Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

I dont need your help !!!

• CromulentForumID
    CromulentForumID
    ✭✭✭✭
    markdeloma wrote: »
    When everyone played in Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim, many thought it would be great to take a walk in such places with a friend or friends. Nothing more! Nobody ever wanted to go into the basement of the manor during the quest and discover there are 50 more players doing this quest. Just need to keep the balance. The player must be able to play the game normally. Because he bought it not for everyone but for himself - in the first place. He should be able to travel alone and with friends. And at the same time that no one would interfere with it. And at the same time he will continue to feel that he is in a big world with a lot of other players. Because there will be group dungeons and raids, there will be a world pvp, there will be world bosses in open spaces. We need a balance. And the balance is not yet very good.

this ^

The quote seems to be asking for instanced quest locations and/or delves.

If most quests and every Delve and Public Dungeon were instanced, ask yourself, would you still feel like you were in a big world with lots of other players?

You'd see the players in cities, and....the cities.

Were you playing when we had the actual separate Silver and Gold zones? How big did that world feel?

I'm not sure you can have some kind of vibrant game world while also shoving most of the content behind a locked door.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When everyone played in Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim, many thought it would be great to take a walk in such places with a friend or friends. Nothing more! Nobody ever wanted to go into the basement of the manor during the quest and discover there are 50 more players doing this quest. Just need to keep the balance. The player must be able to play the game normally. Because he bought it not for everyone but for himself - in the first place. He should be able to travel alone and with friends. And at the same time that no one would interfere with it. And at the same time he will continue to feel that he is in a big world with a lot of other players. Because there will be group dungeons and raids, there will be a world pvp, there will be world bosses in open spaces. We need a balance. And the balance is not yet very good.

No. Not one person could possibly expect that an MMO should have the entire game instanced for them. That's what single player games are for. I'm not waiting to kill a mob because one person is letting his bear do all the work. If the OP wants instance dungeons he can go do them. As hinted by the title of "public dungeons", there should not be an expectation of a solo instance.

Try these OP:
    1. Arx Corinium
    2. Banished Cells I
    3. Banished Cells II
    4. Elden Hollow I
    5. Elder Hollow II
    6. City of Ash I
    7. City of Ash II
    8. Tempest Island
    9. Selene''s Web
    10. Spindleclutch I
    11. Spindleclutch II
    12. Wayrest Sewers I
    13. Wayrest Sewers II
    14. Crypt of Hearts I
    15. Crypt of Hearts II
    16. Volenfell
    17. Blackheart Haven
    18. Blessed Crucible
    19. Direfrost Keep
    20. Fungal Grotto I
    21. Fungal Grotto II
    22. Darkshade Caverns I
    23. Darkshade Caverns II
    24. Vaults of Madness
    25. Imperial City Prison
    26. White-Gold Tower
    27. Cradle of Shadows
    28. Ruins of Mazzatun

Those 28 will allow you to play solo. Otherwise play Skyrim, Dragon age, or any other single player game. You will not find your own little world in ESO. Personally I think you speak of manners, but what about trying to make everyone else wait for you or your bear kill off things so we can move on? Sorry but I've done all those dungeons and if I'm farming for gear, I'm not going to wait.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mobs use to be hard to kill solo in VR zones but they nerf the hell out of them bc people cried on the forums.

I miss those hard to kill mobs felt more mmo like

Most MMOs are a joke. The genre is designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Not so much, "designed to," as, "must," as a necessity. You can ask all of those hardcore MMOs that rolled out, and sold themselves on their difficulty how that worked out. The problem is, if you want to stick around as an MMO, you need people paying you. That means you need the game to be accessible to as many people as possible. Yeah, I know that's a dirty word in some circles, but it's a fact of life when you're dealing with constant server costs, updates, and maintaining a persistent staff. I mean, Atari tried running MMOs as out of the box and done releases... you can ask them how well that worked for them.
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go play Skyrim buddy.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can sympathise with you @mague. People play ESO many different ways, but sadly our style of play is seen as more or less untenable by most people these days.

Back in the days of Everquest, moving in on a mob while somebody was fighting it was seen as very poor manners and a bannable offense. But this is ESO. And I long ago dismissed the notion that any kind that decorum exists by the majority of its player base. Indeed the majority of my interactions with people have led me to deduce that as far as I am concerned, most of its players are scum, who have no regard for others.

My advice? Firstly it would be to ignore people who tell you to "go play Skyrim" or "go play a single player game". Such responses from people are a product of limited intelligence and a lack of understanding which has lead to the assumption that play styles other than their own are somehow wrong. You paid for the game and are entitled to play it any way you see fit within the TOS.

It is however true that in this game nobody has a right or claim to any specific mob at any given time, and as such we have to accept it, regardless of how we feel personally about it. Stick to lesser populated zones, and play off peek if at all possible. I for one limit doing delves to late at night, work and RL commitments permitting. This minimizes the chances of somebody coming along and running through the dungeons spamming AOE skills killing everything and ruining my experience.

Play your way even if it does take a bit of patience. ;)

So people that tell him to go to single player games are of limited intelligence? Hmmm. Sorry for the misunderstanding of what MMO actually means. Next time I see some naked nord trying beat a mob with his fists we should all wait and see the conclusion. That way it takes me a couple of extra hours to make my runs for gear. Right?

Sorry but the way this game is designed that isn't feasible. They aren't his mobs, they aren't his dungeons and expecting other's to wait for him to finish isn't the way most people play. How inconsiderate is he, that he demands we all wait for him? 9 times out of 10 I blow right by those guys to get to my objective. If I happen to lay down a dot or hit them well so be it. My playtime is limited and I can't be bothered to actually sit and wait for the guy to finish.

Consideration works both ways. If that's how he wants to play then he can. But keep in mind that not everyone has the same amount of time to wait. So while he can sit and try to kill things with his fist, I don't have the time to do so. Sorry I've done the main quest at least 5 times so I'm not going to read everything and take in all the wonders of the dungeons I've run thousands of times.
  • AnnieBeGood
    AnnieBeGood
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am not helping you. I just need to get through this dungeon, I am not waiting till your bear pats his way through the boss, ok?

Gulrosa V160 Templar -healer and master crafter
    Annie Spaceshifter V160 magica NB - just a thieving assassin, now retired
    Katerina - 'Daedric Annie' - V160 Stamina DK - now bank alt, wardrobe mistress
    Anni Bee - Vet 160Templar - pvp magica templar - Daedric Lord Slayer
    Lily Malone - stam sorc - pve goddess
    Rey of Jakku Plain - Vet 160 - magica templar dd
    Savanna - magica warden, still learning to play
    and several babies...... learning to ride
    EU server, pc and All for the Pact
    Alith, the best guild in the EU
  • TheTwistedRune
    TheTwistedRune
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stopnaggin wrote: »
    I can sympathise with you @mague. People play ESO many different ways, but sadly our style of play is seen as more or less untenable by most people these days.

Back in the days of Everquest, moving in on a mob while somebody was fighting it was seen as very poor manners and a bannable offense. But this is ESO. And I long ago dismissed the notion that any kind that decorum exists by the majority of its player base. Indeed the majority of my interactions with people have led me to deduce that as far as I am concerned, most of its players are scum, who have no regard for others.

My advice? Firstly it would be to ignore people who tell you to "go play Skyrim" or "go play a single player game". Such responses from people are a product of limited intelligence and a lack of understanding which has lead to the assumption that play styles other than their own are somehow wrong. You paid for the game and are entitled to play it any way you see fit within the TOS.

