The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Campaigns for Morrowind

• WRX
    WRX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Rianai wrote: »
    Emothic wrote: »
    When you work long hours in a factory and get 1 hour of free time a day to play a game. It becomes very hard to progress Champion points in order to remain competitive in a game. So yes, it is hard work to earn CP when you don't have the free time to earn them.
    Sp no cp PvP basically removes the need for "hard work" in oder to remain competitive and have fun. Isn't that a good thing?
    Yes. It means the distinction between players is based on player skill, not on raw power. Which is certainly a good thing.

I don't agree with this at all. As someone mentioned, non-CP is essentially proc sets, insane burst from ultis (worst than CP), and poison procs. Siege is OP, but I dont entirely mind that to some degree. Its going to get worse however.

Additionally, ZoS just did a complete re-work on the CP system, not only making the overall power creep lower, but also front loading and combining some of the most vital CP lines, and normalizing all resources after 300CP. They actually did a good job. At this point discussing "raw power" of a player seems nearly irrelevant. If you have 300cp, chances are you would fair better in CP than non-CP. Even 200. If you are at 100, then well RIP, see you in skyreach.

They have attempted to build the game around CP, making changes to sustain to try and balance with Morrowind as well. Now, CP in Morrowind plays more like non-CP of today. The non-CP we will have will feel unbalanced outside of a small-scale setting.
    Edited by WRX on May 17, 2017 9:55PM
    Decibel GM

GLUB GLUB
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ADarklore wrote: »
    What I think sucks is that those of us who only go to Cyrodiil for the delves and skyshards, we're pretty much limited to Vivec unless we want to really struggle with every PvE battle. I know last time I went through delves on non-CP campaign it was a royal pain just to get down the delve and back up- whereas switching over to a CP campaign- the battles became more like regular open-world delves. In all honesty, I wish they would just offer a PvE-only Cyrodiil so those of us who have no interest in PvP can go to do regular PvE quests, delves and anchors without worrying the entire time about being ganked and then forced to rez at some some far-off wayshrine.

Nope.
    Edited by apostate9 on May 17, 2017 10:33PM
  • llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    @Stridig "Those people have clearly never had a hard days work in their life" your words not mine.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    llSRRll wrote: »
    @Stridig "Those people have clearly never had a hard days work in their life" your words not mine.

What people though? You can't clip a portion out to fit your argument. Everybody here can read. The point of my conversation with you is that there is no need to be rude and condescending to people. It's ok if you don't like my statement. You don't have to be a tough guy to earn respect around here.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a lot of people will play no cp due to battlegrounds being no cp. No swapping builds between cyrodiil and battlegrounds.
  • Yung_deezy818
    Yung_deezy818
    ✭✭
    So *** everyone on ps4 na who likes 7 day cp camps is what your saying right? Why does xbox get a 7 day cp but pc and ps4 don't please explain
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So *** everyone on ps4 na who likes 7 day cp camps is what your saying right? Why does xbox get a 7 day cp but pc and ps4 don't please explain
    We have more players.
  • Yung_deezy818
    Yung_deezy818
    ✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »
    We have more players.

Sounds stupid af to gimp the rest servers on no 7 day cp
  • polarbehr76
    polarbehr76
    ✭✭
    these names and changes suck
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have more players.

Not really its obvious if you think about it the other servers don't have enough players to house another server.
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am one of those wimps who's already used to non-CP campaigns, and I get the fact that there is Vvardenfell DLC hype, but... the Tribunal and a couple of Atmoran gods? Names a bit more neutral or related to Cyrodiil would probably be more fitting.
  • Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am concerned at how this is going to affect IC in Had. This is a great place to go to farm telvar and do small scale PVP.

With the loss of CP, bosses and mobs will be 50%+ more dangerous, meaning you will need more people to kill them and telvar gaining rates will be lower.

I see this promoting zerging in IC, and the price of all IC sets skyrocketing because telvar will be harder to come by.

Another unintended side effect is some telvar farmers will move from had to TF since it is the only CP. This will cause even longer ques and cause population in balance for factions that have a lot of players in IC.
    Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
    Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
    Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
    friendship - integrity - perseverance
  • Paganini
    Paganini
    ✭✭✭
    I like this change.. You guys are simply not able to balance the cp's.
    But one important question:

When will you fix/nerf proc-sets then?! Currently everyone knows, proc-sets are absolutly OP an No-CP campaign.

Also posions are to strong currently. For example imagine fighting in BG's 4vs4vs4.. That means in the worst case there are 8 enemys all playing with those pervert tri-posions...
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    llSRRll wrote: »
    When you work long hours in a factory and get 1 hour of free time a day to play a game. It becomes very hard to progress Champion points in order to remain competitive in a game. So yes, it is hard work to earn CP when you don't have the free time to earn them.
    Sp no cp PvP basically removes the need for "hard work" in oder to remain competitive and have fun. Isn't that a good thing?
    Yes. It means the distinction between players is based on player skill, not on raw power. Which is certainly a good thing.
    Again it's an MMO your suppose to be rewarded for playing more. If you want a game that only rewards button mashing fastest go play COD.
    Your reward for playing PvP is AP, resulting in new items, leaderboards, AvA rank, and the advancement of the PvP skill lines. There's a reason that you're given the opponent's AvA rank rather than their CP level in death recap. (It's because their level is not supposed to be as significant as their rank.)

Edited by Enodoc on May 18, 2017 10:07AM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WRX wrote: »

I don't agree with this at all. As someone mentioned, non-CP is essentially proc sets, insane burst from ultis (worst than CP), and poison procs. Siege is OP, but I dont entirely mind that to some degree. Its going to get worse however.

Additionally, ZoS just did a complete re-work on the CP system, not only making the overall power creep lower, but also front loading and combining some of the most vital CP lines, and normalizing all resources after 300CP. They actually did a good job. At this point discussing "raw power" of a player seems nearly irrelevant. If you have 300cp, chances are you would fair better in CP than non-CP. Even 200. If you are at 100, then well RIP, see you in skyreach.

They have attempted to build the game around CP, making changes to sustain to try and balance with Morrowind as well. Now, CP in Morrowind plays more like non-CP of today. The non-CP we will have will feel unbalanced outside of a small-scale setting.

Outside of farming new players which automatically migrate to noCP when they start PvPing often, you mean :p

When I played no-CP, that's almost all it was. Farming the new players. Players who don't even know how to CC break. Just use your OP sets on them and they melt. And, let's be honest, this is what has ultimately attracted most people to noCP often enough. It feels "balanced" because you farm new players and pvers nonstop, you make massive AP, and it's pretty fun and easy to ignore all other issues going on with the game. Hey, I like farming them too, but at least in CP I can fight actual "veteran" players too as the majority.

If ZoS wants to remove CP from PvP they need to do it right. They need to actually rebalance PvP and separate it from PvE finally. Because just removing a system that is now tied to all core mechanics of the game is extremely lazy.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Vivec is the new TF ?
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So Vivec is the new TF ?

Yup, just with new and improved queue times.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »
    So Vivec is the new TF ?

Yup, just with new and improved queue times.

Don't want to go setting home as the wrong one now :P
  • WRX
    WRX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DisgracefulMind

Yes for sure lol
    Decibel GM

GLUB GLUB
  • Yung_deezy818
    Yung_deezy818
    ✭✭
    We have more players.

Not really its obvious if you think about it the other servers don't have enough players to house another server.

They easily do when there's only 1 cp camp lol. Most prefer cp play vs no cp only 1 cp camp plenty of room for 1 cp 7 day too
  • Crom_CCCXVI
    Crom_CCCXVI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can only speak for PS4,.

NO ONE PLAYS NON CHAMP POINT CAMPAIGNS, the zero bars means "Empty" right?

I'm assuming you've increased the capacity of the servers, because on Friday night when the que for Vivec is 200+ people, and we are waiting an hour to get in, I'll probably just quit your game.. (especially after it crashes, and I get knocked to the back of your Que again)
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have more players.

They easily do when there's only 1 cp camp lol. Most prefer cp play vs no cp only 1 cp camp plenty of room for 1 cp 7 day too
    If there was enough room Zos would have added it.You don't have the population for it.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if ZOS looked at home campaign assignments to make this decision, rather than actual PvP participation.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • mwo1480
    mwo1480
    ✭✭✭✭
    New Campaigns (the following are for all Platforms, all Regions):
    • Almalexia - Ruleset: 7 day Non-Champ
    • Sotha Sil – Ruleset: 30 day Non-Champ
    • Vivec – Ruleset: 30 day Champ
    • Kyne – Ruleset: 7 day lvl10-49 Non-Champ

In addition to the above, Xbox NA will also have the following Campaign added:
    • Shor – Ruleset: 7 day Champ

Why is Xbox NA the only one getting a 7 day champ campaign??? it's a bit unfair!!
    I loved the 7day champ on eu pc server, now i have to go 30 champ wich i dont want as i dont do pvp so many days,
    or go 7 day non champ wich sucks, well pvp is ruined for me but that isnt the problem (still love pve, just no more ap for me for gold trader),
    But just explain why only XBox NA gets a good fun campain, and not the rest
    eu/pc
    every char has a story

anne-susan ...breton sorch DC
    seline kay .... bosmer dk AD
    julia-noor ...bosmer temp DC
    elle wolf .... breton temp AD
    Mari-Lynn.... woodelf nb AD former empress
    Mari-chan... woodelf warden AD
    (and more chars)
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm ... well ... I already know what it's like to play a no CP campaign ... I am, however, curious to find out what a campaign will be like with the new/adjusted CP given all the skill / armor / resource nerfs. Maybe it will be fun, or maybe it will end up be dominated by those whose name(s) we will not mention.
  • EdmundTowers
    EdmundTowers
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

So I'm assuming the campaigns won't end at their regular times and instead they will end at the time the patch is implemented. If that's the case, can you tell us at what exact time will the patch be implemented on 5/22?
    Co GM of Imperium of the Eagle, PvP Guild NA PC, ~Aldmeri Dominion~
    Tyrael Allynna Aldmeri Magplar
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reading forums because I've been in queue 45 minutes. Guildies complaining lag is awful so I suspect I won't bother playing for long.

If no CP is the future, just rip the bandaid off already, because balancing proc sets, poisons, and one shot invisible cold fire siege in no CP shouldn't be delayed.
  • mvffins
    mvffins
    ✭✭✭
    \

I believe during the last update XBOX NA had two 7 day camp campaigns removed and now we have 2 pop locked 7 day champ campaigns, and not just pop-locked for one faction, usually 2 or all 3 factions at once.

I'm surprised though that other platforms or regions aren't getting a 7 day champ either...does this mean that Xbox NA has a the biggest playerbase or most active pvp atm?
    Edited by mvffins on May 22, 2017 3:53AM
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Training traits in the gear from RotW emails makes me sad :(
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • Ammene
    Ammene
    Soul Shriven
    Vivec is completely unplayable in EU. Three crashes in one hour.. Three server crashes where it sent every player to the character screen and there was a roll back. And Vivec was not even completely full that point.

Almalexia has no population, the 30 day no cp has no population. Is this maybe something ZOS should have considered? No?