The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do you think Double AP PvP Event was a Success?

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! Good Job ZOS
    So last night was day two. Seems like there was one large DC group, one large AD group (<Dead Wait>) and two large EP groups. Requiem fielded 13 players. Seems like DC was defending their Home keeps the entire night while AD was largely untouched. Overall, my group gained more ap tonight than the night before.

Performance wise, and again this might be my own hardware limitations, but i ran into the same issues. things like noxious breath animation wouldnt go off and you couldnt see oils on the ground.

Also: this is an issue, its not widespread thankfully but it really needs to be looked into because most if not everyone in my group has experienced it at least once in the last three weeks. I crit rushed an enemy player and went straight through the ground, hit a long load screen, came out of hte load screen into the sky and then fell to my death. So people reported being teleported to somewhere else on the map entirely. I never really noticed this until the Homestead patch.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No! This was a terrible idea
    Well, in combination with the outpost trading, it did lure the PvErs to Cyrodiil to afk and reach ranks that other people had gained through years of active PvP and gave them the possibility to buy and sell motifs and sets that true PvPers were selling to support their PvPing (buying potions), inflating the value of AP. The PvP ranks are now more meaningless than ever, too. PvP rank used to give some kind of an idea about a player. Now a complete noob will be able to have a nice PvP rank that others worked hard to attain. Just for AFKing at an outpost (and those who are using a macro to do it are even exploiting).

Nor will this actually give reliable data because even when the campaign is full, if most, or even 50% of the population are afking at an outpost, it's not like that is the same as a campaign where the majority is actually PvPing.
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other: The data it gathers will not solve the real issues
    Rickter wrote: »
    I am of the opinion that from a PvP awareness perspective, and PvP incentive perspective, this event is a success. We havent seen population locking in all campaigns in a while. Also the discussion on whether CP is meant for PVP or not is drawing a lot of attention as well. Also, due to the population capping and full servers, we arent seeing emp flipping or bleakers RP on Haderus (NA | PC). I think overall, providing this incentive generated some much needed interest in ESO PvP and i hope the devs gather what they need to make eso pvp even better.

I've said this will not give good data, this is due to those in PVP are a large percentage not PVP players, so they will not be using the normal tactics, skills, or grouped the same.

This is not a like for like comparison
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know that I'd call this week a success so far. I was amazed at how in Haderus PC/NA it was so difficult to find a fight. Admittedly, I didn't stay on until 10:30 EST and logged by 9 EST. It seemed like most people were trying to PvDoor keeps with 10 man groups or flipping resources with a 3-4 man. There was some AD zerg up as well.

It was really difficult to find any fights as a solo player and I just ended up leeching some keep ticks and then calling it a night. Didn't help that my internet kept going in and out.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! Good Job ZOS
    Well, in combination with the outpost trading, it did lure the PvErs to Cyrodiil to afk and reach ranks that other people had gained through years of active PvP and gave them the possibility to buy and sell motifs and sets that true PvPers were selling to support their PvPing (buying potions), inflating the value of AP. The PvP ranks are now more meaningless than ever, too. PvP rank used to give some kind of an idea about a player. Now a complete noob will be able to have a nice PvP rank that others worked hard to attain. Just for AFKing at an outpost (and those who are using a macro to do it are even exploiting).

Nor will this actually give reliable data because even when the campaign is full, if most, or even 50% of the population are afking at an outpost, it's not like that is the same as a campaign where the majority is actually PvPing.

The things you described arent really happening this week nor was it encouraged or promoted by this event. The amount of players that have been in cyrodiil have been a significant deterrent.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    I don't know that I'd call this week a success so far. I was amazed at how in Haderus PC/NA it was so difficult to find a fight. Admittedly, I didn't stay on until 10:30 EST and logged by 9 EST. It seemed like most people were trying to PvDoor keeps with 10 man groups or flipping resources with a 3-4 man. There was some AD zerg up as well.

It was really difficult to find any fights as a solo player and I just ended up leeching some keep ticks and then calling it a night. Didn't help that my internet kept going in and out.

The increased AP for keep takes has changed peoples' habits on Haderus -- there's hardly any defense of anything because it's more AP to go PvDoor. The double AP event has made that worse plus the zergs everywhere. I was solo/duo Monday night and ended up just racking up the killing blows on oils before bailing out of otherwise undefended keeps.
    Rickter wrote: »
    So last night was day two. Seems like there was one large DC group, one large AD group (<Dead Wait>) and two large EP groups. Requiem fielded 13 players. Seems like DC was defending their Home keeps the entire night while AD was largely untouched.

Oh we were touching AD all night. There were at least 3 large AD groups... we were playing tag with one that was 35+ and it wasn't DIG or the emp group.

It might be good for Cyrodiil interest to have a double AP event every blue moon, but the resource/keep take AP really needs to be adjusted for time or group size to get people to spread out more.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! Good Job ZOS
    Dead Wait had a hard on for Roebeck, probably because they knew DC wanted their scroll. DIG was romping around DC home keeps the whole night along with a 10-15 man EP group.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my favorite part was that the insane queues on tf and broken map on haderus finally let many ad to AS EU, completely changing the gameplay there... until the lag happened. but tbh, I was even fine with some lag if it allowed me to experience "normal" pvp again.

usually it's okay solo pvp but with waaay too much riding because yellow has no keeps or "zerg or get zerged" at borders (if you don't ruin that 1v1 by adding, more and more enemies will show up and zerg you down together).
    in groups it's "take something up north, either wipe too quickly to be happy with it or live longer, farm and lose every single keep in the progress (outside of the ~2h window in the evening when there are multiple groups)

I almost forgot how nice a balanced (all locked) map feels ;( was really refreshing to experience it again

@bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NBrookus , I felt like a chump because I ended up running a bunch of oils or coldfire just to rack up AP. I know at Fare EP tried to front door with 20ish people and I made nearly 30k AP with a coldfire ballista and the tick. But then again, I don't come to Cyrodiil to run siege.

All in all the PvP was a lot better last week.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! Good Job ZOS
    Overall it probably provided ZOS with important data so yes.

I wish they would implement their changes to AP ticks from Keeps/Resources/etc before the event though.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! Good Job ZOS
    not gonna lie, seems like participation has dropped down on haderus as of day 3. maybe it was raid night for everyone. there was one big DC blob and at least two EP and two AD.

Im not sure what the deal was with the large 12+ EP group farming DC home keeps for 2 hours. back and forth between rayles and warden when yellow had the entire map, emperorship, and EP only had 3 home keeps.

seriously what was Red doing out there when yellow had the whole map.

why was AD ignoring aleswell completely? they capped glademist, and chalman, and completely left Ales. is there some kind of back end politics going on?
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes! Good Job ZOS
    I would like to see bonus AP for holiday events. Why should only the PVE crowd get the benefits.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! Good Job ZOS
    Sheuib wrote: »
    I would like to see bonus AP for holiday events. Why should only the PVE crowd get the benefits.

oh come on you know you loved those mudballs
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was it a success?

That is a loaded question. It was successful in gathering data. This was the point of the test. Could take weeks to understand the data and more weeks to make changes.

I not noticed very little difference in performance. I still got kicked after or during large keep battles (xbox NA).

The difference that I noticed was the severe performance issues when there were 3 factions in one area in large numbers.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • mtwiggz
    mtwiggz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! Good Job ZOS
    Get home from work around 11pm EST. Typically none of the campaigns are poplocked other than TF NA PC, which usually shows poplocked but there isn't a queue, sans Friday nights.

This past week every night when I get home every campaign is poplocked. TF has nearly a 200 man queue on every faction. I would say it's a success as they have managed to get more of the player base into PvP. Hopefully it's also a success with the data they collect. Which is how you would actually deem this event. The entire purpose of the event was to get as many people in Cyrodiil as possible fighting to "stress test" the server.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't say 'terrible' but poll is poll. My first active week without pvp.
  • Darth_Apache
    Darth_Apache
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! Good Job ZOS
    I normally stay away from PvP.
    Partly because I just hit 160CP and I am still getting my gear together and I have always been beaten down...BRUTALLY.

I say yes as this has gotten me into PvP.

Initially I was only going in to unlock Vigor and Caltrops for my Stamblade in PvE.

Once i jumped into a smaller group; learned the mechanics and strategies of PvP I was instantly hooked.
    I was noticing how much damage I was doing as well as had a ton of fun with the big keep raids.

My final verdict...

I finally understand.

[EDIT] I wanted to clarify my reasoning for my survey answer; The Double AP was a success in my eyes because it brought someone who didn't want anything to do with PvP INTO PvP and has converted me into desiring a PvP build.
    Edited by Darth_Apache on March 2, 2017 6:14PM
    "Darth Apache XB1, NA, AD, StamBlade, DW/Bow"
    Insurrection - The Eye - The Nightshade Consortium
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! Good Job ZOS
    The goal was to drive people into PvP. Based on that goal, it was a resounding success.
  • Orbital
    Orbital
    ✭✭✭
    what are they testing with half the server stands afk in bleakers for free ap its bs
    Axphykz.
    Tank
    Proud Member Of Vitality
    Spotless Triumph
    Tick Tock Tormentor
    XB1 EU
    PC EU
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes! Good Job ZOS
    The fact that you're calling it a "double ap event" instead of the cp disabled server stress test that it is indicates that ZOS has been successful in impacting the community's perception of this week.

The swarms of people pvping who have never stepped foot in Cyrodiil before indicate that ZOS has been successful in attracting people to pvp in great numbers.

The massive siege battles indicate that ZOS has acquired the massive aoe and siege battles that they wanted from which to draw data.

Yea, I'd say this week had been successful at achieving ZOS' goals, and we haven't even hit the weekend yet.
    Let that sink in for a second. Lol
    Edited by NightbladeMechanics on March 3, 2017 2:06PM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Magic_Longsword
    Yes! Good Job ZOS
    Orbital wrote: »
    what are they testing with half the server stands afk in bleakers for free ap its bs

Oh dear me, I feel so ashamed. I'll wipe away my tears with pages of Akaviri Motifs.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes! Good Job ZOS
    Yes very successful. ZOS now knows what, if any, direct and/or indirect impact CP has on server performance.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    That queue has been murdering our raids. Big fail imho. Double ap lured too many pve'rs.
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes! Good Job ZOS
    iseko wrote: »
    That queue has been murdering our raids. Big fail imho. Double ap lured too many pve'rs.

Your raids are not ZOS' goal with this test and are irrelevant to judging its success.

Take your raids to another campaign if the queue in your usual campaign is too long.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Nightblade Discussion:

Dragonknight Discussion:

Sorcerer Discussion:

Templar Discussion:

Warden Discussion:

TONKS!

Werewolf Discussion:

Vampire Discussion:
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭

Your raids are not ZOS' goal with this test and are irrelevant to judging its success.

Take your raids to another campaign if the queue in your usual campaign is too long.

1) Every campaigb on eu has a minimum of 80 queue.
    2) the point was to pvp as you usually do. Cant do that if only five people at a time can get in...

Edit: before I get flamed. The plural "raids" was aimed at 1 raid each night several nights in a row. Not multiple raids each night.
    Edited by iseko on March 3, 2017 5:29PM
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2) the point was to pvp as you usually do. Cant do that if only five people at a time can get in...

Edit: before I get flamed. The plural "raids" was aimed at 1 raid each night several nights in a row. Not multiple raids each night.

If every campaign is that packed, that's a good thing. Lots of people playing. No CP has been fun, but I'm not sure it's fixed anything. Hard to say from the user side.
    If they got useful data to improve Cyrodiil, I'm fine with temporary inconvenience.
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »

If every campaign is that packed, that's a good thing. Lots of people playing. No CP has been fun, but I'm not sure it's fixed anything. Hard to say from the user side.
    If they got useful data to improve Cyrodiil, I'm fine with temporary inconvenience.

I would be too. But if you switch off cp and have a different population make up then usual. Then you really can't conclude all that much from the experiment. Change one variable at a time and keep everything else the same as much as possible.

Pve'rs are easy to recognize in cyro. They die when you sneeze in their direction.
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes! Good Job ZOS

In that case, it sounds like you need another campaign to have been opened for the week. Or for someone to go kill the Haderus Bleaker's flippers.. lol
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend

Apex Predator.

Nightblade Discussion:

Dragonknight Discussion:

Sorcerer Discussion:

Templar Discussion:

Warden Discussion:

TONKS!

Werewolf Discussion:

Vampire Discussion:
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whether its a success or not is up to ZOS not the players, as they are doing the testing on the lag, for which this test was for, not for anything else.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! Good Job ZOS
    Whether its a success or not is up to ZOS not the players, as they are doing the testing on the lag, for which this test was for, not for anything else.

#partyfoul
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE: