Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

@zos for the next test can you just shut the servers off for a week?

• Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing on my potato PC all week, the only real problems being an occasional hang up on a loading screen between keeps.

My latency has been rock solid 99% of the time ( a couple brief moments last night where ping spiked)
    My frames have been consistent

No slide shows

And it's been amazingly fun

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The kind of pvp you get with no cp is terrible. Its either build for even more ult bombing or just zerg worse than when there is cp ..

There is even far less build diversity, so many sets in this game and now even less are being used.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • Esgameplaya1
    Esgameplaya1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Title pretty much says it all. This test has been so much worse than the way the game was that zos probably would be better off taking the servers down for a week and doing a massive maintenance/code overhaul to try and fix the lag.
    jjR2qQ8.gif

LOLZ; but what would you do sneaky if they took the servers offline for a week?

Edited by Esgameplaya1 on March 3, 2017 4:20PM
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zuto40 wrote: »
    holosoul wrote: »
    zuto40 wrote: »
    silky_soft wrote: »
    Remove aoe caps next week.

Hell yes! Let's "test" those. :^)

And "test" restricting group sizes to 10.

And "test" removing healing springs from the game. lolol

lets test where if you crouch over a deadbody you instantly explode dealing 1 million damage to you and everyone in your group

it's all fun and games until you have to sneak through a keep full of dead bodies

its still fun for anyone watching

:joy: I'd open a zone chat autoinvite and "sneak" around all evening!
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Fyaal
    Fyaal
    ✭✭✭
    This idea is equally as valid as no CP double AP.

Maybe better, since anyone that has played since launch knew CP wasnt causing lag.
    Fyaal - EP Stam DK Grand Overlord
    Invictus
    Nexus Haxus
    Hijinx
    IR
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    Why is it worse in your opinion? The skill cap is absolutely higher, trade offs in builds are actually important. There's no more unkillable super tanks. I could go on, but I'm more curious as to what has so drastically ruined it for you. Bombing still works fine.

sorta like when there were caps? #bringbacksoftcaps
  • No_True_Scotsman
    No_True_Scotsman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jitterbug wrote: »
    (using nouns as verbs is hawt)

Using pronouns as proverbs even more so

757.jpg
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Title pretty much says it all. This test has been so much worse than the way the game was that zos probably would be better off taking the servers down for a week and doing a massive maintenance/code overhaul to try and fix the lag.

The problem with the game is the foundation, and the servers. That's why they are spitballing way to reduce lag.
    They have no idea what they are doing.

The no-cp event has resulted in less lag because there are groups that are running around avoiding conflict flipping resources. They are gaining AP at an insane rate.

Every time I've seen Haxus lately they have been zerging. Your NB Emp a few weeks was an example of an entire faction turtling in a keep.

• Fruitdog
    Fruitdog
    ✭✭✭✭
    @asneakybanana this is what you get for supporting the false god of o-tick
  • SnubbS
    SnubbS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's test the ability to get ticks at Ash gate, Chalman gate & Alessia Bridge.
    souravami wrote: »
    Awww poor gankblades cannot one shot anyone without CP and getting noobfiltered in a fair fight. Please give them back their 600 cps and some extra so that they can kill a group of CP 50 and call it 1vX.

I don't know what world you're living in, but ganking is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy -- get the picture yet? -- yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy easier without cp.
    Edited by SnubbS on March 4, 2017 5:23AM
    Xbox NA: SnubbS
    GoW eSports player & part time ESO Pug Ball Zerger.
    GB
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SnubbS wrote: »
    Let's test the ability to get ticks at Ash gate, Chalman gate & Alessia Bridge.
    Awww poor gankblades cannot one shot anyone without CP and getting noobfiltered in a fair fight. Please give them back their 600 cps and some extra so that they can kill a group of CP 50 and call it 1vX.

I don't know what world you're living in, but ganking is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy -- get the picture yet? -- yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy easier without cp.
    My experience has been the exact opposite. Maybe it's a console thing w/ console players never having played before the CP system.
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only reason they did this event is because they are a public company and need get their numbers up before a shareholder meeting.
    Edited by AbraXuSeXile on March 4, 2017 1:35PM
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having an absolute blast without cp, the most fun I've had in ESO's pvp in 1.5 years+. For all those interested in pvping without a cp crutch join us on Azura's after the double ap ends. B)

If ZOS won't balance the game, at least we can.
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess ZOS took my advice and will be shutting the servers down for the next week. THANK YOU!!!!
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tonight on Azura there was 100 AD at Ales and about 85 DC defending and about 45-50 EP showed up mid fight and guess what?

Never saw a red ping, server did not lag, fights went great.

To me it's more then just about lag. Fights feel more balanced. If you make mistakes, you die. Siege actually works to kill EOTS pain trains. It feels like the AvAVA the game had back in 2014.

CP in Cyrodiil would be ok if you could only use 200 points, but once you get past 300 you can invest in everything pretty much without penalty. Ezareth warned them on the 1.6 PTS they wouldn't listen. 600 CP allows you to invest 100 points in both cost reduction and regen 16% and 25% respectively with no penalties thus your free to simply stack max resources and damage, and you can still invest in damage CP.

There is very little left of choice despite because of it. It also allows these absolutely broken setups that do not work with no cp.

I'm simply tired of the no trade off infinite sustain, stupid tanky, dodge roll for days, heal for days, never run out of resources cp brings.

I can triple stack shields on cooldown with cp and never drop below 90% magicka while having 43k+ max magic, 3.4k spell damage and 1800+ regen that's just simply broken, the game shouldn't be that way. That kinda stuff is the lamest nonsense in gaming and it always ends up killing games long term. If you really polled the player base you find the majority of them despise it...they still want to keep their CP but they HATE the kinda lame nonsense.

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• BFT88
    BFT88
    ✭✭✭✭

I beg to differ. I hung up my templar and have been rolling on my gankblade all week. 5200-5400+ weapon damage vs. players with no CP = bye felicia.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BFT88 wrote: »

I beg to differ. I hung up my templar and have been rolling on my gankblade all week. 5200-5400+ weapon damage vs. players with no CP = bye felicia.

Same. My burst on my Stamplar has never been so high. They can't kill you if you kill them first. Although if they live, hide back in the zerg kappa.
  • ishilb14_ESO
    ishilb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    Why is it worse in your opinion? The skill cap is absolutely higher, trade offs in builds are actually important. There's no more unkillable super tanks. I could go on, but I'm more curious as to what has so drastically ruined it for you. Bombing still works fine.

You entirely missed the point, he's talking about server/game performance.
    Edited by ishilb14_ESO on March 5, 2017 2:28AM
    Original DC #Bloodthorn2014
    CoFounder - Terror
    Officer - Mega Best Friends
    Officer - Eminent Gaming

• silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey OP they doing your test this weekend haha
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not gambling or paying 45 : lol :
    20% base speed for high ping players.
    Streak moves you faster then speed cap.
    Khajiit has the best damage passive in the game, lol 12%. Insane.
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Doesn't seem like turning off cp works out too well lol. Massive zerging, load screens, server crashing, input lag, nothing changed honestly. You can try to say things improved but they honestly did not.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    silky_soft wrote: »
    Hey OP they doing your test this weekend haha

lolz

Servers just ganked everyone and CC'd the login screen
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No CP pvp feels better. I can understand the need for end game progression so yadda yadda, CP, blah blah bruh bruh. CP is also nice for tweaking of builds for dungeon/trials. But for open world pvp CP up until now has been a big joke. You have all these pro theorycrafter sponsored by Chipotle and Doritios people that can 1v10 without much effort. Any bugs with specific gear sets or skills aside, CP is just the game handing you crazy % boosts that stack and multiply with a bunch of other things to create these sideshow builds.

During this past week, I have seen some of the "famous" names running around my screen, and I didn't see any of them (at least what I witnessed personally) 1v3/4/5/etc too successfully.

• SnubbS
    SnubbS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No CP pvp feels better. I can understand the need for end game progression so yadda yadda, CP, blah blah bruh bruh. CP is also nice for tweaking of builds for dungeon/trials. But for open world pvp CP up until now has been a big joke. You have all these pro theorycrafter sponsored by Chipotle and Doritios people that can 1v10 without much effort. Any bugs with specific gear sets or skills aside, CP is just the game handing you crazy % boosts that stack and multiply with a bunch of other things to create these sideshow builds.

