The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Ball of Lighting negating Meteor

loki547
loki547
✭✭✭✭
Just like the title says. When ZoS changed meteor to be unreflectable they also made if go through Ball of Lightning as well. I don't know if this a recent bug or not but as of yesterday Ball of Lightning morph of Streak is completely negating Meteor. @ZOS_GinaBruno @Wrobel @ZOS_BrianWheeler please not and fix this ASAP. Thanks.

• Animus-ESO
    Animus-ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG THERE IS COUNTER PLAY NERF IT QUICKLY! WE NEED NO COUNTER PLAY!
    Dude Where's My Guar?
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Because the circle underneath your feet telling you EXACTLY when to block isn't enough.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    loki547 wrote: »
    Just like the title says. When ZoS changed meteor to be unreflectable they also made if go through Ball of Lightning as well. I don't know if this a recent bug or not but as of yesterday Ball of Lightning morph of Streak is completely negating Meteor. @ZOS_GinaBruno @Wrobel @ZOS_BrianWheeler please not and fix this ASAP. Thanks.

I've already swapped out meteor, try DBoS. Sure it's not a "magicka" skill anymore, but 95% chance you're fighting a vampire and it does a LOT more damage to them to make up for the "mighty" thing.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ball Lightning still absorbs Meteor/Soul Assault. Ball Lightning pet must be active at the time of meteor/soul assault cast to absorb it.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ball of Lighting has always worked this way. With a 2.5 sec ball this makes it worth using. It's absorbing it no different then Hardened Ward. I'd say it's fair considering you give up Streak damage for it.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's done this for a very long time. lmao
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still not worth using over streak though.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • loki547
    loki547
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ball of Lighting has always worked this way. With a 2.5 sec ball this makes it worth using. It's absorbing it no different then Hardened Ward. I'd say it's fair considering you give up Streak damage for it.

Wrong. BoL used to legitimately negate meteor back in the day when Defensive Posture and wings would also reflect it. ZoS changed this when they made Meteor non reflecable as they don't want Ultimates to be negated by normal skills (and rightly so) Meteor went though BoL for as many patches as I can remember (even have some shadowplay as proof). It could be a bug introduced with Homestead or even One Tamriel as BoL was/is used so scarcely.
    Edited by loki547 on March 22, 2017 2:07AM
  • loki547
    loki547
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dawnbreaker of Smiting makes me shed a tear everytime I use it because it doesn't hit for 20k+ anymore
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I AGREE PVP IS ABOUT ROLEPLAY NOT PLAYER VS PLAYER FIGHTING. IF I CANT WIN ALWAYS IT MUST BE BROKEN.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure it Ball of Lightning always absorbed meteors.

Whether intended or not is another story. Morph is so bad that I think it's ok.
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Counter play for just one class shouldn't be a thing. If DK's can't reflect it, NB's can't cloak away from it, and Templars can't purge out of it, then sorcs shouldn't be able to use Ball of Lightning to negate it. Blocking is the counter to it for every other class and it should be the same for sorcs.
    Edited by Firerock2 on March 22, 2017 5:41AM
  • LegendaryChef
    LegendaryChef
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I'm aware it only absorbs the meteor if you cast the meteor while the ball of light is currently active which if true in my opinion isn't broken at all.

See ball = don't cast meteor. [SNIp]

[Edited for bait]
    Edited by ZOS_JohanaB on March 22, 2017 11:52AM
    Zzoro/Elliot Brown/Baldy ~Kitesquad/Noricum~
    PC EU.
    Spider mount was the only good part about morrowind release.
  • loki547
    loki547
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok to all the pretty sures and as far as I'm awares I'm telling you that you are indeed wrong. Ball of lightning absorbs spell projectiles, Meteor is not a spell projectile (anymore) insofar as it can't be cloaked reflected or purged. BoL did not absorb meteor for many many patches, and was indicated as such in corresponding patch notes. This is what I would call a new old bug in the same vein as Rally heals being dodged etc
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok to all the pretty sures and as far as I'm awares I'm telling you that you are indeed wrong. Ball of lightning absorbs spell projectiles, Meteor is not a spell projectile (anymore) insofar as it can't be cloaked reflected or purged. BoL did not absorb meteor for many many patches, and was indicated as such in corresponding patch notes. This is what I would call a new old bug in the same vein as Rally heals being dodged etc

Someone claimed bol absorbed lolassault aswell.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Someone claimed bol absorbed lolassault aswell.

It does
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    From the 2.3.5 PTS notes:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/251063/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-3-5#latest

Meteor: This ability and its morphs can no longer be reflected. We also fixed an issue where the damage over time from this ability would appear at the wrong location when cast on a moving target.

It says it can't be "reflected" it doesn't say anything about it not being able to be "Absorbed".

Force Shock can't be reflected either, but it can be absorbed with Ball of Lighting ot Absorb Magic morph of defensive stance.

Sometimes Ball of Lighting bugs and the ball doesn't even work....my tests on the Dark Brotherhood and One Tamriel PTS showed Ball of Lighting and Absorb Magic morph of defensive stance would absorb Meteors(With Absorb Magic the ground DOT of Meteor still worked but the rock itself was absorbed and converted to health), Ball of Lighting required the Ball to be up BEFORE the meteor was cast, and the ball not being bugged out.(This is why Meteor would sometimes ignore the ball, because the ball was bugged and non-functioning)

A lot of people don't know this, but the Absorb Magic morph of Defensive Posture will absorb Meteors and convert it to health. My friends @Minno ran this morph exclusively until a few weeks ago for this reason. He has since moved on to a non-sword and board set up to try something new.

Ball of Lighting just seems so good now because it was useless for 18 months due to its nerf combined with everyone being stamina due to how OP stamina was for so long. The Streak bug, and folks morphing to Ball so they don't get Negated and Rooted with the Streak bug, many meta magic builds are finding Ball of Lighting to be a hard counter.

If Ezareth was here, he would tell you:

"The 6.5 to 2.5 sec Ball duration actually helps with the bugs with Ball to some degree"

And

"Ball of Lighting has always been the better morph"

I didn't test Absorb Magic this patch to see if it still absorbs Meteor, but it should, as no patch notes have said any otherwise about any changes to it.
    Edited by RinaldoGandolphi on March 22, 2017 11:58AM
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure it Ball of Lightning always absorbed meteors.

Whether intended or not is another story. Morph is so bad that I think it's ok.

If Ezareth was still around, this would be blasphemy ;) (just kidding)

It was only so bad for awhile because 8 out of 10 builds in PVP were stam. The meta switching back to magic has made Ball of Lighting very good again for mitigating damage, and its a very hard counter to the majority of meta magic ranged builds....

If Streak wasn't bugged, it would probably still be slightly better, but Ball of Lighting is good again now that we are in a magic meta...it will mitigate 80% of the damge being tossed your way nowadays compered to the past 18 months of stam dominance when the skill was useless.

Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

• TrueGreenSmoker
    TrueGreenSmoker
    ✭✭✭
    I made a video earlier and I saw someone dropping a meteor and it hit my Ball instead of me. Saw going to put it on the forum too haha

PS4 - NA - CP 859+
    #1 Magicka Sorc - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen
    #2 Magicka DK - AD - Dark Elf - Vampire - Flamy Burnin Alot
    #3 Magicka Temp - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen Temp
    #4 Magicka NB - AD - Breton - Vampire - Magic of the Night
    #5 Magicka Sorc - DC - High Elf - Vampire - High Old Elf
    #6 Stamina Sorc - EP - Orc - Normal - Original Herbalist
    #7 Stamina NB - AD - Redguard - Vampire - Gank and Blaze
    #8 Magicka DK - EP - Argonian - Vamp - Flamy-Tail

PS4 - EU - CP 249
    #1 Magicka Temp - DC - Breton - Normal - Mary Healer Jane
    #2 Magicka Sorc - DC High Elf - Normal - Baked Wizard of DC

Playing on PS4 NA
    media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdgl7fwlj61ro2d43.gif
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can say this. When ZoS changed the Templar Cleansing ritual so that it no longer cleansed meteors (Thieve's Guild I think), the actual Purge skill purged meteors. This was way after meteors were "fixed" by Zos to be unreflectable and uncleansible. I'm not pretty sure about this, I know it did because I ran in a ball-group whose job was it to purge. Whether purge does now I cannot say, but the point is even after ZoS "fixed" meteor getting cleansed/reflected, it still happened. It would not surprise me at all if Ball of Lightning's interaction with meteor never changed. So few people ran that morph, the bug could have easily gone undetected for a long time.
    Edited by Joy_Division on March 22, 2017 2:28PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the 2.3.5 PTS notes:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/251063/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-3-5#latest

Meteor: This ability and its morphs can no longer be reflected. We also fixed an issue where the damage over time from this ability would appear at the wrong location when cast on a moving target.

It says it can't be "reflected" it doesn't say anything about it not being able to be "Absorbed".

