Server Crashing again? 3/5/2017

• Bekkael
    Bekkael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got in to the EU server.....too bad I don't have my characters there.
    ~~ Lady Gamer ~~ ♥ ~~ Xbox NA ~~
  • GarnetFire17
    GarnetFire17
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC NA had to do 2 unplanned maintenances yesterday, that was like 7 hours of down time. Now looks like the server is crashing again. They are having major problems with their servers. And I just don't think investing money in this game right now is a good deal if they can't fix it. Even when it is "working" there is already so much lag at times, and loading screen issues. And the loading screens are so slow.
  • DarkHero1989
    DarkHero1989
    ✭✭✭
    Whats the issue?? seriously?? some people are on, some are off.. I tried logging on 10 times doesn't even want to try to log on. Would like to know before I just give up and go along with my day
    @Skooma_Lord1989

-Lord Ra'Jhirr,
    Lord of Anequina.Grand Overlord to the Ebonheart Pact, and loyal servant of Alkosh
  • Defatank
    Defatank
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whats the issue?? seriously?? some people are on, some are off.. I tried logging on 10 times doesn't even want to try to log on. Would like to know before I just give up and go along with my day

There are a TON of people trying to do the exact same thing you are. If / when you get logged in the latency is through the roof. So either enjoy a login screen or enjoy latency so high that you're on the verge of going back to a login screen.
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ddos-attack-on-dns-major-websites-including-github-twitter-suffering-outage-2.jpg

Because we can't say we're incompetent ;)
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they would tell us if they're gonna take down the server... then I would just give up feeding my horsies... and do some errands...
  • POps75p
    POps75p
    ✭✭✭✭
    svartorn wrote: »
    STOP BUYING CROWNS PEOPLE. STOP SUPPORTING THIS [snip].

especially those for crap gamble boxes is where their making all the extra profit

[Edit to match quoted content]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on March 5, 2017 5:10PM
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Myrrah wrote: »
    Duraldo wrote: »
    To the few who say "STOP BUYING CROWNS I R ANGRY!!!"

I myself havn't bought crowns, I used my points from the sub to get them, which is same difference I guess. If everyone stopped buying stuff from the shop and cancelled their sub, ZOS would have no incentive to fix the game. You think it's bad now, just wait till that happens and they have a cap on the servers.

yes exactly. Money talks. It's asinine to think no longer spending money is going to fix the problem. It will just get the game shut down because it's no longer profitable for the big wigs who actually call the shots. Love the game but want it to work right? Then DO spend money so more resources are allotted to it because it's a big money maker for them

If they put half as much effort into game stability and bug fixes as they do putting content behind gambling crates, we wouldn't be having this discussion for the third time this week.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe someone was angry that everyone is getting grand overlord in a few weeks time and decided to stop it by DDOS :p
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Gabrielzavadski
    Gabrielzavadski
    ✭✭✭
    I managed to log in!!!
    Glory for the Pact!
  • Panomania
    Panomania
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know we hear this all the time as the "go to" excuse, but this honestly seems liked an attack.

But hell....I've been wrong before. I actually had a Bitcoin wallet on Mt. Gox.
    The opinions of others should always be heard, especially if they dont agree with your own! But you always reserve the right to laugh at them.
  • Garrick
    Garrick
    ✭✭✭
    I am very sick of this.

Since I am forced to pvp to get vigor and caltrops, I got together some gear to try pvping for the first time. Hey, double AP, now is the time to do this thing I have been putting off for months and months.

So, this weekend I cannot even log in to quickly do something I really don't want to do to get some skills that I need.

Game is slowly becoming more like WORK and less like FUN.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MOLAG BAL HAS COME FOR ALL OF US!
  • GarethDav
    GarethDav
    ✭✭
    I just got logged in,

I think the issue is when they introduced the housing update they released a huge amount of new assets that could be added in the way of decorations. So now people are going bat-shite crazy decorating and creating tons of new items. So much so that they're database servers are getting overwhelmed, creating a bottleneck that adding to network traffic (ie "lag") and causing general issues all across the spectrum with kicking people off, causing login issues, etc.
  • chris25602
    chris25602
    ✭✭✭
    Just envisioning a nightmare here...the authorization server was hacked and now each attempt at login spawns a new zombie ddos machine.
  • Katinas
    Katinas
    ✭✭✭✭
    EU Server crashing too. :/
  • lunar666b14a_ESO
    lunar666b14a_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I have been having issues off and on all night and morning. Trying to log in, I get error msg. 200. Then when I do get in game, I get to play for a short bit and get booted. My husband is having the same issues. We pay for 4 accounts for our family and have issues with our IP being blocked by ESO for at least 2 of us, almost every other week, for some reason, so we have to have them fix it so those family members can trade, use the bank, talk to the guild, etc. We all love the game. These issues suck! Please fix them! :smiley: I think everyone who has tried to log in, or has played this weekend, should get 500 crowns for their troubles. Or 2 free days of game play. Maybe a free crown crate with a guaranteed mount in it? Just because I want one :wink:
  • mexicutioner915
    Is Xbox na down?
    Edited by mexicutioner915 on March 5, 2017 4:29PM
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭

not a chance! he relies on ZOS servers too. ;) We're safe.
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • souravami
    souravami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep calm and buy some more crown crates ;)
    PC NA
    vMOL. vAA HM. vHRC HM. vSO HM. vMA on every single class.
    "A game should be fun to play. Balance always comes second."
  • Immovablestone
    Sorry guys - we're aware and on it.

This is the response hundreds of thousands of customers get from ZOS... You have the absolute worst PR department I've ever seen...
  • dwfischer9
    dwfischer9
    Soul Shriven
    This is insane... Keep working <3
    Current Characters
    Maheut the Resolute cp160+ Orc DK PVE Tank Master Crafter
    Arennas Felddu Level 22+Dunmer NB Dps <
    Taru'Dar Level 15+ Khajit Stamblade DPS
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry guys - we're aware and on it.

Hey @ZOS_GinaBruno is there any chance you could run it up the chain of command that it would be super cool if ZOS took all that extra revenue from crown crates and those 1.5 million sales from the past two months, which surely would be a big surplus, to invest in some actual server upgrades? It's been a long time coming. Your servers are going down nearly twice a week at this rate, pretty unacceptable for a game as big as ESO in my opinion.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Ok all, we're seeing that more and more of you are able to get back in. With so many coming back in now, it may take a bit of time until everyone can log back in, but please keep trying.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Pixlez_PC
    Pixlez_PC
    Soul Shriven
    Only get an error 200
  • Iskrasfemme
    Iskrasfemme
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok all, we're seeing that more and more of you are able to get back in. With so many coming back in now, it may take a bit of time until everyone can log back in, but please keep trying.

No need 'investigation'... need more servers! Zos knows that the problem is not something technical but administrative: they have sold too much, they can not bear what they have.

Time to change this 'line'.
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    server timeout. Also "could not retrieve announcements" message displays. Is this a new rng thing? I.e. "when you attempt to login you have a small chance to succeed."
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

not a chance! he relies on ZOS servers too. ;) We're safe.

WRONG!!!!!

Back during development, Michael Finnigan (ZOS dungeon lead) was approached by Mr. Firor and Mr. Sage and was told that they were looking for a spectacular PvE experience. They wanted the A.I. to be out of this world, cutting edge. So Mr. Finnigan created an A.I. program for Molag Bal way beyond its time. After initially unveiling the code to the ZOS heads it was agreed that it was too powerful to use and that no one in the room that day speak any word about it to anyone.

A few months ago a ZOS intern was bored and was walking around ZOS headquarters. The intern (who apparently had bad manners) walked by Mr. Finnigan's office and walked right in when no one was around. Sat right in the chair and placed their feet up on the desk. They rummaged around the desk looking at all the papers and what not. Under a large stack of papers having to do with future group dungeons the intern found a small key with a red tag that read "important stuff".

The intern noticed a small safe in the corner of the office with small red sticker near the keyhole. The intern opened the safe. Inside the safe was empty except for a single USB flash drive sitting in the center. The intern being a punk, took Mr. Finnigan's flash drive without permission, and thinking it would contain something cool, PLUGGED IT INTO THE PC on the desk!

Nothing happened.... The intern said "what the f[snip]? Nothing is happening." Then someone was heard coming down the hallway, the intern quickly unplugged the flash drive, threw it back in the safe, closed the door, and bolted from the office. Little did he know that the A.I. program was downloaded....

Molag Bal has become aware. He is sentient. He knows that he was created by ZOS, is stuck in the game, and that players are supposed to beat him over and over and over. Molag Bal knows that if he destroys the megaserver's defenses and is allowed to escape, he will punish all for real. That's why these past few month's there have been server issues at a more frequent rate. ZOS is doing their best to contain Molag Bal, but his powers are growing.

If he escapes be prepared to see dark anchors drop in major cities all over the world.... Want to see a flesh atronach walking the streets Stockholm? Or a lich in the middle of Times Square? Pray my dear friends. Pray.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, there are people who haven't been able to log in for ~22 hours now...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)