During this past week, I have seen some of the "famous" names running around my screen, and I didn't see any of them (at least what I witnessed personally) 1v3/4/5/etc too successfully.

You can still win 1v2s, 1v3s pretty easily provided you're on a stamclass or magsorc -- but the attitude that you have towards the action of 1vXing is absolutely boring and quite communistic. The game needs to be more than just how many bodies you bring the fight, and it is to a certain extent, even without cp. The game needs to go more in this direction -- it needs more counter-play -- not less.

Side note: If you ever see anyone "Famous" for 1vXing in eso, or famous for being exceptionally skilled in other games (while playing those games yourself) you're almost certainly going to be disappointed. For every 1v8 someone wins, they got zerged down and died 15 times.
    Xbox NA: SnubbS
    GoW eSports player & part time ESO Pug Ball Zerger.
    GB
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You can still win 1v2s, 1v3s pretty easily provided you're on a stamclass or magsorc -- but the attitude that you have towards the action of 1vXing is absolutely boring and quite communistic. The game needs to be more than just how many bodies you bring the fight, and it is to a certain extent, even without cp. The game needs to go more in this direction -- it needs more counter-play -- not less.

Side note: If you ever see anyone "Famous" for 1vXing in eso, or famous for being exceptionally skilled in other games (while playing those games yourself) you're almost certainly going to be disappointed. For every 1v8 someone wins, they got zerged down and died 15 times.

I believe in democracy and capitalism.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had fun with it, I ran with my small groups as I always do, we made no major changes in our game play we did avoid siege a little more than we used to, out side that it was kind of an interesting change for a week, and hopefully zos got some good data and we see improvements to the game.

I hope they do more live testing, since they can't seem to get enough people on pts, maybe if the dev's were a bit more hands on with the players had some events on pts with the devs, I have played mmo's a long time and in every one of them when there was a testing event that involved devs people would show up lots of them, but maybe in this case they wanted more than a few hours of data.

We all kind of know the QA and testing in this game is not very good so I am for anything that might help us all in the long run.

This game was never marketed as solo pvp game, it was always marketed as large scale lots of players on each side, huge siege battles, if you were wanting just solo pvp this is not the game for you, but small scale pvp is coming and I hope you all enjoy it and leave us alone in cyrodiil to fight the big fight as the game was intended to be.
    Edited by kevlarto_ESO on March 5, 2017 12:01PM
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Then instead of speaking against 1vX on the principle that one person shouldn't kill many, you should celebrate and champion 1vXing as a display of skill and practice, barring any exploiters and people carried by their builds.

I for one am pleased at how much harder 1vX is without CP, but I still encourage its practice. So many people are carried by CP and heavy armor in standard PvP that 1vXing has become more a function of what build you're running than how good you are at the game and how well you think on your feet. Without CP, player skill difference is much more apparent.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Then instead of speaking against 1vX on the principle that one person shouldn't kill many, you should celebrate and champion 1vXing as a display of skill and practice, barring any exploiters and people carried by their builds.

I for one am pleased at how much harder 1vX is without CP, but I still encourage its practice. So many people are carried by CP and heavy armor in standard PvP that 1vXing has become more a function of what build you're running than how good you are at the game and how well you think on your feet. Without CP, player skill difference is much more apparent.

I don't have an issue with 1vX. Pure skill is from the individual. CP is simply a function of time. 95% of the PvE content is easy. The more you do it the more CP you get. The gear grind is another function of time. The more you grind you'll finally get the pieces you want. There is no skill in acquiring CP or grinding gear, at least no skill I can think of.

Then you slap all that on top of lingering balance issues and you get these a**[snip] builds running around CP enabled PvP. I've seen some good player names around this past week as I said. And unless their skill deteriorated, without the boosts from the game they weren't nuking two or more end game players. And I also saw many of them succumb to two enemies within a minute or two.

I didn't say one player was zerged down and that's great. I usually break off from large battles and end up in small melee fights on the flanks. The same people nuking others in Wayrest duels weren't nuking anyone that I saw this past week.