It is however true that in this game nobody has a right or claim to any specific mob at any given time, and as such we have to accept it, regardless of how we feel personally about it. Stick to lesser populated zones, and play off peek if at all possible. I for one limit doing delves to late at night, work and RL commitments permitting. This minimizes the chances of somebody coming along and running through the dungeons spamming AOE skills killing everything and ruining my experience.

So people that tell him to go to single player games are of limited intelligence? Hmmm. Sorry for the misunderstanding of what MMO actually means. Next time I see some naked nord trying beat a mob with his fists we should all wait and see the conclusion. That way it takes me a couple of extra hours to make my runs for gear. Right?

Sorry but the way this game is designed that isn't feasible. They aren't his mobs, they aren't his dungeons and expecting other's to wait for him to finish isn't the way most people play. How inconsiderate is he, that he demands we all wait for him? 9 times out of 10 I blow right by those guys to get to my objective. If I happen to lay down a dot or hit them well so be it. My playtime is limited and I can't be bothered to actually sit and wait for the guy to finish.

Consideration works both ways. If that's how he wants to play then he can. But keep in mind that not everyone has the same amount of time to wait. So while he can sit and try to kill things with his fist, I don't have the time to do so. Sorry I've done the main quest at least 5 times so I'm not going to read everything and take in all the wonders of the dungeons I've run thousands of times.

The meaning of an MMO and how it should be played is open to interpretation. That is a whole other discussion and I am not sure what relevance your point on what it means makes to this thread.

You stated that the way this game is designed makes his playstyle unfeasible. I stated that how OP likes to play the game is not tenable these days. Again I am unclear what point you are trying to make to me?

And IMO saying "go play a single player" does show limited intelligence because it offers no valid argument. It masks itself as advice but in reality its saying "sod off". Hardly an intellectual concept.

Did I say people should wait for him to kill mobs? No. (See my final paragraph)

In fact I can find no valid counters your post made to mine at all. So I am unclear as to what, if any point you were trying to get across to me.

Peace.

Edited by TheTwistedRune on July 20, 2017 8:17PM
  • GreyWolf_79
    GreyWolf_79
    ✭✭✭✭
    mague wrote: »
    Hello dear PC/EU community.

I hope most of you recognized how easy the game is now. It is so
    easy that my bear can solo anything but world bosses and maybe
    anchors.

I am not happy with it, but i adopt. Currently i am playing
    without weapons. Yes, i got 690 magic damage and 160 physical
    damage. I do this to play the quests and not to rush through
    and one shot anything. I find that boring. A fight should be
    a fight. I am not in a hurry, who knows how long it takes till
    they release another landmass...

It is horrible enough that everywehre i go to, all enemies are
    dead allready. The dungeon are empty most of the time. There
    are many players collecting shards and the boss for achievement.
    But i try to live with this too.

But i cant and i dont want to live with the fact that players
    kill my encounters all the time. Who do you zergs think who
    you are that i need your help ? As said allreay, my bear is able
    to solo anything while i watch. Open land and dungeons are not
    PvP zerg zones where you can kill anything that moves.

When i reach a quest or dungeon named and someone is fighting
    it, then i wait until he is done and the named spawns again.
    This is a question of manners. Game machnically it is not, but
    morally this is a kill-steal. Zerging and kill-stealing.. thats
    really low. Open land and dungeons are not PvP zones, so stop
    passive ganking and ruining my gaming experience.

If it wasnt about the looong research times i would probably
    reroll on the US server, hoping its better there due to the
    time difference. Well, currently it is impossible to play on
    EU and i will create a character and scout if its better there...

I post this on the german forum too, bcause this is a EU problem.

You can't solo anchors? I mean world bosses I can understand, some of them are a PITA, but I've soloed several dolmens and I'm not even very good at this game.

Anyway, off topic discussion aside... as has already been pointed out, there is no "kill stealing" in this game. If you start attacking something, and I also attack it, we both get loot and XP. If you want to get into node and chest stealing, that is a different matter altogether.

Is it maybe a little annoying when I go to an area and I find 1000 corpses on the ground and nothing left to fight? A little bit. Then I see a chain of 10+ players going around killing everything before I get to it...

There is an expression in America. "If you can't beat them, join them."

A dozen people hacking away at swarms of enemies, I drop one AoE attack in the middle of it all and I'm rewarded with thousands of XP and a fistful of loot. What a horrible game! Woe is me! ZOS pls nerf immediately! I'm getting too much free stuffs... this must be stopped.

When objectively looking at all the real issues that exist in this game, I don't think "kill stealing" can be considered one of them. No offense intended. If you're looking for a single player experience, MMOs might not be right for you - but ESO is probably the closest that any MMO comes to providing a proper single player experience. You should be thankful that this game still rewards you loot and XP when somebody else comes in and kills your mob - not all MMOs are so generous.
  • Kewhit
    Kewhit
    ✭✭
    I think this post is a cry for help. B)
  • GreyWolf_79
    GreyWolf_79
    ✭✭✭✭

No. Not one person could possibly expect that an MMO should have the entire game instanced for them. That's what single player games are for. I'm not waiting to kill a mob because one person is letting his bear do all the work. If the OP wants instance dungeons he can go do them. As hinted by the title of "public dungeons", there should not be an expectation of a solo instance.

Try these OP:
    1. Arx Corinium
    2. Banished Cells I
    3. Banished Cells II
    4. Elden Hollow I
    5. Elder Hollow II
    6. City of Ash I
    7. City of Ash II
    8. Tempest Island
    9. Selene''s Web
    10. Spindleclutch I
    11. Spindleclutch II
    12. Wayrest Sewers I
    13. Wayrest Sewers II
    14. Crypt of Hearts I
    15. Crypt of Hearts II
    16. Volenfell
    17. Blackheart Haven
    18. Blessed Crucible
    19. Direfrost Keep
    20. Fungal Grotto I
    21. Fungal Grotto II
    22. Darkshade Caverns I
    23. Darkshade Caverns II
    24. Vaults of Madness
    25. Imperial City Prison
    26. White-Gold Tower
    27. Cradle of Shadows
    28. Ruins of Mazzatun

Those 28 will allow you to play solo. Otherwise play Skyrim, Dragon age, or any other single player game. You will not find your own little world in ESO. Personally I think you speak of manners, but what about trying to make everyone else wait for you or your bear kill off things so we can move on? Sorry but I've done all those dungeons and if I'm farming for gear, I'm not going to wait.

While I almost entirely agree with you, I do have to point out that the original Guild Wars had entirely soloable instanced zones. Along with NPCs you could "hire" or recruit (and even customize) to complete said zones in cases where you did need help.

That game was awesome, but it was far from the norm.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best is when you walk into an area where your quest objective is, and then it pops up and updates your quest without you doing anything. That frosts me to no end. Dumbest thing ever that others can finish your quest for you, without you being grouped.
    Edited by LadyDestiny on July 20, 2017 8:58PM
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Try these OP:
    1. Arx Corinium
    2. Banished Cells I
    3. Banished Cells II
    4. Elden Hollow I
    5. Elder Hollow II
    6. City of Ash I
    7. City of Ash II
    8. Tempest Island
    9. Selene''s Web
    10. Spindleclutch I
    11. Spindleclutch II
    12. Wayrest Sewers I
    13. Wayrest Sewers II
    14. Crypt of Hearts I
    15. Crypt of Hearts II
    16. Volenfell
    17. Blackheart Haven
    18. Blessed Crucible
    19. Direfrost Keep
    20. Fungal Grotto I
    21. Fungal Grotto II
    22. Darkshade Caverns I
    23. Darkshade Caverns II
    24. Vaults of Madness
    25. Imperial City Prison
    26. White-Gold Tower
    27. Cradle of Shadows
    28. Ruins of Mazzatun

While I almost entirely agree with you, I do have to point out that the original Guild Wars had entirely soloable instanced zones. Along with NPCs you could "hire" or recruit (and even customize) to complete said zones in cases where you did need help.

OK again, this isn't any other game. It is what it is. The game has faults and limitations, but also a very vibrant open world. My point was the way they designed the game was to encourage people to play together. There is no kill stealing and such here as everyone get at the very least xp. What I can't understand about the ops original complaint was what he expected. If he wants to solo things the above is the only sure way to do so. If they instanced everything it wouldn't be what it is now. 1T definitely opened up the game, and I take the good with the bad. I just don't see that this game really fit his/her playstyle.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I did this once in IC - saw a guy fighting a zone boss and left him to fight it on his own.

When his health dropped really low I gave him a few heals but otherwise didn't touch the boss.

He ended up with a very good share of tel var stones I imagine. He whispered me with all sorts of curses and tea bagged me. Won't do anything like that again.

This game is NOT like other MMOs. It doesn't matter if I help you kill something or not - loot is individual. If you strictly want the RP element, I'll echo the rest and say go play Skyrim.
  • Opticon
    Opticon
    ✭✭✭
    The best is when you walk into an area where your quest objective is, and then it pops up and updates your quest without you doing anything. That frosts me to no end. Dumbest thing ever that others can finish your quest for you, without you being grouped.

Ran into this at a boss I really wanted to kill myself and was waiting patiently far away for the current guys to kill him. I was far enough way that the mobs health bar wasn't visible, but still got quest credit. Now I am just extra careful and gtfo of the area when there is something I want try myself. But yes it's a bit ridiculous, especially getting credit when you did zero damage/healing, let alone being in their group.
    Edited by Opticon on July 20, 2017 9:17PM
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The meaning of an MMO and how it should be played is open to interpretation. That is a whole other discussion and I am not sure what relevance your point on what it means makes to this thread.

You stated that the way this game is designed makes his playstyle unfeasible. I stated that how OP likes to play the game is not tenable these days. Again I am unclear what point you are trying to make to me?

And IMO saying "go play a single player" does show limited intelligence because it offers no valid argument. It masks itself as advice but in reality its saying "sod off". Hardly an intellectual concept.

Did I say people should wait for him to kill mobs? No. (See my final paragraph)

In fact I can find no valid counters your post made to mine at all. So I am unclear as to what, if any point you were trying to get across to me.

Peace.

Lol, because I suggest that he play a single player game has nothing to do with my intellect. We aren't talking about rocket science here. This game doesn't play the same as previous MMO, and that's a good thing. What I got from the original post is that he didn't like people stepping on his playstyle. Therefore it might be a bether option to play something different, you know a game that didn't have an open world with hundreds of other's doing the same activities.

The rest beyond my fist paragraph wasn't directly to you, just more of thinking out loud kind of thing. The only thing I took offense to was the scum comment. So for what it is, peace to you.
  • RainfeatherUK
    RainfeatherUK
    ✭✭✭✭

Then they post the videos on YouTube "to reach the maximum level in a couple of weeks!"

Would be a pretty redundant search. 1-50 barely takes a day.
  • GreyWolf_79
    GreyWolf_79
    ✭✭✭✭

Try these OP:
    1. Arx Corinium
    2. Banished Cells I
    3. Banished Cells II
    4. Elden Hollow I
    5. Elder Hollow II
    6. City of Ash I
    7. City of Ash II
    8. Tempest Island
    9. Selene''s Web
    10. Spindleclutch I
    11. Spindleclutch II
    12. Wayrest Sewers I
    13. Wayrest Sewers II
    14. Crypt of Hearts I
    15. Crypt of Hearts II
    16. Volenfell
    17. Blackheart Haven
    18. Blessed Crucible
    19. Direfrost Keep
    20. Fungal Grotto I
    21. Fungal Grotto II
    22. Darkshade Caverns I
    23. Darkshade Caverns II
    24. Vaults of Madness
    25. Imperial City Prison
    26. White-Gold Tower
    27. Cradle of Shadows
    28. Ruins of Mazzatun

OK again, this isn't any other game. It is what it is. The game has faults and limitations, but also a very vibrant open world. My point was the way they designed the game was to encourage people to play together. There is no kill stealing and such here as everyone get at the very least xp. What I can't understand about the ops original complaint was what he expected. If he wants to solo things the above is the only sure way to do so. If they instanced everything it wouldn't be what it is now. 1T definitely opened up the game, and I take the good with the bad. I just don't see that this game really fit his/her playstyle.

I know, which is why I said I agree with your points. You should read my previous post above your own. ESO is fine. It works as an MMO, but it also works as a single player game in that you don't get penalized when other players "help" you. I was simply pointing out one example of an MMO that actually did have single player instanced zones. That game was the exception, definitely not the norm. I'm not even suggesting that ESO should have that feature - there are already instanced dungeons for that. I was actually supporting your position, just pointing out that not every single MMO fits that description. I agree with you, maybe the OP should look for a different game, one that is less "open world", rather than attempting to completely overhaul this one.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Try these OP:
    1. Arx Corinium
    2. Banished Cells I
    3. Banished Cells II
    4. Elden Hollow I
    5. Elder Hollow II
    6. City of Ash I
    7. City of Ash II
    8. Tempest Island
    9. Selene''s Web
    10. Spindleclutch I
    11. Spindleclutch II
    12. Wayrest Sewers I
    13. Wayrest Sewers II
    14. Crypt of Hearts I
    15. Crypt of Hearts II
    16. Volenfell
    17. Blackheart Haven
    18. Blessed Crucible
    19. Direfrost Keep
    20. Fungal Grotto I
    21. Fungal Grotto II
    22. Darkshade Caverns I
    23. Darkshade Caverns II
    24. Vaults of Madness
    25. Imperial City Prison
    26. White-Gold Tower
    27. Cradle of Shadows
    28. Ruins of Mazzatun

I know, which is why I said I agree with your points. You should read my previous post above your own. ESO is fine. It works as an MMO, but it also works as a single player game in that you don't get penalized when other players "help" you. I was simply pointing out one example of an MMO that actually did have single player instanced zones. That game was the exception, definitely not the norm. I'm not even suggesting that ESO should have that feature - there are already instanced dungeons for that. I was actually supporting your position, just pointing out that not every single MMO fits that description. I agree with you, maybe the OP should look for a different game, one that is less "open world", rather than attempting to completely overhaul this one.

I got ya, I was rambling. Hot at work, kinda pissy, lol. I never played Guild wars. Have played several other mmos and like everything else, I just go by what it is. I do know that ESO pushes for interaction more than any other one I've played, which is why I suggested the op play something else. It's all good.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry OP, this is not a game of golf, where you politely wait for the group in front of you to finish a par 3 before you tee off.

Normal delves and group dungeons are open to everyone. If I want to take a character through a delve and someone is in there taking 2 minutes to kill an NPC, I will not wait at the door for them to move to the next NPC before I start. At best I might run past them and keep going, killing everything n front of them.

If you want a dungeon to yourself, go into trials or undaunted dungeons (like others have suggested) where you have the instance to yourself and can do whatever you like.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things I've learned from this thread:
    1. Don't try to help anyone
    2. People find the strangest things to complain about
    3. Don't try to help anyone.
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mague wrote: »
    I am playing onlien since 14.400 modems. I know a better online world with better people and so i wont live with it.

