Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

@zos for the next test can you just shut the servers off for a week?

asneakybanana
asneakybanana
✭✭✭✭✭
Title pretty much says it all. This test has been so much worse than the way the game was that zos probably would be better off taking the servers down for a week and doing a massive maintenance/code overhaul to try and fix the lag.
Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
Sweat Squad
Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
609k Mag Sorc vMA
NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why is it worse in your opinion? The skill cap is absolutely higher, trade offs in builds are actually important. There's no more unkillable super tanks. I could go on, but I'm more curious as to what has so drastically ruined it for you. Bombing still works fine.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My findings have been group pvp is much easier while solo pvp is much harder.
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Title pretty much says it all. This test has been so much worse than the way the game was that zos probably would be better off taking the servers down for a week and doing a massive maintenance/code overhaul to try and fix the lag.

You seem unhappy lately sneaky :neutral: What's upsetting you?
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    Why is it worse in your opinion? The skill cap is absolutely higher, trade offs in builds are actually important. There's no more unkillable super tanks. I could go on, but I'm more curious as to what has so drastically ruined it for you. Bombing still works fine.
    A little birdie told me that you actually need properly padded packaging to protect squishy bananas without CP. :smirk:
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

zergs and lag. I agree that it's fun when it's working but this whole event has simply encouraged balling up and toppling over 12k tick after 12k tick. I understand they wanted to encourage ppl to pvp but they should have just doubled ap for kills and heals and left ticks alone since they were already way more than double what they should be. And then the lag, oh boy the lag. With this clumping up it has felt laggier(using nouns as verbs is hawt) than ever. Last night my ping hit 999+ for the first time in a long time apart from the DDoS week and we actually had a massive game crash, not a server crash but a huge client crash at drakelowe last night when ~60 ad and 80 ep were fighting over the keep. Also, yay for double AP but the campaigns have been flooded w/ PVE players just trying to get their alliance ranks from ticks instead of actually pvping and testing and the Queues have been the highest i've seen since 1.6 which has actually deterred a lot of the real players from testing :/

EDIT: whoops forgot the siege this week. Its just so lol. YOU GET A 15K TREB AND YOU GET A 15K TREB AND YOU GET A 15K TREB AND YOU GET A 15K TREB AND YOU GET A 15K TREB!!!!
    Edited by asneakybanana on March 3, 2017 12:10AM
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Sweat Squad
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

zergs and lag. I agree that it's fun when it's working but this whole event has simply encouraged balling up and toppling over 12k tick after 12k tick. I understand they wanted to encourage ppl to pvp but they should have just doubled ap for kills and heals and left ticks alone since they were already way more than double what they should be. And then the lag, oh boy the lag. With this clumping up it has felt laggier(using nouns as verbs is hawt) than ever. Last night my ping hit 999+ for the first time in a long time apart from the DDoS week and we actually had a massive game crash, not a server crash but a huge client crash at drakelowe last night when ~60 ad and 80 ep were fighting over the keep. Also, yay for double AP but the campaigns have been flooded w/ PVE players just trying to get their alliance ranks from ticks instead of actually pvping and testing and the Queues have been the highest i've seen since 1.6 which has actually deterred a lot of the real players from testing :/

Edited by asneakybanana on March 3, 2017 12:10AM
    Sweat Squad
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you think taking the servers down for a week can improve? The servers do not need to be taken down to overhaul the codebase or redesign the game. They would only need to come down to apply an update. I'm pretty sure you understand this...

ESO AvA was already a disaster. I'm glad @ZOS_BrianWheeler is doing everything in his power to improve the situation. This is better than silence from ZOS for months as the problems pile up.

Edited by zyk on March 3, 2017 12:13AM
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Queues have been manageable in Had and Azura's. If TF is full, it's full. I'm excited to see PvP this populated.

Siege is impactful, but it won't kill you on its own unless you aren't paying attention. I'm playing a light armor vampire with no health bonuses, so I know how much it hurts. :lol: Also you have a shield and purge..

Destro bombing is stronger than ever without CP. Isn't that like all you do? My friends are flipping out they're having so much fun bombing right now.

My overall impression has been that group play, both large and small scale, is more enjoyable because mistakes are punishable and no one has infinite resources or healing. Soloing is harder overall, but some classes fare much better than others, displaying a greater reliance on CP for some classes.

I've noticed very little lag even in massive sieges unless a ball guild is on the server. Then it's crippling lag... :/
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anything in his power..... give out free ap in a week where many Players farmed years for it.
    make cyroddil worthless with the coming bgs.

poblem solved. that will be zos plan as they cant fix the lag
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove aoe caps next week.
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not gambling or paying 45 : lol :
    20% base speed for high ping players.
    Streak moves you faster then speed cap.
    Khajiit has the best damage passive in the game, lol 12%. Insane.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I understand they wanted to encourage ppl to pvp but they should have just doubled ap for kills and heals and left ticks alone since they were already way more than double what they should be. !

This is 100 percent what I think they should have done as well.

The double AP in conjunction with increased XP for noninteractive resource flipping or PvDooring has significantly altered player behavior.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YOU GET A 15K TREB AND YOU GET A 15K TREB AND YOU GET A 15K TREB AND YOU GET A 15K TREB AND YOU GET A 15K TREB!!!!

Lolll. Was doing this to TKG last night with 3 coldfire trebs. :trollface:<3
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Ferretstalker
    Ferretstalker
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a resident of Azura's normally and big fights always lead to lagging out. I'm not sure where they came to the conclusion that Azura's is somehow the perfect PvP setting and that CP was the cause of all the lag.
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    silky_soft wrote: »

Hell yes! Let's "test" those. :^)

And "test" restricting group sizes to 10.

And "test" removing healing springs from the game. lolol
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Earendal
    Earendal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lets test adding deer.
    Earendal - AD Templar
    Earendal Ebonheart - EP Templar
    Earendal Spellstorm - EP Sorcerer

Haxus and Havoc
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This community gets the game it deserves. Solo play died this week, yet all the zergboys are celebrating. You are not alone, OP.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Test might have been worth it if the keep take values were actually reasonable. Maybe next time "test" replacing some employees with competent ones?

rip decibel
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand they wanted to encourage ppl to pvp but they should have just doubled ap for kills and heals and left ticks alone since they were already way more than double what they should be. !

This is 100 percent what I think they should have done as well.

The double AP in conjunction with increased XP for noninteractive resource flipping or PvDooring has significantly altered player behavior.

You mean to say people are using siege and fighting for keeps rather than farming newbies at resources all day for "elite PvP"? :tongue:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • loki547
    loki547
    ✭✭✭✭

Zerg surfing still easy!

BSHZVGdJwWPyE.gif
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't remove AOE caps.

Legitimately inverse them. 50% dmg to the first 6 players and scaling up to 100%. AOEs are way too potent in PVP.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @asneakybanana

According to Brian Wheeler on ESO Live last Friday, the balling up and concentrating at keeps is 100% what they want us to do for this test week. As a code developer I can (I hope) offer some insight on that. What they're probably trying to do right now is gather a more robust set of data in the most extreme conditions possible for PvP, and that's only possible on the production servers while we're actually PvPing. With that data they can then better fix the base-game code, and also work on figuring out how to streamline or change the CP code based on the types of calculation bottlenecks they see in the most extreme PvP situations.

I know it sucks for smaller groups, bomb-blades, etc. right now, but it's just a few more days and then it's back to normal. Join a zerg, spam some AoE, and just hope it'll help ZOS improve the game, I say!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    (using nouns as verbs is hawt)

Using pronouns as proverbs even more so
    Edited by Jitterbug on March 3, 2017 7:55AM
  • MoreDino
    MoreDino
    ✭✭✭
    Is this the topic where we pretend all 3 factions weren't already stacking 100+ people at keeps prior to this week? Cool.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Depends on grpsize from my experience.

Duo Trio is absolutely horrible (unless your enemies are terrible or you fight even numbers).
    Every player added on top makes it easier.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

EDIT: whoops forgot the siege this week. Its just so lol. YOU GET A 15K TREB AND YOU GET A 15K TREB AND YOU GET A 15K TREB AND YOU GET A 15K TREB AND YOU GET A 15K TREB!!!!

Well I would have to agree to a point. The quality of PVP has become quantity although last night at Ash my little 12 man wiped a DC raid. I'm not a fan of this weeks adventures, but when in Rome, right. It will be over soon and everyone can go back to deciding how best to zerg with lower numbers.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nest test ZoS does, I'm stocking up on my Coldifre.
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lets test where if you crouch over a deadbody you instantly explode dealing 1 million damage to you and everyone in your group
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • holosoul
    holosoul
    ✭✭✭✭
    zuto40 wrote: »

lets test where if you crouch over a deadbody you instantly explode dealing 1 million damage to you and everyone in your group

it's all fun and games until you have to sneak through a keep full of dead bodies
  • souravami
    souravami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awww poor gankblades cannot one shot anyone without CP and getting noobfiltered in a fair fight. Please give them back their 600 cps and some extra so that they can kill a group of CP 50 and call it 1vX.
    PC NA
    vMOL. vAA HM. vHRC HM. vSO HM. vMA on every single class.
    "A game should be fun to play. Balance always comes second."
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    holosoul wrote: »
    zuto40 wrote: »

it's all fun and games until you have to sneak through a keep full of dead bodies

its still fun for anyone watching
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g