The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Addon] Miat's PVP Alerts has been updated!

• Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    /takes frags off bar......

All those threads complaining about curse and wrath... maybe its cos Frags always fekkin misses!
    Edited by Biro123 on March 8, 2017 2:47PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

All those threads complaining about curse and wrath... maybe its cos Frags always fekkin misses!

Only attack with proc frags, and block or roll cancel the animation. They'll be hit before they can react to a notification. And don't hard cast. Just don't. Anyone with reflect will show you why. Sorcs will be perfectly fine.

This addon is complete crap for archers though. You might as well put your bow away because you'll never surprise anyone with PI/Snipe anymore.
    Edited by Minalan on March 8, 2017 3:11PM
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for making this public, hopefully ZOS won't wait until Morrowind to address this.

Also, how does this addon detect instant cast abilities like Flame Reach? I thought it could only detect abilities with a cast time?

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

Only attack with proc frags, and block or roll cancel the animation. They'll be hit before they can react to a notification. And don't hard cast. Just don't. Anyone with reflect will show you why. Sorcs will be perfectly fine.

This addon is complete crap for archers though. You might as well put your bow away because you'll never surprise anyone with PI/Snipe anymore.

I dunno,man. Look at the list of abilities it warns against plenty are insta-casts - so not hardcasting won't make much difference (not like I really did that anyway).. Ani-cancelling won't hide it from the addon. All that will make a difference is to either CC em first or be right in their face when you throw it.

Hmm.. I have an idea for a stam-regen, roll-dodge based magsorc build using Miats as its crutch....
    Edited by Biro123 on March 8, 2017 3:45PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dorrino wrote: »
    @Dorrino

Does the projectile notification let you know if the attack is coming even if attacker is stealthed ? Or is this more like combat cloud that gives notification except with added sounds and only from visible players ?

Later option as far as i know. You can test it yourself:)
    Xvorg wrote: »

the downside of that addon is flappy wings in certain tanks

Oh yeah, you will get a notification if your projectiles from the list get reflected back to you as well:)

interesting... now it is balanced.

I'll give it a try
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I dunno,man. Look at the list of abilities it warns against plenty are insta-casts - so not hardcasting won't make much difference (not like I really did that anyway).. Ani-cancelling won't hide it from the addon. All that will make a difference is to either CC em first or be right in their face when you throw it.

Hmm.. I have an idea for a stam-regen, roll-dodge based magsorc build using Miats as its crutch....

Ani-cancelling speeds up the proc frag attack so that it lands literally half a second second after releasing it (assuming you're close enough). Even far away they won't have much time to react to it.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ani-cancelling speeds up the proc frag attack so that it lands literally half a second second after releasing it (assuming you're close enough). Even far away they won't have much time to react to it.

Animation cancel does not speed up projectiles
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DOWNLOAD HERE

New features in 2.0x:

1. COOL list. People added to this list (through context menu, keybind) are treated as friends throughout the addon. Think about a second friend list for cool people who didn't make it into you real friend list.

2. Notifications for key projectiles. When you are the target of a projectile skill from the list you will get a sound and visual notification when the projectile is launched. Covered skills are:

- Crystal Blast and morphs,
    - Javeline and morphs,
    - Flame Reach and Shock Touch,
    - Stormfist and morphs,
    - Assassin's Will/Scorge,
    - Shield Charge and its morphs,
    - Toppling Charge

3. Mouseover processing. Now people are added to counter/kos lists from mouseover in addition to those who you tagged. So try to look at everybody.

4. Spec detection has been reworked. Now the color of the class icon shows the spec:

- gray color - no spec have been detected yet.
    - green color - stamina spec
    - blue color - magicka spec
    - red color - hybrid/weird spec

5. List of recent attackers. Former list of stealthed targets is now the list of attackers/targets. When you attack somebody or anybody attacks you their names will appear in that list. The icons are:

- red reticle - they attacked you, but you never attacked them
    - crossswords - you attacked them
    - skull - they died
    - white flag - they released

6. Integration to the vanilla target frame. If you use vanilla target frame, the name of the player there will have the icon with his spec color to the left of his name and friend/cool/kos etc icon to the right of his name.

7. Players database search. Implemented search feature throughout your database of players.

- "Who is this?" item in the context menu will output the list of all other known characters of that person.

- /who charname - slash command will try to find the char name provided and output other chars on that account.

- /who @accountname - slash command to lookup account name

The /who commands will strip the provided names from speceial characters and decapitalize them. So in most cases you should be able to look up a fancy name with a simpler version of it.

Additionally, /who charname looks up loose matches for the input name. Example /who heals will return 'Heals-for-life' or 'healsnot' in addition to 'Heals'.

