The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.4 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Are You Happy With The Morrowind PTS Notes?

Father_X_Zombie
Father_X_Zombie
✭✭✭✭
Rip Eso
Edited by Father_X_Zombie on April 18, 2017 1:52AM
GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

Are You Happy With The Morrowind PTS Notes? 437 votes

Yes
22%
AuldjohnkadarErock25grendel_esoJsmallsDominoidwillklippsteinb14_ESOXionarSydriastevvvob16_ESOsantos.vellab16_ESOTurelusMost_AwesomeEnodocSkayaqDemionJitterbuganitajoneb17_ESOhollywooddreamfarer 98 votes
No
71%
MorbashCavalryPKrophez_ESOGilvothchancefate81_ESOMoloch1514Bladorthinarkansas_ESOTraybair_ESOsticx45_ESOljb2k5_ESOXexpoUriel_NocturneYolokin_SwagonbornMojmirKilandrosForestd16b14_ESOTakutogameswithaspoonMurderMostFoul 311 votes
Other
6%
SolarikenAllPlayAndNoWorkPublius_ScipioIrtanthegamersaynyeb17_ESOArwat_WahadF7sus4MorimizoParasaurolophusDerraLyranderOompuhToomdadCadburyJaybe_MawfakaBlackfyre20DocFrost72bubbyginkjeedrzejStefanPro 28 votes
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Why ZOS :(
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

Options
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I'll keep this simple. No answer to the rng madness across the game (now with skills!).

Also can someone tell me if when the say "caltrops stack" do they also mean the snare with it? If so, yuck.
    Options
  • Azicah
    Azicah
    ✭✭✭
    No
    You already know what the end result would be.
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    A large list of nerfs after 2 previous patches containing large lists of nerfs as well as no sign of any RNG drop gear grind relief and no trait rebalance. Everything I didn't ask for with none of the things that would have made me happy. This will be a tough update to swallow.
    Options
  • jl10899
    jl10899
    Soul Shriven
    No
    I don't understand why regen and ability cost are getting hit so hard.
    Options
  • LorDrek
    LorDrek
    ✭✭✭
    No
    This patch is unbalance. Thx zos.
    Imperial DK stamDPS, Nord DK magTANK
    YDoA CZ/SK Guild
    @LorDrek
    Options
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why it is so hard for them to actually care about their game is beyond me.

They do not play their own game at a high level obviously.

Remember an old video from a disgruntled streamer who summed it perfectly.

"Another lazy patch from ZOS. Every time - nerf it by 50% or double it. That's it. Nerf it by half or double it. No testing is done obviously by anyone with a clue how the game works."

Ugh, can anyone remember the last patch that actually helped this game? I would say homestead but it didn't do enough to fix problems people have been pointing out for some time.
    Options
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    giphy.gif
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    Options
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No buff for stam DPS and no nerfs for magsorcs? Then it sucks.

Enjoy the new 8 x Magsorc DPS Trials meta.
    Options
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Seems like a good start to focus on their goals. Likely things will change before live, as usual.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

Options
  • Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    The fact that ZOS can even think these patch notes are close to balanced makes me seriously doubt the future of this game. The only other explanation I can think of is ZOS has no intention of letting these go live. That way when they throttle back some of the nerfs, they look like a company that listens and cares, while everyone breathes a sigh of relief while happily eating their **** sandwich.

Another way of looking at it is if I threaten to nerf you 100% but concede in only nerfing you 75%. You will just be happy you didn't get the 100% nerf even though 75% was too much to begin with.
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Fine for me, I'll adapt and keep playing.

Not the first time I've been in an MMO with a major shake up patch, but even the first time for ESO.

We have an ESO is dead RIP ESO cry every patch now, people are still playing.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    God forbid people have to spec a little for regen now as well instead of going balls deep damage. This patch will surely weed out those crutching on CP thinking they're any good.
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Turelus wrote: »

Not the first time I've been in an MMO with a major shake up patch, but even the first time for ESO.

If the next set of patch notes read "everyone loses 500 cp, all AP, your house burned down and we killed a puppy" some people would still play. Some people still playing does not mean that your patch is well received or popular. The big question is, why release a patch that has a huge list of negative feeling changes when you know you'll lose players over it. Some players will always be happy, but you don't have to go out of your way to upset players with excessive nerfs.
    Options
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

If the next set of patch notes read "everyone loses 500 cp, all AP, your house burned down and we killed a puppy" some people would still play. Some people still playing does not mean that your patch is well received or popular. The big question is, why release a patch that has a huge list of negative feeling changes when you know you'll lose players over it. Some players will always be happy, but you don't have to go out of your way to upset players with excessive nerfs.

One person's excessive needs is another person's finally fixing power probs.

This patch seems to be another step in their progressive efforts to bring ceiling to floor diff closer.

For some that's an abomination, for others, a plan.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

Options
  • trinimacNcheese
    trinimacNcheese
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Because my only character is a magicka sorcerer and there were rumors that the Lich set would be nerfed this patch, but instead they left it alone :)
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Because a lot of people agree with ZOS. Yes it's a big change and need to the current meta, but did we really want a full sustain max damage meta for the rest of the games life?

I'll personally be glad to actually do boss mechanics again rather than burn it before the phase changes.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    At least we're finally getting the extra storage we've been asking for. That's a positive.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    Options
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    ZOS: Make CP useless again.
    Groupfinder:
    The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a restro staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.

Rulz of Morrowind:
    • The first rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • The second rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • Third rule of Morrowind: Someone yells NDA stuff, uploads images, streams, the game is over.
    • Fourth rule: only invited players can test.
    • Fifth rule: one invite at a time, fellas.
    • Sixth rule: crying or bashing on pts.
    • Seventh rule: NDA will go on as long as they have to.
    • And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first invite at Morrowind, you have to play.
    Options
  • Leon119
    Leon119
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes. And also i love the fact they added dev comments on the notes. Been nagging about that for a year xD
    Options
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    They did exactly what we'd predict they'd do. They built the game around DPS, and sustain, and now their nerfing their ability to actually do it.

I'm pretty much gone, i'm just installing the PTS in order to confirm whether or not the build will be unviable, and if it isn't, this game gets *** all from me.

You built the game around the infinite sustain your removing, guys. You never did learn how to lisen to us.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on April 18, 2017 7:05AM
    Options
  • Aliniel
    Aliniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Immortal builds should simply die with these changes. Which has been long overdue. Resource management should lead to more careful builds - not just mindlessly stacking Spell and Weapon damage.
    Options
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    RIP STAM DK
    RIP SMALL SCALE
    RIP LIFE
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
    Options
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I was already basically at the bottom of the barrel already and just when I was thinking about actually getting into pve

Nope
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

Options
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Why ZOS :(

I think it's because ZOS hates money.
    Options
  • ColoredScreams
    ColoredScreams
    ✭✭✭
    No
    They didn't address Damage shields + Pirate Skeleton (a 1% decrease in proc chance? what a joke), the solid fact that dark deal is and will ignore Zenimax's recovery nerfs, did not compensate stamplars like they did magicka templars for the removal of their major mending (they buffed their "mending" passive which only benefits magickplars), did not mention a fix for the streak bug, gutted several classes while allowing sorceress (both stamina and magicka) to face only the common global nerfs that everyone else recieves and not class specific nerfs like the rest of the classes received. I reiterate, they nerfed the population with global sustain changes that I can agree with, but they also implemented Templar, Dragon Knight, and Nightblades class specific nerfs, but left Sorcerers untouched.
    Edited by ColoredScreams on April 18, 2017 2:02PM
    Options
  • NolaArch
    NolaArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nah.
    Ardat-Yakshii EP Stam NB
    36k anchovy club
    Mash the buttons, hope for the best!
    I have some achievements
    Options
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    It's going to be really tedious trying to take a keep when people can stack 10+ caltrops on the breach.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
    Options
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    The latest changes are in the right directions but we still need some more adjustments.
    Because I can!
    Options
  • Midori_Oku
    Midori_Oku
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    It's basically a yes and no for me. I do think sustain is something that should be nerfed, but I feel like they may be taking it a bit too far. Not only are there nerfs to sustain, but even damage with mighty and elemental expert only going to 15% instead of 25%. This is just going to increase the gap between players who can and who can't complete certain content. For example, my main group has no problem doing any content in the game, but I also have another group I play with from time to time that has a hard time beating some of the easier vet dungeons, and can barely beat some of the harder ones even if I'm there.

I really do like some of the changes though. The caltrops changes seems like it will be good.
    Midori Oku - Female High Elf - Magicka Sorcerer
    Allesse Nightvale - Female Wood Elf - Stamina Dragonknight
    Raelette Velaoche - Female Breton - Magicka Templar
    Options