The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Addon] Miat's PVP Alerts has been updated!

• Pumpkin_pants
    Pumpkin_pants
    ✭✭✭
    I would feel like I were cheating if I used this.
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow the 'PC Master race' needs add ons to play the game for them? Pathetic I'm glad I'm on console.

Now that some of you have a new crutch I hope NB and Stam QQ in general dies down.
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dorrino wrote: »
    The name of the person that's attacking you being real big was ok I guess . I'm not really into names but it made reading easy . (Being attacked by Mcdiggler Doodlebutts sort of kills immersion for me)
    The alerts being adjustable and maybe the frames transparency being a bit more adjustable would more something I would prefer if I was going to keep using it

Done. All the frames besides Counter are now scalable.

Also almost all the features can be selectively turned on and off completely.

wazzz56 wrote: »

Yes because MLBers have an add on that tells them what pitch is coming..and did you see Tom Brady react when his add on told him he was about to get blindsided during the superbowl

This is, folks, how people miss the point of the post they quote:)

Professional sportsmen don't use addons because they all are awesome and choose to compete on the same terms.

What about 99% of population who are not professional sportsmen? Do we make mmos only for the best of the best?

So to equalize the playing field you have to super buff yourself? Thats like taking steroids/adrenaline drugs before a boxing match.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anti_Virus wrote: »
    The name of the person that's attacking you being real big was ok I guess . I'm not really into names but it made reading easy . (Being attacked by Mcdiggler Doodlebutts sort of kills immersion for me)
    The alerts being adjustable and maybe the frames transparency being a bit more adjustable would more something I would prefer if I was going to keep using it

Yes because MLBers have an add on that tells them what pitch is coming..and did you see Tom Brady react when his add on told him he was about to get blindsided during the superbowl

Professional sportsmen don't use addons because they all are awesome and choose to compete on the same terms.

What about 99% of population who are not professional sportsmen? Do we make mmos only for the best of the best?

So to equalize the playing field you have to super buff yourself? Thats like taking steroids/adrenaline drugs before a boxing match.

Normally I disagree with you and your turd burger remarks, but you are pretty much Johnny on the Spot here. Bravo, Sir HatesSorcsAlot
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since this dropped I haven't been able to land a single long distance frag. :lol:

I have to close to point blank range and jam the frags right down their throats.

It really kind of sucks TBH. I don't know how you now guys deal with it, you might as well hang that *** up.
    Edited by Minalan on March 10, 2017 4:39PM
  • Hurika
    Hurika
    ✭✭✭✭
    An addon should not negate the advantage someone should get by having good positioning. If you get flanked by someone they should have an advantage in that you'd never see the attack coming. If I get nuked/sniped from behind, good for them for out positioning me - they earned it.

Addons that tell you things you wouldn't otherwise see or be aware of dumbs down gameplay.

Situational awareness is a skill. This compensates for those that don't have that skill.
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Normally I disagree with you and your turd burger remarks, but you are pretty much Johnny on the Spot here. Bravo, Sir HatesSorcsAlot

I hate sorcs? Lol what does this have to do with sorcs?

If you use this Add on you essentially take out skill and human effort in pvp my guess is you probably use it so therefore you have no skill.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TBH, I don't use any addon, but I can't blame those who use them. If I can beat them without them, good for me. If they can beat me with them, good for them.

It is not our decision to forbid the use of those features, but it is our decision to use them or not.

Nevertheless, there's a goal some users want to get within this game and that's being "competitive", an interesting word, by the way, because it refers to "competences". Do we all have the same competences? No.

Then, it arises another problem: is it fair to use add ons to improve your competences? You can see it from both sides and each one of them will say it is fair: "yes, it is fair we all have a chance of being competitive" and "yes, it is fair that only the most talented and skillful people have a chance of beinge competitive".

So, both positions have their pros, and cons.

The thing is that, I I want to run against Usain Bolt, he will probably beat me in less than 10 secs playing HIS game. But if I want to run agains him IN A CAR, I would probably have a better chance. So, the real world gives me a CHANCE to beat the fastest men ever in a game in which both of us are moar or less in the same level (though probably if I beat him, it is just because I'm better than him").

ESO PvP doesn't give you that chance. I can't be competitive following my rules, so I have 2 options: stick with my vision, or adapt. Since I don't want to adapt, I keep on sucking in PvP... but at last I have fun.

Nevertheless, I think ZoS should give everyone a chance to play this game with the same rules, just like the real world does... what about a NO addon server? (Haddyland is an option).
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Rojnaar
    Rojnaar
    ✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    casparian wrote: »
    Most of these are great! 2 should not be allowed.

There are already people with those functions enabled in 'private' add-ons used by an elite few.

Miat just makes that functionality available to everyone, for better or for worse.

Last time he got some of those special things patched out of the game completely, so it's probably a good thing.

EXACTLY! So many folks are whining at Miat, but he's just giving a taste to everyone, of what many of those who are considered "the best" have been enjoying for years.

Hint folks, ESOUI is not the only place addons exist. Many, many people have been using unpublished personal addons for years, and everything you are complaining about(and then some you still don't know about) is being used against you daily and called skill.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rojnaar wrote: »
    casparian wrote: »
    Most of these are great! 2 should not be allowed.

There are already people with those functions enabled in 'private' add-ons used by an elite few.

Miat just makes that functionality available to everyone, for better or for worse.

Last time he got some of those special things patched out of the game completely, so it's probably a good thing.

EXACTLY! So many folks are whining at Miat, but he's just giving a taste to everyone, of what many of those who are considered "the best" have been enjoying for years.

Hint folks, ESOUI is not the only place addons exist. Many, many people have been using unpublished personal addons for years, and everything you are complaining about(and then some you still don't know about) is being used against you daily and called skill.

For the record, I'm in the 'hope it gets patched out' camp. But it would never get patched out it if was only part of private addons.
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad I don't play on PC, it's like borderline cheating using number 2 lol
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So to equalize the playing field i provide the 'buffs' for those who need them. You don't need them? Congratulations, you're already have huge advantage over 95% of server population.

You want to have this advantage no matter what? Tough luck, people like me will raise others closer to you level.

Complete with them now.
    Hurika wrote: »
    An addon should not negate the advantage someone should get by having good positioning. If you get flanked by someone they should have an advantage in that you'd never see the attack coming. If I get nuked/sniped from behind, good for them for out positioning me - they earned it.

Addons that tell you things you wouldn't otherwise see or be aware of dumbs down gameplay.

Situational awareness is a skill. This compensates for those that don't have that skill.

'Good positioning' that you refer to can be rephrased as 'sneaking up on somebody from behind'. And most of the time it's either happens from stealth (zos took care of some portions of that) or if your target is already fighting someone else.

Do i understand it correctly and you want to capitalize on the fact that your target is not fighting you right now and is busy? Isn't is a defense of cheap shots specifically?:)
    If I get nuked/sniped from behind, good for them for out positioning me - they earned it.

What exactly did they do to 'earn' it?

Did they use a complex strategy only few are capable of doing?

Did they perform a tricky sequence of abilities to 'earn' the result?

Or maybe they just happened to be behind the target and decided that pressing 2 buttons from behind is a 'skillful play' here?

Which part of 'good positioning' is not trivial?:)
    Edited by Dorrino on March 10, 2017 10:46PM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh wow ! Thank you ! That is so cool of you .
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    73746804.jpg

Lets not lose perspective here. Miat isn't the villain. ZOS is 100% responsible for this.

If we have a problem with what the UI mods are capable of, please direct your angst at @ZOS_ChipHilseberg

In fact, tag the guy. Tag the guy in every post in this forum until he decides to remove all incoming projectile notification from the API.

All Miat did was allow everyone to use functions that are already in several 'private' addons out there. I suspect more than a few are just angry that their private EZ-PVP party is now open to the public.
    Edited by Minalan on March 10, 2017 10:53PM
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So to equalize the playing field i provide the 'buffs' for those who need them. You don't need them? Congratulations, you're already have huge advantage over 95% of server population.

You want to have this advantage no matter what? Tough luck, people like me will raise others closer to you level.

Complete with them now.

'Good positioning' that you refer to can be rephrased as 'sneaking up on somebody from behind'. And most of the time it's either happens from stealth (zos took care of some portions of that) or if your target is already fighting someone else.