8. Tooltips for the counter have been reworked. The names in the list are now grouped by categories (groupmembers, friends, kos etc) and are sorter alphabetically within the category.

Enjoy!:)

What mega-server you play and what @ name? I don't care about the stealth crap, but every time I get hit with NB fear in lag, see the icon and break it before my toon shows it has been feared, I will send you gold. It could add up to huge numbers over time!
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont get me wrong Miat, I think there are really cool features with this addon. I just think the projectile notification is garbage.

• Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What mega-server you play and what @ name? I don't care about the stealth crap, but every time I get hit with NB fear in lag, see the icon and break it before my toon shows it has been feared, I will send you gold. It could add up to huge numbers over time!

NA @dorrino

Feel free to send luxury cars and virgins my way as well:)
    Dont get me wrong Miat, I think there are really cool features with this addon. I just think the projectile notification is garbage.

This reaction was expected:)

Still i will continue to promote my vision of pvp.
    Edited by Dorrino on March 8, 2017 6:23PM
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »

It doesn't speed up the projectile, it cuts the telegraph out of the attack. There's no hand or body movement, it makes the attack instant. You're right that the frag still has to fly to the target, but the notification starts when the animation does. You're cutting that out, reducing the time they have to respond. And if you're close enough it hits right away regardless.

I'm really surprised the bow guys aren't a lot angrier about this. Anyone using this addon is never going to be surprised by a snipe again.

NA @dorrino

Is this a new addon or is it merged with your CC notification addon? Just curious, it's nice knowing when to break CC in this game.
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this a new addon or is it merged with your CC notification addon? Just curious, it's nice knowing when to break CC in this game.

Same PVP alerts.

I'll keep these 2 addon separate for now, since CC tracker has its uses in pve.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A request: please add a font size selection for the list of players nearby. It's kinda nice to have for occasional reference, but takes up a lot of screen real estate.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

NA @dorrino

Lul, again this bs. :D
    SanTii.92 wrote: »

It doesn't speed up the projectile, it cuts the telegraph out of the attack. There's no hand or body movement, it makes the attack instant. You're right that the frag still has to fly to the target, but the notification starts when the animation does. You're cutting that out, reducing the time they have to respond. And if you're close enough it hits right away regardless.

I'm really surprised the bow guys aren't a lot angrier about this. Anyone using this addon is never going to be surprised by a snipe again.

NA @dorrino

As a bow guy, you get used to it. Snipes are already so easy to hear/see and many people use dodge for the lulz anyway.
    Edited by SodanTok on March 8, 2017 6:57PM
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    A request: please add a font size selection for the list of players nearby. It's kinda nice to have for occasional reference, but takes up a lot of screen real estate.

This is doable. I'll see what i can do.

To clarify, you mean the attackers list specifically?
    Edited by Dorrino on March 8, 2017 7:12PM
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

"Your vision of pvp"?

That sounds so narcissistic and borderline egomaniacal.

I'm not insulting you personally Miat, in fact I think your a cool guy, but it's never wise to foist and cram things down people's throats, which is essentially what your doing here.

You can bet I'm going to send some very well written, respectful, polite emails to some ZOS employees explaining why I don't think this is good for the community. Hopefully like last time they act on it and change it.

Until then, good luck out there, but I have to respectfully disagree...the devs need to just strip the API completely with the exception of combat logs, or better yet include combat logs and floating text and gut the API completely.

It's pretty sad that consoles are the only ones with combat on equal footing without the use of addons

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Your vision of pvp"?

I'm not insulting you personally Miat, in fact I think your a cool guy, but it's never wise to foist and cram things down people's throats, which is essentially what your doing here.

You see, i have a vision and i have a capability to embody my vision into the world. Currently i'm doing it, by writing optional addons for this game.

You might disagree with my vision. That's fine. Don't use my addons.

But what you are doing here is exactly cramming YOUR vision down people's throats, by complaining and forcing people to play YOUR way.

I don't force anybody to use my addons. If people find they like them - they use them. If you don't find that you like them - you refrain from using them.

It's that simple.

But you're complaining that other people (not you) are using addons that, by design, give them better awareness about their surroundings.

You, on the other hand, actively try to prevent those people (not you) to have that better awareness.

I don't see any reasoning for your motivation to do so, but general hate towards people. I'm sorry.

Until then, good luck out there, but I have to respectfully disagree...the devs need to just strip the API completely with the exception of combat logs, or better yet include combat logs and floating text and gut the API completely.

The whole point of interface addons is to customize the game's interface and tailor it to each person's needs.

