The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

So are hybrid builds viable again?

• DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TipsyDrow wrote: »
    Adenoma wrote: »
    I think this thread just serves to show the point that people who think hybrids are not viable are going to continue to believe that dogma. Otherwise, there are people that like to test and have success with using more than one stat in PvP.

I can't speak at all from a PvE perspective.

This thread shows that some people can think outside the box and make builds work very well that others can't even dream of and that others will always run the *meta*. I for one am going to be laughing my lil rear off when people get WTFBBQ'D by the crazy things some hyrbrids are going to be able to do next patch. Those CP changes.....

Oh yea? Plenty of people think outside the box and outside the metas and have shown time and time again hybrids suffer allot in dps compared to being pure stat and offer literally nothing else in pve, there is some talk in pvp however having two resources might be useful but not really and tends do still have allot of issues. Otherwise show me some proof, tell me your build and I will test it myself or, show me some videos if this is not true.
    Edited by DragonBound on April 28, 2017 6:35PM
  • Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, I think hybrid builds are viable.

I PvP a lot (mostly in Trueflame and no-CP Azura'a Star) and amid the patch notes for Morrowind, I've decided to change up my builds to rely on both resources.
    I changed from a StamPlar to a Hybrid Templar (or BridPlar if you like it that way) and PvP-ed on Azura's religiously.

And boy boy oh boy I should tell you it is A LOT of fun, my damage is slightly higher (I run Wrothgar health/regen food on my stam build and max tristat on my hybrid, weapon damage is still the same) at the cost of lower regen BUT the beauty of a hybrid build is that your damage and healing are strong for both magicka and stamina skills.

Everyone should try to at least get one of their character build changed to a hybrid. You'll never know if you like it unless you've tried it out.
    Edited by Sneaky-Snurr on April 30, 2017 4:28PM
    The Order of the Shadows: Nightmare
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Shadow hide you. -Unknown
    There is no clean fight in a war. -Shun Izaki
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I PvP a lot (mostly in Trueflame and no-CP Azura'a Star) and amid the patch notes for Morrowind, I've decided to change up my builds to rely on both resources.
    I changed from a StamPlar to a Hybrid Templar (or BridPlar if you like it that way) and PvP-ed on Azura's religiously.

And boy boy oh boy I should tell you it is A LOT of fun, my damage is slightly higher (I run Wrothgar health/regen food on my stam build and max tristat on my hybrid, weapon damage is still the same) at the cost of lower regen BUT the beauty of a hybrid build is that your damage and healing are strong for both magicka and stamina skills.

Everyone should try to at least get one of their character build changed to a hybrid. You'll never know if you like it once you've tried it out.

What gear are you using? Pelinals or the new one? And what sets are you matching with it?
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Everyone should try to at least get one of their character build changed to a hybrid. You'll never know if you like it once you've tried it out.

Wait this is a no cp area though so this is likely why a hybrid may shine if what you say is true.
  • Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kesstryl wrote: »

What gear are you using? Pelinals or the new one? And what sets are you matching with it?
    @Kesstryl @DragonBound
    Yeap. You guessed it! Pelinals!
    Pair that with Dreugh King Slayer and you don't have to worry about having to always think of keeping Major Brutality up at all times thus saving you from dumping your resource to activate said buff.
    Plus, you get to slot in other utility/offensive skills instead of the one providing Major Brutality.

Both of my weapon damage and spell damage are at 3.3k (fully buffed at 3.9k). Stamina at 26k and magicka at 16k. Regens are horrible tho, stam regen at 1.1k and magicka at ~800. I'm basing my replies here from Live server not PTS. Play on Azura's star as a hybrid and you'll definitely see the difference.
    On Trueflame, my hybrid's stam and mag regen will go slightly up to 1.3k and ~900 respectively, max stam and magicka stand at 30k and 18k respectively.

The point I'm making is that I set my build up with CP completely disabled hence it is a good imitation to the upcoming Morrowind's patch update gameplay environment.
    Edited by Sneaky-Snurr on April 29, 2017 5:00AM
    The Order of the Shadows: Nightmare
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Shadow hide you. -Unknown
    There is no clean fight in a war. -Shun Izaki
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DragonBound , 5x pelinal's, 5x leki's, 2x engine guardian/blood spawn. All weapon damage glyphs, all prismatic glyphs. DW/2h and 5/1/1. Be a wolf. Profit. Go test it.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    @DragonBound , 5x pelinal's, 5x leki's, 2x engine guardian/blood spawn. All weapon damage glyphs, all prismatic glyphs. DW/2h and 5/1/1. Be a wolf. Profit. Go test it.

Thank you now is this for pvp or pve? I am so hyped if this turns out really good.
    Edited by DragonBound on April 29, 2017 8:23PM
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's my hybrid survivability build for learning with a group or soloing easy dungeons as a nightblade. It's a setup for PVE DPS. I think this may be even more useful on the PTS if Grothdarr was traded for Engine Guardian, I'm going to give it a try tonight.

Dungeon Hybrid

5 Pelinals
    5 Ravager/ Briarheart (for the weapon damage)
    2 Grothdarr
    5 medium / 1 light / 1 heavy

Skill Bar 1/Execute - Sharpened Dual Wield Daggers
    Siphoning Attacks
    Relentless Focus
    Rending Slashes (Bloodcraze or vigor if more heals are needed)
    Steel Tornado
    Rapid Strikes (Bloodthirst if more healing needed)
    Soul Harvest

Skill Bar 2- Sharpened Dual Wield Swords
    Caltrops
    Twisting Path (Refreshing Path for more heals)
    Crippling Grasp
    Sap Essence
    Funnel Health
    Flawless Dawnbreaker (Veil of Blades)

When I started running vet dungeons at a lower CP I found the pure stamblade to be very squishy, so this survival build came to mind when Pelinals was released, it's useful for staying alive while learning how to run a dungeon for the first time or two. It grew on me even as I maxed out my CP.

The point of this build is the fantastic group survivability combined with good AOE damage. The AOE DPS is pretty close to a pure stamina build thanks to Grothdarr, but you'll lose a lot of single target DPS, maybe 30-40%. This is almost like a high DPS sap tank, you could theoretically tank most bosses if you pick up a shield and slot pierce armor, but your healer won't appreciate it when the biggest boss hits come your way.

I finished most vet dungeons using this build, and even tanked vWGT in medium armor by holding a shield, slotting pierce armor and using the Pariah and Blood Spawn sets in place of Briarheart and Grothdarr. Trade Crippling Grasp for Pierce Armor if you want to tank.
    Edited by Bladerunner1 on May 1, 2017 4:54PM
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    Viable=/=BiS/Competitive/top-tier.

Hybrids have always been viable for 95 percent of PvE content and several PvP playstyles. And yeah, this patch made them more viable for those functions.

Uhhh no they are not very viable in dungeons and certainly not 95 percent of the content and most certainly not in pvp lol, your talking about one stat with utility from the other stat which is not a hybrid. Being viable is not noticing a huge gap of your dps, healing, or tanking because you split your stats.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd you have no idea what you're talking about.

Then explain because clearly you have no argument.

My argument is simple. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Here's my current hybrid build - completed all content. Haven't updated it for a while but 35.9k parse on Rakkhat.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/the-first-hybrid-sorcerer-dps-for-pve-content/
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well.. The good news is that after next patch NB won't be nerfed ever again because there will be nothing left to nerf... :o
    Btw. semi hybrid build used to be good for NB sap-tanks... but with the recent changes on PTS - even the sap tank will become useless...

While tanks have a focus on Magika or stamina they are hybrid builds.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And just because Zoe puts a lot of hybrid stuffs in game doesn't make them viable
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm a Dark Elf hybrid Dragonkight... Sounds fun :smile:
  • montgomery.luke07b16_ESO
    Has anybody tested hybrids since Morrowind Launch to see how viable they are?
    By Hircine's hand i mark thee!