14,400 modem? That's nice. I have a 1200 baud acoustic modem somewhere in my garage. Can't use it since none of the phone handsets fit anymore.
  • GreyWolf_79
    GreyWolf_79
    ✭✭✭✭

Try these OP:
    1. Arx Corinium
    2. Banished Cells I
    3. Banished Cells II
    4. Elden Hollow I
    5. Elder Hollow II
    6. City of Ash I
    7. City of Ash II
    8. Tempest Island
    9. Selene''s Web
    10. Spindleclutch I
    11. Spindleclutch II
    12. Wayrest Sewers I
    13. Wayrest Sewers II
    14. Crypt of Hearts I
    15. Crypt of Hearts II
    16. Volenfell
    17. Blackheart Haven
    18. Blessed Crucible
    19. Direfrost Keep
    20. Fungal Grotto I
    21. Fungal Grotto II
    22. Darkshade Caverns I
    23. Darkshade Caverns II
    24. Vaults of Madness
    25. Imperial City Prison
    26. White-Gold Tower
    27. Cradle of Shadows
    28. Ruins of Mazzatun

I got ya, I was rambling. Hot at work, kinda pissy, lol. I never played Guild wars. Have played several other mmos and like everything else, I just go by what it is. I do know that ESO pushes for interaction more than any other one I've played, which is why I suggested the op play something else. It's all good.

The original Guild Wars was an amazing game, I'm sorry you never got to play it. GW2 is a different animal altogether... you either like it or hate it. I admit, my experience with MMOs is somewhat limited. I never played WoW, I never played SWTOG, never played Everquest, never played LOTRO, never played that superhero one (forget the name)... I have played TERA, an eastern-themed MMO... and I've played a plethora of single player RPGs, including most of the TES and Fallout series, Bioshock, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, etc., going back as far as Baldur's Gate, Champions of Norrath, and even further back to Advanced Dungeons & Dragons on the Intellivision console (I'm pretty sure nobody here has ever even heard of it). I like RPGs. Not really a fan of MMOs, because I play games for fun, and teaming up with random strangers on the internet is rarely fun. Guild Wars 1 was great in that you could play it as an MMO, but you could also conceivably play it as a single player game if you wanted to. TES has amazing lore, and I love their single player games. ESO actually does a fairly decent job of incorporating the single player experience while also offering a multiplayer aspect (no comment on PvP or grouping tool or lag or other issues that most people say are broken).

While it doesn't actually offer single player instances like GW1 did, ESO can effectively be played as a single player game, with a few exceptions (veteran dungeons and such). There is no reason for the OP to be complaining, because you still get your loot and XP even when somebody else kills your mobs. There are other MMOs out there that don't give you that luxury - you literally have to fight for your stuff. And the whole PvP notion - you are not required to PvP in ESO, it is completely optional. Again, some games don't offer that luxury. In ESO, you can level up without having to worry about some high level player coming to gank you or KS your quest boss. So maybe a CP 500 came and killed the delve boss that you were supposed to kill, and you got credit for it even though you didn't do anything. Wah. If you really want to kill him yourself, just wait for him to respawn and kill him yourself. Problem solved, right? I don't really understand what the issue is. If OP is arguing that the game is "too easy" because too many players are zerging the content, maybe try playing at 4 a.m. and try to solo everything. I think it would be a mistake to buff all overland content with the expectation that dozens of players will always be zerging everything. That may make content more "challenging" during peak times, but it would also make regular content undoable for solo players during non-peak times, especially those who play in different time zones who also suffer from issues like high ping.

TL;DR version: ESO is not perfect, but there is no justifiable reason to dramatically alter normal overland content just to suit a small minority of players. If you want more challenging content, do more challenging content (trials, veteran dungeons, etc.). If you want to play solo, do instanced content (instanced quests, group dungeons that can be soloed, etc.). Hell, there is no reason why you can't solo regular overland content and public delves. If you don't like other people appearing on your screen and killing stuff that you want to kill by yourself, go play Skyrim.
  • Stormshaper
    Stormshaper
    ✭✭✭
    L.O.R.D. we're talking about dial up modems now.
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭
    L.O.R.D. we're talking about dial up modems now.