People are different, their perceptional schemes are different. How can you expect different people having the same interface and be "on equal footing"?

• RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's very simple

Do people not have a reasonable expectation to be on equal footing in a game without using 3rd party addons not supported by the developer?

I think any rational person would say yes. No where listed on the box, in game tutorial descriptions, etc does it say "you will be at a disadvantage if you don't use X addons"

If you don't use this addon or others like it, then your being put at a disadvantage. That's my point

I don't run any addons that give me warnings or tell me someone is attacking me. Either I hear it, see it, and react to it, or I get hit.

Your addon is removing the infallible nature of human error, and goes against the spirit of equal and fair competition.

Using this addon against someone not using it is equivalent to UFC fighters juicing before a fight and not getting caught.

ZOS is the ultimate arbitrator of the rules, and they owe their customers a reasonable expectation of being on equal footing without use of a 3rd party addon

A DPS meter, combat text, even a combat log is one thing. Warning of attacks ahead of time is a completely different affair, saying someone using that against someone who isn't and saying one isn't disadvantaged is disingenuous.

Paul Sage was right he didn't want the API to be open in the beta for exactly the type of addon you have made here Miat....

I won't use your addon, but I'll be at a disadvantage because of it like everyone else who doesn't. That's simply not right. The addon API was designed to add to the base UI not give people advantages over others.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Your vision of pvp"?

You see, i have a vision and i have a capability to embody my vision into the world. Currently i'm doing it, by writing optional addons for this game.

You might disagree with my vision. That's fine. Don't use my addons.

But what you are doing here is exactly cramming YOUR vision down people's throats, by complaining and forcing people to play YOUR way.

I don't force anybody to use my addons. If people find they like them - they use them. If you don't find that you like them - you refrain from using them.

It's that simple.

But you're complaining that other people (not you) are using addons that, by design, give them better awareness about their surroundings.

You, on the other hand, actively try to prevent those people (not you) to have that better awareness.

I don't see any reasoning for your motivation to do so, but general hate towards people. I'm sorry.

The whole point of interface addons is to customize the game's interface and tailor it to each person's needs.

People are different, their perceptional schemes are different. How can you expect different people having the same interface and be "on equal footing"?

These are some NEXT LEVEL arguments lol. He wasn't cramming his vision down people throats, ZoS is and everyone agrees to it by playing the game.
    You on other hand are cramming YOUR vision down everyone's throat. COuntering that with calling it "optional" is like the stupidest thing you could ever say, since the point in question affects negatively EVERYONE and only the positive part of it is optional.
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's very simple

Do people not have a reasonable expectation to be on equal footing in a game without using 3rd party addons not supported by the developer?

People might have these expectations, but the fact they have them doesn't make them true.

Even though it's just a part of the picture, think about people with mild color deficiencies or mild hearing problems.

If you have just one interface those people will be in a disadvantage.

Now displays and speaker systems that people have are different as well. By having, say, the same interface with the same reliance on sound ques these people having inferior sound systems (or no sound at all) will be at a severe disadvantage.

People's computers are different as well. Somebody having a beefy pc will definitely have an advantage over the player with a poorer pc provided the interface has the same visual and audio scheme of information representation for both of them.

Even more, different people have different capability of processing a complex visual scene and discerning in time which parts of it are important and which parts are not. If you have the same interface then the people with inferior capability of doing so will be at a disadvantage compared to those who have it better.

I can go on if necessary.

This way having the same interface is the exact opposite of providing 'equal footing' in a game, and this is exactly the reason why ESO and many other mmos have interface customization through addons.

Unlike most single player games, mmos cater to the most diverse audiences who require the most diverse interface solutions to meet their diverse needs.

Now the question might be, why wouldn't zos themselves make their interface customizable enough to meet all those diverse needs?

And the answer is it's highly inefficient for them to do and no matter how much effort and money they would put into this task, there always be a group of people whose needs are not met. Vocal group of people. Paying vocal group of people. And they all would come to zos, because only zos would be able to help them.
    I think any rational person would say yes. No where listed on the box, in game tutorial descriptions, etc does it say "you will be at a disadvantage if you don't use X addons"

If you don't use this addon or others like it, then your being put at a disadvantage. That's my point

This is not true. Some people (and i know some examples of those people) not just won't find my addons useful, but the other way around. They would find them distracting and annoying. See above about different people requiring different things.
    I don't run any addons that give me warnings or tell me someone is attacking me. Either I hear it, see it, and react to it, or I get hit.

So you trust your hardware setup and your senses to provide you sufficient information about the fight.

Imagine people who can't trust one, another or both.
    Your addon is removing the infallible nature of human error, and goes against the spirit of equal and fair competition.

On the contrary. My addons 'expose' the 'infallible nature of human error'' because they take awareness errors (some of them) out of the picture and leave pure 'skill' (i.e. proper response to properly presented information).
    Edited by Dorrino on March 8, 2017 9:32PM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's very simple

ZOS provides a official, supported API for add-on developers that includes all of the functions that add-on developers use. You personally may not like what is included in the API, but add-in developers aren't doing anything shady.

ZOS already reviewed this add-on in particular and removed something they thought was problematic, but their lack of action on any other features shows the developers are fine with what it does otherwise.
    NBrookus wrote: »

This is doable. I'll see what i can do.

To clarify, you mean the attackers list specifically?

Yes, that is the window I meant. And thanks. Love your CC tracker, BTW, even if it is depressing sometimes. :#
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭

These are some NEXT LEVEL arguments lol. He wasn't cramming his vision down people throats, ZoS is and everyone agrees to it by playing the game.
    You on other hand are cramming YOUR vision down everyone's throat. COuntering that with calling it "optional" is like the stupidest thing you could ever say, since the point in question affects negatively EVERYONE and only the positive part of it is optional.

The point in question affects POSITIVELY everyone to the degree that some people feel it's MANDATORY for them to have the addon.

People need this information presented in a clear way. The addon provides a solution. People are happy.

• tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's very simple

People might have these expectations, but the fact they have them doesn't make them true.

Even though it's just a part of the picture, think about people with mild color deficiencies or mild hearing problems.

If you have just one interface those people will be in a disadvantage.

Now displays and speaker systems that people have are different as well. By having, say, the same interface with the same reliance on sound ques these people having inferior sound systems (or no sound at all) will be at a severe disadvantage.

People's computers are different as well. Somebody having a beefy pc will definitely have an advantage over the player with a poorer pc provided the interface has the same visual and audio scheme of information representation for both of them.

Even more, different people have different capability of processing a complex visual scene and discerning in time which parts of it are important and which parts are not. If you have the same interface then the people with inferior capability of doing so will be at a disadvantage compared to those who have it better.

I can go on if necessary.

This way having the same interface is the exact opposite of providing 'equal footing' in a game, and this is exactly the reason why ESO and many other mmos have interface customization through addons.

Unlike most single player games, mmos cater to the most diverse audiences who require the most diverse interface solutions to meet their diverse needs.

Now the question might be, why wouldn't zos themselves make their interface customizable enough to meet all those diverse needs?

And the answer is it's highly inefficient for them to do and no matter how much effort and money they would put into this task, there always be a group of people whose needs are not met. Vocal group of people. Paying vocal group of people. And they all would come to zos, because only zos would be able to help them.

This is not true. Some people (and i know some examples of those people) not just won't find my addons useful, but the other way around. They would find them distracting and annoying. See above about different people requiring different things.

So you trust your hardware setup and your senses to provide you sufficient information about the fight.

Imagine people who can't trust one, another or both.

On the contrary. My addons 'expose' the 'infallible nature of human error'' because they take awareness errors (some of them) out of the picture and leave pure 'skill' (i.e. proper response to properly presented information).

That last line is telling. You are redefining what "skill" is in the game. Or at least redefining what skills are important. Resolving ambiguous information and acting accordingly IS a major PVP skill. So out of 3 steps (Recognition of a threat, knowing the proper response, providing the proper response in a timely manner) you have worked to eliminate 1, proclaiming there are only 2 steps that should be required for skillful play.

Have you considered the disadvantages of this opinion?
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    This idea of my vision of PvP is redonkulous. You are trolling everyone. Even ZOS. Maybe mainly ZOS.

Your add on is whatever, good or bad. I do not care. I will say ty for making it public however. I think that's a good and great thing.

I have to ask. Did you once work for ZOS and got canned for a vision you had or something?
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tonemd wrote: »

That last line is telling. You are redefining what "skill" is in the game. Or at least redefining what skills are important. Resolving ambiguous information and acting accordingly IS a major PVP skill. So out of 3 steps (Recognition of a threat, knowing the proper response, providing the proper response in a timely manner) you have worked to eliminate 1, proclaiming there are only 2 steps that should be required for skillful play.

Have you considered the disadvantages of this opinion?

I would agree with you, if there was a way to train yourself to 'recognize a threat better'. If you didn't notice something, you can't just say 'next time i will notice this', because you don't know why haven't you noticed it in the first place.

It's not a skill you can sit and think about after the fight 'i could've did X and noticed that'. It either happens or it doesn't happen. So the only thing you can consciously do is to HOPE that next time you will notice this.

