Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you think Double AP PvP Event was a Success?

Rickter
Rickter
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I am of the opinion that from a PvP awareness perspective, and PvP incentive perspective, this event is a success. We havent seen population locking in all campaigns in a while. Also the discussion on whether CP is meant for PVP or not is drawing a lot of attention as well. Also, due to the population capping and full servers, we arent seeing emp flipping or bleakers RP on Haderus (NA | PC). I think overall, providing this incentive generated some much needed interest in ESO PvP and i hope the devs gather what they need to make eso pvp even better.
Edited by Rickter on February 28, 2017 1:31PM
RickterESO
PC | NA | DC
YouTube
Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
PvE:
vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

Do you think Double AP PvP Event was a Success? 249 votes

Yes! Good Job ZOS
54%
IcyDeadPeopleGrunimAlomarNyteshadeSolarikenJabberkevlarto_ESOOrontosYolokin_Swagonbornbigscoothb14_ESOTelelVurian97ssewallb14_ESOpjwb16_ESOPhilhypeTaonnorAshTalBleakravendanno8Savina 136 votes
No! This was a terrible idea
29%
ItsMeTooTakutoDschiPeuntEtanielIzanagi.Xiiib16_ESOElara_NorthwindJitterbugMadrrMasterfireAvaglaorIxSTALKERxIRakshatAldruinEIGHTSvanzanShunraviBlobskysollDemonNinjaFrozenAnimal 73 votes
Other: The data it gathers will not solve the real issues
16%
KikazaruXeniphKasThrabenIruil_ESOTureluscbaudersub17_ESOeory-s_reb17_ESOZhegMagnusRexUntrustedExistenzfalcasternub18_ESORajajshkaAgentRedprootchSirMontyIICherryblossompieratsosDisgracefulMindMojomonkeyman 40 votes
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! Good Job ZOS
    *edit*
    Edited by Rickter on February 28, 2017 1:31PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Based on the first day of double AP I would say...

This poll is about 6 days too early.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give it a chance, how can we comment after 1 day?
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! Good Job ZOS
    So then why are movies praised or canned based off of opening weekend box office sales?

RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The small 1v1, 2v1v 2v2, etc. fights I got into are a lot more fun without CP being involved. It's just gear, skills, and player skill which is fun.

The zerging though, holy hell. Not that there isn't plenty of zerging normally, but some of the zergs I saw were just over the top. ZOS is definitely getting some good data.

And with those giant zergs, VERY minimal lag from what I experienced. I'd be surprised if CP in PvP lasted the Spring.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! Good Job ZOS
    I noticed lag, but i attributed that to my own client side hardware. i wouldve been at 9-15fps from what i saw at bleakers but i hovered in between 20-35 and i was amazed for my little gtx 760
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been active for a day. It's far too soon to be speaking of it in past tense, asking if it "was" a success. I can't give any personal feedback from the first night because the Trueflame queue was so long I played Azura's instead. Zone a.d guild chatter indicates that many pve carebears are using the double AP event to level up for Vigor and Warhorn/Barrier. This means that even the lower pop campaigns should be pretty busy for the week, and Zeni will get the cumulative data they are looking for.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    So then why are movies praised or canned based off of opening weekend box office sales?

This isn't a movie?
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! Good Job ZOS
    DannyLV702 wrote: »

This isn't a movie?

look man, the point was (and im sure you got it) that the first day kind of set the tone. Even if you spent 2 hours in pvp you would still formulate an opinion about how you think things are going and will go. what? you think by wednesday this will all be fizzled out? no. people are here to cash in. servers were pop locked, the groups you saw were as big as they were going to get over the course of this week.

I dont understand the "its too soon to tell" mentality. what are are waiting for? whats cant you tell yet by looking at the game?
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Dr_Rektar
    Dr_Rektar
    ✭✭✭
    I can't log in on my toon that stuck in haderus now
    Engine guardian - best set ever
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! Good Job ZOS
    Dr_Rektar wrote: »

thats the best server to be on!!
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Dr_Rektar
    Dr_Rektar
    ✭✭✭
    Dr_Rektar wrote: »

thats the best server to be on!!

But everyone is leaching ap on flag there i guess so GG
    Engine guardian - best set ever
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

look man, the point was (and im sure you got it) that the first day kind of set the tone. Even if you spent 2 hours in pvp you would still formulate an opinion about how you think things are going and will go.

See, I don't think I agree with you there. The first day was largely characterized by PvDoor and ring-around-the-resource because of the insane AP gains, but I think people will get bored of that in a day or two--heck, by the end of primetime the gratuitious resource flip-and-dip zergs were already reverting back to more sensible play.

So I'm willing to give it a few days to let people work the "HOLY GUACAMOLE 3K AP TO FLIP A RESOURCE" and get back to PvPing more normally--and that's when I'll formulate an opinion about the event.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! Good Job ZOS
    So I'm willing to give it a few days to let people work the "HOLY GUACAMOLE 3K AP TO FLIP A RESOURCE" and get back to PvPing more normally--and that's when I'll formulate an opinion about the event.

again, people are looking at this event to cash in. what is "pvping normally" for you? Do you really think players will say "welp guys, ive had enough of this insane AP gouging, lets just start pvping normally"?

