Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Necromancer Skill Line DLC.....

• Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    The animations already exist on all the necromancer mobs.

Zos, Make It So.

this is why i dont understand why devs not made a necro allready.... majority of the work is done they just need to make a few new stuff and put those together to make a sense and work... barely even need to make any models and animations for them lol
    Edited by Zordrage on July 13, 2017 7:20AM
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Necromancy is illegal in Tamriel. So they should be killed on sight by guards (same should have been done with vampires and werewolves). I would like that but I'm guessing most ppl will complain about it till it's removed.
  • tunepunk
    tunepunk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would prefer if they removed classes and let you pick any 3 skill lines at character creation.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Considering the molag bal chapter is done, I doubt we'll ever see that now.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aren't necromancers evil in TES lore? I mean you spend 90% of your time killing them in PvE.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on July 13, 2017 9:19AM
  • Vipstaakki
    Vipstaakki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are people obsessed with necromancy? Why is it so special? I don't get it. Necromancer and druid were always my least favorite classes.
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A necro skill line/class would be nice (even if against the lore) but what I really would love to see are some new magicka weapons that are not staves. Like wands, censers, tomes, sword+spell, etc. I never really found staves particularly fun and since there are no alternatives I just stopped playing magicka builds altogether.
    Edited by khele23eb17_ESO on July 13, 2017 11:00AM
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aren't necromancers evil in TES lore? I mean you spend 90% of your time killing them in PvE.

No. Necromancy is looked down on, but not illegal. In the 3rd era necromancy is banned by the mages guild, but once again that doesn't make it illegal. Many necromancers become criminals because they perform illegal raisings. It is completely legal to raise outlaws and animals, but that tends to limit potential materials. The reason they are the main focus for enemies in ESO is because its Mannimarco's worm cult, who are evil. If you want an example of a good necromancer, just look at Vastarie she's a Lich and she isn't evil.
    Edited by Tyrobag on July 13, 2017 11:42AM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer and Hagraven world skills.

While we're at it give Hagraven a "Murder of Crows" gap closer. And give vampires the bloodfiend gap closer. Give necromancer a flesh atronach

I have wanted vampires to have the gap closer the NPC vampires have FOREVER! Gods how I want that! Maybe even more than I want Necromancers... maybe.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A summoning skill line that everyone can access would have alot of benefits regarding soloing, build diversity, pet sets and possibly even money making opportunities with pet skins...and we dont really have a class with undead pets - only demons and nature...so that spot is still open...and since wroebel said they were discussing a dark mage as class before the warden, it could become a thing...

What i really want in there tough is evards black tentacles spell ^^
    Edited by Nemesis7884 on July 13, 2017 1:48PM
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »
    well since warden tried to be a cross between templar and Sorc, necromancer could focus on being a cross between a DK and a NB,
    Durable blood, rot and flesh based tanking
    healing through life siphoning
    damage based around bones and temporary undead slaves

Change that first one to blood, rot, and flesh based hexes and curses for debuffs and damage, then blend the tanking in with siphoning heals, and 10/10 would play.
    Edited by NightbladeMechanics on July 13, 2017 5:21PM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just got D3 Necromancer pack and im good for now. Poor ESO players :P
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    No not this again :|
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• Zardayne
    Zardayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »
    No more pet classes please, its a lame crutch for real gameplay.

It's not a lame crutch..it's just done poorly in this game.
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    We knew about Warden returning to ESO waaaay before it actually did thanks to hints in the game code. I think it was around One Tamriel release that we found out the Warden skill line names.

If we get a new class in 2nd Quarter 2018, Necromancer is likely to be it (or something of a similarly-themed name).

Whatever the 6th class is, it is slated to be a Light Armor character in the Character Creation screen..... as made clear by DK/Templar being in Heavy Armor, Nightblade/Warden (we predicted this) being Medium, and Sorcerer being Light Armor.

This all makes sense because DK and Templar (warrior and holy knight) are warrior-esque, whereas Nightblade and Warden (assassin and ranger) are rogue-like, while a Sorcerer (mage) always seem to where robes and wield a staff. Even though all classes can obviously play all roles, these are stereotypical archetypes given to them. That 6th class will be catagorized with the Sorcerer and could easily a Necromancer.

Also NPCs have 6 types of general class themes to choose from based on the player classes, with our Warden class arriving in Morrowind despite the Warden-themed enemies being in-game since launch. The sixth theme is, coincidentally, Necromancer-like. It is full of light blue casts of Magic Damage (contrasts nicely with a NBs dark red casts of Magic Damage), undead summons , and abilities with teal colored flames in a different way from Warden colorschemed skills.

TLDR: If we get a 6th class, Necromancer is quite likely :)

Nah, the class ability effects should feature a ghoulish green glow, similar to the Necro staves of the Worm cultists. One of the ultimate abilities should be a giant green flame-covered Skeletal Colossus summon. Maybe the other morph is a Flesh Colossus that extends its duration with each kill you get (up to certain max, of course).

However, many people might not like the "pet" theme of Necro since the Warden is very similar (although the Bear is terrible, lol). It might be a while before it gets released since having two pet classes released back-to-back might seem stale.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zoliru wrote: »
    Hey devs want to make money ?

thats how you make money.....

just so well said, I put a meme spin on it:

1sfsj0.jpg
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A necro skill line/class would be nice (even if against the lore) but what I really would love to see are some new magicka weapons that are not staves. Like wands, censers, tomes, sword+spell, etc. I never really found staves particularly fun and since there are no alternatives I just stopped playing magicka builds altogether.

necros are most certainly part of the lore... black soul gems, staff of worms anybody?

Agreed on some new weapon options.
  • Sarno
    Sarno
    Necromancer (skill line!!!) would be instabuy for me if done right.

However, I'd prefer if it actually feel like a necromancer and not some weird pet skill line. What i mean by this, is that in plenty of MMOs, Necromancer is just a dark mage that has one pet (usually a skeleton) constantly following him around, which feels a bit stupid.

The only MMO in my opinion that has ever done Necromancer correctly was RIFT. There it actually felt like being the master of undead. If you maxed that skill tree, in the end you could have 3 skeletons, 2 shades and 4 zombies summoned at the same time for a certain period of time. Also, you could transform into lich if you maxed it.

TL:DR Rather that being the generic pet class, Necromancer should be able to summon several undead at the same time, even if their lifespan will be short, otherwise it will be Warden 2.0.
    Edited by Sarno on July 13, 2017 4:10PM
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would be awesome. Make it so you can't use Mage Guild if you use necromancy though.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »
    well since warden tried to be a cross between templar and Sorc, necromancer could focus on being a cross between a DK and a NB,
    Durable blood, rot and flesh based tanking
    healing through life siphoning
    damage based around bones and temporary undead slaves

Is there not room for something entirely new?

What I wonder is how necromancy would work in PVP - you reanimate enemy players, preventing rez? And then what if they respawn? Or do you reanimate dead allies? Someone's corpse under Alessia Bridge half devoured by slaughterfish?

Edited by IcyDeadPeople on July 13, 2017 4:53PM
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vipstaakki wrote: »
    Why are people obsessed with necromancy? Why is it so special? I don't get it. Necromancer and druid were always my least favorite classes.

Because Everquest made the Necromancer into a godlike being of supremacy over all. And it was good.
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    Would be awesome. Make it so you can't use Mage Guild if you use necromancy though.

Why? The guild hasn't actually outlawed necromancy yet, and its not like you're going to go around telling Vanus that you've been raising corpses. There's no reason you cant have both.
    Edited by Tyrobag on July 13, 2017 5:36PM
  • SFDB
    SFDB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    Sarno wrote: »
    Necromancer (skill line!!!) would be instabuy for me if done right.

However, I'd prefer if it actually feel like a necromancer and not some weird pet skill line. What i mean by this, is that in plenty of MMOs, Necromancer is just a dark mage that has one pet (usually a skeleton) constantly following him around, which feels a bit stupid.

The only MMO in my opinion that has ever done Necromancer correctly was RIFT. There it actually felt like being the master of undead. If you maxed that skill tree, in the end you could have 3 skeletons, 2 shades and 4 zombies summoned at the same time for a certain period of time. Also, you could transform into lich if you maxed it.

TL:DR Rather that being the generic pet class, Necromancer should be able to summon several undead at the same time, even if their lifespan will be short, otherwise it will be Warden 2.0.

Champions comes close, with your ability to bring numerous summons around AND summon more with a duration. Alas, their necromancer-related summons are rather limited.

I hope that ZoS does this, and as its own skill line because then there would be no need to include more utility skills, since the base class would already provide those, and can focus instead on necromancy-specific items.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't fit. Necromancy is the enemy in this game. Very little exist that isnt reviled. Necromancer PC would be shunned
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would do dirty things for a Necromancer class or skill line
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't fit. Necromancy is the enemy in this game. Very little exist that isnt reviled. Necromancer PC would be shunned

Vampires

Werewolfs

Dark Brotherhood ( we can freaken brutally murder innocents lol )

Also Sorc uses Daedric abilities and those arent that goody moody either......

also how much stuff we saved etc... i think the world would overlook that we use Necromancy after what we done by now....

just use your imaginations people.....

Powers aren't evil or good .... its how and what for you use them.....
    Edited by Zordrage on July 13, 2017 8:32PM
  • Sarno
    Sarno
    Zoliru wrote: »

Vampires

Werewolfs

Dark Brotherhood ( we can freaken brutally murder innocents lol )

Also Sorc uses Daedric abilities and those arent that goody moody either......

also how much stuff we saved etc... i think the world would overlook that we use Necromancy after what we done by now....

just use your imaginations people.....

Powers aren't evil or good .... its how and what for you use them.....

And don't forget that there are several instances of "Pact Necromancer" friendly npcs across the world (cause pact pyromancers were probably slacking).

• ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS i will sub and worship and agree every nerf, every stupid wrong thing you will do with every future patch , if only you give us necromancy class ;)

necromance-if-you-want-to-we-can-bring-your-friends-to-5287680.png

"By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hope that Necro will be a tanky caster...

i mean having a Passiv that Gives a % dmg reduction for each sommuned minion....

the more minnions you control the higer that % dmg reduction...

and il hope it will have a sommun skill that is ONE ability butt sommuns 3 minions at once... like 3 skeleton or something....
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    f0LKxda.jpg