Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would You Accept nMSA Dropping Maelstrom Weapons? (read before rage posting)

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    even if it was as low as 10% i would run nMSA instead of vMSA just for the fact that it will not be that stressful. The only acceptable option is to have the weapons drop at low rates on nMSA excluding defending,sharpened,and precise.

How about that?! If you want the best traits go vMSA.

What happens if they change all traits again and the meta shifts to a trait in normal though. I don't think trait exclusion would be a good long term as a balance for the difficulty.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I don't think you should be able to get weapons from normal.

You can literally stand still on normal and never die.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I say yes, but only if they include less-desired traits in the drop pool, like training, as well as improve the quality to gold and traits of vMA weapons, i.e. way more sharpened dps weapons, not decisive or powered.

Say you run the daily quest for nMA, and you get a blue weapon from one of the sets from MA, as well as a 25% chance to get a blue Maelstrom weapon. That weapon can be any trait, as well as any kind of weapon. This means you have a 25% chance to get utter crap.
    In vMA, you now get a purple ring or weapon of a Maelstrom set as well as a guarenteed gold Maelstrom weapon, and DPS weapons (two-handers, dual wield, and destruction staves) will no longer drop in "undesired" traits like decisive, powered, and defending.
    Also possibly activate Hard Mode vMA before entering the Arena to get double drops on the last chest. Pretty much how vet trials work with loot in terms of quality and traits.
    Edited by WuffyCerulei on March 21, 2017 11:09AM
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • soll
    soll
    ✭✭✭
    No
    you all wish, 8k dps stam nb :trollface:

to be serious, ffs no. all this threads "pls blue vma weapon for normal mode too!" are just hilarious. And yes, I also hate vMA rng, but I and so other players, did work for vMA to deserve this weapon sooner or later. nMA? Lol, I can do it on lvl 8 char, should I get my weapon as gift now for "hard work"?

ah, but my favorite part in this discussions is "let's do trash trait for normal mode, it's ok!" – just proving, that all of this players, who supports this idea knows nothing about game mechanics, but feels fine. However, funny, but they heard somewhere, that vMA weapons are the BIS, get it and they wish it so badly without possibility to get them, so they would accept even training trait. Lol why, it's clear, that bad trait vMA weapon is loose dps comparing to no-name sharp, but nah, give us it! Maybe placebo effect would help them :*

fun fun fun
    EU PC
    I like to heal
    Triggered Tryhards/ HighRisk
    EP – Sollencia
    AD – Sollencia Overdose
    When you've invested time and money into a company, you have the right to be upset over changes that will negatively affect your experience and gameplay.

• Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Meanwhile here I am still running vma once in a while for fun since I nearly have all the weapons now. :D
    Edited by Skinzz on March 21, 2017 12:15PM
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    BNOC wrote: »

I am really tempted to go nMSA tonight and just stand still and see if I die in any of the parts, the post the video with Kevin Spacey's Lex Luthor WRONG! yell over the top.

That's far too much work though so just imagine that and give me awesome votes any way. :tongue:
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    normal should have a chance to drop training maelstrom weapons at CP150, equipping the weapons automatically applies a 'T' next to your name, (think 'L' plates for learner drivers)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    normal should have a chance to drop training maelstrom weapons at CP150, equipping the weapons automatically applies a 'T' next to your name, (think 'L' plates for learner drivers)
    I'd be down with this. The rage when you kill someone in PvP and T-plate-bag them would cause some glorious rage.
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Turelus wrote: »

I am really tempted to go nMSA tonight and just stand still and see if I die in any of the parts, the post the video with Kevin Spacey's Lex Luthor WRONG! yell over the top.

That's far too much work though so just imagine that and give me awesome votes any way. :tongue:

Get real. Go to utube and check it out tons of videos of normal maelstorm arena where people complete it having 1 skill on the bar on character level 5...

As I said before - if you can't complete VMA - you don't need VMA weapons.
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Get real. Go to utube and check it out tons of videos of normal maelstorm arena where people complete it having 1 skill on the bar on character level 5...

Surely there must be one mechanic which would kill you if you just stood "literally stood still" as said.
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'd say yes only if normal had a CHANCE to drop a weapon. Vet was guaranteed and maybe an added incentive
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I'd be down with this. The rage when you kill someone in PvP and T-plate-bag them would cause some glorious rage.

you took my idea to a wonderful place, as well as an awesome this is worthy of a MWAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH (evil cackle)
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    xskinzcity wrote: »
    Stop being a bunch of bums and learn the mechanics/complete vma already jeez.

the main thing is the grind for VMA weapons i mean i have completed that *** place god only knows how many times and i still don't have a sharpened inferno. the RNG is legitimately ridiculous.

you can complete it 100-200 times and still not have the weapon you want. weapons dropping in normal, token system whatever, a bone needs to be thrown.
    Edited by Lucky28 on March 22, 2017 12:15PM
    Invictus
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    xskinzcity wrote: »
    Stop being a bunch of bums and learn the mechanics/complete vma already jeez.

the main thing is the grind for VMA weapons i mean i have completed that *** place god only knows how many times and i still don't have a sharpened inferno. the RNG is legitimately ridiculous.

you can complete it 100-200 times and still not have the weapon you want. weapons dropping in normal, token system whatever, a bone needs to be thrown.

This guy nailed it ^

@soll I wonder if it'd be a placebo effect to run infused maelstrom shock and inferno staff on a DK HA build when Magician gets removed to offset the magicka cost increase?

Or did you assume only free faced greenhorn players would want other traits besides sharpened, or could make them work?
    Edited by DocFrost72 on March 22, 2017 12:30PM
  • TrueGreenSmoker
    TrueGreenSmoker
    ✭✭✭
    I tried vMSA a few times but too much lag even now and not only that I rarely play PvE more of a PvPer, no MSA weapons for me still beating MSA weapon users lol. And some people might not have the time to do vMSA so I guess for people who have a hard time or no time to do vMSA they should drop on nMSA too but ofcourse a lower % and maybe green/blue drops no purple. Just my opinion :smile:

PS4 - NA - CP 859+
    #1 Magicka Sorc - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen
    #2 Magicka DK - AD - Dark Elf - Vampire - Flamy Burnin Alot
    #3 Magicka Temp - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen Temp
    #4 Magicka NB - AD - Breton - Vampire - Magic of the Night
    #5 Magicka Sorc - DC - High Elf - Vampire - High Old Elf
    #6 Stamina Sorc - EP - Orc - Normal - Original Herbalist
    #7 Stamina NB - AD - Redguard - Vampire - Gank and Blaze
    #8 Magicka DK - EP - Argonian - Vamp - Flamy-Tail

PS4 - EU - CP 249
    #1 Magicka Temp - DC - Breton - Normal - Mary Healer Jane
    #2 Magicka Sorc - DC High Elf - Normal - Baked Wizard of DC

Playing on PS4 NA
    media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdgl7fwlj61ro2d43.gif
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I said yes because:

I would like to see a GENERATION 2 vMA weapon set:

New style (slightly different effects & enchants).

Have the GENERATION 1 vMA weapons be available in nMA, however keep the drop rate $#!* so that it's still a farm :smile:

+1 OP I support this.

Also agree that new players deserve to have BiS also and not just the elites, I have not been an elitist for quite some time, hence why I share my knowledge and teach other players how to play properly.

Sharing knowledge and educating other players makes for a stronger community.

The same can apply for gear.

I have given people sharpened items for sets I didn't use instead of sell them for XXXk gold.

I know why many of you are opposed to this, the grind was long, hard and tedious, but isn't it time it shouldn't be?

Have the leaderboards drop something new
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • WarpigFunk
    WarpigFunk
    ✭✭✭
    No
    As someone who has completed VMA hundreds of times

YES

Im sorry, but VMA as a whole the content is atrocious. Even if you beat it, it doesn't change the fact it requires you to hate yourself to play it. Its simply not fun....for the 5% of people who have beaten it and say its fun, the other 95% who have beaten it hate running it because the content itself is terrible.

Solo instances with BIS gear locked behind it has no place in a Multi-player Online Game.....it really should be changed to a two man arena with mobs and stuff made slightly harder....folks don't play ESO to play by themselves, and the ones who do play by themselves for well...whatever social reasons those are I don't know. I would hope they want to play with friends more though.

i'd say sell the weapons on the Golden Vendor too, every other PVE/Trial set seems to be there anyways.

PVP players get NOTHING for rewards and have got NOTHING for over a year...it would be a small step to give PVP players something to work towards.