Do i understand it correctly and you want to capitalize on the fact that your target is not fighting you right now and is busy? Isn't is a defense of cheap shots specifically?:)
    If I get nuked/sniped from behind, good for them for out positioning me - they earned it.

Or maybe they just happened to be behind the target and decided that pressing 2 buttons from behind is a 'skillful play' here?

Are you for real. This is just load of BS stuff there. It does not even make any sense and totally lacks any logic.

You literally complain about open world PVP (positioning or shooting at unaware oponents it very part of that). You literally say it positioning or attacking such oponent is cheap/unskillfull/trivial and your solution is that everyone can use even cheaper even less skillfull and even more trivial way to be warned about them. It like your stealth argument all over again. If people dont properly greet and bow, then proceed to fair 1v1, they are cheap, unskillfull and everybody deserves to get cheap, unskillfull way to defend themself.

Also it is literally offering steroids to people that lacks necessary talents to compete on higher level. That is literally core aspect of any competition that is free to enter for anyone of any talent.
    Edited by SodanTok on March 10, 2017 11:02PM
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lets not lose perspective here. Miat isn't the villain...All Miat did was allow everyone to use functions that are already in several 'private' addons out there.

This 100%. If you are unhappy with the information that the API provides, direct your anger at zos. Not at Miat.
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you for real. This is just load of BS stuff there. It does not even make any sense and totally lacks any logic.

I definitely appreciate your civil and polite tone here. Couldn't expect anything less from a skillful 'sportsman':)

You literally complain about open world PVP (positioning or shooting at unaware oponents it very part of that). You literally say it positioning or attacking such oponent is cheap/unskillfull/trivial and your solution is that everyone can use even cheaper even less skillfull and even more trivial way to be warned about them.

Actually yes. That's exactly what i'm doing here. If it's cheap/unskillful etc it DOESN'T mean we shouldn't use it. That means you can't defend these practices without claiming that playfield is supposed to be unfair and any attempts to make it more fair have to be discouraged.
    It like your stealth argument all over again. If people dont properly greet and bow, then proceed to fair 1v1, they are cheap, unskillfull and everybody deserves to get cheap, unskillfull way to defend themself.

And this is exactly true. Everybody, including myself use cheap and unfair tactics during pvp in cyro. But that fact that we use them can't make them less cheap and less unfair. See above.

I'm thriving to make Cyro 'more fair' as opposed to 'perfectly fair'. There has to be some level of unfairness in large scale fights. The point of discussion is where it has to be exactly.

Also it is literally offering steroids to people that lacks necessary talents to compete on higher level. That is literally core aspect of any competition that is free to enter for anyone of any talent.

But what is the point of 'competing' if some nuances of the game interface will make it impossible for you specifically to obtain the 'necessary talent'?

Again, wouldn't that narrow down the whole pvp scene to 'only the best can apply'?

And lastly, how the concept of large scale warfare is compatible with the concept of personal competition?

It's either large enough that your personal skill shouldn't matter within the large picture or it's not the fabled 'large scale' pvp and the whole point is moot.

PS. As a side note. Currently i'm working on a feature that will show an icon of a friendly forward camp on your screen if you're within the range of one. Is it once again too helpful for the level of unfairness you like or it will be allowed to stay?:)
    Edited by Dorrino on March 10, 2017 11:17PM
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    Lets not lose perspective here. Miat isn't the villain...All Miat did was allow everyone to use functions that are already in several 'private' addons out there.

This 100%. If you are unhappy with the information that the API provides, direct your anger at zos. Not at Miat.

PSST!

The API developer is @ZOS_ChipHilseberg

It would be awesome if you could fix projectile notification. It makes outflanking and long range attacks impossible to pull off. Thanks!
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I definitely appreciate your civil and polite tone here. Couldn't expect anything less from a skillful 'sportsman':)

You literally complain about open world PVP (positioning or shooting at unaware oponents it very part of that). You literally say it positioning or attacking such oponent is cheap/unskillfull/trivial and your solution is that everyone can use even cheaper even less skillfull and even more trivial way to be warned about them.

