Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Server Crashing again? 3/5/2017

• Iskrasfemme
    Iskrasfemme
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not ZOS fault

A fiber cable owned by Level 3 has been cut in Houston Texas. It is not fully repaired yet. In the meantime traffic is being re-routed on a different path. Continue to expect issues until it's fixed. There is nothing ZOS can do about it but wait.

How do I know? Because I received an email from Level 3 telling me about it because my employer buys bandwidth from them. ZOS servers are in Texas...

Hopefully Level 3 gets it fixed soon. Probably won't be today unless they are willing to pay guys mega overtime, plus ya gotta hire a contractor with equipment to dig it all up and fix it...it's not just something they can snap their fingers and fix. Ya gotta meet with city officials, get permission from state utility boards, work with the power company, etc

I'd expect everything back to normal by early Tuesday morning they will re-route traffic until then and keep the majority of most used internet services functional

Do you really think that a company that up to now does not give me any explanation about what happens to its servers, after 22 hours of trouble, are you saying any truth in the posted banner?

Yes I am. How would ZOS know there is a fiver cable that got cut in error?

This was in the email I received:

*** CASCADED EXTERNAL NOTES 04-Mar-2017 01:21:34 GMT From CASE: 12333707 - Event
    Field Services reports that excavation crews have arrived on site, and excavations are underway. Replacement fiber has been dispatched to the failure site, with an ETA of approximately 02:00 GMT.

It failed early March 4th, as you can see, they had to hire a contractor excavation crew to dig sometime yesterday.

Everything is not completely fixed yet. I don't live in Texas I don't know how far along they are. Maybe we will get lucky and everything will be back to 100% tommorow

Just jumping on ZOS without knowing everything is simply unfair. To ZOS credit when things have been internal to their own networks they have owned up to them.

The alternate routes depending where you live may be saturated until this fiber cut issue is fully fixed. Blame the food who obviously didn't call before you dig

I appreciate your concern, sincerely. However, it is time for the company to speak on its behalf about what actually happens. Your subscribers deserve it, you deserve to know what happens.
  • Shrinkwrap
    Shrinkwrap
    ✭✭✭

*** CASCADED EXTERNAL NOTES 04-Mar-2017 01:21:34 GMT From CASE: 12333707 - Event
    Field Services reports that excavation crews have arrived on site, and excavations are underway. Replacement fiber has been dispatched to the failure site, with an ETA of approximately 02:00 GMT.
    That's interesting... can you post the entire email?
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Work around to get in but you have to follow exact instructions .

Open Zos file in Program Files/ Launcher/ rename Program Data file to Program Data Backup . Stop .
    Close folder , stop . Open your launcher, let it up date , stop . Close launcher completely , stop . Reopen launcher and now login your account .
  • Mitoice
    Mitoice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only solution is to use a mobile data tethering, I was able to log on to ESO using my AT&T tethering plan. But I cant login using my home internet since yesterday.

• Iskrasfemme
    Iskrasfemme
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shrinkwrap wrote: »

... is it some kinda of state secret a problem in an internet network in the US? Could not ESO Support simply explain this to its subscribers and non-subscribers? Is it some kind of 'sin' to speak truths?

So, the problem is not the 'outside line' of the internet ... and yes, ZOS servers!
    Edited by Iskrasfemme on March 5, 2017 6:05PM
  • kingmofo
    kingmofo
    Soul Shriven
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Quoted from another thread, because some people in the "keep trying" bucket may find it useful:
    SBB wrote: »
    Try this. If you can open this link, you should be able to log in to NA: https://live-services.elderscrollsonline.com/announcement/message?announcer_id=2

If it returns "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><zos_platform_response>.." etc, you should be able to log in.

If you get a time out error, you won't be able to log in.

Worked for me thanks!
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zD4X8.gif
    YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shrinkwrap wrote: »

That was pretty much it. They just said some of our services may be impacted and if they were to contact their CS to make arrangements with that little status update above. There are other customers saying they got the same notice on downdetector.com and other sites. It's just your standard run of the mill information message when something is going to be down or something.

As for why ZOS hasn't said anything about it? I don't know. It could be quite a few legit reasons why they haven't. maybe the outage only effects certain isp connecting to them, and not them directly I don't know.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Iskrasfemme
    Iskrasfemme
    ✭✭✭✭
    "keep trying"- "The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!"

:p
  • Shrinkwrap
    Shrinkwrap
    ✭✭✭
    Work around to get in but you have to follow exact instructions .

Open Zos file in Program Files/ Launcher/ rename Program Data file to Program Data Backup . Stop .
    Close folder , stop . Open your launcher, let it up date , stop . Close launcher completely , stop . Reopen launcher and now login your account .

Not working for me now. It worked this morning about 6am eastern, but not now. I called Level3 and they do have a cut fibre optic cable around the Ft. Worth area. The man who answered saw notes on it, but couldn't give me an estimated up time. He said, with it being a weekend the fix would surely take longer.
  • Weasel_Tunneler
    Weasel_Tunneler
    ✭✭✭
    Today is a bloody day... RIOT!

angrymob.jpg
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok all, we're seeing that more and more of you are able to get back in. With so many coming back in now, it may take a bit of time until everyone can log back in, but please keep trying.

With everything that's happened this weekend, can we ask for at least a post-mortem as to what actually happened this weekend? Would be nice knowing what happened, and have a general feel as to whether this is bound to happen again in the near future. Most service providers tend to provide these post-incident reports to their customers, would be nice getting one as well from ZOS.

Thanks...
  • Decon98b16_ESO
    Decon98b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully next weekend is better
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know between yesterday and today, with all the server troubles... it would be nice of ZOS to extend people's ESO plus days by 1 to make up for all the time they could not be on.
  • rudai123
    rudai123
    ZoS, stop lying to your customers. Stop it. Stop it. This is a customer service nightmare. If you were and stayed honest with us, then we would have sympathy. Since you are trying to deceive us, you are making it much much worse.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, is PS4 NA working again or still down? Just got back from two hours of sparring and I'm hoping to get a little virtual sword-n-shield action in today.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • zayven
    zayven
    Error 200. Tried wayshrining in the Gold Coast, got infinite load screen, closed the game, and cannot get back in since. I haven't had any issues until right now, then again, it's the first time in a few weeks I've had time to play more than a few minutes at a time.... and can't now. Who knows when the next "free time" I'll get is... sigh.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A VPN lets me log in 100% of the time, so use that if you have one.
  • Decon98b16_ESO
    Decon98b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS is claiming that this weekend's problems were caused by DDOS attacks.
    Hard to believe, imo, since these so called "DDOS attacks" have been on heavy player weekend days and
    very frequent since the release of the housing feature.
    I also find it hard to believe that this company is that important to people that do the attacks. Maybe once or twice but as many times as these problems are occurring, I think not.
    Imo, I think it is server load and player storage that is causing the problems.
    When this game released in 2014, there were a lot of servers. As time went on and interest dwindled, a smart company would take the extra hardware offline and shrink their resources. Now the game is more popular then ever, they have yet to add the necessary resources to keep up with the demand. That is why, I feel, the housing aspect is just window dressing at this point with all the restrictions (I do not blame them - if I had extra strain on my end, I would set restrictions too). Notice that it is very hard to find ZOS telling us each houses' furniture limits, if not impossible to find. You find out that when you buy one and realize that you can not furnish your home like you want to.
    I would be very interested in what Steam has to say about this - but since ZOS is currently a pebble in the ocean to them, probably would not bother even to comment.
    Edited by Decon98b16_ESO on March 6, 2017 9:19AM