try these OP:
    1. Arx Corinium
    2. Banished Cells I
    3. Banished Cells II
    4. Elden Hollow I
    5. Elder Hollow II
    6. City of Ash I
    7. City of Ash II
    8. Tempest Island
    9. Selene''s Web
    10. Spindleclutch I
    11. Spindleclutch II
    12. Wayrest Sewers I
    13. Wayrest Sewers II
    14. Crypt of Hearts I
    15. Crypt of Hearts II
    16. Volenfell
    17. Blackheart Haven
    18. Blessed Crucible
    19. Direfrost Keep
    20. Fungal Grotto I
    21. Fungal Grotto II
    22. Darkshade Caverns I
    23. Darkshade Caverns II
    24. Vaults of Madness
    25. Imperial City Prison
    26. White-Gold Tower
    27. Cradle of Shadows
    28. Ruins of Mazzatun

Those 28 will allow you to play solo. Otherwise play Skyrim, Dragon age, or any other single player game. You will not find your own little world in ESO. Personally I think you speak of manners, but what about trying to make everyone else wait for you or your bear kill off things so we can move on? Sorry but I've done all those dungeons and if I'm farming for gear, I'm not going to wait.

While I almost entirely agree with you, I do have to point out that the original Guild Wars had entirely soloable instanced zones. Along with NPCs you could "hire" or recruit (and even customize) to complete said zones in cases where you did need help.

That game was awesome, but it was far from the norm.

OK again, this isn't any other game. It is what it is. The game has faults and limitations, but also a very vibrant open world. My point was the way they designed the game was to encourage people to play together. There is no kill stealing and such here as everyone get at the very least xp. What I can't understand about the ops original complaint was what he expected. If he wants to solo things the above is the only sure way to do so. If they instanced everything it wouldn't be what it is now. 1T definitely opened up the game, and I take the good with the bad. I just don't see that this game really fit his/her playstyle.

I know, which is why I said I agree with your points. You should read my previous post above your own. ESO is fine. It works as an MMO, but it also works as a single player game in that you don't get penalized when other players "help" you. I was simply pointing out one example of an MMO that actually did have single player instanced zones. That game was the exception, definitely not the norm. I'm not even suggesting that ESO should have that feature - there are already instanced dungeons for that. I was actually supporting your position, just pointing out that not every single MMO fits that description. I agree with you, maybe the OP should look for a different game, one that is less "open world", rather than attempting to completely overhaul this one.

I got ya, I was rambling. Hot at work, kinda pissy, lol. I never played Guild wars. Have played several other mmos and like everything else, I just go by what it is. I do know that ESO pushes for interaction more than any other one I've played, which is why I suggested the op play something else. It's all good.

The original Guild Wars was an amazing game, I'm sorry you never got to play it. GW2 is a different animal altogether... you either like it or hate it. I admit, my experience with MMOs is somewhat limited. I never played WoW, I never played SWTOG, never played Everquest, never played LOTRO, never played that superhero one (forget the name)... I have played TERA, an eastern-themed MMO... and I've played a plethora of single player RPGs, including most of the TES and Fallout series, Bioshock, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, etc., going back as far as Baldur's Gate, Champions of Norrath, and even further back to Advanced Dungeons & Dragons on the Intellivision console (I'm pretty sure nobody here has ever even heard of it). I like RPGs. Not really a fan of MMOs, because I play games for fun, and teaming up with random strangers on the internet is rarely fun. Guild Wars 1 was great in that you could play it as an MMO, but you could also conceivably play it as a single player game if you wanted to. TES has amazing lore, and I love their single player games. ESO actually does a fairly decent job of incorporating the single player experience while also offering a multiplayer aspect (no comment on PvP or grouping tool or lag or other issues that most people say are broken).

While it doesn't actually offer single player instances like GW1 did, ESO can effectively be played as a single player game, with a few exceptions (veteran dungeons and such). There is no reason for the OP to be complaining, because you still get your loot and XP even when somebody else kills your mobs. There are other MMOs out there that don't give you that luxury - you literally have to fight for your stuff. And the whole PvP notion - you are not required to PvP in ESO, it is completely optional. Again, some games don't offer that luxury. In ESO, you can level up without having to worry about some high level player coming to gank you or KS your quest boss. So maybe a CP 500 came and killed the delve boss that you were supposed to kill, and you got credit for it even though you didn't do anything. Wah. If you really want to kill him yourself, just wait for him to respawn and kill him yourself. Problem solved, right? I don't really understand what the issue is. If OP is arguing that the game is "too easy" because too many players are zerging the content, maybe try playing at 4 a.m. and try to solo everything. I think it would be a mistake to buff all overland content with the expectation that dozens of players will always be zerging everything. That may make content more "challenging" during peak times, but it would also make regular content undoable for solo players during non-peak times, especially those who play in different time zones who also suffer from issues like high ping.

TL;DR version: ESO is not perfect, but there is no justifiable reason to dramatically alter normal overland content just to suit a small minority of players. If you want more challenging content, do more challenging content (trials, veteran dungeons, etc.). If you want to play solo, do instanced content (instanced quests, group dungeons that can be soloed, etc.). Hell, there is no reason why you can't solo regular overland content and public delves. If you don't like other people appearing on your screen and killing stuff that you want to kill by yourself, go play Skyrim.

Lol, I solo group dungeon's for gear. But yeah I get what you were saying.

I solo group anything that I think I can complete on my own, because I don't want to deal with other people when I'm trying to play a game for my own entertainment. I don't need some 12 year old kid telling me that I suck because I didn't animation cancel at this time or because I'm not using X skill or because I'm not as good as him because I don't play 18 hours a day because I actually have a job or because my hardware or internet connection isn't as great as the one his rich mommy and daddy bought for him. I prefer to play solo because I don't like drama. If it takes me an hour to complete content that a good group could finish in 10 minutes, fine, I'm willing to sacrifice my free time for an overall less stressful experience. I'm not inherently antisocial, but many people you encounter in online games or online interactions in general serve as great examples of why a reasonable person might choose to avoid the whole "joys" of the "multiplayer experience". ESO is actually a pretty good MMO from a solo player perspective: it doesn't force you to PvP or play in groups of any kind, and there are very few ways for other players to "grief" a solo player. There is no KSing or PKing of any kind. Can another player steal your nodes, treasure chests, or BoW your pickpocket targets? Yep... you just have to learn to be quicker than them, or go to a different area. Can another player aggro mobs and drag them to you while you're AFK? Yep... you just have to learn to not AFK in locations where that can happen. ESO is not a single player game, yet there are very few actual barriers to prevent anyone from playing ESO as if it were a single player game.

So on that note, I don't understand what OP is complaining about.