Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Are You Happy With The Morrowind PTS Notes?

• TheStealthDude
    TheStealthDude
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I am happy with the direction they are going, with regards to sustain. I just have some hesitation over a couple of specific changes.

The big one for me that I am not a fan of is the change to Siphoning Attacks, as this essentially kills off the Sap Tank build in my mind and really nerfs the only thing Magblade had going for it in PvP (both magicka and stamina sustain).
    Options
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I am tempered happy with this patch. I am extremely glad that they have removed the monopoly that Templars had over the healing role.

On the other hand, I am saddened that stamina users continue to become a PvP burst DPS role only. StamDK and Sorc were the last of the bunch and looks like Morrowind may be their death nail in PvE.

They should really separate PvP and PvE at this point. The type of people who want to play CoD:ESO/For Honor:ESO, and ESO WoW are always going to want two different things. PvE guys should not have to lose abilities due to cheaters in PvP (like in cases in the past) and in this cases like this patch, PvPers should not have to suffer because sustain is a non-issue in dungeons/trials. The year is 2017, I think we can separate PvP and PvE at this point.
    Options
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No
    This will bleed the player base
    Edited by Durham on April 18, 2017 3:13PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I hate what they're doing to the Champion Points, particularly what they're doing to The Magician and Tumbling. That'll really mess me up.
    Options
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Paraflex wrote: »
    I doubt well see any types of PvP cancer in the game next patch. I love it finally you don't have infinite resources!

Prove this with math please.. not with opinion
    Edited by Durham on April 18, 2017 3:18PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Still trying to figure out why they didn't just remove the Dragonknight and Nighblade classes from the game.
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    The nerfparty continues. Once again PvE will probably suffer due to PvP rants.....like always
    Options
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Qbiken wrote: »
    The nerfparty continues. Once again PvE will probably suffer due to PvP rants.....like always

Quit blaming PvP for these crappy changes. I'm seriously fed up with that. The changes are terrible for PvP as well, and the changes are explicitly intended to kill PvE sustain as well. If they weren't intended for PvE, then they wouldn't have touched the Shards and Orbs synergies.
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade
    Options
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    It is what it is..... And the more effort we put in now (constructively) the better chance we have of putting things right, or at least closer to what we would like. Its still early days yet.
    Options
  • Draconerus
    Draconerus
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Devs have no idea how to balance.
    Draconerus
    Argonian - Templar Healer
    Da Funk - Officer
    Options
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Durham wrote: »
    No

A little bloodletting will be good for the community :-)
    Options
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    General:

"Reduced the duration of the charge snare to 0.5 seconds from 0.75 seconds, and reduced the effectiveness of the charge snare to a 30% snare from 60%."

"Reduced the cooldown for being charged Stamina or Magicka to block an attack to 0.25 seconds from 0.5 seconds."

"Sneak attacks no longer grant a bonus to Critical Damage when used against other players. Sneak attacks will continue to guarantee a Critical Strike and stun the target, and will also still grant a bonus to Critical Damage when used against monsters."
    "Caltrops:
    Multiple player characters can now stack this ability and its morphs in the same area and damage the same target. Reduced the size to 8 meters from 12 meters. Reduced the duration to 12 seconds from 30 seconds. Reduced the cost by approximately 50%. Increased the damage by approximately 75%."
    Woot, woot!
    Nightblade: "Leeching Strikes (Siphoning Strikes morph): This morph now converts the ability into a Stamina ability and causes your Light and Heavy Attacks to restore Stamina based on your character level.
    Siphoning Attacks (Siphoning Strikes morph): This morph now causes your Light and Heavy Attacks to also restore Magicka based on your character level.
    Siphoning Strikes: Light and Heavy Attacks restore Health instead of Magicka or Stamina.
    Increased the duration to 20 seconds from 15 seconds."
    ...woot?
    Options
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    No buff for stam DPS and no nerfs for magsorcs? Then it sucks.

