The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Ball of Lighting negating Meteor

• HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lord_Hev wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »
    loki547 wrote: »
    Minalan wrote: »
    Aerem wrote: »
    OMG THERE IS COUNTER PLAY NERF IT QUICKLY! WE NEED NO COUNTER PLAY!

ay let my wings reflect meteor and we can talk

Only if I can reflect incap and DBoS with the shield ultimate.

Ultimates aren't supposed to be reflectable, except for maybe potato-verload.

Dude I actually killed someone with overload earlier today. Its on my resto bar (my resto is purple quality cause I'm a scrub) and the overload was barely doing any damage at all, but somehow I killed someone. I just thought screw this imma overload this dude and it kinda worked. I'm still shocked.

Dude I actually killed someone with overload earlier today. Its on my resto bar (my resto is purple quality cause I'm a scrub) and the overload was barely doing any damage at all, but somehow I killed someone. I just thought screw this imma overload this dude and it kinda worked. I'm still shocked.

Erzareth would be proud.

Am i the only one wishing they´d finally turn overlol into a useful ultimate and remove the 3rd bar that creates oh so many balancing problems for sorcs? ._.

I would like to be able to reliably get out of overload. The main reason I cannot rely on it because getting stuck in it gets me killed so many damn times to stupid ****.
    I would like to be able to exit overload w/ the wep swap button (taking me to my back bar), leaving the Ult detoggle option for just getting back to your front bar that has overload slotted.

Basically, the idea is just needing to press 1 button to get to either bar.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Erzareth would be proud.

Am i the only one wishing they´d finally turn overlol into a useful ultimate and remove the 3rd bar that creates oh so many balancing problems for sorcs? ._.

I love the third bar, it's great for long term buffs like rapids, surge, and boundless storm. I wouldn't give it up for anything.

Erzareth would be proud.

I would like to be able to reliably get out of overload. The main reason I cannot rely on it because getting stuck in it gets me killed so many damn times to stupid ****.

It's usually lag that gets you. You hit R, and of course nothing happens. Hit it again, and then you suddenly leave overload, then re-enter it again right away. :neutral:

That's not the ability but the ESO servers.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Erzareth would be proud.

Last time I test it you can put mutagen on your overload/third bar. When you cast it it will bring you to your resto bar without needed to manually switch it.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Erzareth would be proud.

I love the third bar, it's great for long term buffs like rapids, surge, and boundless storm. I wouldn't give it up for anything.

And that´s precisely why i think it´s existance is problematic.

It lets you create builds without weakness because you can access 15 skillslots. Not good.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bol is so bad that I can't complain on its absorbing ulties which is obviosly a bug because Meteor has only 1 counter - block (very strong counter).
    Buff this morph somehow (and don't forget about Concealed weap, Agony, Eclipse and others)
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashamray wrote: »
    Bol is so bad that I can't complain on its absorbing ulties which is obviosly a bug because Meteor has only 1 counter - block (very strong counter).
    Buff this morph somehow (and don't forget about Concealed weap, Agony, Eclipse and others)

Meteor has no counter in a 1v1 against a magdk.

Or a magblade for that matter, sorta
    Edited by Subversus on March 24, 2017 3:34PM
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »

Or a nightblade. Also doesn't rune prison break block? Just keep your health up when they have ult. Lol
    Edited by NightbladeMechanics on March 24, 2017 3:35PM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or a nightblade. Also doesn't rune prison break block? Just keep your health up when they have ult. Lol

Yeah, every class has a cc like that afaik, hence why it technically has no counter. I didn't say it's problematic, especially since all the 'dk is back boys' heroes are playing magdk builds that hit 4k crits with whip.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Erzareth would be proud.

It lets you create builds without weakness because you can access 15 skillslots. Not good.

They should let you interrupt/bash the player trying to swap into overload putting them in an off balanced state. I know s+b/DK are a hard counter but it would be cool to be able to deal additional dmg/get a stun via off-balance.

Might be too OP, but with to explore the counter play. I'd hate for sorcs to lose that extra bar.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah, every class has a cc like that afaik, hence why it technically has no counter. I didn't say it's problematic, especially since all the 'dk is back boys' heroes are playing magdk builds that hit 4k crits with whip.

Yup, Templars' Luminous Shards disorient will break block, so all classes can do a meteor combo. Gotta time them all just right, though, since you can break free and get block up quickly.

Also I loled. :lol:
    Edited by NightbladeMechanics on March 24, 2017 4:11PM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Erzareth would be proud.

I'm all with you on that.

Having access to 15 skill slots (and 3 ultimates too btw) is definitely unbalanced. Sorcs don't even have to think about bar space. I mean all the stuff that lasts for 20 sec or is situational just goes on there, leaving room for toggles on the other bars.
    If we lose Overload, we lose the toggles. If we lose toggles, everyone will be happy.

I always thought it would be cool to have Overload be like the Call Lightning thing that Overchargers do in vAA and vSO.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup, Templars' Luminous Shards disorient will break block, so all classes can do a meteor combo. Gotta time them all just right, though, since you can break free and get block up quickly.

Also I loled. :lol:

Good
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Erzareth would be proud.

I disagree, it's not 15 skillslots access like a swich bar. You can't use overload if you are outnumbered, because people will kill you easely, or you need your shields and streak for make it work on outnumbered situations, wich it takes 3 skills.

Overload can only be use when you LoS for buffing yourself with long buff, like rune prison for no gank, and you take a lot of risk using it in even in 1v1 because you need 3 sec to use an overload bar skill and back to your true bar (4 if you need to swich).

