The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS 3.1.0. Optimal weapo traits. For pvp and pve?

• LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jonno wrote: »
    Okay so just tested the Shadow mundus stone.

http://imgur.com/fxVhSZu

5 Hunding's, 5 TFS, 2 Kra'gh, vMA Bow, Infused/Precise front bar, Precise back bar, Shadow mundus.

So basically your choices for mundus stones this patch in PvE on Stam NB are: Lover and Shadow.

do a 6m dummy parse plz 3m are worthless

Nah, 3m parse is fine for testing.

No one does 6m sustained damage without group buffs and synergies in real PvE anyway.
  • theamazingx
    theamazingx
    ✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »

5 Hunding's, 5 TFS, 2 Kra'gh, vMA Bow, Infused/Precise front bar, Precise back bar, Shadow mundus.

So basically your choices for mundus stones this patch in PvE on Stam NB are: Lover and Shadow.

No one does 6m sustained damage without group buffs and synergies in real PvE anyway.

As far as comparing two things directly, a longer test is necessary to even out rng.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already have a cancer build in mind...
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    well. cmon. tell us !
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CavalryPK wrote: »
    Subversus wrote: »
    well. cmon. tell us !

I doubt it'll work very well, idk gotta test. Was thinking of going the route of oblivion on my dk, to give you sort of a hint...
  • Jonno
    Jonno
    ✭✭✭

As far as comparing two things directly, a longer test is necessary to even out rng.

this exactly 3m parses on stam is useless
    PC / EU
    |Chimaira
    |Thats What She Said
    |Call Of The Undaunted
    |Unfinished Business

TinkerBell - Orc Stamplar - Tick Tock Tormentor
    Aelin - Bosmer Stamplar - Tick Tock Tormentor
    Prıncess - Dunmer - Mag NB - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Cher Lloyd - Dunmer - Sorc - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Luna Lovegøød - Dunmer - Templar - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Leíghton - Redguard - Stam DK - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You even out RNG by doing a series of tests and taking an average.

The 6m test is not an accurate representation of real combat. No one, anywhere, ever, needs to do 6m damage with no support in group PvE (those who solo vet group content excluded, obviously).

The 3m dummy is a good representation of what you can do when you really need to hammer out the DPS (e.g., execute on The Mage on vAA HM).
    Edited by LiquidPony on July 11, 2017 9:44PM
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The 6m test is not an accurate representation of real combat. No one, anywhere, ever, needs to do 6m damage solo in group PvE (those who solo vet group content excluded, obviously).

The 3m dummy is a good representation of what you can do when you really need to hammer out the DPS (e.g., execute on The Mage on vAA HM).

Trial bosses last long enough to drop ultimates several times - just like you have to on a 6m dummy.

On a 3m one, you can drop a single Standard as a DK, that's not realistic by any mean.
    Edited by Asmael on July 11, 2017 9:45PM
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • ConnorWoods
    ConnorWoods
    ✭✭✭
    3m is fine depending on your buffs and your ultimate,

If you're a stam NB hitting 48k because of fracture and berserk, 3m isn't enough

However I feel like me as a stamplar with a 72 cost ulti and no fracture it can work

Also don't get carried away with dummys, it's supposed to be a tool to help you make a decision / perfect your rotation and shouldn't be taken as the word of god.
    Washed up player
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »

The 6m test is not an accurate representation of real combat. No one, anywhere, ever, needs to do 6m damage solo in group PvE (those who solo vet group content excluded, obviously).

Trial bosses last long enough to drop ultimates several times - just like you have to on a 6m dummy.

On a 3m one, you can drop a single Standard as a DK, that's not realistic by any mean.

Then do a test with your raid group on a Trials dummy?

DK with Standard is an edge case. Every other build has plenty of time to drop multiple ultis on a 3m dummy.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If you're a stam NB hitting 48k because of fracture and berserk, 3m isn't enough

However I feel like me as a stamplar with a 72 cost ulti and no fracture it can work

Also don't get carried away with dummys, it's supposed to be a tool to help you make a decision / perfect your rotation and shouldn't be taken as the word of god.

Not sure I follow that first part ... do I lose Fracture and Berserk on the 6m dummy?

The last sentence is exactly my point, though. The 3m dummy is sufficient to test one thing against another thing in a given build. When you go to the 6m dummy, you have to change your rotation.

