The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Advice to DK players out there

• Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just deleted an alt to make another Mag DK...Don't think I'm done yet lol.
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    My suggestion make helping hands cap instead of a flat amount ....
    Major mending while shield holds minor mending after it drops lasting 5 seconds...
    I can live with battle roar
    How is battle roar working in PTS? If you have exactly 29500 stam what's the max your getting back?
    Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
    Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
    Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
    Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
    Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
    Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Moglijuana wrote: »
    Hmmm, after some complaining about the changes, I think I'll actually be fine next patch. Figured out a build that doesn't need regen and still hits like a truck B)

Just gota adapt man. It's going to be exciting seeing all the players who got carried by gear fail next patch lolol.

#dk4lyfe

What are you running? I've been using 7th legion and werewolf hide relying on battle roar to regen resources, also using mighty chiudon so I won't be wasting extra mag to keep spiked armor up. I've been looking everywhere to see how battleroar is working on the PTS
    Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
    Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
    Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
    Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
    Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
    Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC
  • Vosital
    Vosital
    ✭✭✭✭
    2018 and this post is still relevant. It's sad.
  • Nihility42
    Nihility42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vosital wrote: »
    2018 and this post is still relevant. It's sad.

StamDK is still top tier PvE. And you can wreck people in PvP with it too as long as they lose connection and go afk! It's a niche strat, but it works.
  • Bighanson
    Bighanson
    ✭✭
    they haven't got any money from me since the DK sustain nerf -.-
  • bigdavid11b16_ESO
    bigdavid11b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    DO NOT BUY THE EXPANSION
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -MAGICKA DKs will be ok in PvE, but in PVP this is going to hurt some but its the meta nerf that will hurt them...
    Magicka DK's are dead in PvE what do you mean they will be ok. They are unplayable, they require to be melee, they don't get as high damage as another Stamina so they are pointless to bring along and will just lower group DPS no matter how good you are with it. There is a cap that their damage capabilities can reach and it's not higher than any Stamina DPS
    Edited by Nifty2g on January 22, 2018 11:18PM
    #MOREORBS
  • Bighanson
    Bighanson
    ✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Magicka DK's are dead in PvE what do you mean they will be ok. They are unplayable, they require to be melee, they don't get as high damage as another Stamina so they are pointless to bring along and will just lower group DPS no matter how good you are with it. There is a cap that their damage capabilities can reach and it's not higher than any Stamina DPS
    *signed*
    and it's just not fun at all without sustain and these.. heavy attacks >.< no dmg, no sustain and with this update even more broken ...

• Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with your sentiment, but thread necromancy is a crime you know.

Don't feed the Dragur please folks.
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • Conduit0
    Conduit0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point I can only guess that the reason Zeni refuses to fix mDK sustain is because doing so would mean indirectly admitting they never bothered to test how the Morrowind across the board sustain nerfs would impact each class.
  • rustic_potato
    rustic_potato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those who main PVE mDKs make a mNB. That class is going to be ridiculous for atleast a couple of patches.
    I play how I want to.

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Conduit0 wrote: »
    At this point I can only guess that the reason Zeni refuses to fix mDK sustain is because doing so would mean indirectly admitting they never bothered to test how the Morrowind across the board sustain nerfs would impact each class.

it also broke stamDk sustain in PvP, badly. which was their intention anyways.
  • beetleklee
    beetleklee
    ✭✭✭✭
    For those who main PVE mDKs make a mNB. That class is going to be ridiculous for atleast a couple of patches.

Yup. Back to the ol' Alik'r dolmen rotation I go.
    PC NA
    CP 690

EP Dunmer MagDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer MagSorc Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Argonian DK Tank Level 50, Boethiah's Scythe
    EP Breton Templar Healer Level 50
    EP Khajiit StamDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer Magblade Level 50, Assistant Alienist
    EP Argonian Stamden Level 50, Lady of Misrule (pvp)
    EP Dunmer Stamblade Level 50
    DC Redguard Stamplar
    AD Altmer Magwarden Healer

vMA, vDSA, vSO HM, vHRC HM, vAA, vAS+1, vMoL
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I really have no idea what they are doing with the class.

MagDK gets some things changed around that no one wanted changing around, but nothing to fix main issues (damage is decent, mobility isn't needed [mist replacement is though] but defense is awful since block has been nerfed to boredom unless you sacrifice a lot into it and sustain is by far the worst of any class)

On the other side of the fence StamDK gets... Nothing. Its just constantly made sliiightly worse each patch and its just a worse warden.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    I really have no idea what they are doing with the class.

MagDK gets some things changed around that no one wanted changing around, but nothing to fix main issues (damage is decent, mobility isn't needed [mist replacement is though] but defense is awful since block has been nerfed to boredom unless you sacrifice a lot into it and sustain is by far the worst of any class)

On the other side of the fence StamDK gets... Nothing. Its just constantly made sliiightly worse each patch and its just a worse warden.

I think Zenimax hates the entire DK class in general, not just mag DKs or stam DKs. They just screw up both classes completely for no reason.
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My DK is a Tank and Crafter so I’ve been dodging the nerf bullets, till the block cost changes but I feel bad for the DD or PvP DKs that get completely neglected each patch
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No amount of feedback on the forums is going to change Zenimax's opinon on DKs. They have hated this class since day one, and will continue to obliterate the class until is entirely unplayable (which is will be after Morrowind).