I doubt you can say it was your choice not to notice that?:)

And again, different people have different 'caps' on what they are physically capable to notice, no matter how much practice they put in there. Interface customization allows people to 'raise' the desired things 'above' their awareness threshold.

People who have this threshold naturally quite low don't see both the need for and the problem with the addon.

People who have this threshold high - take this customization option as a blessing.

Edited by Dorrino on March 8, 2017 10:07PM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think most rational and objectivity gets cast out a window the moment the word Miat enters a conversation . The entire API has been changed because of a previous version . This new one does nothing more then other addons for combat UI . If players have issues with projectile notifications then that is an issue for all combat UIs available . Almost everyone one of those has a Dodge now or cleanse now notification . Maybe try renaming the addon in your heads to Fluffys combat couch and see if that takes some of scary away .
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Your vision of pvp"?

You can bet I'm going to send some very well written, respectful, polite emails to some ZOS employees explaining why I don't think this is good for the community. Hopefully like last time they act on it and change it.

It's pretty sad that consoles are the only ones with combat on equal footing without the use of addons

Ive already done this Rinaldo, youll get the same response as I did.

A lot of MMOs have addons like these, I used a ton when I competitively PvPd in WoW (i was a grand overlord 2600 rank at one point). Without those addons, a lot of players would find their scores dropping. See as I matured (my gaming I mean) I came to realize these tools have nothing to with skill and carry most people who use them.

To me, skill is moving along rocks and trees stalking after someone who doesnt see you. Skill involves situational awareness, paying attention to red circles on the ground and predicting your opponents next move. This addon does some of that legwork for you, and gives the user an unfair advantage.

Sniper style play is supposed to include the element of surprise, and is kind of NB class defining if you ask me. A skilled player in the open should be prepared for the "ganks" (stacking impen, running RML or Def Rune, etc) and not have pre-programmed, third party eyes on the back of his head.

Some of us came here because it's not WoW. But you're turning the game into a contest of who has the latest and greatest macro keyboards, addons, and tools. Your addon is the splenda and aspartme in ESO, an artificial set of reactionary skills that have nothing to do with skill or competitive PvP. It's the petroleum jelly under Cyrodiils proverbial sports cap.

You want to support a competitve pvp environment? Stop using loopholes to cheat and fancy wording to mask the true nature of the addon. It's an imperfect system, but a game some of us love....not a prepubescent playground for epeens and egos.

Have some sportsmanship,
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [/quote]
    And again, different people have different 'caps' on what they are physically capable to notice, no matter how much practice they put in there. Interface customization allows people to 'raise' the desired things 'above' their awareness threshold.

[/quote]

Like steroids? Which, bt-dubs, are illegal in professional sports.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Your vision of pvp"?

Ive already done this Rinaldo, youll get the same response as I did.

A lot of MMOs have addons like these, I used a ton when I competitively PvPd in WoW (i was a grand overlord 2600 rank at one point). Without those addons, a lot of players would find their scores dropping. See as I matured (my gaming I mean) I came to realize these tools have nothing to with skill and carry most people who use them.

To me, skill is moving along rocks and trees stalking after someone who doesnt see you. Skill involves situational awareness, paying attention to red circles on the ground and predicting your opponents next move. This addon does some of that legwork for you, and gives the user an unfair advantage.

Sniper style play is supposed to include the element of surprise, and is kind of NB class defining if you ask me. A skilled player in the open should be prepared for the "ganks" (stacking impen, running RML or Def Rune, etc) and not have pre-programmed, third party eyes on the back of his head.

Some of us came here because it's not WoW. But you're turning the game into a contest of who has the latest and greatest macro keyboards, addons, and tools. Your addon is the splenda and aspartme in ESO, an artificial set of reactionary skills that have nothing to do with skill or competitive PvP. It's the petroleum jelly under Cyrodiils proverbial sports cap.

You want to support a competitve pvp environment? Stop using loopholes to cheat and fancy wording to mask the true nature of the addon. It's an imperfect system, but a game some of us love....not a prepubescent playground for epeens and egos.

Have some sportsmanship,

Stealth notification was removed from the API . In fact a bunch of notifications were removed from the API based on time of last ability used .
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miat you didnt write this addon to help hearing impaired or color blind people. get real. that should be on the developers responsibiltiy to include (and im pretty sure there's an option in the settings to accommodate).

you wrote the addon knowing you could get away with it. The same folks who still allow cheat engine, evasion stacking (hist, mirage etc), double mundus, etc the list goes on.

you wrote the addon so you can better control what you put on your bars (meaning not having to slot defensive abilities). I wouldnt need to slot defensive rune if i knew an attack was coming!