Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

I dont need your help !!!

• Enemoriana
    Enemoriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want to kill enemy. Other player wants to kill enemy. Why do other player have to wait until you'll slowly kill boss and it respawns? Just because you want so? How do other player know you want fight solo? Read your mind?
    That's nothing about help.
    It's MMO. Enemies are not your own! They are for everybody, and it'll be stupid to make a queues where they should not be.
    You want your own enemies?
    Play when there are very few people.
    Do group dungeons solo.
    Play single player game.

I don't like MMO as a genre, but it's strange to complain that on MMO somebody else also is fighting.
    PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru.
    Houses: Erstwhile Sanctuary as actual Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary, Hunter's Glade as werewolf tavern (downstairs), Strident Springs Demesne as adventurer's house.
    Wishlist: atronach trader, attunable stations (have 14/80 sets collected), molten war torte and white gold war torte recipes.
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mague wrote: »
    Psylum wrote: »
    I wouldn't expect someone who is trying to zerg through some content they've done many times, to sit back a wait for you to slowly kill a boss. Then wait another 5 mins for it to respawn. They're not trying to help you. You just happen to be in the way.

No, its not about the nameds. Usually its me waiting. However, where is it written to drop all human manners at the login ? If it happens that i was first then they have to wait. But its about the trash in the corridors actually. Everyone just could move on and let me do my thing. But no, they one shot anything. If i want to level and learn sword and board i have to go into the wild and fight trolls.

I am playing onlien since 14.400 modems. I know a better online world with better people and so i wont live with it.

If that's how you're leveling sword and board, you're doing it wrong.
  • Hetaira
    Hetaira
    ✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    You're just going to have to deal with it. As soon as you accept its going to continue happening you have less stress about something you're never going to stop or control.

I can stop it anytime :) I ll scout PC/US. If its the same there i am out.

Don't bother. This post doesn't even make sense.

I normally hate when folks call someone a 'special snowflake' - but I will totally make an exception for the OP.
    Edited by Hetaira on July 20, 2017 7:21AM
  • Argah
    Argah
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP if you need help send an invite my way.
  • tommalmm
    tommalmm
    ✭✭✭
    You know, there are solo instances (main quest). You can keep killing the bosses as slow as possible and die as many times as you want. You can also enter group dungeons and group delves (craglorn) to solo them. You can't expect every other player in the game to wait patiently few minutes for you to kill the boss then another few for it to respawn. It's just not the way MMOs work. Sorry.

Most players don't give a damn whether you need help or not. People just want to get the quest done and move over to the next. Simple as that. Imagine what would happen if everyone respected that? Queues everywhere, killing a storyline or delve boss would require hours of waiting. No thank you.
  • markdeloma
    markdeloma
    ✭✭✭
    tommalmm wrote: »
    You know, there are solo instances (main quest). You can keep killing the bosses as slow as possible and die as many times as you want. You can also enter group dungeons and group delves (craglorn) to solo them. You can't expect every other player in the game to wait patiently few minutes for you to kill the boss then another few for it to respawn. It's just not the way MMOs work. Sorry.

Most players don't give a damn whether you need help or not. People just want to get the quest done and move over to the next. Simple as that. Imagine what would happen if everyone respected that? Queues everywhere, killing a storyline or delve boss would require hours of waiting. No thank you.

This is exactly the problem of MMO games. Most players do not care about even the content of tasks and mini plots in the game. Most often, the current player is simply seeing the quest without even reading the content to do so "click-click-click" through all the dialogs, then rushes headlong through the entire location, killing everything in its path. In his head, one thought "faster to get the maximum level!". Then they post the videos on YouTube "to reach the maximum level in a couple of weeks!". And a little later they googling "how to play a Templar" or "best build for Templar to survive." There are a lot of such players. And personally I think they spoil MMO games. And it's need to change the game so that it does not happen.
    Head of Emerald Turtle
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the Champion Point system. We scale. Mobs don't.

Oh, other players aren't "helping" you. They want XP and loot.
  • markdeloma
    markdeloma
    ✭✭✭
    When everyone played in Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim, many thought it would be great to take a walk in such places with a friend or friends. Nothing more! Nobody ever wanted to go into the basement of the manor during the quest and discover there are 50 more players doing this quest. Just need to keep the balance. The player must be able to play the game normally. Because he bought it not for everyone but for himself - in the first place. He should be able to travel alone and with friends. And at the same time that no one would interfere with it. And at the same time he will continue to feel that he is in a big world with a lot of other players. Because there will be group dungeons and raids, there will be a world pvp, there will be world bosses in open spaces. We need a balance. And the balance is not yet very good.
    Head of Emerald Turtle
  • Ulo
    Ulo
    ✭✭✭✭
    You say it's a question of manners. Yesterday I was farming nodes in Craglorn and saw a low CP Dragon Knight about to be killed by a group of mobs. So I rushed over taunted the mobs and saved the guys life. I don't see why this kind of behaviour is a problem and ESO handles multiple players killing the same mobs a lot better then any other mmo I have played. The loot and xp is instanced so everyone gets a share so I really don't see any reason not to do this. I'm sorry if you dont like it but Tamriel is a huge place, there's more then enough to go around and even if you don't need help there's are lots of players out there who do appreciate it.
  • markdeloma
    markdeloma
    ✭✭✭
    Ulo wrote: »
    You say it's a question of manners. Yesterday I was farming nodes in Craglorn and saw a low CP Dragon Knight about to be killed by a group of mobs. So I rushed over taunted the mobs and saved the guys life. I don't see why this kind of behaviour is a problem and ESO handles multiple players killing the same mobs a lot better then any other mmo I have played. The loot and xp is instanced so everyone gets a share so I really don't see any reason not to do this. I'm sorry if you dont like it but Tamriel is a huge place, there's more then enough to go around and even if you don't need help there's are lots of players out there who do appreciate it.

Maybe this knight wanted to fight with such a large group of mobs. Maybe he wanted these difficulties. He needed this challenge. Because he already could kill all the mobs around alone, and he was otherwise bored. Are you sure he was appreciate for your intervention?
    Head of Emerald Turtle
  • Psylum
    Psylum
    ✭✭✭

I am playing onlien since 14.400 modems. I know a better online world with better people and so i wont live with it.

Ya I remember having to dial in people's phone numbers for BBSing. Back when the internet was only for geeks, free of advertisements and trolls where things that lived under bridges. Oh the good old days.
  • Damican1982
    Damican1982
    ✭✭
    If you're killing the boss I need for the quest, I will kill it too. There is no kill stealing in ESO, so not like you'll miss out on loot or exp. You want to spend 20 minutes killing a boss, that's great, but I will not stand and wait while you do.
  • Ulo
    Ulo
    ✭✭✭✭
    markdeloma wrote: »

Maybe this knight wanted to fight with such a large group of mobs. Maybe he wanted these difficulties. He needed this challenge. Because he already could kill all the mobs around alone, and he was otherwise bored. Are you sure he was appreciate for your intervention?
    Oh yeah, he said "Cheers XD" afterwards so I know I did the right thing.
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Amen
  • Astrid
    Astrid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You two have to be joking. What is this fairyland solo crap on my screen? Youre playing an MMO which encourages if not forces you in some instances to group up. Want that armour set? Sure you can solo dungeons (forget trial gear, no chance) but unless your max/high CP and can melt mobs like butter and can take a oneshot from a boss youre screwed. You're not even using weapons? Youre literally watching your ultimate slowly whittle down enemies by itself? Youre wasting time and money mate. I'd rather watch paint dry.
    Edited by Astrid on July 20, 2017 9:46AM
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you're killing the boss I need for the quest, I will kill it too. There is no kill stealing in ESO, so not like you'll miss out on loot or exp. You want to spend 20 minutes killing a boss, that's great, but I will not stand and wait while you do.

Agree. I think it is pretty selfish to kill a boss by yourself (or pet) taking 20 mins. You don't need help? Good. But I will help killing anyway if I have a quest or need loot from that same boss.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid wrote: »
    You two have to be joking. What is this fairyland solo crap on my screen? Youre playing an MMO which encourages if not forces you in some instances to group up. Want that armour set? Sure you can solo dungeons (forget trial gear, no chance) but unless your max/high CP and can melt mobs like butter and can take a oneshot from a boss youre screwed. You're not even using weapons? Youre literally watching your ultimate slowly whittle down enemies by itself? Youre wasting time and money mate. I'd rather watch paint dry.

Damn, i just try to quest not grinding armor solo. I have 5 plaquedoctor, 5 Law of Julianos, 5 Stendarr and 5 Ysgramor and i am happy with it.

I am at the beginning of Cadwells gold. I do have weapons, but it bores the *beep* out of my scull when they die so fast while questing. If i meet two people at a world boss pondering if they want to try or not i ll get my healingstaff out for rock'n roll. But questing i dont need one-shotting hotshots and i ahev fun fighting them barehanded. Its so easy, you only need two skills like vines and arctivc blast. Or /lute and bear :)
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Damn, i just try to quest not grinding armor solo. I have 5 plaquedoctor, 5 Law of Julianos, 5 Stendarr and 5 Ysgramor and i am happy with it.

I am at the beginning of Cadwells gold. I do have weapons, but it bores the *beep* out of my scull when they die so fast while questing. If i meet two people at a world boss pondering if they want to try or not i ll get my healingstaff out for rock'n roll. But questing i dont need one-shotting hotshots and i ahev fun fighting them barehanded. Its so easy, you only need two skills like vines and arctivc blast. Or /lute and bear :)

Sadly most content (overland) is to easy. I play my warden, but did not distribute any CP point on him. This really helps crank up the difficulty. Also I do not wear crafted or set armor but just some blue's and greens.

Of course this is some player bandaid fix to keep the content interesting. I really love the scaling and go everywhere whenever you please. But I think they should upscale difficulty in general. Doshia needs to be a mean *** again. And fighter+mage guild should be groupable.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'll hold off for 10 mins until your bear kills everything. Believe it or not and by the very same token, the game isn't all about you. I've got better things to do with my time than pander to some precious little soul. I don't intentionally kill mobs etc that I don't need to if someone else is needing them, but if they're in my way or I'm needing to kill them too, then, well, I have has much right as you. But thanks anyway for attempting to dictate what i can and can't do.
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes, the fights are too easy, few will disagree with you on that. But that does not give you the right to claim mobs for yourself or declare how others should play. You do not have the right to waste other ppl's time and tell them to wait in line.
    If you want to challenge yourself go solo group dungeons and delves. That's what I do. If you want to do general questing you have to accept the double M's in the genre's name.
  • TazESO
    TazESO
    ✭✭✭

This. I look at the player level and if they are low level / health going down to critical I'll toss a heal, etc. otherwise I usually leave them alone
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TazESO wrote: »

This. I look at the player level and if they are low level / health going down to critical I'll toss a heal, etc. otherwise I usually leave them alone

I leave them alone unless they specifically ask for help. As witnessed in this very thread, you're damned if you do, damned if you don't. I tend to err on the side of caution. I've had abuse for not helping and again as this very thread proves you get frowned upon for helping too. So I just leave them to it. If someone helps me, it's their choice as i don't mind either way. I simply won't just stand back and waste 15 mins of my life watching some weak ass bear killing mobs (and for the re spawn) if I'm needing to kill that mob too. If people have an issue with that, there is always Skyrim to be getting on with. It's all about sharing those kills if need be, yet some people seem to be incapable of seeing that.

Edited by Prof_Bawbag on July 20, 2017 10:51AM
  • tommalmm
    tommalmm
    ✭✭✭
    This is exactly the problem of MMO games. Most players do not care about even the content of tasks and mini plots in the game. Most often, the current player is simply seeing the quest without even reading the content to do so "click-click-click" through all the dialogs, then rushes headlong through the entire location, killing everything in its path. In his head, one thought "faster to get the maximum level!". Then they post the videos on YouTube "to reach the maximum level in a couple of weeks!". And a little later they googling "how to play a Templar" or "best build for Templar to survive." There are a lot of such players. And personally I think they spoil MMO games. And it's need to change the game so that it does not happen.

It's not like that. Not in my case at least. I've done all the quests, Cadwell's Silver and Gold, carefully reading and listening to dialogs. Mostly solo, with occasional help of other players in case of content I was struggling with (I started in AD as khajiit nightblade, I had serious problems defeating even some story line bosses). It took an incredible amount of time, but I enjoyed every bit of it (I really would like to get that feel of unknown and difficulty again). I even did that once more, on PS4 (my first time was on PC, where I play most of the time). The story and quests aint that bad (considering it's MMO so I didn't expect wonders), but I just couldn't do it yet again. I get into delve, get skyshard, kill boss, move to the next. I go into public dungeon, threeshot group event boss and move to the next. I rarely do quests anymore.

To be honest, I run away from questgivers as if Molag Bal himself was chasing me.

Consider it, when you complain about people clicking through dialogs.
    When everyone played in Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim, many thought it would be great to take a walk in such places with a friend or friends. Nothing more! Nobody ever wanted to go into the basement of the manor during the quest and discover there are 50 more players doing this quest. Just need to keep the balance. The player must be able to play the game normally. Because he bought it not for everyone but for himself - in the first place. He should be able to travel alone and with friends. And at the same time that no one would interfere with it. And at the same time he will continue to feel that he is in a big world with a lot of other players. Because there will be group dungeons and raids, there will be a world pvp, there will be world bosses in open spaces. We need a balance. And the balance is not yet very good.

Indeed, that would be fun. But ESO is NOT a single player nor a coop game. It never was, and it doesn't seem like it was ever meant to be. If you bought it expecting to be like single/coop game of your dreams, you were either deceived or assumed to much based on the title alone. You buy the game the way it is. Imagine getting on a bus and complaining that there are other people around, that it doesn't look and feel like a sport car and the driver doesn't take you wherever you want, whenever you want, only because YOU'VE paid for it (completely disregarding the fact, that every single man woman and child in the damn bus HAS paid the same price). Silly, isn't it?
    Edited by tommalmm on July 20, 2017 10:59AM
  • Astrid
    Astrid
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats all well and good, but once Cadwells Gold and the DLC zones are said and done you can't go into endgame content with that mindset? I hate to break it to ya but once you start undaunted dungeons and then either trials/pvp no one is gonna stand around and wait for you. You'll likely be kicked (more than likely in trials) if you're not using the correct sets, weaponry and rotations. And dont get me started on pvp - it's dog eat dog out there and zerg is very popular at the minute. 1 on 1 in any situation is gonna be next to nil because it's a dps race and that attitude isnt gonna work. Maybe start warming up to the fact this game is for everyone, anytime, any enemy whenever they want. Accept the help and move on. Don't be salty.
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The player VERY often loses up to 75% of the fun of the quests themselves. Because he simply loses the chain of events associated with the quests. Very often it turns out that the player comes to an example in the room (or dungeon) associated with the quest, and he immediately end it. Because there is already a crowd of players doing the same job. And the player skips dialogues, storylines, actions that the authors of the game came up with and programmed. It turns out that a player lost not just mobs, but the content of the game for which he paid!
    I really like TESO. But this situation spoils the impression of the game.
    I'm generaly agree with your thoughts about crowds in MMO.
    But I don't understand why would that player skip dialogues. I've played through all Pact zones and the only place I had to skip dialogues was group dungeons. Except dungeons, I was listenning and reading all dialogues, books and notes. No one did hurry me up. Also, every button I have to press and every crystal I have to break are separated from other players; I must interact with them myself to start cut-scenes and dialogues.
    Edited by Ermiq on July 20, 2017 11:17AM
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tommalmm wrote: »
    Thats all well and good, but once Cadwells Gold and the DLC zones are said and done you can't go into endgame content with that mindset? I hate to break it to ya but once you start undaunted dungeons and then either trials/pvp no one is gonna stand around and wait for you. You'll likely be kicked (more than likely in trials) if you're not using the correct sets, weaponry and rotations. And dont get me started on pvp - it's dog eat dog out there and zerg is very popular at the minute. 1 on 1 in any situation is gonna be next to nil because it's a dps race and that attitude isnt gonna work. Maybe start warming up to the fact this game is for everyone, anytime, any enemy whenever they want. Accept the help and move on. Don't be salty.