I think the servers are going to be pop locked for the entire week. my personal goal is 5 million ap.

RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This isn't a movie?

look man, the point was (and im sure you got it) that the first day kind of set the tone. Even if you spent 2 hours in pvp you would still formulate an opinion about how you think things are going and will go. what? you think by wednesday this will all be fizzled out? no. people are here to cash in. servers were pop locked, the groups you saw were as big as they were going to get over the course of this week.

I dont understand the "its too soon to tell" mentality. what are are waiting for? whats cant you tell yet by looking at the game?

They're COLLECTING information. You don't get that much information in less than 24 hours. They didn't do this "to see if CPs cause lag". They're collecting information and need a big enough sample
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! Good Job ZOS

This isn't a movie?

They're COLLECTING information. You don't get that much information in less than 24 hours. They didn't do this "to see if CPs cause lag". They're collecting information and need a big enough sample

right, and how are they gathering this info? through player participation. which is the best its been since the IC update.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

again, people are looking at this event to cash in. what is "pvping normally" for you? Do you really think players will say "welp guys, ive had enough of this insane AP gouging, lets just start pvping normally"?

I think the servers are going to be pop locked for the entire week. my personal goal is 5 million ap.

If that's what happens, sure I'll judge the event on that--but I'm not going to assume that's what's going to happen.

So I guess to answer your question: if yesterday characterizes the rest of the week, it is a terrible PvP event and a great AP boosting event.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! Good Job ZOS

If that's what happens, sure I'll judge the event on that--but I'm not going to assume that's what's going to happen.

So I guess to answer your question: if yesterday characterizes the rest of the week, it is a terrible PvP event and a great AP boosting event.

so you think the epic fights at bleakers, bruma and all the northern keeps is "terrible pvp"? its almost literally what pvp should be
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

so you think the epic fights at bleakers, bruma and all the northern keeps is "terrible pvp"? its almost literally what pvp should be

This is just my personal experience, but I did not run into those epic fights. I wish I had! I was on PC NA Had, and 3/4 of the day was people actively ignoring defenses and enemy groups in favor of PvDooring--by the end of the night I had a few good fights, but overall it was a pretty noninteractive day.

....I think we may actually be in agreement but just had very different days lol.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's still too early to tell.

After the first day though, saw a lot of different kinds of action and fights, didn't notice the lag, earned a lot of AP.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! Good Job ZOS

This is just my personal experience, but I did not run into those epic fights. I wish I had! I was on PC NA Had, and 3/4 of the day was people actively ignoring defenses and enemy groups in favor of PvDooring--by the end of the night I had a few good fights, but overall it was a pretty noninteractive day.

....I think we may actually be in agreement but just had very different days lol.

I was on from 6:40pm EST to 10:30PM EST and it was pretty crazy the whole night.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• NedicWildling
    NedicWildling
    ✭✭✭

Probably has to do with the fact you can watch what a movie encompasses and what the idea of it is and THEN review it, this poll is the equivalent of pausing Batman Vs Superman 5 minutes in and calling it the greatest movie of all time. I know the idea of the poll sounded great in the middle of your dumperino but let's hold off on it for couple more days.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I was on from 6:40pm EST to 10:30PM EST and it was pretty crazy the whole night.

I was on a bit earlier--really from when maintainence ended until 8:30 EST or so. Usually the mornings on Haderus are small scale fights, but yesterday was 90 percent just people flipping and dipping from resources and keeps for the Oticks--that's really what I was referring too as "not normal"--and yeah the last few hours were getting pretty good in terms of actual fights!
  • jeremiah911
    jeremiah911
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! Good Job ZOS
    If people choose to cheese AP gains then that's on them. For the people who actually PvP, after day one, it was nice to see such huge PvP populations on all campaigns. Fights were to be had everywhere. Zergs were in full effect, which I don't care for, but at least siege can counter that play style.
  • HammerWTEK
    HammerWTEK
    ✭✭
    Yes! Good Job ZOS
    We had fun last night and it gets new people excited to try it out in a way that might convince them to stick with it. Pvp can be intimidating or just plain frustrating in the beginning and last night so much was happening it was easy to go to a fun fight.
    We know...
  • soll
    soll
    ✭✭✭
    how even possible idea of getting 12k Ap per outpost could be good... I mean in people are exploiting it so hardcore
    EU PC
    I like to heal
    Triggered Tryhards/ HighRisk
    EP – Sollencia
    AD – Sollencia Overdose
    When you've invested time and money into a company, you have the right to be upset over changes that will negatively affect your experience and gameplay.

• Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because that is when movies make most of their money. They tend to die down after their first weekend which is exactly what needs to not happen for this to be considered a success.
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes! Good Job ZOS
    I was really concerned by it being a 600 cp player who still sucks at PvP but removing CP and doing double AP has meant that a lot of new people are playing (finally people I can beat) and it seems to have removed a lot of the uber powerful who have probably min maxed with CP are not lacking something. Me who clearly spent my CP badly seem to be doing much better.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double ap = double ping but half fps.

PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! Good Job ZOS
    If they don't get enough data this week to come up with some fixes then all hope is truly lost.

I have noticed better performance, still some lag when there are huge three way fights but nothing like it was last week.