Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Are You Happy With The Morrowind PTS Notes?

• LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    Subversus wrote: »
    God forbid people have to spec a little for regen now as well instead of going balls deep damage. This patch will surely weed out those crutching on CP thinking they're any good.

"spec a little for regen"? try - spec entirely for regen.

as of now this patch kills build diversity. everyone and their mother are gonna be running around in seducers, lich/amberplasm with no room for any variation. 3 of the 5 classes are now obsolete. play warden/sorc or gtfo. this is not a good patch as of now.

There is currently no diversity. Because you have to build for 100% damage or be essentially a wet noodle. This logic goes both ways. BSW or bust.

But there was diversity ... prior to Homestead. It was the "balance" changes in Homestead that gave us this "mag DPS runs BSW and stam DPS runs TFS" meta. Before that at least we had some mix of TBS/BSW/Necropotence/Scathing/Mother's Sorrow/Leviathan/NMG/Spriggan's/etc.
    Edited by LiquidPony on April 18, 2017 5:36PM
    Options
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    God forbid people have to spec a little for regen now as well instead of going balls deep damage. This patch will surely weed out those crutching on CP thinking they're any good.

as of now this patch kills build diversity. everyone and their mother are gonna be running around in seducers, lich/amberplasm with no room for any variation. 3 of the 5 classes are now obsolete. play warden/sorc or gtfo. this is not a good patch as of now.

There is currently no diversity. Because you have to build for 100% damage or be essentially a wet noodle. This logic goes both ways. BSW or bust.

false. i have multiple sets/builds i alternate between daily. full damage, split regen/damage, debuff/regen, debuff/damage all on magblade only one spec i run is full damage and it's not even my most used.

next patch my sets are gonna be: regen/regen and that is it.
    Edited by Lucky28 on April 18, 2017 5:39PM
    Invictus
    Options
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Not even a little.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
    Options
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

false. i have multiple sets/builds i alternate between daily. full damage, split regen/damage, debuff/regen, debuff/damage all on magblade only one spec i run is full damage and it's not even my most used.

next patch my sets are gonna be: regen/regen and that is it.

You made a generalization, I made a generalization. Both are true regardless of 1 exception.
    Options
  • Most_Awesome
    Most_Awesome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Love the changes, if it makes the toxic 1vX mentality players quit, then the game just got a lot better
    Options
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Love the changes, if it makes the toxic 1vX mentality players quit, then the game just got a lot better

The game would get a lot better if all PvPers would quit. ;)
    Edited by LiquidPony on April 18, 2017 5:50PM
    Options
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Looks like 70% so far.... ZOS this is not good ... a vast majority of players few this as a wrong pathway... Nerfs on this scale are bad ... do you really want to make 70% percent of your population unhappy ...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Jules wrote: »
    RIP STAM DK
    RIP SMALL SCALE
    RIP LIFE

/agree

People have no clue just how bad Stam DK's are atm..
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I don't get some of the changes. We want to remove extended sustains... But then we're killing burst damage too. As a ganking stamblade, I really can't go toe-to-toe with a tank or a shield stacker. I don't get why people have to have time to react. They have plenty of skills they can be using to find me before I get them.

I would have expected the CP cap to be majorly increased since this isn't a DLC or update, but an "expansion." Thirty seems to be a DLC/update number. I was hoping for at least 99 (699).

There are just a lot of questions about the balance in PvP that I will just have to wait and watch through the PTS comments. Hopefully there are a good group of players between casual and min/maxers doing PvP content testing.
    Options
  • squishedbysnorlaxub17_ESO
    No
    My poor poor templar healer that ZOS decided needed to retire apparently
    https://twitch.tv/squishedbysnorlax

Conqueror's Crown
    Elder Scrolls Exchange
    Three Khajiiti Meadery

Characters Cp630+.
    Main - Dabien Dabrel - Breton - Templar Healer AD
    Purrsian - Based off my Sweetheart cat RIP - Khajiit - Dragonknight Tank AD
    Two-Loose - Based off my Fat Orange Cat - Khajiit - Stamina Sorcerer AD
    Deadjeff - Imperial - Hybrid PvE Dragonknight Tank DC
    No Bubbles For You - Dunmer - Vamp Stamina Nightblade AD
    Mane A'Kush Blo-Tri - Khajiit - Nightblade Tank AD
    Olga of Kiev - Altmer - Magicka Sorcerer
    Stronk Gonk - Orsimer - Werewolf Stamina Dragonknight - My only baby toon
    Smonky Dodle - Dunmer - Vampire Magicka Dragonknight
    Options
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    No buff for stam DPS and no nerfs for magsorcs? Then it sucks.