DO NOT force them to let you reroll to a Warden or Sorc. They do not care if you do this. The only thing they care about is $$$. Once you buy the DLC, they could not give less of a damn about you.

The only power you have, as a player, is to not buy their expansion and to stop giving them money. That is the only thing that is going to cause them to change their ways.

If you are not going to give constructive advice.. remove the PTS from your launcher you are not a useful beta tester.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    who resurrected this from April 2017? lol
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valykc wrote: »
    My DK is a Tank and Crafter so I’ve been dodging the nerf bullets, till the block cost changes but I feel bad for the DD or PvP DKs that get completely neglected each patch

I got ya fam!
    PTS Patch Notes v3.3.3

Combat Balance

Dragonknight

* Increased Material Cost by 20% for all Dragonknight Characters.

Developer Comment:
    We have identified that a high number of DragonKnight Characters have started moving skill points into crafting skills. To bring their crafting ability in-line with the rest of their skill costs, we have increased the material cost of all crafting performed by DragonKnight by 20%.
    Edited by Jamini on January 23, 2018 5:47PM
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So do they have a marketing department? Why would they create chaos and straight up anger from the streamers to about 65 to70% of the population... Bad form and bad business ... Things like this really hurt the game...

So few people actually play DK I don't think they care at all. At least half the the game is just Mag Sorc mains are just laughing their asses off right now. The rest of the game is either going to reroll to Mag Sorc, Mag Warden, or just quit.

Ever tried playing WW??? Now thats clearly something apparently no dev playes.... Judging by all the flaws of the Ww. Adapt and overcome and keep trying. At least you can use synergies, rez people, your main heal is based of your primary resource...
    Remember theres always some worse off then you.
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What race should I pick, I mean changes are not finally so Altmeri or Dark Elf?
  • weg0
    weg0
    ✭✭✭

Since most (all?) NB class skills are mag damage, I went Breton. The “only” real damage you do with fire or shock is your L/H attack and WoE (not insignificant albeit). Personally, I feel the cost reduction and extra spell resistance is more beneficial in trials.
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    weg0 wrote: »

Since most (all?) NB class skills are mag damage, I went Breton. The “only” real damage you do with fire or shock is your L/H attack and WoE (not insignificant albeit). Personally, I feel the cost reduction and extra spell resistance is more beneficial in trials.

Yeah I think Breton or Argonian is a great choice depending on what you want to do. You don't have to reroll NB though, because in the long term, Sorcs (ZoS's favorite) and Wardens ($$$) are a safe choice too. Either 3 classes are good options if you want to continuing playing.
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    weg0 wrote: »

One more question. I spend a lot of time to farm trial sets, but its hard to find party to nHoF, so its hard to collect Master Architect set. I have Infallible set. Will Infallible useful for mag NB after changes?
  • Grabmoore
    Grabmoore
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Already level 33 and ongoing Sir!

.... the moment you realize, this thread has been created in April 2017....

I keep losing faith in ZOS. They have no clue about PvE balancing at all -_-

#HireIcefrog
    EU - PC - Ebonheart Pact
    Iggy Grabmoore - Argonian Magicka Templar | Nyctasha - Redguard Stamina Nightblade
    Do-Ra'Zhar - Khajiit Stamina DK | Ashmedi - Dunmer Magicka DK
    Vanya Darchow - AD Altmer Magicka Sorc | Malek gro'Kash - Orc Stam Sorc
    GM of "Handelshaus von Riften" - Trading & PvX Community
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grabmoore wrote: »

Already level 33 and ongoing Sir!

.... the moment you realize, this thread has been created in April 2017....

I keep losing faith in ZOS. They have no clue about PvE balancing at all -_-

#HireIcefrog

This BS has been going on a lot longer then that actually. Posted this in another thread but here is basically a rundown of the history of DKSs.

1. Mag DKs have high costs, but could drop many ults with cheaper standard and fast ulti gen so they got a lot of resource return
    2. Standard cost increase, ulti gen massively reduced, high costs still exist, class is borderline unusuable
    3. Champion Points come out which reduce magicka cost, and acts as a band-aid for the ability cost problem
    4. Morrowind comes out, sustain reduced across the board, rip DKs again
    5. Only way to even make them usuable is with Flame Lash
    6. (Current) Flame lash gets nerfed..
    Edited by Stamden on January 25, 2018 4:25AM
    PC NA

• Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put *** class change tokens on sale already! *** all you want with classes but give a way out. Happy to pay else *** is unplayable.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Beesting wrote: »
    Yes i am back after 14 months leave, i am leveling a third magica dk and have a lot to do before the world ends in june

- vma for a 1:1000 change for a sharpened staff
    - Hardmode trials

Luckely i have done vmol a few times and my dk was not bad so all is not bad
    When i came back i set myself the goal to spend all my hoarded gold because i know from previous patches that playing magica dk is an emotional affair with the constant nerfs lol

For the bolded part: Just get whatever staff you're looking for and transmute it into a sharpened. Welcome back. ;)
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Vosital
    Vosital
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cously wrote: »
    Put *** class change tokens on sale already! *** all you want with classes but give a way out. Happy to pay else *** is unplayable.

I think we'd all like our class to just be playable, but it's pretty clear they have no intention of doing anything but ***ing us. So yeah, at the very least please add class change so we can play your damn game ZoS