The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Advice to DK players out there

Vosital
Vosital
✭✭✭✭
No amount of feedback on the forums is going to change Zenimax's opinon on DKs. They have hated this class since day one, and will continue to obliterate the class until is entirely unplayable (which is will be after Morrowind).

DO NOT force them to let you reroll to a Warden or Sorc. They do not care if you do this. The only thing they care about is $$$. Once you buy the DLC, they could not give less of a damn about you.

The only power you have, as a player, is to not buy their expansion and to stop giving them money. That is the only thing that is going to cause them to change their ways.

• Ladislao
    Ladislao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Such hate.
    Everything is viable
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll play my DK til I quit. DK or done.
  • infernomorgothb14_ESO
    I don't think i'd ever reroll as a warden. It feels too...WoW or like some other MMO. All the nature crap, furry animals and bright effects irk me. I already hate the cat mounts and people riding bears and stuff, the Warden seems like the most cartoonish of all the classes IMO. Sorc is fine...but I like running a magDK with destro staffs and sword/shield combo.

Honestly people will adapt.. the most important thing is that they give us a free respec the day the patch goes live. And discounts the gold costs to respec for the following month. If they don't do that.. then yeah...screw em.

These changes are going to affect everyone regardless of who buys the expansion or not. I personally plan on buying it for PvE and a return to my favorite location in Tamriel. I doubt any of these changes are going to affect me enjoying the exploration of Vvardenfell.
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really is the only power we have. As a DK main, I haven't spent a dime on crowns since 1.6, because that's how long this class has been treated like crap by Zenimax.

To all the "quit exaggerating" and "big whoop you'll be fine", you don't get it. It's not this patch alone that is going to kill DKs. DKs are already in a terrible spot. It is from years of constant neglect from the developer and this patch is just the nail in the coffin.
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neighbor wrote: »
    It really is the only power we have. As a DK main, I haven't spent a dime on crowns since 1.6, because that's how long this class has been treated like crap by Zenimax.

To all the "quit exaggerating" and "big whoop you'll be fine", you don't get it. It's not this patch alone that is going to kill DKs. DKs are already in a terrible spot. It is from years of constant neglect from the developer and this patch is just the nail in the coffin.

Make some room, my Stamblade will be right there with you.
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam DK takes another beating, mDK sustain is getting WORSE. But, yeah play how you want and just have fun. LOL
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Already pre-ordered the physical Collectors Edition. Will level a Warden, will still main my Dunmer mDK.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vosital wrote: »
    No amount of feedback on the forums is going to change Zenimax's opinon on DKs. They have hated this class since day one, and will continue to obliterate the class until is entirely unplayable (which is will be after Morrowind).

DO NOT force them to let you reroll to a Warden or Sorc. They do not care if you do this. The only thing they care about is $$$. Once you buy the DLC, they could not give less of a damn about you.

The only power you have, as a player, is to not buy their expansion and to stop giving them money. That is the only thing that is going to cause them to change their ways.

Or the game might go bankrupt and be shut down. As you said $$$ is all that matters in a business.
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »

Or the game might go bankrupt and be shut down. As you said $$$ is all that matters in a business.

Good. If i ran a restaurant that ignored all my customers wants and needs id be shut down, how should this be any different.
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Good. If i ran a restaurant that ignored all my customers wants and needs id be shut down, how should this be any different.

Because if you had a customer base the size that ESO does, youd be swimming in money Scrooge McDuck style.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Since day one? At day one and for a good while afterwards, DKs were melting people left and right in PvP I remember.
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No amount of feedback on the forums is going to change Zenimax's opinon on DKs.
    False.

Precedent: An overwhelming amount of..."feedback" convinced ZOS to not only revert their planned nerf to Sorc, but actually change it to a buff.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will not give up on my stam DK.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I felt that dk was pretty well balance for homestead then ZoS is like well lets F this all up
    Edited by FloppyTouch on April 19, 2017 4:13AM
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind guys, DK/Templar/NB class sustain was all nerfed in the notes. Keep that in mind for context when thinking about class balance. Just made a new thread to discuss the NB change here: Not sure where Sorcs are at with these sustain nerfs.
  • takai.kurosawab14_ESO
    No amount of feedback on the forums is going to change Zenimax's opinon on DKs.
    False.

Precedent: An overwhelming amount of..."feedback" convinced ZOS to not only revert their planned nerf to Sorc, but actually change it to a buff.

This was the most confusing part of what happened to the Sorc before homestead. It went from "alright ok it's gonna get nerfed" to "wait...so it's a net...buff?"
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Helping hands, battle roar, shields major mending all three were class defining since the start for the DK ... For stamina they are essential with out it, you are no longer a viable class... with blanket magicka regen nerf you can no longer even keep your 3 buffs up to recast your shield s for vigor ....
    Dueling today I could no longer use fossilized after damage shield, spike armor, and 1 fossilized my magicka is gone ... or just one more damage shield because my major mending only lasted 1 sec... My stam was gone in a matter of secs because of poisions.. I switched my build to 1300 stam regen and blocked less .. still very subpar ..... A Stam Sorc simply destroyed me today in a duel.. currently on live he does not destroy me it's a good fight with me coming out on top most of the time.. Stam Templar same result...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My suggestion make helping hands cap instead of a flat amount ....
    Major mending while shield holds minor mending after it drops lasting 5 seconds...
    I can live with battle roar
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can live with all the nerfs but give us back that damn major mending because it's a joke as it stand now(1sec wow).
    I'm so mad that I cancelled my preorder and my ESO plus for the first time after 18 months
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they scrap this patch entirely. I'm not going to regear 8 different characters (Most with gold gear).

I'm leaning towards unsubbing and passing on purchasing Morrowind all together.

Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually, due to a variety of factors, morrowind is going to make my mDK/spec much more competitive than it is today.
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to say for the record, That while I agree with your stance to NOT support ZoS in order to protest the nerfs, I will still be playing Morrowind soley for the questing and content.

If I dislike how bad the nerfs really are when the REAL live patch is out the I will definitely be right up there with you. But seriously, let's actually let PTS have a chance to sort out some of the kinks. And see what happens

Don't get me wrong I absolutely HATE some of the changes, especially for Templars, I don't even main a templar and those nerfs hurt me deep
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mispronouned NB in the title but I don't mind.
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since day one? At day one and for a good while afterwards, DKs were melting people left and right in PvP I remember.

Yes but this is an inconvinient truth so let's not mention that at all - nor the fact that DKs have always made the best tanks and Stam DKs in particular have always been one of the best dueling classes since 1.6...
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zinaroth wrote: »

Yes but this is an inconvinient truth so let's not mention that at all - nor the fact that DKs have always made the best tanks and Stam DKs in particular have always been one of the best dueling classes since 1.6...

True but that's the design of the class that influenced those benifits.....it has no range, no mobility , no get away... So it was originally designed to favor of damage mitigation and resource management... Because of the class limitations that favored stand and fight meta ...Of course this type of class will do well in Duels...
    Edited by Durham on April 19, 2017 12:40PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Vosital
    Vosital
    ✭✭✭✭

Because if you had a customer base the size that ESO does, youd be swimming in money Scrooge McDuck style.

I think that's the biggest problem as far as balancing DKs go. Almost all of the DK players I know have rerolled or just flat out quit the game. The devs care less because they represent such a low portion of the playerbase.

Meanwhile they make one tiny nerf to Sorc's curse and it's endless amounts of QQ and they end up being buffed, just because like half the game is Sorcs.
  • GDOFWR420
    GDOFWR420
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zvorgin wrote: »

Gotta agree, DK till the end.
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GDOFWR420 wrote: »
    Zvorgin wrote: »

Gotta agree, DK till the end.

I second this.

Mag sorcs may now be the best in everything now but I will still enjoy my MagDk regardless of our Overlord Sorcs now
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to say for the record, That while I agree with your stance to NOT support ZoS in order to protest the nerfs, I will still be playing Morrowind soley for the questing and content.

If I dislike how bad the nerfs really are when the REAL live patch is out the I will definitely be right up there with you. But seriously, let's actually let PTS have a chance to sort out some of the kinks. And see what happens

Don't get me wrong I absolutely HATE some of the changes, especially for Templars, I don't even main a templar and those nerfs hurt me deep

I think a lot of people mad because time and again ZOS had gone ahead and release the patch with al lot of bugs and not listening to what people had to say about the pts issues. A lot of the people flipping out right now are hardcore streamers and people who have been with this game a long time and are simply fed up with yet another bs patch. They don't want to give ZOS a chance, ZOS has had more than it's fair share of chances and continues to go a bad route of attacks classes instead of admitting their cp tree is crap.
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm, after some complaining about the changes, I think I'll actually be fine next patch. Figured out a build that doesn't need regen and still hits like a truck B)

Just gota adapt man. It's going to be exciting seeing all the players who got carried by gear fail next patch lolol.

#dk4lyfe
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q