Enjoy the new 8 x Magsorc DPS Trials meta.

No buff for stam DPS? What about the fact that caltrops now costs 50% less and deals 75% more damage in an 8m radius for 12 sec and can be stacked? How's that for a mad stamina AoE buff?

Overall, I'm pretty pleasently surprised that ZOS handled this whole resource management thing as well as they did. Hats off to them.

@IzakiBrotherSs the caltrops change is one thing I do actually like in these patch notes ... but I wouldn't be surprised if that gets reverted when the PvPers get their grubby hands on it. And even that's a double-edged sword. The old caltrops (with the giant radius and long duration) was great for keeping mobs at bay, especially in Maelstrom. No more of that. And the cost reduction isn't really a buff considering the duration was reduced by more than 50%. So now I get 24 seconds of caltrops with 2 uses of the GCD versus 30 seconds for 1, for the same cost.

I don't see an extra 3k DPS or whatever being nearly enough to get stam DPS back in the end-game. Still no range, no shields, and poor group utility. Stam DPS needs much more than caltrops stacking. We need stam morphs of AoE DoTs built in to the classes. We need a useable stam shield. We need better ranged options.
    Edited by LiquidPony on April 18, 2017 6:26PM
    Options
  • Ballzy321
    Ballzy321
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Poisons for the win no one will sustain in cyro now
    Options
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Hmm really ??? You really believe that this only affects them... ??
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    The patch was needed, but damn if it feels heavy all at once xD
    Options
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Turelus wrote: »
    Fine for me, I'll adapt and keep playing.

Not the first time I've been in an MMO with a major shake up patch, but even the first time for ESO.

We have an ESO is dead RIP ESO cry every patch now, people are still playing.

Nothing like this before ...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
  • MrBrandon
    MrBrandon
    ✭✭✭
    They should've just changed CP when it comes to sustain, but they went to far and nerfed light,medium and heavy.
    Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Changes to dk/redguard/repentance are glorious. Thank you ZOS, its about time some real balance happend. It was all downhill after 1.6 but now its looking pretty good.
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • Rajajshka
    Rajajshka
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Easily the worst patch for the game imo. If they wanted to nerf sustain, that's fine but nerfing almost everything that gives resources management is just a horrible decision. And from what people on the pts are saying it's pretty much just going to be heavy attack online unless you stack every single thing into sustaining, but even then it'll probably be a chore and you'll most likely have no damage. The changes to Orbs & shards don't help either

I really don't like this patch
    Options
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Changes to dk/redguard/repentance are glorious. Thank you ZOS, its about time some real balance happend. It was all downhill after 1.6 but now its looking pretty good.

Are you on the test server...
    Edited by Durham on April 18, 2017 6:57PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
  • Aeolwind
    Aeolwind
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I cancelled my Morrowind preorder. My sub also expires in June.
    Options
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nerfs like this one which is the largest in the life of the game... This is not good for the health of the game ...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
  • Rygonix
    Rygonix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    These notes have a lot of refining to do, a lot of changes seem broad-swept and heavy-handed and need finer tuning. I will reserve final judgement until closer to June but for the time being I am not impressed.
    Ceres Des Mortem-Dark Elf Templar, EP
    PC-NA
    Options
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Overall yes, but i don't think a 42% nerf on Constitution was necessary. They should have removed Wrath instead and toned down constitution by 20% at most.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
    Options
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Morrowind, the expectation for this is to be the biggest thing to have ever come to eso.

