The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

KodiPvP, how does he do it?

• Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Telel wrote: »

1) Situational Awareness:

Is also one of the more difficult skill sets to learn in an open world PVP environment. No amount of advice helps with this, it's all experience.

....but to those who master it? Yeah, you've seen what that is like. It's frightening.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on May 25, 2017 2:25PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like builds that can 1vX without LoS
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trial by error is a good way to learn how to be better in general and having player's that are better show you the ropes.

You also can't be afraid to die like you're trying to protect a KD, just instilling that into your head will give you a sense of calmness in outnumbered fights. You need that calmness in those situations or you'll overthink which leads to doing the wrong thing and burning unnecessary resources. Knowing when you messed up is key too, sometimes I die & respawn telling myself I shouldn't have done that or even watch clips that I came out the victor BUT still notice I messed up.

When I started at launch as a Templar which wasn't in the greatest spot I learned from transfers, still got stomped even though I was always a contender for emperor or emperor.

Eventually I broke off from the usual and started looking for outnumbered fights, I would go to campaigns where I was gated or damn near.
  • ChairGraveyard
    ChairGraveyard
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP - the answer is macroing animation canceling to spam skills. Because the game doesn't network animation cancelled delays properly, you can land multiple skills against other players at once, even if they appear to have delays between them on your own client.

In this way you can land 5+ skills on an enemy in less than a second and they will see *ZERO* animation, then be instantly dead.

I don't personally do this because I consider it cheating, but it's incredibly common in PvP.
    Edited by ChairGraveyard on May 25, 2017 6:05PM
  • MrBeatDown_
    MrBeatDown_
    ✭✭✭
    OP - the answer is macroing animation canceling to spam skills. Because the game doesn't network animation cancelled delays properly, you can land multiple skills against other players at once, even if they appear to have delays between them on your own client.

In this way you can land 5+ skills on an enemy in less than a second and they will see *ZERO* animation, then be instantly dead.

I don't personally do this because I consider it cheating, but it's incredibly common in PvP.

I agree with this. I see it all the time with the "Top Tier" pvp players. They seem to have the best ping in the game too.These guys can consistently and consecutively do the same burst damage and wipe multiple people all day long. And its the very same people that continue to do this patch after patch. Maybe its time to "Patch" it.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will add that Creeping Ravage Health poisons are the biggest offender for desyncing peoples health. The Lighting staff used to be the biggest offender with this and it took ZOS two years to get around to fixing it.

Creeping Ravaging Health can make it "appear" someone is macro you but in reality your just Health desync so bad you die so easily because of it.

Until ZOS fixes it there isn't much you can do, usiny them now that you know this is a grey area. Everyone has to be their own person play under terms they are ok with. I won't sway your decision either way, it's your choice to decide for yourself.

I am just putting this out there so you know why sometimes you just die to what appears to be macro when in reality it's probably just Creeping Ravage Health poisons desuncing your health
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of opinions here. And many private messages pointing out the many. many cheaters in PvP too.

Yes, the skill is obvious and I do give props to all the pro streamers...

What I am still wondering is how do you/anybody not die when so many enemies are focusing on you?

The guy is specc'ed for damage. Not tank and not healing. Hello 3k weapon damage.

No pocket healer no pocket helper.

Only purge available to a Dragonknight is from Alliance skill line and that was not slotted.
    I was expecting some scientific answer on this like: combo troll hunter with perfectly timed drink potion, and ultimate...
    but no, nothing.

When you see someone health go all the way to almost dead, bounce back up to full and then continue to yo-yo...

Is that just lag? He's got Igneous shield and Vigor and potions. That's it. And he is damage specc'ed.

He is not wearing Orgnums.. he's wearing Warrior Fury and Werewolf Hide.

He is Vampire, but Vampire ultimate was not slotted. Only the occasional use of shuffle.

Rarely if ever CC'ed.

Many people have sent messages regarding special hacks and lag switches. I don;t know. Anything is possible.

Pro players certainly have an incentive to "win by any means necessary" Cause, hey winning = subscribers = $$$

Maybe if someone were making tutorial videos where you start/stop and explain key moments... like hey! see that 10 guys all dropped bombs on me.. but look-- here is damage parse and they are all noobs with super low damage. that is why I can live through it all. Continue video... stop - hey! see that.. I using LoS to advantage... continue... Hey! see that..

Maybe is just normal everyday lag... who can say really...

Edited by TankHealz2015 on May 25, 2017 10:39PM
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You already answered half of your question. He barely gets CC'ed... Any streamer, really... He's fighting potatoes. Two coordinated players would mean instant death during CC.
    But he's a good player, no doubt.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of opinions here. And many private messages pointing out the many. many cheaters in PvP too.

What I am still wondering is how do you/anybody not die when so many enemies are focusing on you?

The guy is specc'ed for damage. Not tank and not healing. Hello 3k weapon damage.

Only purge available to a Dragonknight is from Alliance skill line and that was not slotted.
    I was expecting some scientific answer on this like: combo troll hunter with perfectly timed drink potion, and ultimate...
    but no, nothing.

When you see someone health go all the way to almost dead, bounce back up to full and then continue to yo-yo...

Is that just lag? He's got Igneous shield and Vigor and potions. That's it. And he is damage specc'ed.

He is Vampire, but Vampire ultimate was not slotted. Only the occasional use of shuffle.

Rarely if ever CC'ed.

Many people have sent messages regarding special hacks and lag switches. I don;t know. Anything is possible.

Pro players certainly have an incentive to "win by any means necessary" Cause, hey winning = subscribers = $$$

Maybe if someone were making tutorial videos where you start/stop and explain key moments... like hey! see that 10 guys all dropped bombs on me.. but look-- here is damage parse and they are all noobs with super low damage. that is why I can live through it all. Continue video... stop - hey! see that.. I using LoS to advantage... continue... Hey! see that..

Don't have to be built to heal or tank to go from near death to full, it's the fact damage & healing are intertwined rather than separate.

Though people have been playing awhile a lot of people still don't know how the game works, the math format or the mechanics entirely.
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Years of dueling other good players constantly and minimizing his group size in open world to push his limits. Open-minded self-criticism and an urge to simply be excellent at the game to motivate him. Testing to dissect and learn about game mechanics and networking with other knowledgeable players who do the same to stay informed and ahead of the meta.

Also the below comment is untrue and not how the game works at all. This person is a fitting example of how not to think if you want to improve at the game.

Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also the below comment is untrue and not how the game works at all. This person is a fitting example of how not to think if you want to improve at the game.

Are you claiming that no players use macros? I'm not questioning anyone's skill. But I have heard players talking about macroing light attacks, synergies, etc. So it makes me wonder if someone is actually pressing each key rapidly...or have they figured out the right timing to macro two or more skills together.
  • cameron90_ESO
    cameron90_ESO
    ✭✭

but no, nothing.

Rarely if ever CC'ed.

DK's can block a lot and have good healing (especially in heavy armor).
    Also... Sword/Board Ult (Spell Wall): Reinforce your shield, allowing you to automatically block all attacks at no cost and reflect all projectiles cast at you for 6 seconds. -- and it's cheap.

Get's resources back via regen, constitution passive from heavy armor, Igneous Shield, ults, heavy attacks. Plus he is generating ultimate very quickly with his build.

With Fury his weapon damage will shoot up above 4k.

See his build here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozD-BPprF_E
  • Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EIsmvB9lvIQ

I just want to post this for 1 reason:

There is only 1vX if u fight "bad players", this hasnt to do anything with CP. In the video there were many 600cp guys.

I do this (killing 5-10 of my own) very offen in cyro, meanwhile I can name u 2 decent players and wont have any change to win..
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Torbschka wrote: »
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EIsmvB9lvIQ

I just want to post this for 1 reason:

There is only 1vX if u fight "bad players", this hasnt to do anything with CP. In the video there were many 600cp guys.

I do this (killing 5-10 of my own) very offen in cyro, meanwhile I can name u 2 decent players and wont have any change to win..

Many "2" but ur point is true the only 1vX is against bad players wrong build no impen or no cc or are use to a healer keeping them alive.
  • Rayste
    Rayste
    ✭✭✭
    Watch the streams. Listen to things/sounds going on in the background ..... I wouldn't come out and say that macros or exploiting are happening because that would be naming and shaming and a TOS violation. You can judge for yourself.
    The Teach - AD Templar
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    First of all Kodi is one of the best, (if not the best) players since the dawn of humankind .

BUT....

Don't trust all video's you see. I don't say all of them are doing it, but most are faking or editing (for your watch pleasure).

If I play a magblade the following happens:

1: I attack anyone 10 other NB's pop out of hiding and gank me instead
    2: With same setup I hit like a wet noodle because everybody wears HA
    3: I die in 2-3 shots even with full impen (wearing 5 LA)
    4: If I cloak, suddenly everybody has detection potions, cast radiant magelight, farts flares and drop caltrops like it was fireworks
    5: I get constantly rooted/snared or perma locked down wihout being able to break free

If I see streamers it goes like

1: They gank and are 99% successful with no other players suddenly popping out
    2: They hit like a truck because nobody they attack seem to either wear HA, impenetrable or are buffed up
    3: They can take a ton of damage and heal to full while I get skill executed (impale etc) when less then 25%
    4: They cloak and all other players wander around aimlessly as they don't know where the streamer suddenly is
    5: They seem immune and always have full stamina to break free

Also, they edit a lot of failed attempts out because if I would make a video with me dying constantly would not be fun to watch.

That said, some players (Kodi, Blobsky and some more) are just awesome players who really put much time and effort in creating a unique build.
    I also create my own builds (I play how I want) but they are not as effective because I am stubborn (I refuse to use staffs as magblade and therefore heal with magblade skills and attack dual wield melee range.) and want to keep my build that used to work pre 1.6.

If you want to win you have to go with the meta.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • ViciousBunnii
    ViciousBunnii
    ✭✭✭

Ah. So this is why I die instantly. -_-
    PC/NA

Forever salty about the Shadow Rider Senche
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    hours and hours of playing experience?

I saw a video of Kena on NA server (@Nightblademechanics), killing like 20 people zerg only by himself, was fun :smiley:

Edited by altemriel on November 7, 2017 7:53PM
  • Jurand80
    Jurand80
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kena <3
  • Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    hours and hours of playing experience?

I saw a video of Kena on NA server, killing like 20 people zerg only by himself, was fun :smiley:

Gankbuild or is heavy armor mag NB?
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hahaha wow

Come on, do people seriously think this kind of stuff?

• Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valencer wrote: »

Hahaha wow

It's easier to blame whatever rather than admit own mistakes and bad game.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Mustard
    Mustard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ashamray wrote: »

Hahaha wow

You mean bad players like yourself that don't understand the real game mechanics.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno how has this not been closed for naming and shaming?
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mustard wrote: »
    Ashamray wrote: »

Hahaha wow

You mean bad players like yourself that don't understand the real game mechanics.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno how has this not been closed for naming and shaming?

Yes, I mean the terribad players like myself that have never faced 5 skills in a second, playing pvp for years, meanwhile someone claims that it is "incredibly common".
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭
    THIS ---

[/quote]

DK's can block a lot and have good healing (especially in heavy armor).
    Also... Sword/Board Ult (Spell Wall): Reinforce your shield, allowing you to automatically block all attacks at no cost and reflect all projectiles cast at you for 6 seconds. -- and it's cheap.

Get's resources back via regen, constitution passive from heavy armor, Igneous Shield, ults, heavy attacks. Plus he is generating ultimate very quickly with his build.