Enjoy the new 8 x Magsorc DPS Trials meta.

Look up Thedove stamplar. Look up Jules, look up Kodi. Stam was in an excellent spot and they got a couple nerfs this patch and mag sorcerer was left untouched. Get over it. If you're not good at the game as a Stam player then you're a casual who won't play much anyways.
    Options
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Turelus wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »
    Fine for me, I'll adapt and keep playing.

Not the first time I've been in an MMO with a major shake up patch, but even the first time for ESO.

We have an ESO is dead RIP ESO cry every patch now, people are still playing.

If the next set of patch notes read "everyone loses 500 cp, all AP, your house burned down and we killed a puppy" some people would still play. Some people still playing does not mean that your patch is well received or popular. The big question is, why release a patch that has a huge list of negative feeling changes when you know you'll lose players over it. Some players will always be happy, but you don't have to go out of your way to upset players with excessive nerfs.
    Because a lot of people agree with ZOS. Yes it's a big change and need to the current meta, but did we really want a full sustain max damage meta for the rest of the games life?

I'll personally be glad to actually do boss mechanics again rather than burn it before the phase changes.

Except when you do such huge changes all at once you screw things up. Which they have shown when they screw things up it normally takes them quite some time to fix it.

There is a reason they waited for Morrowind to do all these nerfs. A highly anticipated update will mean those who would of taken a break or leave for good over the nerfs, instead they stay and keep playing because morrowind.
    Options
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    the Change to sustain will leed to more zergs in pvp. ist allready hard to deal with the huge 14+ zergs, and now, after i run out of ress in 10 secs ist impossible.

just good we have a Arena now.

cyro can be closed
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
    Options
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Look up Thedove stamplar. Look up Jules, look up Kodi. Stam was in an excellent spot and they got a couple nerfs this patch and mag sorcerer was left untouched. Get over it. If you're not good at the game as a Stam player then you're a casual who won't play much anyways.

The fact that the top 1% of PVPers perform well with a Stamina character has absolutely nothing to do with balance between Stamina and Magicka.
    Options
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Durham wrote: »
    No

A little bloodletting will be good for my community :-)

Fixed that for you.
    Options
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No this patch is horrible t he worst yet
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
    Options
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

You have no idea what your talking about.
    Options
  • amasuriel
    amasuriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I hate the clearly PvP aimed sustain nerfs. Nerfing Constitution passive and the block cost timer to .25 from .50 (effectively doubling stam cost to block) is 100% about PvP, since tanks blocking is not an issue in PvE.

This will just make tanking super boring, since now it's in a place where some fights like the warrior are mostly turtles, but the rest of the time you can do thinks like vigor with PA on, or help with add management during fights etc. Now unless you are one of the top tanks in the game, with amazing support, you will be struggling to to keep your block up, so you will hoard your ability casts in favor of block.

And before anyone pipes in about how they only block heavy attacks and L2P, good luck with that approach in vHRC, or tanking axes in vAA HM. You cannot drop block long enough to heavy attack or have regen kick in, even bar swaps are a leading cause of death there, which is like .5 seconds.

I am actually generally in favor of sustain reduction, as I agree that being able to stack 100% into damage and never be dry if your healers are decent is not ideal, but as usual this seems like using a nuke to trim the lawn.

Unless they rebalance a lot of the content, maybe they will lower the ceiling on DPS, but they will also make it almost impossible for many players to complete fights with DPS races. Even old school DPS races like skoria will be hard for many people. Maybe that is what they want, since a small minority are always whining about how everything is super easy (when many player have never done vCOS HM or Mazzatun HM, never mind vMOL), but I doubt it will improve things overall.
    Options
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    amasuriel wrote: »
    I hate the clearly PvP aimed sustain nerfs. Nerfing Constitution passive and the block cost timer to .25 from .50 (effectively doubling stam cost to block) is 100% about PvP, since tanks blocking is not an issue in PvE.

This will just make tanking super boring, since now it's in a place where some fights like the warrior are mostly turtles, but the rest of the time you can do thinks like vigor with PA on, or help with add management during fights etc. Now unless you are one of the top tanks in the game, with amazing support, you will be struggling to to keep your block up, so you will hoard your ability casts in favor of block.

And before anyone pipes in about how they only block heavy attacks and L2P, good luck with that approach in vHRC, or tanking axes in vAA HM. You cannot drop block long enough to heavy attack or have regen kick in, even bar swaps are a leading cause of death there, which is like .5 seconds.

I am actually generally in favor of sustain reduction, as I agree that being able to stack 100% into damage and never be dry if your healers are decent is not ideal, but as usual this seems like using a nuke to trim the lawn.

Unless they rebalance a lot of the content, maybe they will lower the ceiling on DPS, but they will also make it almost impossible for many players to complete fights with DPS races. Even old school DPS races like skoria will be hard for many people. Maybe that is what they want, since a small minority are always whining about how everything is super easy (when many player have never done vCOS HM or Mazzatun HM, never mind vMOL), but I doubt it will improve things overall.

THIS, TO THE HIGHEST DEGREE POSSIBLE. @ZOS_GinaBruno @Wrobel THIS IS A SUMMARY OF MY EXACT THOUGHTS ON THE SUBJECT.

It's time to stop.

You have two options. One. Edit the content, to suit. You wanna nerf sustain? Nerf most of the enemies health and damage resistance to the point where we dont need it.

Two. Re-roll all the changes. All of 'em. And start working on a better solution for this. It's fine, to not want people to have infinite sustain, but you can force them to choose in a way that dosent just nuke one of the options. Builds, entire builds, are outright unviable with this. Including mine. Including -templar-.

And if either of these isn't acceptable, be prepared to watch your numbers drop. But then again, that's all you people care about, isn't it? The bottom line. S'why Warden is being so beefy right now. TO sell copies. TO sell -relevence- in the game post morrowind.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on April 18, 2017 4:59PM
    Options
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No

@Micah_Bayer are you being serious right now?

Apparently my comment referencing the "Trials meta" wasn't a big enough clue that I was talking about PvE. So why are you quoting PvP builds at me? Half the problem with this game is that 75% of the feedback on the forums is from 14-year old Call of Duty with Wands players who seem totally oblivious to the fact that PvE even exists. Stop being selfish.

I still run my stamblade in vet Trials errday. I am the only stamina toon and the only nightblade in the group. Top raid groups run zero stamina builds and sorcs outnumber other DPS classes 4 to 1.

Get bent.
    Edited by LiquidPony on April 18, 2017 4:57PM
    Options
  • JoM_TESO
    JoM_TESO
    Soul Shriven
    No
    No, and its not because of the nerfs. If you nerf people without a previous advise and change radically the way to play you MUST change actual RNG loot system rate for something with a progresive way. Spending hours of farming is a pain 4 the player base that supports the game.
    Options
  • Blackfyre20
    Blackfyre20
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Don't love them, don't absolutely hate them. Here are the pros and cons IMO for the balance changes (there is obviously a lot of other awesome stuff in the patch, I'm just talking balance)

Pros:
    - Easily attainable infinite resources has been an issue so this will help with that.
    - Like the breath of life change

Cons:
    - The changes look like they'll hurt some classes more than others. Mag DKs already have sustain problems as it is and now ZOS is gonna couple all the sustain nerfs with a battle roar nerf? Don't understand that. Nobody uses inferno in PVP and a 10% cost reduction to whip is not gonna make up for the sustain nerfs. I thought Mag DKs were in a good place with this patch and now they get hit with the nerf bat again.
    - Got excited when I saw a note for blazing spear and then realized that it had nothing to do with returning a useful CC to either ability. Didn't they say they were working on this?
    - Major mending changes blow. The shield from igneous shield is pathetic and is gone pretty much immediately after being cast. I'm not one to get upset about having to pay for the new Warden class but it is pretty convenient that it is going to be the only class now which can easily maintain 100% uptime on major mending. This was a staple of the templar class and is now gone.
    - LOL at bastion being considered a "moderately useful" CP passive and not a "strong" one. The rich stay rich while everyone else gets nerfed.