Right when you think all they needed to do was buff stam pve dps, fix nightblades up in pvp/pve and after that then you can tweek sustain through cp. They take it further nerfing even more and not even buffing the weakest classes. It is not a case so much for just 'I cannot sustain' but really? How can you redesign a system without making sure your classes are intact? Absolutely disappointed from a day one mained stam nb, our faith entirely lays in the hands of PTS and 'if' zos wants to get to complete moksha, which baffles me. Fix nb cloak and nb in general (unerf death stroke or restore the ult cost to prior and put the CC back to when you were lower health than target.). Magnb Buff? Why do they pale compared to melee templar/dk? AND ranged dps. Power extraction to be the best stamina spammable aoe(Wow a stamina class with a little spice, steel tornado isnt bis)? How am I the only one seeing this....every other class has dots or some form of good damage built in(hurricane/noxious venomclaw/potl). After that you can do whatever you want to CP. Class balance, not sorcerer VIP access.
    The Flyers
    Options
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But there was diversity ... prior to Homestead. It was the "balance" changes in Homestead that gave us this "mag DPS runs BSW and stam DPS runs TFS" meta. Before that at least we had some mix of TBS/BSW/Necropotence/Scathing/Mother's Sorrow/Leviathan/NMG/Spriggan's/etc.

This game is definitely becoming more homogenous and I see @Wrobel is continuing that. Will have to wait and see how it turns out in Morrowind.

If these classes become anymore alike and boring that's going to be a tragedy. This game has so much potential it would be a shame to see boring and homogenous classes ruin it. Such fantastic quests, dungeons, trials, lore, voice acting , and music to be wrecked by boring classes and various skills being changed to work the same.

Edited by Khaos_Bane on April 18, 2017 7:58PM
    Options
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Khaos_Bane wrote: »

This game is definitely becoming more homogenous and I see @Wrobel is continuing that. Will have to wait and see how it turns out in Morrowind.

If these classes become anymore alike and boring that's going to be a tragedy. This game has so much potential it would be a shame to see boring and homogenous classes ruin it. Such fantastic quests, dungeons, trials, lore, voice acting , and music to be wrecked by boring classes and various skills being changed to work the same.

Agreed.

When people ask for advice running a stamina NB, I always say "kill the bad man before he can hurt you, and dodge-roll a lot." You don't have healing, but you have massive burst damage and solid sustain via Surprise Attack and Siphoning Attacks.

Now that Siphoning Attacks has been nerfed and provides healing instead of useful resource return, the playstyle has been homogenized. NBs were unique in that you had high burst potential but low survivability, making for builds that (for instance) were capable of super-high vMA scores but a very steep learning curve and little margin for error that required you to constantly be on the move and ready to avoid the next attack rather than eating the damage with an easy-mode shield or healing through it with Crit Surge. Remove the sustain and give them a built-in heal and you've just got a watered-down stamsorc.

I guess I just don't understand the whole "raise the floor, lower the ceiling" thing they're going after. The people they are targeting with that philosophy don't care about difficulty because everything outside of the 4 DLC dungeons and Trials is unbelievably easy.
    Edited by LiquidPony on April 18, 2017 8:03PM
    Options
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Yes.
    Because we obviously could work around losing 16% Cost Reduction via CP as part of the challenge. But only that much.

No.
    Because most likely by developers unawareness on heavy-attack builds existence they were allowed to take over the meta (Molten Armanents/Elegant Set/35% buff on weapon attacks via CP up from 25%). One-click DPS instead of using rotation cheese is worse than Overload cheese we had before. Quite similar though.
    Options
  • BloodMagicLord
    BloodMagicLord
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Sustain needed nerfing, but they did it wrong.
    They've gone crazy and nerfed every source of sustain possible, including classes, when all that really needed nerfing was the CP side of things (Non-CP is currently in a pretty good place when it comes to damage vs sustain, in my opinion).
    PC EU | Tank | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart
    STOP CLASS HOMOGENISATION
    Options
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Heavy Attacks Online
    PC-NA
    Options
  • dvogiatziseb17_ESO
    No