Must be a youngin', I started out with a 300 baud modem and a Commodore SuperPet with a green screen! Nothing like using the terminal application to connect to a BBS with a Tymnet connection.
  • redshirt_49
    redshirt_49
    ✭✭✭✭
    dpencil1 wrote: »
    Hey OP, go complete Vet Maelstrom Arena with the broom and bucket and then come back and complain about how easy the game is. Of course the standard overland content is easy. You've got to cater to people who aren't very good so they can still experience the basic content of the game. Challenge is present in ESO, but mainly at endgame.

As others have said, you picked the wrong game if you think you're entitled to your own perfect little solo experience. Go play Skyrim some more if that's what you're looking for. I mean, do you honestly expect someone who's trying to get through the content efficiently to wait their turn while you take 10 minutes to beat on a boss with your fists???

This. Except I would have put it a bit more nicely.

It's an unreasonable expectation to want people to "wait their turn" at a fight which is quite specifically designated as GROUP content.

And nobody is offering you their "help". They, perhaps, were hoping for yours.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Try these OP:
    1. Arx Corinium
    2. Banished Cells I
    3. Banished Cells II
    4. Elden Hollow I
    5. Elder Hollow II
    6. City of Ash I
    7. City of Ash II
    8. Tempest Island
    9. Selene''s Web
    10. Spindleclutch I
    11. Spindleclutch II
    12. Wayrest Sewers I
    13. Wayrest Sewers II
    14. Crypt of Hearts I
    15. Crypt of Hearts II
    16. Volenfell
    17. Blackheart Haven
    18. Blessed Crucible
    19. Direfrost Keep
    20. Fungal Grotto I
    21. Fungal Grotto II
    22. Darkshade Caverns I
    23. Darkshade Caverns II
    24. Vaults of Madness
    25. Imperial City Prison
    26. White-Gold Tower
    27. Cradle of Shadows
    28. Ruins of Mazzatun

You also have some craglorn group stuff who is easier than normal dungeons.
    And yes this will take all of you skill, sorcerer with clanfear has an huge bonus with an build in tank/healer.

I mostly do delves for the undaunted daily, twice a day, often i don't see other players. Other times I just bypass them.
    Sometimes I catch up with them an then I wait on boss unless far behind.
    One had some problems so I asked if he was done, he was on main quest who involved this dungeon north in gratwood, it also had an dungeon quest and this confused him. He learned that all delves has an skyshard, He shared his undaunted daily quest with me so we did it too, an quick talk and half the xp of an normal pledge.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. 300 baud -- I remember those. We were so excited when it went up to 900 baud.
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow it is definitely not kill stealing. People are playing the game. If you didn't want people around, you should have chosen a single player game where you wouldn't have to deal with people killing things when you want to kill them. Honestly, if I go into a dungeon or delve and everything is dead, I'm happy, get the shard, kill the boss, easy peasy and I can run off to the next one. What you're doing is trying to tell others how to play a multiplayer game, trying to tell them to make that multiplayer game into a single player game just for your benefit. Good answer is......drum roll.....no.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I generally will not assist people with standard mobs, any bosses or quest objectives, I am not going to wait around. If I'm running a quest or through a dungeon or whatever and happen to be timed right along with another player, then yes sometimes I do get in on the fighting. Or skip ahead to the next enemies. If I know there are lowbies around, I will intentionally do as little damage as possible and then start blocking, so they can do most of the fighting and probably feel awesome about it.

This really isn't a big deal. And OP, you are not going to find it any better on PC/NA. This is one of those things that is just going to happen sometimes. You can't be mad at people for playing the game. You can't tell people that their way isn't working for you so they should stop it. If you want to wait around all the time so you can do ALL the things by yourself, thats your choice, and you can do that. But you cannot really think that expecting people to /kowtow you and get out of your way is really going to happen.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solution: don't play MMOs. Play single player games.