Of course, if you have someone throwing shards/bubbles, running Worm, etc., then doing the 6m is fine ... just not really a good reason I can think of to do it solo, since your solo 6m rotation is likely not your actual DPS rotation.
  • caperon
    caperon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do the 25M by myself now and then. Best way to see the diference betwen 2 setups.
    Edited by caperon on July 11, 2017 9:56PM
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rataroto wrote: »
    For stamina in PvE:
    Lover or Shadow mundus stone, Infused Main-hand, Precise Off-hand, Precise Bow. Lover or Shadow depends, its basically 18.3% critical hit damage vs 8.4% overall damage increase. The traits are set in stone however, the BiS is very unlikely to be different from the above.

For stamina in PvP:
    As usual it depends on a lot of variables, including your opponents. Sharpened is most likely still the best trait for straight up damage (especially against tanky opponents), Precise and Nirnhoned are pretty good options for both offense and defense.
    However: Infused with a Poison Enchant and the Lover Mundus stone is basically a new Viper and if you manage to get enough penetration through your sets and CP, then this may very well be the new "cancer meta".

I'm not too sure about magicka in PvE (probably Precise and the Lover), but I think that for PvP, the same stuff applies as for stamina. #MagickaViper

why precise bow if it will be literally useless when u arive on main bar?
    I say Sharp Bow (backbar for magicka peeps as well)
    and sharp/infused or sharp/precise on main bar
    for magicka peeps maybe even sharp on staff too.

moral of the story: penetration is lower, tho penetration is king
    Sharp still King, good try ZOS

Because stam this patch can easilly overpenetrate in group content. This WILL be an issues for bis (remember OP asked for best, meaning best possible setup) precise will give him at least something wherass sharp will be a completely useless trait. You don't spend long on your back bar but you want to make your time there count for max dps output)

If you're not recieving debuffs from the tank or are solo play then sharpened is still the best choice for you.
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure I follow that first part ... do I lose Fracture and Berserk on the 6m dummy?

The last sentence is exactly my point, though. The 3m dummy is sufficient to test one thing against another thing in a given build. When you go to the 6m dummy, you have to change your rotation.

Of course, if you have someone throwing shards/bubbles, running Worm, etc., then doing the 6m is fine ... just not really a good reason I can think of to do it solo, since your solo 6m rotation is likely not your actual DPS rotation.

No but self buffing fracture/beserk won't happen in a trial an some of your super good parse will fade into obscurity with raid buffs because everyone will have them. I main a stamplar and 47k isn't hella special when I'm given fracture/combat prayer ;)
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think that doing 20 tests on the 3mil dummy is good enough to see which setup is better.

Lover + Infused/Precise Front and Precise Back = average of 45662.9; highest being 47031 and lowest being 43981

Shadow + Infused/Precise Front and Precise Back = average of 45670.2; highest being 47932 and lowest being 43252

Close to the point where it doesn't matter.

But if you guys insist I'll do 6mil dummies. The only problem with that is that there are many more factors interfering with the testing, namely sustain (number of heavy attacks vs light attacks), Leeching Strikes applications, etc. On the 3mil dummy I'm basically comparing identical rotations (same number of heavy attacks, same sequences), where the only variable is critical hits (which is why I did 20 tests each, which is not enough but a fairly good impression). My buff and debuff uptimes are literally the same on basically every one of those 40 parses. On a 6mil dummy that wouldn't be the case because the rotations will change from one parse to another depending on my stamina level. I could obviously spend a few hours finding a perfect rotation for the 6mil dummy with a set number of heavy attacks, etc. but if someone else wants to do it instead of me, please do.

Not that I can't sustain a 6mil dummy, I can and I pull 45.6k on it, its just less accurate for this kind of testing.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No but self buffing fracture/beserk won't happen in a trial an some of your super good parse will fade into obscurity with raid buffs because everyone will have them. I main a stamplar and 47k isn't hella special when I'm given fracture/combat prayer ;)

Ok, but ... what's your point? Every build has unique advantages that lead to higher parses, most of which are equalized with raid buffs. Your stamplar is getting Minor Fracture via a unique debuff that no other build gets, so who cares?

On a stamblade, you will be self-buffing Major Fracture and Minor Berserk. You'll also be getting those same buffs/debuffs from other sources, but you'll likely have higher uptime on Minor Berserk in many cases (e.g., formations where you aren't always standing in Combat Prayer). And a "super good parse" isn't going to "fade into obscurity." What does that even mean?

No idea what the point of that comment is, honestly. This isn't an e-peen contest. Solo parses are supposed to be about testing rotations, CP, gear, etc., not about cross-build comparisons.
    Edited by LiquidPony on July 11, 2017 10:32PM
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You sure? ;) Without Relentless Focus I'm pulling 43.9k on live. Because I'm not using Relentless, I also don't have my biggest "nuke" skill. My highest DPS with Relentless on live is 48.2k (which is about right considering that Minor Berserk gives you less than 8% due to it being additive with CP and Incap's 20% damage bonus and the execute damage bonus). So theoretically, on a stamplar you'd have to be pulling about 44k DPS to get to 48k with Minor Berserk (because they also have a % modifier some of their skills). I haven't seen any stamplar parses at 44k yet... I think highest I've seen was @ConnorWoods with 42.9k.

So Stam NB is higher in single target.

But obviously, although Stam NB is the highest in single target, it barely has any AoE contrary to Stamplar or Stam Sorc. Which is why it all evens out in the end.
    Edited by Izaki on July 11, 2017 10:32PM
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok, but ... what's your point? Every build has unique advantages that lead to higher parses, most of which are equalized with raid buffs. Your stamplar is getting Minor Fracture via a unique debuff that no other build gets, so who cares? And even so ... everything you just said is wrong. On a stamblade, you will be self-buffing Major Fracture and Minor Berserk. You'll also be getting those same buffs/debuffs from other sources, but you'll likely have higher uptime on Minor Berserk in many cases (e.g., formations where you aren't always standing in Combat Prayer). And a "super good parse" isn't going to "fade into obscurity." What does that even mean?

No idea what the point of that comment is, honestly. This isn't an e-peen contest. Solo parses are supposed to be about testing rotations, CP, gear, etc., not about cross-build comparisons.

EXACTLY!!!
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think that doing 20 tests on the 3mil dummy is good enough to see which setup is better.

Lover + Infused/Precise Front and Precise Back = average of 45662.9; highest being 47031 and lowest being 43981

Shadow + Infused/Precise Front and Precise Back = average of 45670.2; highest being 47932 and lowest being 43252

But if you guys insist I'll do 6mil dummies. The only problem with that is that there are many more factors interfering with the testing, namely sustain (number of heavy attacks vs light attacks), Leeching Strikes applications, etc. On the 3mil dummy I'm basically comparing identical rotations (same number of heavy attacks, same sequences), where the only variable is critical hits (which is why I did 20 tests each, which is not enough but a fairly good impression). My buff and debuff uptimes are literally the same on basically every one of those 40 parses. On a 6mil dummy that wouldn't be the case because the rotations will change from one parse to another depending on my stamina level. I could obviously spend a few hours finding a perfect rotation for the 6mil dummy with a set number of heavy attacks, etc. but if someone else wants to do it instead of me, please do.

Not that I can't sustain a 6mil dummy, I can and I pull 45.6k on it, its just less accurate for this kind of testing.

@IzakiBrotherSs appreciate the testing, nice work. Gold star for you.

Just to clarify ... this is still with 5 x TFS, 5 x Hunding's, 2 x Kra'gh?

Would you expect your DPS to increase slightly (500-1k maybe) with War Machine instead of Hunding's? I'm assuming you haven't been testing with War Machine due to a lack of the right weapons?
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Would you expect your DPS to increase slightly (500-1k maybe) with War Machine instead of Hunding's? I'm assuming you haven't been testing with War Machine due to a lack of the right weapons?

Thanks! About to start testing all the other setups I have in mind:
    – Lover/Shadow/Thief + Infused/Precise front, Precise back
    – Lover/Shadow/Thief + Precise front, Precise back
    – Lover/Shadow/Thief + Nirn/Precise front, Precise back
    – Lover/Shadow/Thief + Infused/Sharp front, Sharp back
    – Lover/Shadow/Thief + Precise/Sharp front, Precise back
    – Lover/Shadow/Thief + Precise/Sharp front, Sharp back
    – Lover/Shadow/Thief + Sharp front, Sharp back

So far I've only done the first weapon trait setup up and only 2 mundus stones out of 3. :confounded::cry::scream:

I don't really want to test War Machine because its another % increase (aka another variable and its also additive with my other % modifiers and I don't want to screw with that for now!) and because of the reason you mentioned. Plus I don't have War Machine on the live server YET. So I just test with the setup I use on the live server, and with the luck that I have, there are very high chances that I'll be still using it next patch. So Hunding's, TFS and Kra'gh it is! War Machine should theoretically add some DPS although I've got no idea how much. My only problem with that set is that I'll be losing 10% crit chance. And I already don't have too much of that (80%), so dropping it even lower may result in lower DPS in the end...
    Edited by Izaki on July 11, 2017 10:48PM
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So far I've only done the first weapon trait setup up and only 2 mundus stones out of 3. :confounded::cry::scream:

I don't really want to test War Machine because its another % increase (aka another variable and its also additive with my other % modifiers and I don't want to screw with that for now!) and because of the reason you mentioned. Plus I don't have War Machine on the live server YET. So I just test with the setup I use on the live server, and with the luck that I have, there are very high chances that I'll be still using it next patch. So Hunding's, TFS and Kra'gh it is!

I figured. I do have (on live) a Precise War Machine axe and a Sharpened War Machine Battle Axe ... but no luck getting the right DW weapons yet.

If you don't mind, could you share your live CP setup? And also, are you running 7 medium or 5/1/1 or 6/1?
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don't really want to test War Machine because its another % increase (aka another variable and its also additive with my other % modifiers and I don't want to screw with that for now!) and because of the reason you mentioned. Plus I don't have War Machine on the live server YET. So I just test with the setup I use on the live server, and with the luck that I have, there are very high chances that I'll be still using it next patch. So Hunding's, TFS and Kra'gh it is!

I figured. I do have (on live) a Precise War Machine axe and a Sharpened War Machine Battle Axe ... but no luck getting the right DW weapons yet.

If you don't mind, could you share your live CP setup? And also, are you running 7 medium or 5/1/1 or 6/1?

I've got an Infused mace and a Decisive sword (yeee bb) :lol:

Yep sure, running 6/1 full divines, all gold (except my Kra'gh heavy shoulder because I spent 3mil on flowers and am broke right now...)

66 Precise Strikes, 56 Mighty, 48 Thaum, 40 Master-at-Arms in trials. If your group doesn't run Crusher for whatever reason, take out 7 points out of Mighty and put them into Piercing.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think what people will do is use the mundas stone which compliments the drop they happen to get.

Got sharp? Probably use the thief.
    Got precise? Probably use the lover.

What other sets are you using? How do you want to balance your build?
    I really like the direction of these changes.
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    I think what people will do is use the mundas stone which compliments the drop they happen to get.

i like this answer. simple for simple minded folk like meh.
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For stamina in PvE:
    Lover or Shadow mundus stone, Infused Main-hand, Precise Off-hand, Precise Bow. Lover or Shadow depends, its basically 18.3% critical hit damage vs 8.4% overall damage increase. The traits are set in stone however, the BiS is very unlikely to be different from the above.

For stamina in PvP:
    As usual it depends on a lot of variables, including your opponents. Sharpened is most likely still the best trait for straight up damage (especially against tanky opponents), Precise and Nirnhoned are pretty good options for both offense and defense.
    However: Infused with a Poison Enchant and the Lover Mundus stone is basically a new Viper and if you manage to get enough penetration through your sets and CP, then this may very well be the new "cancer meta".

I'm not too sure about magicka in PvE (probably Precise and the Lover), but I think that for PvP, the same stuff applies as for stamina. #MagickaViper

Infused with a shield enchant?
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »

Pretty much this is what is going to happened. Although if I had to guess, I'd say that on organized groups, where penetration is granted we'll ser precise + shadow, or thief, with some cp on penetration
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So on a magicka nightblade my staff should be what now? And what of my swords in PvP?
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or just do a few tests on the 3 mil dummy...
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on July 12, 2017 8:18AM
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Or just do a few tests on the 3 mil dummy...

I'm planning on doing 20 per each setup i mentionned earlier... I think its enough, right? ^.^
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • ConnorWoods
    ConnorWoods
    ✭✭✭

You sure? ;) Without Relentless Focus I'm pulling 43.9k on live. Because I'm not using Relentless, I also don't have my biggest "nuke" skill. My highest DPS with Relentless on live is 48.2k (which is about right considering that Minor Berserk gives you less than 8% due to it being additive with CP and Incap's 20% damage bonus and the execute damage bonus). So theoretically, on a stamplar you'd have to be pulling about 44k DPS to get to 48k with Minor Berserk (because they also have a % modifier some of their skills). I haven't seen any stamplar parses at 44k yet... I think highest I've seen was @ConnorWoods with 42.9k.

So Stam NB is higher in single target.

But obviously, although Stam NB is the highest in single target, it barely has any AoE contrary to Stamplar or Stam Sorc. Which is why it all evens out in the end.

44K with only Major Fracture on Stamplar -Might- be doable if you absolutely cheese it, I did the 42.9k with Velidreth so obviously with Kr'agh and more into piercing so I cap the 3m with Fracture then I think it might be doable. However obviously this is complete cheese and I don't recommend it.
    Washed up player