PS: Wanna know a good way to limit the effectiveness of stacking one resource pool? Soft caps
    Buff Soft Caps
    Options
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    @Blackfyre20 what's the BoL change?
    Options
  • Blackfyre20
    Blackfyre20
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other

Only heals in a 180 degree cone in front of you so it requires at least a little bit more skill from the reactive wearing healbots. Also allows templars to have a little more control over their heals.
    Buff Soft Caps
    Options
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Only heals in a 180 degree cone in front of you so it requires at least a little bit more skill from the reactive wearing healbots. Also allows templars to have a little more control over their heals.

Ohhhh I didn't recognize the base skill name. I thought that was the cast time AOE one, lol.
    Options
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Subversus wrote: »
    God forbid people have to spec a little for regen now as well instead of going balls deep damage. This patch will surely weed out those crutching on CP thinking they're any good.

"spec a little for regen"? try - spec entirely for regen.

as of now this patch kills build diversity. everyone and their mother are gonna be running around in seducers, lich/amberplasm with no room for any variation. 3 of the 5 classes are now obsolete. play warden/sorc or gtfo. this is not a good patch as of now.
    Invictus
    Options
  • bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Full disclaimer: I main a magblade and spend 95% of my time either in PvP or trying to gear up for PvP. Further, I am mostly only concerned with Battlegrounds for the coming patch because this is where I will focus my time. I am still holding out to see what changes go live. I am happy with the overall direction of nerfing sustain. I think unlimited sustain has gotten out of hand in both PvP and PvE - to all those PvE players saying "PvP got PvE nerfed," I think you're wrong because I believe this is ZoS's statement that sustain was also out of hand in PvE and that it needed to be nerfed in both. So I am happy with the direction ZoS is trying to take the meta - to a choose sustain or damage meta instead of the have your cake and eat it too meta we currently have with tanky, high burst damage, unlimited sustain builds.

That being said, I think some of the balance changes are inexplicable. The one that really jumps out to me is leaving Dark Deal alone. Stam Sorcs are the poster child for the unlimited sustain meta. They run 600 regen in heavy with nothing invested into regen CP and still never run out of resources. Yet Dark Deal is not nerfed while battle roar, siphoning attacks, etc. are further nerfed. This is truly inexplicable to me. Sorcs, in general, have been left alone which seems bizarre since they are already on top. Mag Sorcs have even escaped the CP changes in a big way because bastion is staying at 25% strength instead of being lowered to 15%.

On another note, I am perfectly happy with the decision to make Battlegrounds no CP. But this highlights the discrepancy in nerfs even more. Since the CP changes are irrelevant to BGs, the only applicable changes are the class changes. Again, 3 of the 4 classes were heavily nerfed directly while Sorc remained untouched. Stam Sorcs and Mag Sorcs can feel free to role out whatever builds they've been using in Azuras or used during the no-CP week and they'll just keep on chugging along as normal. Meanwhile, all the other classes have gotten huge nerfs and will need to adjust accordingly. I think the total lack of Sorc nerfs is going to be felt strong in BGs if no adjustments are made.
    Options
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    Subversus wrote: »
    God forbid people have to spec a little for regen now as well instead of going balls deep damage. This patch will surely weed out those crutching on CP thinking they're any good.

"spec a little for regen"? try - spec entirely for regen.

as of now this patch kills build diversity. everyone and their mother are gonna be running around in seducers, lich/amberplasm with no room for any variation. 3 of the 5 classes are now obsolete. play warden/sorc or gtfo. this is not a good patch as of now.

There is currently no diversity. Because you have to build for 100% damage or be essentially a wet noodle. This logic goes both ways. BSW or bust.
    Options