Maintenance for the week of September 2:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 2
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 3, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 4, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 4, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – September 4, 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Finally made it to the top of Red Mountain.

RSram
RSram
✭✭✭✭✭
Just started playing the Morrowind DLC and I was wondering if it were possible to climb Red Mountain and peek inside. Well yes it's possible, but it took awhile to figure out how to climb to the top due to the steepness of the Red Mountain. I came across several invisible walls that surround the top of the mountain and block access to the crater, but I did manage, after 30 minutes to find a route to the top In the following video, I only show the end of my journey. If you want me to post another video, of how I got to the mountain, let me know.

• dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha, pretty cool! Clearly you got past the dev attempts to keep you out of there, what with all the unfinished textures. Likely, they'll want to block the path you found.
  • RSram
    RSram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dpencil1 wrote: »
    Haha, pretty cool! Clearly you got past the dev attempts to keep you out of there, what with all the unfinished textures. Likely, they'll want to block the path you found.

I'm actually under the geometry and textures that you see when viewing Red Mountain from a distance.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Making the whole mountain inaccessible was a massive flub on the part of the developers.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good job . The Devs should of made a path and not made it a hassle . Players like to explore not be blocked off .
  • RSram
    RSram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Per several requests, here's a video of how to get there:

Once you get to the base of the mountain, and from the location of the OP'ed video, you should be able to figure out how I got to the top and inside Red Mountain.

Enjoy before the path to the mountain is closed in the next update.
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's weird to me it looks so incomplete. The devs must have known lots of players would try to reach the top, so either make it possible and look cool or make sure to block any route completely. They did neither. lol
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice. After seeing the title, I expected screenshots of you standing atop the scale model in the library in Vivec City, just to troll us all. This is much cooler.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh no, what have you done! Now the devs will punish us by throwing more boulders in the Eartheaten Cavern and taking all the flowers from Mathiisen Manor :#
    But seriously, what is a big deal with all that "trespassing"? Except the dungeons, Cyrodil and such, who cares if I want to banish my lazy toon into the lava pit of Red Mountain?
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Master Angler
  • RSram
    RSram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remag_Div wrote: »
    It's weird to me it looks so incomplete. The devs must have known lots of players would try to reach the top, so either make it possible and look cool or make sure to block any route completely. They did neither. lol

I never finished Morrowind to the point where I got close to the foot of Red mountain, but just the area that I explored in old Morrowind game seems much larger than in the ESO version. In fact, after spending several hours exploring ESO Morrowind, it seems the developers wasted a lot of space that could have been used for more quests and Easter eggs.

To save resources, it's common for developers not to waste resources on things that the player is supposed to never see, so therefore the area around the foot of Red mountain is so bland. I can't fault the developers on this; I just think that they wasted an opportunity to fully recreate Morrowind to the scale that every Elder Scroll fan remembers.
  • Baconfat79
    Baconfat79
    ✭✭✭✭
    So much untapped potential here. There should be an achievement (with a new dye) or some cool Easter Egg when you reach the top. I found my way up there as well, but it seemed rather anti-climactic when I made it after over an hour of trying, and nothing happened.
    Edited by Baconfat79 on July 9, 2017 6:20AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RSram wrote: »

Once you get to the base of the mountain, and from the location of the OP'ed video, you should be able to figure out how I got to the top and inside Red Mountain.

There is a way to get up there without streak too.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on July 9, 2017 6:36AM
  • John_1999
    John_1999
    ✭✭✭
    ESO's Dev's at its best :P
    Magicka Templar: Tammi von Tamriel
    Stammina Templar: John James Smith

-Current CP: 3601-

-Just a noob in a world full of pro's.-
    -There is no bussines like lag bussines-
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucky, I gave it a go for a couple hours but couldn't find a single place that I could bypass the invisible walls.

Y'know I understand there being walls to keep from you going out of the edges of a map, but Vvardenfell's an island, why should we be kept from exploring the Mountain, even if there isn't anything there? I'd like to at least visit the Caldera.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • RSram
    RSram
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is a way to get up there without streak too.

I may be possible as I only tried climbing one side of the mountain until I made it to the top. The biggest problem is to get through the barrier blocking access to the base of Red mountain. In my video, I relied on streaking to bypass those areas that I didn't think I could jump over. I may be possible to use the same path that I used by just jumping, but I'm just too lazy to try because streaking is just too easy and faster.
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    very cool :)

I remembered that Rich told me at the preview of Morrowind in London that it will be possible to climb the red mountain and finally you got it, very nice! :)
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wake Dagoth-Ur up and kill him before Nerevarine is born. Take Kagrenac's tools from Vivec, use them on Lorkhan's Heart and kill everybody in Cyrodiil.
    PC/EU
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone at zos probably hate you
    Signature

• Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/342095/vvardenfell-out-of-the-map

this map is broken . May 5 , on the PTS during the NDA .
    Same thing for VHof and the Clock work city during the main quest ... they are all broken and you can get out of the map with the streak . ( of course the Vhof video is currently in the hand of zenimax )
    Edited by Apherius on July 9, 2017 10:57AM
  • br0steen
    br0steen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has this been patched?
  • Americanfunguy
    Americanfunguy
    ✭✭✭
    This is awesome. Thanks
    Flawless Conqueror 6 times over.
    All HM clears and PvE titles - Angler.
    PvP all factions.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is pretty cool. props to you, OP. ZOS wouldve gotten cool points for putting an easter egg in there like dagoth ur pacing around noninteractable
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just started playing the Morrowind DLC and I was wondering if it were possible to climb Red Mountain and peek inside. Well yes it's possible, but it took awhile to figure out how to climb to the top due to the steepness of the Red Mountain. I came across several invisible walls that surround the top of the mountain and block access to the crater, but I did manage, after 30 minutes to find a route to the top In the following video, I only show the end of my journey. If you want me to post another video, of how I got to the mountain, let me know.

You're a rock star!
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if this is still possible to do? I've been trying forever but I can't ever seem to get to the point of the OP's video. And I've tried tons.
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes it is but there's new invisible walls. You can still get up there but from many angles it's blocked if you wanna actually step in the lava.

@mayasunrising
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait 5+ years to get it fixed, they're still busy polishing the crown store.
    "Monsters doesn't exist, we create them"
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Just look at the enormous unused landmasses. What a waste of space :neutral:
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »

Just look at the enormous unused landmasses. What a waste of space :neutral:

Putting more assets in those spaces uses more memory, and they explained they did as much as they could fit in. Its why we dont go to Sheogorad to the north, they said if they included that island then theyd have gone over the limit.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think developers should use these things as a chance to hide something special when a player made get in such special places, it would make the game more fun!
  • mxxo
    mxxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    teladoy wrote: »
    I think developers should use these things as a chance to hide something special when a player made get in such special places, it would make the game more fun!

Would be rly nice! I remember how i tried to jump on all higher mountains in Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim ;D
    Edited by mxxo on January 25, 2019 10:02AM
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile Red Mountain is still gone from my Amaya Lake Lodge view, which has been reported for like 1-2 years and still nothing has been done about it... if they block Red Mountain access due to this post I will rage cause instead of taking care of bug that lasted for a year they would rather place invisible walls sigh...
    Edited by Jamdarius on January 25, 2019 10:34AM