Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS 3.1.0. Optimal weapo traits. For pvp and pve?

CavalryPK
CavalryPK
✭✭✭✭✭
With all the adjustments. Can we get some of the math gurus crunch numbers and tell us which trait is good for pvp and pve ?
THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • Siliziumdioxid
    Siliziumdioxid
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure Infused for One Handed Weapons
    So seems like your at an disadvantage when youre using a twohanded weapon
    Edited by Siliziumdioxid on July 11, 2017 1:12AM
    Guild: Ancaria
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For stamina in PvE:
    Lover or Shadow mundus stone, Infused Main-hand, Precise Off-hand, Precise Bow. Lover or Shadow depends, its basically 18.3% critical hit damage vs 8.4% overall damage increase. The traits are set in stone however, the BiS is very unlikely to be different from the above.

For stamina in PvP:
    As usual it depends on a lot of variables, including your opponents. Sharpened is most likely still the best trait for straight up damage (especially against tanky opponents), Precise and Nirnhoned are pretty good options for both offense and defense.
    However: Infused with a Poison Enchant and the Lover Mundus stone is basically a new Viper and if you manage to get enough penetration through your sets and CP, then this may very well be the new "cancer meta".

I'm not too sure about magicka in PvE (probably Precise and the Lover), but I think that for PvP, the same stuff applies as for stamina. #MagickaViper
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Rataroto
    Rataroto
    ✭✭✭✭
    For stamina in PvE:
    Lover or Shadow mundus stone, Infused Main-hand, Precise Off-hand, Precise Bow. Lover or Shadow depends, its basically 18.3% critical hit damage vs 8.4% overall damage increase. The traits are set in stone however, the BiS is very unlikely to be different from the above.

For stamina in PvP:
    As usual it depends on a lot of variables, including your opponents. Sharpened is most likely still the best trait for straight up damage (especially against tanky opponents), Precise and Nirnhoned are pretty good options for both offense and defense.
    However: Infused with a Poison Enchant and the Lover Mundus stone is basically a new Viper and if you manage to get enough penetration through your sets and CP, then this may very well be the new "cancer meta".

I'm not too sure about magicka in PvE (probably Precise and the Lover), but I think that for PvP, the same stuff applies as for stamina. #MagickaViper

why precise bow if it will be literally useless when u arive on main bar?
    I say Sharp Bow (backbar for magicka peeps as well)
    and sharp/infused or sharp/precise on main bar
    for magicka peeps maybe even sharp on staff too.

moral of the story: penetration is lower, tho penetration is king
    Sharp still King, good try ZOS
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I feel Nirnhoned and Precise are gonna be more popular this patch. I didn't realize nirnhoned gave more spell damage until I checked the PTS today. CP could cover most of the penetration if you put like 50 points into it. This patch is certainly going to breed more diversity in builds other than sharp weapons and the thief stone. With precise weapons, you could probably grab the apprentice or mage stone. More spell damage or magicka would be awesome.
    Edited by WuffyCerulei on July 11, 2017 1:40AM
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am suppose infused for tanks, or defending will work. Mind if you are doing dps tank then sharpened. For frost tanks charged would be good on frost staff for better proc of minor main. Maybe even decsive would be a good option for those blood spawn wearing tanks.

Healers really still have such freedom. If you are crunching numbers it's precise or powered. Powered for safest bet in increasing raw heals. Precise I would say for more dps oriteiented healer or ones who prefer to gamble. Infused is good for sustain and providing better debuff enchaments. Charged always useful and concussions from an lighting.I could see decsive be useful especially for low cost ult healers...warden and night blade or using set like laminas song. Nirn indirectly increasing heals from essence drain so especially good for nightblades or dual wielding healers. Well cases sharpened or might have usage...

Dps probably has more options. You don't have to have sharpened it seems. Would assume precise infused to be good options along so. Nirn maybe for those heavy attackers.

These are my thoughts.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rataroto wrote: »
    For stamina in PvE:

For stamina in PvP:

Sharp is useless. You replace sharpened with the Lover. It gives you 4.1k penetration vs 2.7k from sharpened. Sharpened is also useless on the back bar because you'll be overpenetrating on that bar which means you're wasting DPS while on the bow bar (and on most classes you're on the bow bar for about 40-50% of the time). Precise back bar on the other hand ensures that you have an even crit rate on both bars.

Right now on the PTS, I have 80% crit on a Redguard NB without the Thief mundus stone and I have 18k penetration without Sharpened.

Btw, Infused is already better than Sharp in Morrowind, and they are buffing Infused and nerfing Sharp, what does that tell you? :tongue:

Penetration is important, but Sharp is easily replacable.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    ... or defending will work...

You're absolutely right, tanks have a huge option now for enchants, though Defending is not needed on a heavy armor tank. I was at max resistances without CP in my current setup. Though I did put together a light armor tank that will benefit from Defending. I think a medium armor tank would benefit from Defending as well, but you'd likely want decisive on that for the ulti gen.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For stamina in PvE:

For stamina in PvP:

Sharp is useless. You replace sharpened with the Lover. It gives you 4.1k penetration vs 2.7k from sharpened. Sharpened is also useless on the back bar because you'll be overpenetrating on that bar which means you're wasting DPS while on the bow bar (and on most classes you're on the bow bar for about 40-50% of the time). Precise back bar on the other hand ensures that you have an even crit rate on both bars.

Right now on the PTS, I have 80% crit on a Redguard NB without the Thief mundus stone and I have 18k penetration without Sharpened.

Btw, Infused is already better than Sharp in Morrowind, and they are buffing Infused and nerfing Sharp, what does that tell you? :tongue:

Don't forget that crit's fairly easy to get on stam builds, and especially on NBs. Magblades are probably gonna do pretty well without the theif stone this patch too. Still figuring out damage stuff without sharp staves on my toons tho, so I can't quite say anything about that.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Minute_Waltz
    Minute_Waltz
    ✭✭✭
    In regards to pve, alkosh must make a return, either via tank or stam dps imo.

10k base (mag, or stam with tfs) with taunt, 3k alkosh, 3k cp, 1.5k crusher, 1.3k pol

mag go precise shadow, stam go infused/precise shadow
    edit: for solo just change shadow to lover
    Edited by Minute_Waltz on July 11, 2017 2:12AM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if Nirn will be back ? :)
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭

10k base (mag, or stam with tfs) with taunt, 3k alkosh, 3k cp, 1.5k crusher, 1.3k pol

I run a Torug/Alkosh tank.

TorugsTank.png
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Rataroto Adding on to what I said in my post answering your post :)

http://imgur.com/kjzhotC

Infused/Precise front bar, Precise back bar, 5 Hunding's, 5 TFS, 2 Kra'gh, Lover Mundus Stone, about 20 CP into penetration.

^ I'm 99% sure that's the BiS setup! :) Obviously, Hunding's is replacable with literally any other set, but as far as traits and mundus go, this looks like its sweet.

I also had 250 ping cause EU server :D Which is probably why its 1.2k behind my best score so far on the current patch!
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I run a Torug/Alkosh tank.

TorugsTank.png

Oh my...
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    For stamina in PvP:

hmmm, infused with poison enchant, with Morag Tong set....it's got me thinking. Wish i could test it but console pleb :(

Edited by revonine on July 11, 2017 2:55AM
  • Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets think about this for a second.. from a group perspective.

Choice A ) Sharpened Weapons and Thief = 2.7K pen + (9% + Divines, I dont know this number)
    Choice B ) Precise and Lover = 9% crit + 4.1k pen
    Theres other choices probably..

Now heres the thing, in Morrowind, lots of Tanks dropped Alkosh because it was unneccesary due to Spell Erosion/Piercing being more frontloaded. Now we lost, ~2.4k pen. If Tanks start using alkosh again. Sharpened + Alkosh = Last patchs Sharpened.

Something to test for group PvE
    Edited by Oompuh on July 11, 2017 3:00AM
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
  • Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

edit: for solo just change shadow to lover

You might just have something here..

18500 Base
    Major Breach = 18500 - 5280 = 13220
    Minor Breach = 13220 - 1320 = 11900
    Concentration = 11900 - 4884 = 7016
    Alkosh = 7016 - 3010 = 4006
    Crusher = 4006 - 1622 = 2384
    (Infused = 2384 - 487 = 1897)
    Add CP to taste.
    Edited by Oompuh on July 11, 2017 3:22AM
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oompuh wrote: »
    Lets think about this for a second.. from a group perspective.

Choice A ) Sharpened Weapons and Thief = 2.7K pen + (9% + Divines, I dont know this number)
    Choice B ) Precise and Lover = 9% crit + 4.1k pen
    Theres other choices probably..

Now heres the thing, in Morrowind, lots of Tanks dropped Alkosh because it was unneccesary due to Spell Erosion/Piercing being more frontloaded. Now we lost, ~2.4k pen. If Tanks start using alkosh again. Sharpened + Alkosh = Last patchs Sharpened.

Something to test for group PvE

I put a screenshot of a slightly modified choice B a little earlier in the thread :)http://imgur.com/kjzhotC

Another thing to consider, is the exact same traits, but with the Shadow mundus stone and a different CP setup. Testing it right now and it seems to be giving the exact same results as the Lover.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Infused/Precise front bar, Precise back bar, 5 Hunding's, 5 TFS, 2 Kra'gh, Lover Mundus Stone, about 20 CP into penetration.

^ I'm 99% sure that's the BiS setup! :) Obviously, Hunding's is replacable with literally any other set, but as far as traits and mundus go, this looks like its sweet.

I also had 250 ping cause EU server :D Which is probably why its 1.2k behind my best score so far on the current patch!

Is that a solo parse or a raid buffed parse?
    Edited by HatchetHaro on July 11, 2017 3:14AM
    Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Okay so just tested the Shadow mundus stone.

http://imgur.com/fxVhSZu

5 Hunding's, 5 TFS, 2 Kra'gh, vMA Bow, Infused/Precise front bar, Precise back bar, Shadow mundus.

So basically your choices for mundus stones this patch in PvE on Stam NB are: Lover and Shadow.

@ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Sensei_Brew
    Sensei_Brew
    ✭✭
    Decisive all day
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Is that a solo parse or a raid buffed parse?

@HatchetHaro
    Solo of course ;) I'm hitting 48.2k on live. This patch, with 250 ping, I'm consistenty hitting 47-48k. So I think that solo 50k single target will be possible if Horns of the Reach goes live in its current state.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nvm
    Edited by Oompuh on July 11, 2017 3:44AM
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
  • Rataroto
    Rataroto
    ✭✭✭✭
    For stamina in PvE:

For stamina in PvP:

sharp, still, the only, trait, that, caries, over, so backbar still sharp...
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For stamina in PvE:

For stamina in PvP:

Nirn does too.
  • Jonno
    Jonno
    ✭✭✭
    Okay so just tested the Shadow mundus stone.

http://imgur.com/fxVhSZu

5 Hunding's, 5 TFS, 2 Kra'gh, vMA Bow, Infused/Precise front bar, Precise back bar, Shadow mundus.

So basically your choices for mundus stones this patch in PvE on Stam NB are: Lover and Shadow.

do a 6m dummy parse plz 3m are worthless
    PC / EU
    |Chimaira
    |Thats What She Said
    |Call Of The Undaunted
    |Unfinished Business

TinkerBell - Orc Stamplar - Tick Tock Tormentor
    Aelin - Bosmer Stamplar - Tick Tock Tormentor
    Prıncess - Dunmer - Mag NB - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Cher Lloyd - Dunmer - Sorc - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Luna Lovegøød - Dunmer - Templar - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Leíghton - Redguard - Stam DK - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @HatchetHaro I found u again.
    Edited by WuffyCerulei on July 11, 2017 8:33AM
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For stamina in PvE:

For stamina in PvP:

Sharp carries over sure, but you don't need it to carry over because you have 18k penetration on both bars without it.

That's a really stupid reason to use Sharp, even Nirnhoned would be better.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Draqone
    Draqone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, on stamina you actually spend a large percentage of your time on the backbar. You need to recast 4 to 5 skills every ~11 seconds which means you are on the backbar some 30-40% of the time.
    ESO Balance:
    “All skills are equal, but some skills are more equal than others.”
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Draqone wrote: »
    Also, on stamina you actually spend a large percentage of your time on the backbar. You need to recast 4 to 5 skills every ~11 seconds which means you are on the backbar some 30-40% of the time.

I'd say more like 40-50% on the time for most classes. You've got at least 4 skills to apply: Trap, Hail, Caltrops and Injection.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • seedubsrun
    seedubsrun
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious to see some testing with other traits too. Probably not BiS type stuff but I'd like to see how say a charged Inferno staff does now that burning does about double damage now. Also, does that make Burning Spell Weave more universally useful again? Especially since Burning, concussion, etc scale off max stats and max damage. Also, because nirnhoned will increase spell damage on staves now by about 200 on gold, is there a good way to make Apprentice mundus work well with certain magic setups. I'm thinking a Charged inferno maelstrom staff, Apprentice mundus, and Nirnhoned lightning front bar with damage enchant. Seems like there would be a ton of damage there.