1. I do think VMA is fun ... yea I got my brains kicked in the first time through, but now I actively enjoy it. It's something to do solo when friends/ guildmates aren't around - you can leave when you want and come back to it - and even after a few dozen clears it still provides a bit of a challenge. And I'm not just hunting for my sharp staff, but also hunting for that first flawless clear. It is enjoyable. I often run VMA simultaneously with a couple of other guys in one of my guilds, we run it at the same time while in guild chat. It is a fun bit of trial content on the PvE side of the game ... not some anti-social activity for sadists .... you sound bitter lol.

2. This solo instance MOST DEFINITELY has a place in this MMO. There is quite literally no single piece of PvE content in this game that did more to teach me how to play my class(es) in PvE contexts. Yes it is solo - and yes most of the other pve content in the game is group based - but even in groups, particularly in higher tier 12 man trials and VDSA, there is a responsibility for every individual team member to be somewhat self sufficient - during specific phases, in fights, in trash pulls, etc ... there are times when you need to really be mindful of your surroundings - do your assigned task/ role well - and understand fully the mechanics of what's going on at that moment ... and do those things simultaneously, and without too much thinking. Vet Maelstrom, can and often does, train you to be a better team member, and a better player.
    Saying VMA has no place in an MMO because it's solo content, is like saying a speed bag has no place in a boxing because it doesn't hit back.
    Not to mention this game has tons of solo content.... hell the entire main questline is pretty much solo, people spend a bunch of time solo farming, theres crafting and trading, blah blah ... the average player, even one that regularly groups and is in multiple active PvE guilds, probably spends more time solo than in a group.

3. The title "Stormproof" is one of the few titles in this game that actually means something, in my opinion, anyway. And I preface this by CLEARLY enunciating that I'm by no means suggesting you are not a good player if you havent cleared VMA - far from it. Lot's of the top raiders in my guild haven't messed with it.
    BUT, I am saying, knowing that player on my team HAS cleared it tells me something about them. It tells me that player knows how to stay alive, while doing damage, while dealing with multiple threats. It also tells me, that this is a player that is more inclined to persist through adversity, and not give up on content even after an unseemly number of wipes.
    Stormproof players in general, but not always, make good trial teammates. Titles like "Ophidian Overlord" don't say anything other than, this player was in a group that cleared vet Sanctum ... titles like master angler or savior of nirn, just tell you that player has spent alot of time in the game, nothing else. But "former emperor", "stormproof", "flawless conqueror", and "dro math'rah destroyer" are titles that actually communicate something of the efficacy of that player in PvP or PvE respectively.
    PS4 [NA]
    Hingle McKringleberry - Altmer MagSorc DD The Flawless Conquerer
    Sek Sual Chocolate - Redguard StamSorc DD Stormproof
    Doktor Feelgood - Breton Templar Healz Boethia's Scythe
    Tiberius Asskickatron - Imperial DK StamTank Mageslayer
    -VERIFIED-
    -FFF-
    vAAHM 100k+, vSOHM 100k+, vHRCHM 100k+, vMoL 78k, vDSA 36k, vMA 535k
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Partial RNG Token system in addition to the current system. Something like 1-2 tokens from normal. 3-5 from vet. 100 tokens for specific item, RNG trait, 200-250 tokens for specific item/trait.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

I totally disagree with your last statement. What if you are a PvP player who just needs a weapon with a 1 item bonus to make your build optimal? If ESO had 1-item-set-bonus weapons that came from other sources than VMA and DSA, I guarantee that you would hear MUCH less complaining about VMA (and fewer threads like this). Maybe they should have weapons comparable to the Maelstrom/Master weapons that they sell for AP at the Golden vendor in Cyrodiil or maybe for Tel Var stones at the IC base camp vendors.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