I understand that. I dont aim for endgame, i cant keep schedules. My game is only on the map and ends at the world bosses.
    A group spot is a responsibility and i wont apply without a weapon ;)

All i hope for is that people leave a guy doing his stuff and dont shoot his encounters. I have like 400cp on my name tag, i should probably know what i am doing.

Is it Bethnik where this graveyard is.. in all corners people where fighting ghosts. Solo or duo. And in the middle was a "neon mage" shooting in all directions on other peoples encounters. I so hoped that moment that Nirn would just swallow that neon mage. Common questing doesnt need those "players", its not hard anymore.

And yesterday, after the N th time where is was casting a DoT and mob drops after the 1st tick because someone shot him i thought enough is enough and still is enough.
    Edited by mague on July 20, 2017 11:31AM
  • hydrocynus
    hydrocynus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a guy a long time ago. I used to see him in auridon. He was playing as a dragon knight. I remember it because he ran past me once and blew fire.
    My internet is invalid
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If every CP 400 knew what he was doing there wouldn't be any PUG threads :trollface:
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's fine, I don't need your help either. Just want the XP and the loot

And if I do get a "ty" from someone, consider it a happy accident
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • faerigirl
    faerigirl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello dear PC/EU community.

I hope most of you recognized how easy the game is now. It is so
    easy that my bear can solo anything but world bosses and maybe
    anchors.

I am not happy with it, but i adopt. Currently i am playing
    without weapons. Yes, i got 690 magic damage and 160 physical
    damage. I do this to play the quests and not to rush through
    and one shot anything. I find that boring. A fight should be
    a fight. I am not in a hurry, who knows how long it takes till
    they release another landmass...

It is horrible enough that everywehre i go to, all enemies are
    dead allready. The dungeon are empty most of the time. There
    are many players collecting shards and the boss for achievement.
    But i try to live with this too.

But i cant and i dont want to live with the fact that players
    kill my encounters all the time. Who do you zergs think who
    you are that i need your help ? As said allreay, my bear is able
    to solo anything while i watch. Open land and dungeons are not
    PvP zerg zones where you can kill anything that moves.

When i reach a quest or dungeon named and someone is fighting
    it, then i wait until he is done and the named spawns again.
    This is a question of manners. Game machnically it is not, but
    morally this is a kill-steal. Zerging and kill-stealing.. thats
    really low. Open land and dungeons are not PvP zones, so stop
    passive ganking and ruining my gaming experience.

If it wasnt about the looong research times i would probably
    reroll on the US server, hoping its better there due to the
    time difference. Well, currently it is impossible to play on
    EU and i will create a character and scout if its better there...

I post this on the german forum too, bcause this is a EU problem.

I love this post!!

This is almost the exact opposite of why I moved from PC NA to PC EU.

With my long work hours and the need to get to bed by 10pm Eastern to get 5-6 hours of sleep, I rarely got to enjoy guild runs for any content because they didn't get moving until way too late for me or the game was mostly uninhabited (3-8am) when I could get some solid gaming time.

Now, my EU guild is bright eyed and bushy tailed and ready to go at the same time I am <3

People on EU are friendly and ready to do any content. There are ALWAYS people ready to do dungeon/trial runs, world boss kills. For me, on PC NA if you shout out to kill a WB there is a solid chance it won't get done but on EU people are more than willing to help!

So to the OP I say, move to NA if that's a better fit! You have to start over, nothing transfers (gold, items, toons, purchased crown store items...nothing). It was worth it to me.