I personally use overload as a pet sorc, because I have no space in bars, and I put mines and rune prison on it (so my overload bar is 2 pets, wall of element to break the overload bar, mines, prison rune and atronach as thrid ulitmate). I can only use my mines( or my third ultimate) if my ennemy is not on cc imunity, so I can use overload, use rune prison for stunning him and then mines for finallely back to my 2nd bar. It's not an easy way at all.

But I would be so happy if ZoS give a real good ultimate to sorc (by deleting overload), instant, not saying "hello, I'm comming" like 90% sorc damage skills and powerfull (RiP magicka DB).
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Erzareth would be proud.

Oh Derra, you think everything on sorcs is broken and unfair. And you have a new nerf sorc post every day it seems. :lol:

In this case though I'd agree with you, IF sorcs weren't forced to double bar so many useful toggle skills (all of our pets, bound aegis).

Overload is a poor place to store skills in PVP, because as often as not you get stuck in it, and it's hard to move in and out of overload fluidly when you're under pressure/lag. For the most part, it's a good place to switch to when you need to travel (rapids). I'm happy with that.

It doesn't need a nerf, it's not like we can leap through the air and shoot fire out of our backsides...
    Edited by Minalan on March 24, 2017 5:02PM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Erzareth would be proud.

Oh Derra, you think everything on sorcs is broken and unfair. And you have a new nerf sorc post every day it seems. :lol:

In this case though I'd agree with you, IF sorcs weren't forced to double bar so many useful toggle skills (all of our pets, bound aegis).

Overload is a poor place to store skills in PVP, because as often as not you get stuck in it, and it's hard to move in and out of overload fluidly when you're under pressure/lag. For the most part, it's a good place to switch to when you need to travel (rapids). I'm happy with that.

It doesn't need a nerf, it's not like we can leap through the air and shoot fire out of our backsides...

It´s funny that i only play sorc (since orsinium) though isn´t it? :tongue:

Overload is super comfortable to store a mine fort for example. I use it all the time in all sorts for encounters i have. Though i agree that for reliable use in combat it only provides 4 skillslots - or 3 and an ultimate.

I´d just much rather have something compareable to leap, incap, sweep (well maybe not sweep) that´s actually a useful low to medium cost instant ultimate instead of a 3rd bar with clunky animations.
    Edited by Derra on March 24, 2017 5:52PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Erzareth would be proud.

It´s funny that i only play sorc (since orsinium) though isn´t it? :tongue:

Overload is super comfortable to store a mine fort for example. I use it all the time in all sorts for encounters i have. Though i agree that for reliable use in combat it only provides 4 skillslots - or 3 and an ultimate.

I´d just much rather have something compareable to leap, incap, sweep (well maybe not sweep) that´s actually a useful low to medium cost instant ultimate instead of a 3rd bar with clunky animations.

I'm just having fun with you Derra :tongue: I know you're a sorc, and a good one since you seem to be able to solo just fine with just one shield.

I'd love to have an instant lightning damage dawnbreaker type skill instead of overload myself. But barring that I'll keep it as a travel bar.

You do give up something by using it that way. 1. You can't fit lights champion. And 2. You can only access those skill buffs when you have enough ultimate to do so. Once you meteor someone, you need to quickly build up enough ult just to access your own buffs. :lol: That's kind of bad. I've been caught unbuffed more often than I care to admit just because I blew an ult.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »

Erzareth would be proud.

I disagree, it's not 15 skillslots access like a swich bar. You can't use overload if you are outnumbered, because people will kill you easely, or you need your shields and streak for make it work on outnumbered situations, wich it takes 3 skills.

Overload can only be use when you LoS for buffing yourself with long buff, like rune prison for no gank, and you take a lot of risk using it in even in 1v1 because you need 3 sec to use an overload bar skill and back to your true bar (4 if you need to swich).

I personally use overload as a pet sorc, because I have no space in bars, and I put mines and rune prison on it (so my overload bar is 2 pets, wall of element to break the overload bar, mines, prison rune and atronach as thrid ulitmate). I can only use my mines( or my third ultimate) if my ennemy is not on cc imunity, so I can use overload, use rune prison for stunning him and then mines for finallely back to my 2nd bar. It's not an easy way at all.

But I would be so happy if ZoS give a real good ultimate to sorc (by deleting overload), instant, not saying "hello, I'm comming" like 90% sorc damage skills and powerfull (RiP magicka DB).

So you're saying that the third overload bar isn't actually unbalanced yet you later on claim to having access to THREE ultimates? Excuse me? The overload bar is incredibly unbalanced, other classes have toggled abilities just as well, yet they actually have to make sacrifices not just pick literally everything they need and just toss it all on 3 bars.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »

Erzareth would be proud.

So you're saying that the third overload bar isn't actually unbalanced yet you later on claim to having access to THREE ultimates? Excuse me? The overload bar is incredibly unbalanced, other classes have toggled abilities just as well, yet they actually have to make sacrifices not just pick literally everything they need and just toss it all on 3 bars.

Nobody has more toggles than sorc. Period.

Lets not drag other classes into this, Nightblades get our best two to three slot toggle skill (bound aegis) as a PASSIVE. A freaking PASSIVE, and Sorcs have to eat 2-3 slots just to get the same 8% max magicka benefit.

Solution: First get rid of double and triple bar toggle skills. Change overload to an instant AOE Magicka chain lightning DBoS or Incap. Win. Until then we're going to use three bars.

Lastly, glitching in a third ultimate is actually a BUG they haven't fixed, not a feature. You need to enter overload, and you can't leave overload with the ultimate key or else you blow that ulti. You have to GLITCH out of overload using a slotted resto staff skill. Nobody does that. It's a bug. Lets stop using this as en effing excuse to break overload functionality.