Actually yes. That's exactly what i'm doing here. If it's cheap/unskillful etc it DOESN'T mean we shouldn't use it. That means you can't defend these practices without claiming that playfield is supposed to be unfair and any attempts to make it more fair have to be discouraged.
    It like your stealth argument all over again. If people dont properly greet and bow, then proceed to fair 1v1, they are cheap, unskillfull and everybody deserves to get cheap, unskillfull way to defend themself.

And this is exactly true. Everybody, including myself use cheap and unfair tactics during pvp in cyro. But that fact that we use them can't make them less cheap and less unfair. See above.

I'm thriving to make Cyro 'more fair' as opposed to 'perfectly fair'. There has to be some level of unfairness in large scale fights. The point of discussion is where it has to be exactly.

But what is the point of 'competing' if some nuances of the game interface will make it impossible for you specifically to obtain the 'necessary talent'?

Again, wouldn't that narrow down the whole pvp scene to 'only the best can apply'?

And lastly, how the concept of large scale warfare is compatible with the concept of personal competition?

It's either large enough that your personal skill shouldn't matter within the large picture or it's not the fabled 'large scale' pvp and the whole point is moot.

PS. As a side note. Currently i'm working on a feature that will show an icon of a friendly forward camp on your screen if you're within the range of one. Is it once again too helpful for the level of unfairness you like or it will be allowed to stay?:)

"Obtain the necessary talent?"

You want to artifically give people talent? Not everyone is going to be on the same level as everyone else. This is life. You don't deserve buffs in a game just because you aren't good at the game. Maybe competitive PvP isn't for these people.

Alright, this is a hypothetical, so lets not get bogged down with what ZOS allows, what is legal etc... I just have one question.

Say a person can't press buttons as fast or accurately as myself, and therefore will never be able to out damage me. Let's say that my animation canceling is on point and they struggle with their basic rotation. Would you, if you were able, give them a boost to the raw damage of their skills to compensate for their lack of skill in an effort to bring our combat effectiveness on a more equal ground?
    PC/EU DC
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

PSST!

It would be awesome if you could fix projectile notification. It makes outflanking and long range attacks impossible to pull off. Thanks!

To be honest, I wish you wouldn't drop the developers name here. I've actually read a bit of him talking with addon authors about making the API work better for both pvp and pve. And the consensus was that Miat's original addon, although unpopular with some, actually ended up in changing the API for the better. There seemed to be a lot of respect for Chip from the addon authors. So if you use addons at all, then you might want to show appreciation to the guy.
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typhoios wrote: »

You want to artifically give people talent? Not everyone is going to be on the same level as everyone else. This is life. You don't deserve buffs in a game just because you aren't good at the game. Maybe competitive PvP isn't for these people.

Maybe it isn't. it's up to them to decide. What the game's interface can do is the be customizable enough to reduce the gap between them and 'better' players.

This game has the largest gap in pvp 'talents' among all games i played.

This is partially because the combat system is very much fps-like and requires similar talents.

Partially because animation canceling make these fps skills requirements even higher than normal fps like overwatch or CS.

And partially because the combat system is quite obscure and inconsistent and it takes months and months for people to understand fully how it works.

All that brings us to the gap i described above.

And it's not just a gap between best of the best and newbies. That gap is gods vs paralyzed humans.

Even the gap between great and decent is enormous.

Thus the proliferation of conspiracy theories of all kinds.

Even in this thread people keep ruminating the idea that 'there're so many addons unavailable to public that make great pvp players great'. The level of 'great' is not just out of the achievable range of 95% of players. It's out of range of their comprehension altogether.

Thus any attempts to narrow this gap in this game have to be encouraged and praised. This is my opinion.
    Alright, this is a hypothetical, so lets not get bogged down with what ZOS allows, what is legal etc... I just have one question.

Say a person can't press buttons as fast or accurately as myself, and therefore will never be able to out damage me. Let's say that my animation canceling is on point and they struggle with their basic rotation. Would you, if you were able, give them a boost to the raw damage of their skills to compensate for their lack of skill in an effort to bring our combat effectiveness on a more equal ground?

I would give them a way to make the animation canceling easier. The point is not that they can't do the damage. The point is that anim canceling specifically is too hard for them.

But i'd definitely do something about anim canceling. See above about the ridiculousness of the gap.