Force Shock can't be reflected either, but it can be absorbed with Ball of Lighting ot Absorb Magic morph of defensive stance.

Sometimes Ball of Lighting bugs and the ball doesn't even work....my tests on the Dark Brotherhood and One Tamriel PTS showed Ball of Lighting and Absorb Magic morph of defensive stance would absorb Meteors(With Absorb Magic the ground DOT of Meteor still worked but the rock itself was absorbed and converted to health), Ball of Lighting required the Ball to be up BEFORE the meteor was cast, and the ball not being bugged out.(This is why Meteor would sometimes ignore the ball, because the ball was bugged and non-functioning)

A lot of people don't know this, but the Absorb Magic morph of Defensive Posture will absorb Meteors and convert it to health. My friends @Minno ran this morph exclusively until a few weeks ago for this reason. He has since moved on to a non-sword and board set up to try something new.

Ball of Lighting just seems so good now because it was useless for 18 months due to its nerf combined with everyone being stamina due to how OP stamina was for so long. The Streak bug, and folks morphing to Ball so they don't get Negated and Rooted with the Streak bug, many meta magic builds are finding Ball of Lighting to be a hard counter.

If Ezareth was here, he would tell you:

"The 6.5 to 2.5 sec Ball duration actually helps with the bugs with Ball to some degree"

And

"Ball of Lighting has always been the better morph"

I didn't test Absorb Magic this patch to see if it still absorbs Meteor, but it should, as no patch notes have said any otherwise about any changes to it.

And I stopped running Absorb Magicka because the game considered it a "Shield". This meant Shield breaker would work on it, despite the fact it wasn't a shield but an "absorb". Taking obscene dmg for no reason sucked lol.
    Edited by Minno on March 22, 2017 3:31PM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • loki547
    loki547
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now that I think of it the change was even before meteor went unreflectable, I have some hilarious shadowplay clips with several sorcs being hammered with a Meteor because of the change.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    Ball Lightning still absorbs Meteor/Soul Assault. Ball Lightning pet must be active at the time of meteor/soul assault cast to absorb it.

Quoting because apparently people can't read.
  • Aerem
    Aerem
    ✭✭✭

ay let my wings reflect meteor and we can talk

#mDK Masterrace
    #NerfDragonblood
    #NerfmDK

Aerem Incendium l mDK
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see what the problem is with BoL absorbing meteors is. To begin with, using BoL over Streak sacrifices any offensive use of it - for instance you can't streak streak over NBs cloaking right in front of you for a guaranteed stun+reveal, or use it to push ppl into execute, ect.

Second, in order to actually absorb the meteor, BoL timing has to be very specific. I've tested this myself, if you cast meteor when the ball is still visible, the meteor will hit because the ball's duration is so short now that it will be gone when the meteor renders. You have a 1 sec window of about between 0.5-1.5 sec after the meteor is cast on you to use BoL to actually get it to absorb the meteor. Wait any longer and the meteor still hits you even though the ball is up.

As such, it's almost impossible to guarantee an absorb in open pvp when being one animation too late means you still get hit. Ergo, you are still forced to block when you see the meteor circle on you.
    Edited by HoloYoitsu on March 22, 2017 9:33PM
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aerem wrote: »

Only if I can reflect incap and DBoS with the shield ultimate.

Ultimates aren't supposed to be reflectable, except for maybe potato-verload.
    Edited by Minalan on March 22, 2017 11:24PM
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

Dude I actually killed someone with overload earlier today. Its on my resto bar (my resto is purple quality cause I'm a scrub) and the overload was barely doing any damage at all, but somehow I killed someone. I just thought screw this imma overload this dude and it kinda worked. I'm still shocked.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • loki547
    loki547
    ✭✭✭✭

Dude I actually killed someone with overload earlier today. Its on my resto bar (my resto is purple quality cause I'm a scrub) and the overload was barely doing any damage at all, but somehow I killed someone. I just thought screw this imma overload this dude and it kinda worked. I'm still shocked.

Erzareth would be proud.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Erzareth would be proud.

Am i the only one wishing they´d finally turn overlol into a useful ultimate and remove the 3rd bar that creates oh so many balancing problems for sorcs? ._.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Erzareth would be proud.

Am i the only one wishing they´d finally turn overlol into a useful ultimate and remove the 3rd bar that creates oh so many balancing problems for sorcs? ._.

I would like to be able to reliably get out of overload. The main reason I cannot rely on it because getting stuck in it gets me killed so many damn times to stupid ****.
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA