The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

[Addon] Miat's PVP Alerts has been updated!

• Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of MMOs have addons like these, I used a ton when I competitively PvPd in WoW (i was a grand overlord 2600 rank at one point). Without those addons, a lot of players would find their scores dropping. See as I matured (my gaming I mean) I came to realize these tools have nothing to with skill and carry most people who use them.

To me, skill is moving along rocks and trees stalking after someone who doesnt see you. Skill involves situational awareness, paying attention to red circles on the ground and predicting your opponents next move. This addon does some of that legwork for you, and gives the user an unfair advantage.

Sniper style play is supposed to include the element of surprise, and is kind of NB class defining if you ask me. A skilled player in the open should be prepared for the "ganks" (stacking impen, running RML or Def Rune, etc) and not have pre-programmed, third party eyes on the back of his head.

Some of us came here because it's not WoW. But you're turning the game into a contest of who has the latest and greatest macro keyboards, addons, and tools. Your addon is the splenda and aspartme in ESO, an artificial set of reactionary skills that have nothing to do with skill or competitive PvP. It's the petroleum jelly under Cyrodiils proverbial sports cap.

You want to support a competitve pvp environment? Stop using loopholes to cheat and fancy wording to mask the true nature of the addon. It's an imperfect system, but a game some of us love....not a prepubescent playground for epeens and egos.

Have some sportsmanship,

Let me ask you something.

If you treat the game as a competitive arena, then it's not enough to say 'let everybody use the same interface'.

You need to add 'Only healthy and strong individuals apply'.

Your quote about steroids shows it nicely.

I can see your point. Just like in sports (or war) there's an equal ground for everybody and let the strongest (most adaptable) win.

Should i tell you than 95%+ of participants are NOT the strongest and will lose?

Even worse. Those 95% cannot BECOME strongest. Mother nature gave them a lot of gifts, but not exactly these. Or not to the degree to 'be the strongest'.

When we talk about sports (or war) you might say - that's the point.

But this is a game.

You say 'pay attention to red circles', but what if somebody can't SEE the circles because of a deficiency he has?

In a war you could say 'well, tough luck, should've been born with better eyes, next!'. Would you want to say the same thing here, in ESO? Because that's exactly what opponents of UI customization are telling to other people.

If you'd say the same thing to other eso players, than i can only applaud your consistency and move on.

Because i can't.
    Edited by Dorrino on March 8, 2017 10:49PM
    Options
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    youre stretching
    Options
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dorrino wrote: »

Talk it up all you want, it is what it is. If i toss a frags at you from the side and you dont see it, you should get hit by it.

period.

Don't toss frags from a side?

I always wondered how people could want to have unfair advantage for themselves and at the same time could not feel bad because of it.

you doing good job young gun ***. dont worry of the trash talkers, wast majority of eso elites want to have super huge advantage over normal human beings with less e peen issues. i hope one day eso will be able to wreck down every single combat addon regarding pvp. pve its fine, we fight only pixels. but pvp? there we fight other human beings. *** or good, nice or evil.

i am quite discuted in this game how much effort ppl go tru to have some advantage over other ppl. tiny or small.
    Options
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miat you didnt write this addon to help hearing impaired or color blind people. get real. that should be on the developers responsibiltiy to include (and im pretty sure there's an option in the settings to accommodate).

you wrote the addon knowing you could get away with it. The same folks who still allow cheat engine, evasion stacking (hist, mirage etc), double mundus, etc the list goes on.

you wrote the addon so you can better control what you put on your bars (meaning not having to slot defensive abilities). I wouldnt need to slot defensive rune if i knew an attack was coming!

I wrote this addon, because i thought and still think it helps people (myself included) to have more fair and equal pvp medium.

I myself have a mild red-green deficiency and i myself struggle at times to notice red circles on the ground. Not because i fail to notice the circles, but because they are RED.

And i made this addon public, because this would not be FAIR to have it to myself. I don't need additional advantages in pvp. People who fought me know that.

I wanted other people to enjoy the benefits the addon provides. I consider that i did a 'good' thing, and i want to share this good thing with the world, for the world to become 'better'.

You can choose not to trust me though. That would be on you.
    Options
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    most of us are good with quality of life UI customization...just not the type that you created.

its one thing to change your text to sky blue pink, and a complete different thing to have an addon tell you theres a frags coming from behind when you werent paying attention.
    Edited by Malamar1229 on March 8, 2017 11:03PM
    Options
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭

This reaction was expected:)

Still i will continue to promote my vision of pvp.

"Your vision of pvp"?

That sounds so narcissistic and borderline egomaniacal.

I'm not insulting you personally Miat, in fact I think your a cool guy, but it's never wise to foist and cram things down people's throats, which is essentially what your doing here.

You can bet I'm going to send some very well written, respectful, polite emails to some ZOS employees explaining why I don't think this is good for the community. Hopefully like last time they act on it and change it.

Until then, good luck out there, but I have to respectfully disagree...the devs need to just strip the API completely with the exception of combat logs, or better yet include combat logs and floating text and gut the API completely.

It's pretty sad that consoles are the only ones with combat on equal footing without the use of addons

this here just how wrong and nasty this game elite population is> they need their advantage over trash to be so huge that they can trash 10 solo or 20. this game has kept going downhill from its best days. he is doing good effort of trying to force zenimax fix their pvp.
    Options
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZENIMAX, has to disable all and i say utterly and totally all addons for few week. Then we will see how much shite there is going on. before battleground comes, because that sircus will be sad to watch.
    Options
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    most of us are good with quality of life UI customization...just not the type that you created.

its one thing to change your text to sky blue pink, and a complete different thing to have an addon tell you theres a frags coming from behind when you werent paying attention.

Frags from behind still have sound cues. What if i wanted to make those cues louder? Where's my option for that?

Now what if i can't hear the game's sounds for whatever reason? What if i wanted to make those sound cues visible? Because that's exactly what i did.
    Options
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miat you didnt write this addon to help hearing impaired or color blind people. get real. that should be on the developers responsibiltiy to include (and im pretty sure there's an option in the settings to accommodate).

you wrote the addon knowing you could get away with it. The same folks who still allow cheat engine, evasion stacking (hist, mirage etc), double mundus, etc the list goes on.

you wrote the addon so you can better control what you put on your bars (meaning not having to slot defensive abilities). I wouldnt need to slot defensive rune if i knew an attack was coming!

I wrote this addon, because i thought and still think it helps people (myself included) to have more fair and equal pvp medium.

I myself have a mild red-green deficiency and i myself struggle at times to notice red circles on the ground. Not because i fail to notice the circles, but because they are RED.

And i made this addon public, because this would not be FAIR to have it to myself. I don't need additional advantages in pvp. People who fought me know that.

I wanted other people to enjoy the benefits the addon provides. I consider that i did a 'good' thing, and i want to share this good thing with the world, for the world to become 'better'.

bull. you are repeatedly on the top 10 leader board for AD so I dont think you have issues with red circles on the ground. What happened is some time ago you got butthurt over a gank and decided to create a pair of crutches to make you feel better.
    Options
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    kuro-dono wrote: »
    ZENIMAX, has to disable all and i say utterly and totally all addons for few week. Then we will see how much shite there is going on. before battleground comes, because that sircus will be sad to watch.

This is a good idea. Really good idea. However I wouldn't put it as all "shite". Alot of add ons are very nice. But yes a week of no add ons. I'm for more tests and such. Good idea.
    Options
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im done goin back and forth with you Miat. Good luck, and for your sake, I really do hope your intentions were good as you say they were.
    You created a tool for disabled folks you say yet allow anyone to use it. I'm going to grab the handicap sticker from gramps car next time I go shopping...
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya know what I don't get is there are several people posting that congratulate and say good video to several 1vX players using addons that do this and some using this addon but in here they've lost their marbles and call for the removal of all addons . Why isn't the same disdain shared ? They are using this addon or some other addon that does the same thing as Miat's does now ... Weird .
    Options
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If ZoS suddenly decided everybody should be aware to every major ranged attack going their way no matter their physical/mental ability to do so, their position in game and their attention to it. For one it would be stupid, for second they would have to balance the ** out of it, to make playing ranged even viable.

So this is what you did, minus the counterbalance. It is unfair advantage that isn't properly addressed. You could force this on anyone and it wouldn't stop being unfair.

It is actually the same thing as your previous version. Your vision to "balance PVP" in a way that gave unfair advantage to some players over others using the designed playstyle YOU deemed too OP.

Then again, it was always possible. So the only bad thing you did was to publicize it (or maybe right if it forces ZoS to address it), but the way you talk about it like youre Jesus and this is supposed to save everyone or some BS... no way that comes from some healthy mind.
    Options
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭

bull. you are repeatedly on the top 10 leader board for AD so I dont think you have issues with red circles on the ground. What happened is some time ago you got butthurt over a gank and decided to create a pair of crutches to make you feel better.

Yeah, and made those clutches public to get some recognition among other baddies like me:D

That's fine if you have this opinion about me. I heard worse.
    Options
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im done goin back and forth with you Miat. Good luck, and for your sake, I really do hope your intentions were good as you say they were.
    You created a tool for disabled folks you say yet allow anyone to use it. I'm going to grab the handicap sticker from gramps car next time I go shopping...

Accidentally edited out my response.

The idea was that if you don't need the attacks notification you might still find useful other features of the addon. It has a lot to offer.
    If ZoS suddenly decided everybody should be aware to every major ranged attack going their way no matter their physical/mental ability to do so, their position in game and their attention to it. For one it would be stupid, for second they would have to balance the ** out of it, to make playing ranged even viable.

So this is what you did, minus the counterbalance. It is unfair advantage that isn't properly addressed. You could force this on anyone and it wouldn't stop being unfair.

It is actually the same thing as your previous version. Your vision to "balance PVP" in a way that gave unfair advantage to some players over others using the designed playstyle YOU deemed too OP.

Then again, it was always possible. So the only bad thing you did was to publicize it (or maybe right if it forces ZoS to address it), but the way you talk about it like youre Jesus and this is supposed to save everyone or some BS... no way that comes from some healthy mind.

The balance point is discussable. I have something to say about 7-9k damage snipes and frags on full impen from 28+ meters range :)

My current understanding is that raising awareness about those is rather important.

The Jesus part is interesting. If a man thinks that something is worth existing and is capable to make it happen, does this alone makes him sound like Jesus?:)

Edited by Dorrino on March 9, 2017 3:02AM
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Miat is usually the one DOING the ganking 99% of the time, why in the hell would he make it harder to gank if he wanted a crutch? :lol:

I have to disagree with that.

I run the Miat CC addon because the game doesn't display a CC animation most of the time when I'm rooted or feared. The ESO base game is messed up there. I'm usually okay with projectiles, so I don't see this one as a need for me.
    Options
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lame

:-1:
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I tried your add on tonight finally to see what it can and can not do . It didn't really help at all because the sound alerts were confusing and there was no way to adjust levels or change sounds to what would work best . I think combat clouds visual notifications are a little better for me if I ever decide to use a combat UI .

I never got any alerts from anyone on stealth attacking the whole night which is good because we shouldn't .

The number counter showing how many of each faction are around out of stealth was nice just to gadge battle size , no issues there , seemed to work well .

The name of the person that's attacking you being real big was ok I guess . I'm not really into names but it made reading easy . (Being attacked by Mcdiggler Doodlebutts sort of kills immersion for me)

The best feature was how long battles and the battle data screen . That was neat to see how long you live through all the fights and duration .

All in all its ok . I can see where players could have some fun with it . I couldn't really find any feature that made me want to keep running it just because personal preference . The alerts being adjustable and maybe the frames transparency being a bit more adjustable would more something I would prefer if I was going to keep using it . Maybe optional floating text of damage and debuffs . If it was its own combat UI with all that stuff toggle able I think I would try again . Anyways thanks for letting me try the new version .

For the people that don't like the UI telling about projectiles incoming ... Combat Cloud is way worse then this add on . Wyykd is worse too . This add on doesn't show half the data those do .
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on March 9, 2017 9:54AM
    Options
  • ascan7
    ascan7
    ✭✭✭
    You see, i have a vision and i have a capability to embody my vision into the world. Currently i'm doing it, by writing optional addons for this game.

Truly having a vision and embodying it into the world would actually mean making your own game, not changing an already existing game.
    Edited by ascan7 on March 9, 2017 10:19AM
    Options
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know you're a bad player, if you need this kind of garbage to help you play.

NB enthusiastic:
    1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
    2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
    3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
    4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

Go dominion or go home

Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.
    Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    cheating cheating cheating!!
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olen_Mikko wrote: »
    You know you're a bad player, if you need this kind of garbage to help you play.

At some point; you have to do as everyone else does or get left behind. I really don't like being spoon feed information but I am at a huge disadvantage not to make use of it myself. It's not something to get mad at Dorrino about. It's on ZOS to decide if his "vision" is there vision on how the game should be played. They enable the hooks so they have the control here.
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    cheating cheating cheating!!

What do you think about people playing on 21:9 and simply being able to see more than you do? Is that cheating aswell?

Because essentially it´s just as much supported by the devs as this addon is.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Talk it up all you want, it is what it is. If i toss a frags at you from the side and you dont see it, you should get hit by it.

period.

Don't toss frags from a side?

I always wondered how people could want to have unfair advantage for themselves and at the same time could not feel bad because of it.

having all this little *** arse crutches are not unfair advantages? You said you wants to be measures of skill, but talk up an app that makes it easier...ok..lmao
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
    Options
  • out51d3r
    out51d3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't consider an addon like this to be cheating/exploiting. The game allows you to do it, so it's fair.

I do, however, think that anybody who used the previous anti-stealth functions has given up any right to complain about grey area mechanic loopholes that other people use. If you're going to live by the sword, be prepared to die by the sword.

If you thought the anti-stealth functions were fair, I don't want to see you complaining about double mundus, wall jumping, keep trading, or anything like that. Either grey area mechanics are okay, or they aren't. You don't get to pick and choose and be high and mighty about the people that use the ones you don't like.
    Edited by out51d3r on March 9, 2017 9:23PM
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never got any alerts from anyone on stealth attacking the whole night which is good because we shouldn't .

I actually did... sort of. A NB kept trolling me with Mark. The alert seemed to pop up before the red cloud on my character appeared. This could just be that the API notifies when someone starts a skill, but the red cloud doesn't show until the animation window is complete?
    For the people that don't like the UI telling about projectiles incoming ... Combat Cloud is way worse then this add on . Wyykd is worse too . This add on doesn't show half the data those do .

Yeah, and I don't like the constant ADHD scrolling and notifications of those. I mostly like the player counter, and the number of players attacking you is also useful. I suspect I'll turn the rest of it off again after playing with it for a couple of days.
    Options
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of MMOs have addons like these, I used a ton when I competitively PvPd in WoW (i was a grand overlord 2600 rank at one point). Without those addons, a lot of players would find their scores dropping. See as I matured (my gaming I mean) I came to realize these tools have nothing to with skill and carry most people who use them.

To me, skill is moving along rocks and trees stalking after someone who doesnt see you. Skill involves situational awareness, paying attention to red circles on the ground and predicting your opponents next move. This addon does some of that legwork for you, and gives the user an unfair advantage.

Sniper style play is supposed to include the element of surprise, and is kind of NB class defining if you ask me. A skilled player in the open should be prepared for the "ganks" (stacking impen, running RML or Def Rune, etc) and not have pre-programmed, third party eyes on the back of his head.

Some of us came here because it's not WoW. But you're turning the game into a contest of who has the latest and greatest macro keyboards, addons, and tools. Your addon is the splenda and aspartme in ESO, an artificial set of reactionary skills that have nothing to do with skill or competitive PvP. It's the petroleum jelly under Cyrodiils proverbial sports cap.

You want to support a competitve pvp environment? Stop using loopholes to cheat and fancy wording to mask the true nature of the addon. It's an imperfect system, but a game some of us love....not a prepubescent playground for epeens and egos.

Have some sportsmanship,

Let me ask you something.

If you treat the game as a competitive arena, then it's not enough to say 'let everybody use the same interface'.

You need to add 'Only healthy and strong individuals apply'.

Your quote about steroids shows it nicely.

I can see your point. Just like in sports (or war) there's an equal ground for everybody and let the strongest (most adaptable) win.

Should i tell you than 95%+ of participants are NOT the strongest and will lose?

Even worse. Those 95% cannot BECOME strongest. Mother nature gave them a lot of gifts, but not exactly these. Or not to the degree to 'be the strongest'.

When we talk about sports (or war) you might say - that's the point.

But this is a game.

You say 'pay attention to red circles', but what if somebody can't SEE the circles because of a deficiency he has?

In a war you could say 'well, tough luck, should've been born with better eyes, next!'. Would you want to say the same thing here, in ESO? Because that's exactly what opponents of UI customization are telling to other people.

If you'd say the same thing to other eso players, than i can only applaud your consistency and move on.

Because i can't.

Yes because MLBers have an add on that tells them what pitch is coming..and did you see Tom Brady react when his add on told him he was about to get blindsided during the superbowl
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
    Options
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The name of the person that's attacking you being real big was ok I guess . I'm not really into names but it made reading easy . (Being attacked by Mcdiggler Doodlebutts sort of kills immersion for me)
    The alerts being adjustable and maybe the frames transparency being a bit more adjustable would more something I would prefer if I was going to keep using it

Done. All the frames besides Counter are now scalable.

Also almost all the features can be selectively turned on and off completely.

wazzz56 wrote: »

Yes because MLBers have an add on that tells them what pitch is coming..and did you see Tom Brady react when his add on told him he was about to get blindsided during the superbowl

This is, folks, how people miss the point of the post they quote:)

Professional sportsmen don't use addons because they all are awesome and choose to compete on the same terms.

What about 99% of population who are not professional sportsmen? Do we make mmos only for the best of the best?
    Edited by Dorrino on March 9, 2017 8:48PM
    Options
  • LadyLavina
    LadyLavina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edit: deleted because stuff and things
    Edited by LadyLavina on March 9, 2017 8:45PM
    PC - NA @LadyLavina 1800+ CP PvP Tank and PvP Healer
    Options
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LadyLavina wrote: »

lol you're just determined to push your little cheap ass add on even after zos worked against you.

gg

ZOS never worked against me. Both ZOS and myself are interested to make the game better. ZOS, within their design direction decided that stealth detection part had to go.

The addon was working perfectly when after the update, minus the features they blocked.

The rest of it is still great, so i expanded on that.

Don't forget to enjoy it:)
    Options