Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Necromancer Skill Line DLC.....

• Zalicius
    Zalicius
    ✭✭✭
    SFDB wrote: »
    I would buy the hell out of any Necromancer skill line.

+ Playable Daedra race. I could see that happening.
  • WoodenHeart
    WoodenHeart
    ✭✭✭✭
    And here I thought this was going to be a thread about reviving old threads, which seems to be part of the current meta...
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aren't Necromancers are uber evil guys? What is a point of fighting with Worm cult and Molag Bal as necromancer If he likes necromancers? Why everyone are talking about necromancer? This is boring, ZoS better add something new like Vvarden.
    PC/EU
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aren't Necromancers are uber evil guys? What is a point of fighting with Worm cult and Molag Bal as necromancer If he likes necromancers? Why everyone are talking about necromancer? This is boring, ZoS better add something new like Vvarden.

So just because someone is of one specific race/religion/group and some members of said race/religion/group are evil and do bad things, that makes all of them evil? Damn necrophobes...
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

for some people everything is Black and white.....

think a bit more Gray.... nothing is that Black and White anywhere realy....
    Edited by Zordrage on July 16, 2017 7:55PM
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    We knew about Warden returning to ESO waaaay before it actually did thanks to hints in the game code. I think it was around One Tamriel release that we found out the Warden skill line names.

If we get a new class in 2nd Quarter 2018, Necromancer is likely to be it (or something of a similarly-themed name).

Whatever the 6th class is, it is slated to be a Light Armor character in the Character Creation screen..... as made clear by DK/Templar being in Heavy Armor, Nightblade/Warden (we predicted this) being Medium, and Sorcerer being Light Armor.

This all makes sense because DK and Templar (warrior and holy knight) are warrior-esque, whereas Nightblade and Warden (assassin and ranger) are rogue-like, while a Sorcerer (mage) always seem to where robes and wield a staff. Even though all classes can obviously play all roles, these are stereotypical archetypes given to them. That 6th class will be catagorized with the Sorcerer and could easily a Necromancer.

Also NPCs have 6 types of general class themes to choose from based on the player classes, with our Warden class arriving in Morrowind despite the Warden-themed enemies being in-game since launch. The sixth theme is, coincidentally, Necromancer-like. It is full of light blue casts of Magic Damage (contrasts nicely with a NBs dark red casts of Magic Damage), undead summons , and abilities with teal colored flames in a different way from Warden colorschemed skills.

TLDR: If we get a 6th class, Necromancer is quite likely :)

*Dark Mage
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't it be the exact same as warden but instead of animals, zombies?

We saw how much of a fail companions are so can we please just go back to a normal class and preferably a damage dealing class
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »

We saw how much of a fail companions are so can we please just go back to a normal class and preferably a damage dealing class

Yeah I would prefer something else aswell. Like an unarmed monk or I dont know... something fresh.
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jitterbug wrote: »
    mb10 wrote: »

Yeah I would prefer something else aswell. Like an unarmed monk or I dont know... something fresh.

a Necromancer done right is waaay better and more then just a lame minion class with bad DMG and a realy limited small ammount of pets lol....
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zoliru wrote: »
    Wouldn't fit. Necromancy is the enemy in this game. Very little exist that isnt reviled. Necromancer PC would be shunned

Vampires

Werewolfs

Dark Brotherhood ( we can freaken brutally murder innocents lol )

Also Sorc uses Daedric abilities and those arent that goody moody either......

also how much stuff we saved etc... i think the world would overlook that we use Necromancy after what we done by now....

just use your imaginations people.....

Powers aren't evil or good .... its how and what for you use them.....

Different levels.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That's a cute cat meme. I still think we need a heroic skill line expansion, something that involves the mass murder of vampires, werewolves, and daedra. We could call it Dawnguard. It could be mutually exclusive to the Vampire and Werewolf lines unlike Fighters Guild and represent a link to the Divines or somesuch. Every single expansion has had a villainous theme since Legerdemain came out (apart from Orsinium). It would be nice to see something go the heroic road for a change.

For now I recommend you corpse-o-philes to go play a nightblade with soul assault.
    Edited by dodgehopper_ESO on July 16, 2017 8:55PM
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Euant
    Euant
    ✭✭✭
    actosh wrote: »
    Would rather like to see more skilllines instead of classes.
    Agreed!

It would be a lot nicer to have additional skill lines instead of classes. Either as guild skill lines, or as world skill lines... latter could be mutually exclusive "join the necromancers, no bloodsuckers or part-time furries need apply", and then add some more mutually exclusive options... witchhunters, monks, crusaders, gladiators, whatever - pick one out of the bunch, get one new skill line for your character, etc.

Hmmmmmm. Maybe in the next "Chapter" they could add a "Job" category of smaller skill lines like Vampirism (3 abilities, 4 passives). All of the passives would only benefit that Job's abilities (no "increase magic damage by 5%) like how they changed Fighters Guild.

Necromancer: Summon abilities for all classes.

Spell Sword: Requires wielding 1 one hander or shield for spells to work. Weapon in one hand with a spell in the other (mainly hybrid focused?). The spell damage could depend on the weapon (fire for axe, frost for mace, lightning for sword or whatever).

Monk: Extreme unarmed attack bonuses. (Yes would need a lot to off-set not having a weapon/set bonus or they could just add unarmed weapons).

A new class requires 3 ults, 15 abilities, and 12 passives all of which have to feel some kind of cohesion. This seems like a great alternative. AND it wouldn't require new characters.
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrobag wrote: »

So just because someone is of one specific race/religion/group and some members of said race/religion/group are evil and do bad things, that makes all of them evil? Damn necrophobes...

What is sense of fighting Mannimarco who supports your practics and aiding Vanus Galerion who fighting with others like you. Mages Guild don't allow members to be necromancers. It isn't like membership in Dark Brotherhood or Thieves Guild where most of ppl don't know about your membership. As necromancer everybody can see what dark spells you are casting. And Dunmer Ordinators should arrest you and kill you for that. Otherwise it's don't make any sense.
    PC/EU
  • SFDB
    SFDB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For now I recommend you corpse-o-philes to go play a nightblade with soul assault.
    We just care a lot. You can't spell "Necromancer" without "Romancer!"
  • Sarno
    Sarno
    That's a cute cat meme. I still think we need a heroic skill line expansion, something that involves the mass murder of vampires, werewolves, and daedra. We could call it Dawnguard. It could be mutually exclusive to the Vampire and Werewolf lines unlike Fighters Guild and represent a link to the Divines or somesuch. Every single expansion has had a villainous theme since Legerdemain came out (apart from Orsinium). It would be nice to see something go the heroic road for a change.

You have a heroic overload in every other fricking MMO out there, just look at WoW with it's constant "commanders, heroes, chosen ones etc..." , Final Fantasy XIV, Tera and such. Leave at least something untainted with heroism for Molag Bal's sake....

• Sergg007
    Sergg007
    ✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer will come!
  • woe
    woe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer is boring.

I want Sai Sahan's shoulders.
    uwu
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a Necromancer skill line would be interesting but a whole class? ...Hope not.
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tenor.gif
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vipstaakki wrote: »
    Why are people obsessed with necromancy? Why is it so special? I don't get it. Necromancer and druid were always my least favorite classes.

Because people like dark edgy stuff, same reason why vampire is loved so much and nightblade is everyone's first class seems like.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Extinct_Solo_Player
    Extinct_Solo_Player
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vipstaakki wrote: »
    Why are people obsessed with necromancy? Why is it so special? I don't get it. Necromancer and druid were always my least favorite classes.

That's the thing....you don't have to like it. But, other people do. You don't have to "get it". You also don't have to play it. What I don't get is why someone else enjoying something bothers so many other people it has absolutely no effect on..

https://i.imgur.com/Jty26u8.jpg
    Edited by Kel on January 2, 2018 3:15PM
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh PVP it will effect them.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And it will effect us in a sense that it could have been something better and thus, drops the value of the DLC to us
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer should be a world skill line, not another class please ZOS...
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • STORMCROW0707
    STORMCROW0707
    ✭✭
    Everstorm wrote: »
    Necromancy is illegal in Tamriel. So they should be killed on sight by guards (same should have been done with vampires and werewolves). I would like that but I'm guessing most ppl will complain about it till it's removed.

Necromancy is not illegal in Tamerial, it is frowned upon. The only place that has banned necromancy is Morrowind.

• Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    skill lines sounds like the best option. Or a body modification like werewolf or vampirism. If we talk about body modification, why not briarheart too? :d
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everstorm wrote: »
    Necromancy is illegal in Tamriel. So they should be killed on sight by guards (same should have been done with vampires and werewolves). I would like that but I'm guessing most ppl will complain about it till it's removed.

Necromancy is not illegal in Tamerial, it is frowned upon. The only place that has banned necromancy is Morrowind.

Alikir. Good luck finding someone there, that isnt hated, hunted, or outcast, that deals in Necromancy or kills the undead. It is highly taboo and very likely illegal
  • timborggrenlarsenb16_ESO
    Zordrage wrote: »
    urGL3hx.jpg

Never happen :/
    FFFRRREEEDDDOOOMMM!!!
    - Be Anyone.
    - Do Anything.
    - Go Anywhere.
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe I'm saying this but yes I would throw a couple bucks in there for new class or a new skill line as long as it's necromancy it will satisfy me even if they don't have Summerset Isles coming out for the next chapter.