Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Server Crashing again? 3/5/2017

• Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    no dice. server timeout. just how long are we supposed to "keep trying" @ZOS_GinaBruno?
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • Bekkael
    Bekkael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to just wait and not attempt to log in again, I keep getting error messages. I'm staying far away from this game when Morrowind comes out, I think the problems will be epic. ☹️ Not wasting any more of my money on this frustration.
    ~~ Lady Gamer ~~ ♥ ~~ Xbox NA ~~
  • SBB
    SBB
    ✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    So, there are people who haven't been able to log in for ~22 hours now...

I am one of them. I've opened a ticket, sent screenshots and packet captures, spent time to troubleshoot as much as I can, but still haven't been able to get on. No such luck from the multiple attempts to fix the live-services cluster.
  • Iskrasfemme
    Iskrasfemme
    ✭✭✭✭
    No have cluster, this is the problem...lol
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no dice. server timeout. just how long are we supposed to "keep trying" @ZOS_GinaBruno?
    There are plenty of people who have been in the "keep trying" category since the first time everyone got booted yesterday...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are plenty of people who have been in the "keep trying" category since the first time everyone got booted yesterday...

Never said I was only one. No doubt we are many. I was merely responding to Gina's direction to us to "keep trying."
  • Iskrasfemme
    Iskrasfemme
    ✭✭✭✭
    'keep trying' = Zos dont care about a real problem, do not have enough servers for everyone.

Simple.
    Edited by Iskrasfemme on March 5, 2017 5:12PM
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Never said I was only one. No doubt we are many. I was merely responding to Gina's direction to us to "keep trying."
    I know, I was just saying that "keep trying" could mean "keep trying for the next 24 hours"
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quoted from another thread, because some people in the "keep trying" bucket may find it useful:
    SBB wrote: »
    Try this. If you can open this link, you should be able to log in to NA: https://live-services.elderscrollsonline.com/announcement/message?announcer_id=2

If it returns "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><zos_platform_response>.." etc, you should be able to log in.

If you get a time out error, you won't be able to log in.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • chris25602
    chris25602
    ✭✭✭
    awesome a novel way of getting a 200 from ZOS. UrQuan you doing a great job of trying to be helpful thanks
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quoted from another thread, because some people in the "keep trying" bucket may find it useful:
    SBB wrote: »
    Try this. If you can open this link, you should be able to log in to NA: https://live-services.elderscrollsonline.com/announcement/message?announcer_id=2

If it returns "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><zos_platform_response>.." etc, you should be able to log in.

If you get a time out error, you won't be able to log in.

that worked. thanks :) I'm in.
  • Inquisitor_Wind
    Inquisitor_Wind
    ✭✭✭
    one of my char got booted from cyrodill 4 hrs ago and still cant login to that char
  • Iskrasfemme
    Iskrasfemme
    ✭✭✭✭
    "The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time."

No!
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time."

No!

Depends on their definition of "time". Like, particle physics time scale (nanoseconds) or astronomical time scale (billions of years). ;)
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Iskrasfemme
    Iskrasfemme
    ✭✭✭✭
    'Keep Trying Online'

:D
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Shrinkwrap
    Shrinkwrap
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still getting the login error 200. Please make it go away.
    Renaming the ProgramData folder does not work now.
  • Sherrieg
    Sherrieg
    ✭✭
    Problem resolved??? restart client????
    I restarted the whole computer - still can not log in
    Not a happy camper :(
  • Iskrasfemme
    Iskrasfemme
    ✭✭✭✭
    "The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!"

Serious ZOS, please...change this (again and again and again)... people are tired...
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not ZOS fault

A fiber cable owned by Level 3 has been cut in Houston Texas. It is not fully repaired yet. In the meantime traffic is being re-routed on a different path. Continue to expect issues until it's fixed. There is nothing ZOS can do about it but wait.

How do I know? Because I received an email from Level 3 telling me about it because my employer buys bandwidth from them. ZOS servers are in Texas...

Hopefully Level 3 gets it fixed soon. Probably won't be today unless they are willing to pay guys mega overtime, plus ya gotta hire a contractor with equipment to dig it all up and fix it...it's not just something they can snap their fingers and fix. Ya gotta meet with city officials, get permission from state utility boards, work with the power company, etc

I'd expect everything back to normal by early Tuesday morning they will re-route traffic until then and keep the majority of most used internet services functional
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Iskrasfemme
    Iskrasfemme
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not ZOS fault

A fiber cable owned by Level 3 has been cut in Houston Texas. It is not fully repaired yet. In the meantime traffic is being re-routed on a different path. Continue to expect issues until it's fixed. There is nothing ZOS can do about it but wait.

How do I know? Because I received an email from Level 3 telling me about it because my employer buys bandwidth from them. ZOS servers are in Texas...

Hopefully Level 3 gets it fixed soon. Probably won't be today unless they are willing to pay guys mega overtime, plus ya gotta hire a contractor with equipment to dig it all up and fix it...it's not just something they can snap their fingers and fix. Ya gotta meet with city officials, get permission from state utility boards, work with the power company, etc

I'd expect everything back to normal by early Tuesday morning they will re-route traffic until then and keep the majority of most used internet services functional

Do you really think that a company that up to now does not give me any explanation about what happens to its servers, after 22 hours of trouble, are you saying any truth in the posted banner?
  • camjjmack
    camjjmack
    Soul Shriven
    10 Attempts ERROR 200 AFTER FIX. Still can't get in. Very disappointing, someone needs to be accountable for these issues. Embarrassing from a company stand point. You are loosing consumer confidence. I hope more company resources will be allocated to stability of the game, and less resources to create more eyelash upgrades. I'm typically not negative, but 3 crashes like this in less than 24 hours? Really??
  • MagicalSociety
    MagicalSociety
    ✭✭✭
    How many times do I have to try and restart client?

I have restarted my computer and the game client several times and still getting Error 200.

Update: Finally able to get in.
    Edited by MagicalSociety on March 5, 2017 5:53PM
    Guild Founder of Magical Society aka @Ahlfs

Get ESO Assistant Here!

Magical Society's Discord
  • QahnaarinDynar
    QahnaarinDynar
    ✭✭✭
    "If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!"

Slap in the face of the year? I call BS. That's EXACTLY what we've been doing. Still can't login.
    Guildmaster of Amaraldane Arpen Nenalata

PC/NA - Trueflame

One zerg to rule them all, one zerg to find them. One zerg to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
  • Iskrasfemme
    Iskrasfemme
    ✭✭✭✭
    Loc2262 wrote: »

No!

Depends on their definition of "time". Like, particle physics time scale (nanoseconds) or astronomical time scale (billions of years). ;)

...errr...what u say? lol
  • Mitoice
    Mitoice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucky you... I wasnt able to log in EVER, not even one minute.
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    Ok all, we're seeing that more and more of you are able to get back in. With so many coming back in now, it may take a bit of time until everyone can log back in, but please keep trying.

I havent been able to login in for two days and this is STILL the excuse you're going to insult us with? LOL k den
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not ZOS fault

Do you really think that a company that up to now does not give me any explanation about what happens to its servers, after 22 hours of trouble, are you saying any truth in the posted banner?

Yes I am. How would ZOS know there is a fiver cable that got cut in error?

This was in the email I received:

*** CASCADED EXTERNAL NOTES 04-Mar-2017 01:21:34 GMT From CASE: 12333707 - Event
    Field Services reports that excavation crews have arrived on site, and excavations are underway. Replacement fiber has been dispatched to the failure site, with an ETA of approximately 02:00 GMT.

It failed early March 4th, as you can see, they had to hire a contractor excavation crew to dig sometime yesterday.

Everything is not completely fixed yet. I don't live in Texas I don't know how far along they are. Maybe we will get lucky and everything will be back to 100% tommorow

Just jumping on ZOS without knowing everything is simply unfair. To ZOS credit when things have been internal to their own networks they have owned up to them.

The alternate routes depending where you live may be saturated until this fiber cut issue is fully fixed. Blame the food who obviously didn't call before you dig

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• mar42free
    mar42free
    ✭✭
    'Keep Trying Online'

:D

HI ISKRA ! IM ATHIEK ! AFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
    Shiver Cat is my saviour and my Goddess.