I totally disagree with your last statement. What if you are a PvP player who just needs a weapon with a 1 item bonus to make your build optimal? If ESO had 1-item-set-bonus weapons that came from other sources than VMA and DSA, I guarantee that you would hear MUCH less complaining about VMA (and fewer threads like this). Maybe they should have weapons comparable to the Maelstrom/Master weapons that they sell for AP at the Golden vendor in Cyrodiil or maybe for Tel Var stones at the IC base camp vendors.
    Well I am sure if there were weapons which required Emperor to own then PvE player would be happy hearing "If you can't be an Emperor - you don't Emp weapons." right? :smirk:
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Most pvp players have the weapons. Literally everyone in my pvp guilds have vma clears and weapons. Being a good "solo" player usually translate to success in vma. I'm a pvp player myself and have nearly all the sharpened vma weapons from 89 runs to this day.
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • Fivtyprocent
    Fivtyprocent
    ✭✭
    No
    No, but a hard mode in the vma would be good to increase the chances of getting weaps with 'good' traits instead of having 489465164984 nirnhoned restoration staffs in the chest
    For Justice !
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'm impressed this thread is still getting daily posts and having some interesting debates from both sides. I expected a landslide "Git gud lol" and nothing constructive.
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Giving blue weapons in normal mode will just remove one of the challenges in game and everyone will be farming normal mode and paying some gold for tempers to improve weapons. Just learn to do the arena, like everyone before you has done
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Runschei wrote: »
    Giving blue weapons in normal mode will just remove one of the challenges in game and everyone will be farming normal mode and paying some gold for tempers to improve weapons. Just learn to do the arena, like everyone before you has done

That's where the lower (and flexible in my initial post) percentages would come in. The idea would be to make it more efficient/better for one to run vMSA but people could grind nMSA to still have a shot.

Also not everyone can learn to do the arena, there are factors such as physical disabilities which means some people are not able to clear the more intensely demanding content.

The current system established for almost all other content in ESO is you can partake in it on normal for a lower/worse drop but still get it, whilst the better drops and qualities are given to those able to clear the higher tiers of content.
  • CultOfMMO
    CultOfMMO
    ✭✭✭
    No
    no because the only thing stopping people from getting vMA weapons is the RNG, not skill. If you can clear it once you can clear it 1000 times. But for w/e reason ppl still cant beat it after 2 years.

If nMA is allowed to drop anything, the weapon enchant should only be 1/10th as strong.

vMA is already faceroll level trivial easy

Edited by CultOfMMO on March 27, 2017 7:15PM
    vHoF HM 202k Tick-Tock Tormentor (Stamblade)
    vAS HM 111k Immortal Redeemer (Magplar)
    vCR HM 129k Gryphon Heart (Magblade/plar)
    vSS HM 245k NA 2nd Godslayer (Stamcro)
    Magblade vMA 601k
  • Attackopsn
    Attackopsn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    You guys say no, and so do I, but veteran maelstrom arena is basically the normal maelstrom in difficulty we saw on release now :p
    ign: ATTACKO
    PS4 NA
    First NA Completion of VMoL Hard Mode

• Attackopsn
    Attackopsn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    bubbygink wrote: »
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    Second bold: Theeeeere it is. The issue with that well reasoned argument is that the arena does not reward skill, but luck. It does not hand a BiS weapon to those with 100 flawless runs, but might reward it to a nub that has 1000 deaths over 3 months to clear it. I dot see how that rewards skill.

There are, in my opinion, two compromises. Give everyone a token system to cut back on RNG, which ZoS has said in the past they are resistant to, or, and this is something I'll tag you for to get your opinion, @bubbygink, the following;

First, I totally agree with what you've said here. I hate the RNG system as well and would 100% support a token system for the exact reasons you state - skill should be rewarded not luck. But the tokens should not be for normal Maelstrom, only veteran. Normal Maelstrom is just way way too easy to give any kind of meaningful reward. So it wouldn't be rewarding skill. So, the short answer to your question, I wouldn't support the 25% chance of any trait on normal. I would, however, be 100% behind a token system for vMSA because it would reward skill, time, and effort over blind luck.

I agree that we need something new, and don't begrudge that we do not agree on what normal Maelstrom should be at all. After all, the world would be boring if everyone agree, no? xD

And this whole thread highlights one thing at least; currently, maelstrom does not reward skillful play, and that does need to change somehow.

It does reward skillful play, remember when Andy got banned for being too good?
    ign: ATTACKO
    PS4 NA
    First NA Completion of VMoL Hard Mode

• OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    could drop in cp150 like normal DSA
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    could drop in cp150 like normal DSA
    This is one option which could work, although I'm personally not a fan of giving non-level rewards to people as a reward, I would rather see more time investment for the same things, hence lower drop rates requiring a lot more runs.

Would need information on how long a nMSA run vs a vMSA run takes and in theory how far you need to drop the rate for balance.
This discussion has been closed.