With Fury his weapon damage will shoot up above 4k.

See his build here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozD-BPprF_E[/quote]

WOW, just watched this video. THANKS!!!

This was an excellent video. He didn't simply say what he is wearing but he explained why and how it works in different situations. Strength and Weakness. That is a key factor in understanding.

Key Point: he drops that re arming trap at the tree/choke point BEFORE he pulls people back to fight. And he specifically dropped it in a choke point (note to self. no more throwing the traps around willy nilly.)

Key Point: his Champ Points are set better than mine... I never put points into Break Free...hence out of stamina when the steady onslaught of Tremor Scale, Talons, Petrify, etc.etc.etc... I will adjust my champion points.

Key Point: I have Werewolf. I never knew how awesome those Vampire passives are!!! Reduce incoming damage, there you go! I will stay WW cause I like it, but understanding the difference is important.

Key Point: there are now three Champion Point options to increase your physical damage: Physical Weapon Expert, Master at Arms, and Mighty. I truly got confused on this--(WTF is the difference..?) but he focused mostly in Master and a little bit into Mighty. Probably I should adjust...

Key Point: he looks like a bounder at a rough and tumble biker bar... +4 intimidation skill. lol

Excellent video!!! Thanks KODIPvP!
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude, why you give secrets away?

The common player doesnt want to know this stuff, they just want to roll out with a group hit some keeps, zerg a bit. Nothing wrong with that for casuals.

But you give them the technical reality then, well just stop it will ya? or you get the eye poke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP5lWQH7uFQ
    Edited by Malic on May 26, 2017 12:56PM
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭
    This is hilarious!!!! 100% TRUTH.

"
    If I play a magblade the following happens:

1: I attack anyone 10 other NB's pop out of hiding and gank me instead
    2: With same setup I hit like a wet noodle because everybody wears HA
    3: I die in 2-3 shots even with full impen (wearing 5 LA)
    4: If I cloak, suddenly everybody has detection potions, cast radiant magelight, farts flares and drop caltrops like it was fireworks
    5: I get constantly rooted/snared or perma locked down wihout being able to break free

If I see streamers it goes like

1: They gank and are 99% successful with no other players suddenly popping out
    2: They hit like a truck because nobody they attack seem to either wear HA, impenetrable or are buffed up
    3: They can take a ton of damage and heal to full while I get skill executed (impale etc) when less then 25%
    4: They cloak and all other players wander around aimlessly as they don't know where the streamer suddenly is
    5: They seem immune and always have full stamina to break free
    "

Awesome!!!!
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭
    WOW-OMG!!!!

Somebody above posted a mention to "Blobsky". So I found him on you tube and watched a video.

The video is called "Tank Spank Remastered" -- it's a one shot killer assassin type build.

Blobsky explains the use of the 2 handed ultimate- although he uses the morph that refunds 100% of ultimate if you get a kill shot.

KEY Point : 2 Handed Weapon ultimate: if you chose Berserker Rage- than you are IMMUNE to CC effects for 8 seconds! Holy Cow this is HUGE and this definitely explains why KodiPvP almost never gets CC'ed.

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Two-Handed+Skills

Why you guys never mention this factor?

2 Handed ultimate + immmovable potions + occassional shuffle + occassional dodge roll/break free = almost never see KodiPvP get CC'ed.

Wow, feels like learning more in two days of this thread than the while 2 plus years of playing the game...

EDIT: oh snap he does not use the 2 Handed ultimate. But still and great discovery.

Edited by TankHealz2015 on May 26, 2017 2:22PM
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Play a stamina
    Chug immov pots

/Yawn
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• EdmundTowers
    EdmundTowers
    ✭✭✭
    He has a dojo and trains in it everyday.
    Co GM of Imperium of the Eagle, PvP Guild NA PC, ~Aldmeri Dominion~
    Tyrael Allynna Aldmeri Magplar
This discussion has been closed.