Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Are You Happy With The Morrowind PTS Notes?

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    STEVIL wrote: »
    mr_wazzabi wrote: »
    Aliniel wrote: »
    Immortal builds should simply die with these changes. Which has been long overdue. Resource management should lead to more careful builds - not just mindlessly stacking Spell and Weapon damage.

Have you tried running vma or hard mode trials without stacking damage? Good luck on surviving the enrage timers.

Have you considered that a massivevrebslancing of class sustain and damage specificalky designed to lower net damage output by making sustain a part of the gsme again might come with a npc pve rebalance to fit?

Realky, resetting enrage timers to suit intentionally lowered overall output... simple to do.

Wish there was some way they could test the changes for weeks to see how much diff the changes make to guide their timer adju... ohhhh.

You honestly think they will go in by hand and retune all the endgame pve content to match the new reduced player effectiveness? I really hope you're right. I would love you to be right. I just can't see them doing it at all though.

i think they retune a good deal of stuff more frequently than we know and yes i do believ that when/after they make a major patch balance set of changes with known reduction in capabilities (not a fix outliers but change the results) they will do some tweaks where necessary.

Will it be every piece of every leaderboard and every delve? not hardly but the ones that need it...

But the key is we dont know what the success rates are now and what they wanted them to be...
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To early to tell still. Lots to test and adjust.

Though I'll still say, from the pvp Templar side, here's the new priority for Regen:

Resource returns > cost reduction > passive Regen> Heavy Attack Regen (due to channeled time reducing DPS)

I know for my build I'm using two sources of resource returns that aren't touched by poisons then using cost reduction to pull down heavy cost spells, and finally some mag recovery to help fill in the seams.

Some examples of return sources:
    - Channeled focus (works in mist form)
    - dark deal
    - siphoning strikes (despite nerf)
    - battle roar (despite nerf)
    - bloodthirsty set (resource return on direct dmg)
    - robes of withered hand (magic/health of killed enemies. Not much but trash pull Regen?)
    - magicka furnace (flat 8k but strict 30 sec cooldown.)
    - desert rose
    - kynes kiss (bow resource return)
    - spelunker (When an ally uses one of your Undaunted ability synergies you restore 1500 Stamina)
    - witchman (When you use an Ultimate ability, you heal for 30 Health and you restore 30 Stamina per point of the Ultimate's cost.)
    - that monster helm that gives back Stam on 10% healing proc.

Obviously not OP, but they are intended to allow you to start looking into adding additional sources for regen. Spread that build love instead of putting everything into one stat/tree/ability.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Lyrander
    Lyrander
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    i do like some of the changes - as they seem to make sense (at first look)

But they cant even balance 4 classes.... and just put in a new "allround" class.
    Also changes like every skill, passive and so on the way it is more benefitting for allrounders...coincidence?

So i guess they will just put in a token of class-change in the store. at least it would save us all from grinding the same spot for 2 days.

i really dont think they play their own game.
    i never wanted to play a game where everyone plays the same class/build. ESO was supposed to be different.

But to be honest - i have seen the most varieties in classplay when the game came out. I will never forget those people that went against the system. NB in light armor who was tanking (really good! - before they changed the passives ofc) Sorcerer who i played with for months before i even knew his class (rarely used a sorc skill - thought he was DK...)
    Today people run mostly the same - because it is hard to keep up with the top.
    They even changed the dungeons on the basis of the damage output of animation canceling - so now everyone HAS to do it. Otherwise not enough dps...yeah.
    We were going with that - we complained - we still play (so far), i agree - BUT never have those people that i talked with changed their opinion on the matter. They still think a lot of the changes are not well thought through and should be negated.

Also: a lot of people actually stopped playing - or done breaks for month.

I see they try to give everyone more freedom - but i feel like it is mostly for the new class and they have not once really tried to play the classic classes with those changes.

I hope for private servers in a few years. would be awesome to play a server 1.5 for the sake of old times.

Options
  • melloni_aleb16_ESO
    melloni_aleb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Paraflex wrote: »
    I doubt well see any types of PvP cancer in the game next patch. I love it finally you don't have infinite resources!

What do you mean?

this patch does not affect those who is zergling , will always 6000k wd/sd little sustain will always compensated and still by " the numbers " of friends :)

I think the stamina will switch back to using full proc build ( with poison ) even if the damage is decreased ...if you cannot kiting , Kill them more in the shortest possible time , before dying ...

I guess the only stamina "soler" ( visible) will be Stamsorc .
    then if you mean cancer-build a heavy-build ..it's ok...fix it :) ..but for me this is a patch anti-small group ( 1-4 people) and soler..very bad
    Edited by melloni_aleb16_ESO on April 19, 2017 8:46AM
    DC|EP|AD EU .:. Claymore - all classes DK/Sorc/Nb/templar .: Retired :.
    DC NA server with 400 ping - DKs Vraccàs

Philosophy of the poor .: "What you cannot beat ..zerg him " :.
    Options
  • xSkullfoxx
    xSkullfoxx
    ✭✭
    No
    3 Years since release but ZOS still changes Core mechanics.

Meta Classes in MW(Mag based):
    Warden Sorc
    Meta Races:
    Altmer, Breton

The games makes no fun for me anymore, it feels in someway wrong, im no pro player im a normal player who do vet dungeons and sometimes vet trails, im no 50k dps ***, but these nerfs will made my templar pretty USELESS to play. All the good skills get nerfed. Always changes are made from nowhere, existing bugs got not fixed, bots who not get banned,...

Cant speak for Stamina bases classes, i quit my nb a long time ago.

PS.
    Yeah ZOS, *censored* about the slogan "Play as you want" cause you *censored* this up with every larger patch.
    Edited by xSkullfoxx on April 19, 2017 9:56AM
    Options
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    cdba131312444d89a836354a3172b6a6_-just-no-meme-1-21-no-just-no-memes_458-408.jpeg
    Options
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I'll judge when the update is live. Overall I think ZOS is looking at the issues it needs to. Over the last couple of years the power that certain end game builds are capable of escaped reasonable limits of "what is fair vs just flat out op."

Genuine constructive criticism is almost always welcome. The flat out complaints being shot from the hip many times are just whiners mourning the loss of their ability to continue on doing what they are used to doing.

ZOS is tackling topics of high contention like ganking. Builds that have a pretty over the top stress ceiling before most players who aren't the 1% of top echelon builds can even compete with. Quality of life improvements like on screen buff trackers for all, not just those who choose addons. Etc, etc.

Not everyone will agree with everything.But having gone over the first iteration of the PTS patch notes for update 3.0, I can say that for me, ZOS has their thumbs on the right issues for ESO going forward.
    Options
  • HoboSteveIrwin
    No
    28f6da7695add28c5282607a649d86c8_i-dont-know-how-to-feel-i-dont-know-meme_452-359.jpeg
    Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Moronwind
    Options
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    The champion system, removal of softcaps destroyed the game.

Then ZOS used the battle spirit 50% nerf to try to reign in damage/heals/shields. That ended up destroying gear diversity and forcing everyone to stack damage or resources.

You know your game is broken when you have to nerf everything by 50% in PvP and people still melt.

ZOS keeps nerfing SKILLS when the problem is NUMBERS.

What is more fun, running around with 73485703294573498 stamina but only being able to use a skill 3 times before you are out of resources or some cool down punishes you, or having a small but reasonable stamina pool, and using skills wisely including skills that fill that pool back up.

Repentance wasn't OP, Battle Roar wasn't OP. Removing softcaps and not controlling how things scaled with attribute pools until everything needed a 50% nerf, and even that wasn't enough. That was OP.
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on April 19, 2017 4:16PM
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    More teamplay and tactics, this will be chaos but fun when we get it. I believe in us.
    Options
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I think they are again overdoing some of the nerfs but most of them feels justified and makes the game play more interesting.
    Options
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 0 interest in running dungeons that we could breeze through and after the new patch it will take us an hr of heavy attacks in vet fungal grotto 1! Not interested in having 30 k dps now and knocked down to 13 k! I have played the game put in my time things should be easier! This hurts the average player! It's like real life the middle class gets boned!
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
    Options
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Fix it or RIP
    Options
  • gameswithaspoon
    gameswithaspoon
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Stackable Razor Caltrops are shear insanity. The only way you'll ever move the map in Cyrodiil is to zerg as a nightcap, when you know the other faction is mostly offline. Ten Caltrops on a breach? Seriously.

I am trying to type out a response that is civil but my mouse keeps wanting to click on the Account button.
    Spoon-no-Soup Former Emperor Argonian Templar AD BWB
    Spoon-ware-Soup Former Emperor Argonian Stamplar AD Bahlokdaan
    Guild Leader Imperium of the Eagle Ravenwatch NA-PC
    Takes Drive-Thru Orders for This is a Wendy's.
    Options
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Subversus wrote: »
    God forbid people have to spec a little for regen now as well instead of going balls deep damage. This patch will surely weed out those crutching on CP thinking they're any good.

I'm sure you weren't using those CP, and you probably don't have to redo your setup and re-learn your rotation, or add/change buff assignments across your group, adjust your parse requirements, or anything like that. Your group probably had their CP allocated differently than the rest of the world too, and we all really need to get on your level. Frankly I'm super jealous that you have top leaderboard spots, even without going balls-deep into damage, and with no help to sustain from your group.

You gotta show me how to do that! See, this whole time I thought that ZOS designed this game, and I had no idea that it was actually us, as players, who decided that CP was a core game system, implemented it, and then made everything in pve revolve around dps.

Sarcasm aside, have you actually been on the PTS yet? How are your parses going? How much recovery are you using now? What sets and glyphs?
    Options
  • BIKERnation6969
    BIKERnation6969
    Soul Shriven
    No
    Stop nerfing the content, start separating pve and pvp completely. And just give the noobs a 400cp token you can buy in the crown store. Problem solved.
    Options
  • willklippsteinb14_ESO
    Yes
    Lol I hope they stick, especially for them stam knights and stamblades....they always on these forums griping about how mag sorcs are to OP. till finally they get buffed with the changes of skill classes to be poison (granted they needed). but that wasn't enough, needed something done to the magi sorcs. so Zos killed the sorc, nerfed it thru the ground. Glad its yall's turn. Now that the battleground is more fair , might actually come back, and resub.
    Options
  • spiiros
    spiiros
    ✭✭✭
    Lol I hope they stick, especially for them stam knights and stamblades....they always on these forums griping about how mag sorcs are to OP. till finally they get buffed with the changes of skill classes to be poison (granted they needed). but that wasn't enough, needed something done to the magi sorcs. so Zos killed the sorc, nerfed it thru the ground. Glad its yall's turn. Now that the battleground is more fair , might actually come back, and resub.

giphy.gif
    Options