Edited by Dorrino on March 10, 2017 11:49PM
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Maybe it isn't. it's up to them to decide. What the game's interface can do is the be customizable enough to reduce the gap between them and 'better' players.

This game has the largest gap in pvp 'talents' among all games i played.

This is partially because the combat system is very much fps-like and requires similar talents.

Partially because animation canceling make these fps skills requirements even higher than normal fps like overwatch or CS.

And partially because the combat system is quite obscure and inconsistent and it takes months and months for people to understand fully how it works.

All that brings us to the gap i described above.

And it's not just a gap between best of the best and newbies. That gap is gods vs paralyzed humans.

Even the gap between great and decent is enormous.

Thus the proliferation of conspiracy theories of all kinds.

Even in this thread people keep ruminating the idea that 'there're so many addons unavailable to public that make great pvp players great'. The level of 'great' is not just out of the achievable range of 95% of players. It's out of range of their comprehension altogether.

Thus any attempt to narrow this gap is this game has to be encouraged and praised. This is my opinion.

I would give them a way to make the animation canceling easier. The point is not that they can't do the damage. The point is that anim canceling specifically is too hard for them.

But i'd definitely do something about anim canceling. See above about the ridiculousness of the gap.

Fair enough. I'm more in favor of people using natural skill and not artificial crutches even if that creates a huge disparity in skill level, but I see where you're coming from.
    PC/EU DC
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

PSST!

To be honest, I wish you wouldn't drop the developers name here. I've actually read a bit of him talking with addon authors about making the API work better for both pvp and pve. And the consensus was that Miat's original addon, although unpopular with some, actually ended up in changing the API for the better. There seemed to be a lot of respect for Chip from the addon authors. So if you use addons at all, then you might want to show appreciation to the guy.

I wasn't rude or anything, and it doesn't hurt if we all ask him politely to change it.

So. Please Chip? Think about it?

No projectile notifications would allow more strategic play, ambushes, and flanking in open PVP.

Right now every time my friends and I flank a Zerg, the opening attacks are dodged more than half the time, even if they don't see that we're attacking from (usually behind and/or above them). It's kind of bad, and it's robbing archers and sorcs of their element of surprise.

• SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I am still not sure if you only pretend your lack of understanding the difference between offering clearer "environment" and unfair advanatage or you actually do lack it.

Giving people advantage that they lack or that they couldnt ever even gain is and always be cheating, no matter the reason. If players are bad at aiming in FPS game they dont get to have aimbot, they stop playing or get used to being bad.

Its the same thing in inherently unfair environment. Every unfairness in ESO PVP is part of the game, unless you go outside it and bring in cheats and addons that offer something you couldnt have ingame. And this is where your addon comes along. Dont get me wrong, ZoS is to blame for allowing it, but your didnt make the addon with idea to force ZoS to change it, you made it because you actually believe the stupid things you say.

And thats if we even pretend it gives players only what good player already have. But that is not true isnt it. Not even the best player in the game with the best HW and best conditions can, in middle of the fight, register all incoming attacks (not every one of them has even noticeable audio cue like snipe has) and be even aware they are targeting him and not the other player next to him.
    I dont care what are you thriving for, if its fair PVP you are in the wrong game and also are failing horribly. I would bring up some stupid and exaggerated example of bringing "fairness" in game like ESO, but you basically top that with the antistealth cheat you made last time.

TO reply to your PS. See first line of this post.

//EDIT: Also I dont understand how is giving everybody advantage against ranged attacks make game more fair. Maybe if you mean every ranged player will switch to melee. Maybe even to same class with same build, then we can achieve the fair pvp you want.
    Edited by SodanTok on March 11, 2017 12:00AM
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dorrino

Lol dude, I'm not better than you or anything but I think you're better than this to make an add on to tell you when to dodge when you can do it with situational awareness.

And I mean no disrespect to you but I honestly dispise this type of stuff it dumbs down games.

Good day.
    Edited by Anti_Virus on March 10, 2017 11:59PM
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow the 'PC Master race' needs add ons to play the game for them? Pathetic I'm glad I'm on console.

Now that some of you have a new crutch I hope NB and Stam QQ in general dies down.

2 and 4 are just blatantly unfair advantages. But set asside for a moment that idea, why do you not want to fight with your instincts and be a good player?

You can tell when players use this add-on, and it just makes you look pathetic - you are ruining the PvP environment by playing with impossible consistency in reaction times. The sad part is that addons like these make players seem more capable than they are, which in turn pushes zos to further break the combat environment by feeding development into otherwise impossible standards of play.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »

2 and 4 are just blatantly unfair advantages. But set asside for a moment that idea, why do you not want to fight with your instincts and be a good player?

You can tell when players use this add-on, and it just makes you look pathetic - you are ruining the PvP environment by playing with impossible consistency in reaction times. The sad part is that addons like these make players seem more capable than they are, which in turn pushes zos to further break the combat environment by feeding development into otherwise impossible standards of play.

Agreed, all well let's see how this goes...
  • Hurika
    Hurika
    ✭✭✭✭

Complete with them now.

No you don't understand correctly and attempt to speak for me with things I did not say to counter my point instead of countering my point. Small groups flank zergs all the time - called tactics. Having a warning so you don't have to watch your surroundings means you need less situational awareness because an addon does that for you. Feel free to address this but don't put words in other's mouths when you do it.

If this was during the course of a fight and they caught me off guard or not paying attention to others or my surroundings or maybe they used streak or maybe they used shadow image to reposition behind me so I'm not able to see their next attack. There are tactics and strategies used by players just fyi. If someone cleverly shadow image ports behind you and you weren't aware of the location of the image because you didn't realize it or they were clever, should get a free "it's ok I don't see them - my addon will tell me what to do"? It doesn't matter how - don't change the focus on the point to avoid answering why it should negate their actions.

I'm sure folks that don't like being surprised and want to make sure no one has an advantage they may have gained strategically on them will love this. Others would rather rely on paying attention and skill. Not spending any more time discussion though when the counter arguments are to imply things that someone didn't say and steer the discussion away from the actual point being made.

See you on the battlefield (though you'll have an addon to let you know that). =)
    Edited by Hurika on March 11, 2017 2:53AM
  • Fly666monkey
    Fly666monkey
    ✭✭✭
    Welp, I guess the AMD driver bug was a blessing in disguise. Not touching Cyrodiil until this add-on gets patched out.

Miat, drop the act, no one is buying it. You're not "helping the disabled," you just have a nasty case of cranial-*** inversion syndrome combined with a high sodium diet. In ANY PvP environment there are going to be people who rely on stealth, so either learn to play around that fact or GTFO. You don't get to dictate how other people are allowed to play.

This, right here, is why developers rarely take ideas from their player base.
    "Let's be honest, I... don't always think my decisions through." -Sanguine
  • Ixtyr
    Ixtyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chip is fantastic, is super active in communicating with the add-on development community, and it is kinda *** to just say "go tell this dude to go *** off" when the fact of the matter is that he and his team have to balance the API functionality for both PvE and PvP. A huge portion of this information exists in the API to help PvE add-ons - if he just removes projectile data, boom, you've just completely destroyed every PvE Combat-related add-on the game has. It's not that simple.

I *** hate that Miat's add-on exists. But I also hate that the private versions do as well. He's operating in a huge grey area here, and I'm honestly not sure how to feel about it. There are awesome features that I really like and want to have stay in the game (like a counter that tells me how many people I was actually just fighting at my last keep defense - was it actually 60 people, or 35?). But then there's that stupid "YOU ARE BEING SHOT, ROLL DODGE NOW" alert, which just feels so fundamentally WRONG to me to have available.

Curse you, Miat, for making me not sure if I should be cursing you or not.
    Ixtyr Falavir - Bosmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
    Reya Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
    Kaylin Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    ---
    Alyna Falavir - Dunmer Dragonknight - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aernah Falavir - Altmer Templar - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aranis Falavir - Bosmer Sorcerer - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aerin Falavir - Bosmer Warden - Daggerfall Covenant
    Rhys Falavir - Orc Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion
    Rhiannon Falavir - Altmer Templar - Aldmeri Dominion
    Nenara Falavir - Argonian Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    Neera Falavir - Orc Warden - Aldmeri Dominion