The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

People who Say VMA shouldnt be nerfed

• GawdSB
    GawdSB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While we'r nerfing VMA could ZOS please change the whole stage 7 thing where the final boss starts his move before being enraged then you kill the mage and he one shots you? Kthnx
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    GawdSB wrote: »
    While we'r nerfing VMA could ZOS please change the whole stage 7 thing where the final boss starts his move before being enraged then you kill the mage and he one shots you? Kthnx

So much this.
    And poisonous plant spawning under blue protective bubble.

Whole vMA is easy once you learn and remember everything needed. Except Stage 7, because even experience can't beat RNG.
  • myven
    myven
    ✭✭
    I love vMA and its difficult to complete. I am at stage 5 at the moment and I am working on to better my gear before going back, but I am going to complete it. I don't care about having the best weapon for my sorc but I do want the title "Stormproof" because it's awesome and it's rare. If Zos were to nerd the trial this wouldn't be the case anymore and I wouldn't care about it. Ofc it would be really nice to have Maelstrom Sharpened staff but it's not required to play all the content I like to play. Do not nerf it, would ruin my progression and my goal to finally complete it. I think even they should add more of these kinda trials for end game which can be done solo, maybe for Jewelry or something. Would be great. Give me something work on, reason for me to get better at my class and have fun. It's not for everyone, but end game isn't for everyone, not in any MMO I've played. But there is plenty of cool things to do for everyone in this game, so don't be sad you don't complete this trial, you are not alone.
  • Rataroto
    Rataroto
    ✭✭✭✭
    Horowonnoe wrote: »
    I will never understand your viewpoint. I was able to do the first two stages through a bit of struggle but the third stage is absolutely unreal, definitely needs a nerf. It is unbelievably difficult. Died like 30 times and I couldnt even beat the first round. I dont understand how it is even possible, I am dying from the most random things. the first two were fun difficult, i died several times but enjoyed my time. the 3rd stage is just unreal, 100% needs a nerf.

Absolutely not!
    The first time is always the hardest. Just keep at it and you will win.
    If you want to know how it is possible to beat vma, there are TONS of videos and lots of guides out there that do a great job of explaining it. A good guide here where the author explains every arena step by step, even more than necessary. Give it a shot. Look at the in depth guide.

Horrow, oh Horrow, petting the pugs eh? just so they join your army >.> , tsc tsc tsc.

Anyway, it really is harder at first man, but in time you'll get there. vMA is a good place to L2P, trully, teaches self awareness, quick combat, learning and executing mechanics by yourself (in the middle of a clusterF***). Just remember this: Either vMA grows on you and you grow on it, or you're done. You don't quit vMA, vMA quits you :P
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rataroto wrote: »
    Horowonnoe wrote: »
    I will never understand your viewpoint. I was able to do the first two stages through a bit of struggle but the third stage is absolutely unreal, definitely needs a nerf. It is unbelievably difficult. Died like 30 times and I couldnt even beat the first round. I dont understand how it is even possible, I am dying from the most random things. the first two were fun difficult, i died several times but enjoyed my time. the 3rd stage is just unreal, 100% needs a nerf.

Absolutely not!
    The first time is always the hardest. Just keep at it and you will win.
    If you want to know how it is possible to beat vma, there are TONS of videos and lots of guides out there that do a great job of explaining it. A good guide here where the author explains every arena step by step, even more than necessary. Give it a shot. Look at the in depth guide.

Horrow, oh Horrow, petting the pugs eh? just so they join your army >.> , tsc tsc tsc.

Anyway, it really is harder at first man, but in time you'll get there. vMA is a good place to L2P, trully, teaches self awareness, quick combat, learning and executing mechanics by yourself (in the middle of a clusterF***). Just remember this: Either vMA grows on you and you grow on it, or you're done. You don't quit vMA, vMA quits you :P

Lol Rat, you are my pug.
    PC / NA
    Templar Healer "False Eye"
    Sorc Healer "Potema the Wolf Queen"
    Warden Healer "Heavy Attacks Online"
    Magicka Nightblade DPS "Nephaleth Telvanni"
    Dragonknight Tank "Nico's Facsimile"

Builds & Guides:
    Horow's Templar Healer Guide for Trials (Murkmire updated)
    How to get Felms to jump correctly in vAS HM?
    Horow's vMA Magicka Sorc Build for beginners and lazy farmers
    Horow's Magicka Sorc Triple Pet Heavy Attack Build - Summerset Isles Ready
    More builds at anthem-guild.com/pve/.

Notable Achievements:
    - World's first 18 Axes vAA clear
    - World's first 20+ enrage stack Llothis in vAS HM and World record cone damage
  • xblackroxe
    xblackroxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »
    VMA difficulty needs to be addressed.

And here is why:

1. Easy mode - does not drop VMA weapons and drops mostly VR150 gear.
    2. Hard mode - is very very hard for some players, even experienced ones - and very easy for the other players that has the right class and the right build for it and of course some skill.
    3. It creates a big gap in PVP - strong players are getting even stronger with VMA weapons while average players remain weak.

In short - VMA brings an unfair advantage to the players that are already strong (pvp wise - as the weapons are not best in slot for pve).

Hate to break it to you but if you cant beat vma then you weren't even an okay pvper to begin with.
    And if you honestly think that you are suddenly are goona be good just because you now can run the exact same setup just with 189 spelldamage more then there is nothing anybody can do to help you.
    Member of HODOR

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xblackroxe wrote: »

And here is why:

2. Hard mode - is very very hard for some players, even experienced ones - and very easy for the other players that has the right class and the right build for it and of course some skill.
    3. It creates a big gap in PVP - strong players are getting even stronger with VMA weapons while average players remain weak.

In short - VMA brings an unfair advantage to the players that are already strong (pvp wise - as the weapons are not best in slot for pve).

Hate to break it to you but if you cant beat vma then you weren't even an okay pvper to begin with.
    And if you honestly think that you are suddenly are goona be good just because you now can run the exact same setup just with 189 spelldamage more then there is nothing anybody can do to help you.

QFT
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Therwind
    Therwind
    ✭✭✭

And here is why:

I clear VMA at my convince, but Iam god awful at PVP. PVP is not even close to the same type of gameplay.
  • xblackroxe
    xblackroxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Therwind wrote: »

And here is why:

I clear VMA at my convince, but Iam god awful at PVP. PVP is not even close to the same type of gameplay.

Did I say if you can clear vma you are a good pvper or did i say if you can't clear vma then you cant be a good pvper?

Small tipp its #2 and that doesn't imply #1.

And thats totally the case. If you can't even keep yourself alive while doing damage in a controlled environment then you surely wont be able to do that in pvp either.

Member of HODOR

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • Therwind
    Therwind
    ✭✭✭

And here is why:

Did I say if you can clear vma you are a good pvper or did i say if you can't clear vma then you cant be a good pvper?

And thats totally the case. If you can't even keep yourself alive while doing damage in a controlled environment then you surely wont be able to do that in pvp either.

Wut?
  • xblackroxe
    xblackroxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And here is why:

Wut?

Cant you read?
    Bad vma -> bad pvp
    NOT good vma -> good pvp
    There is a difference

Member of HODOR

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • Therwind
    Therwind
    ✭✭✭

And here is why:

Wut?

Cant you read?
    Bad vma -> bad pvp
    NOT good vma -> good pvp
    There is a difference

Lol ok bub
  • xblackroxe
    xblackroxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And here is why:

Wut?

Cant you read?
    Bad vma -> bad pvp
    NOT good vma -> good pvp
    There is a difference

Lol ok bub

Ahh getting personal. Its hard to admit being wrong right?

Member of HODOR

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • Therwind
    Therwind
    ✭✭✭
    How am I wrong? You keep comparing VMA to PVP, which you shouldn't be.
  • xblackroxe
    xblackroxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How am I wrong? You keep comparing VMA to PVP, which you shouldn't be.
    Why not?
    You have to survive on your own while killing stuff without help of other people. So basics are the same. VMA is just controlled, meaning you will know what happens when.
    Ofc there are big differences but if cant deal with a controlled environment where you have to sustain survive and deal damage all by yourself how could you do the same thing in cyro where you can be ambushed any time have to deal with different people that all have unique ways to play?

Thats all I was trying to say. And the main point of my first post was that vma weapons won't suddenly make you kill people if you couldn't do that before already. AKA no must have.

Member of HODOR

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • BloodMagicLord
    BloodMagicLord
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I first started vma I thought it was impossible. Must've died about 200 times on the final boss alone.
    "How can anyone possibly clear this with no deaths?" Was pretty much my thoughts.
    Like others have said, once you learn the mechanics, spawns and abilities of each enemy, it starts to become much easier. I don't have flawless yet, but only 9 deaths last time so I think i'm getting close.

Don't be afraid to use sigils. Defensive and healing sigils especially are amazing to get through hard parts. Unless you're going for leaderboards, there is no reason not to use them.
    PC EU | Tank | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart
    STOP CLASS HOMOGENISATION
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Mealstrom is about half as difficult as it was at the beginning. It does not need more nerfing.

I am working on guides aimed at people with 300 CP and gear that is all craftable. I will start adding Builds for each setup stamina/magicka on my website :)
    http://alcasthq.com/
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• MokiDono
    MokiDono
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry guys... they gonna introduce the token system, and this game will be the best MMO of the decade... and all the vma salt will dissolve into happiness.
    "Your courage... your power... are not completely insignificant. Perhaps you can be made to serve. Do not fight. Do not resist. Give yourselves over now, or be destroyed."
  • Akeran
    Akeran
    Soul Shriven
    Did Vma already get nerfed and did I hear that the vma staves are getting nerfed too? Is this correct? Freakin ridiculous.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Akeran wrote: »
    Did Vma already get nerfed and did I hear that the vma staves are getting nerfed too? Is this correct? Freakin ridiculous.

vMA got nerfed shortly after release and gets indirectly nerfed every time they raise the CP cap. I haven't heard anything about vMA staves being nerfed, but apparently they're not working properly at the moment.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• NinthPrince64
    NinthPrince64
    ✭✭✭
    Just a couple observations. First, the learning curve on VMA is uniquely intense. I think sometimes people who haven't completed it get frustrated when they hear people who have say it's easy. It isn't/wasn't easy for anyone their first time(s) through.

Second, to the extent completing VMA is an achievement and to the extent people who achieve more in a particular context are typically considered "better" than others in that context, I think some who have not (yet) completed it are frustrated because they consider themselves to be just as good as others who have completed. Completing VMA requires three things: 1) being competent (not necessarily great) at playing your build, 2) a willingness to learn, and most of all 3) persistence. To many people the last requirement (maybe the last two) is not indicative of being good at a game. For them, being able to play their build well is really what being good at a game is all about.

So, I guess my point is that this really isn't about BiS weapons being "locked behind" some unassailable VMA barrier. I suspect most folks realize you don't really need the weapons you get to complete the vast majority of content in the game. It's more that to get the weapons, and therefor be considered a good player, requires something they don't believe is really related to being a good player.
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can run vma in Nmg/hundings/leviathan/hulking/spriggans/tbs/julianos/spellweave with willpower/agility/endurance jewelry and use skoria/grothdar/veli/kragh and still beat the dungeon fine. You just need to put in overtime to learn mechanics, after that you'll just end up dying a handful of times. The best weapons and sets must have some form of high dfficulty..than the RNG comes to ruin the day lol...Seriously gear is not the problem, you can get by with crafted gear and farm a second type in a dungeon. Put in the work and the results will show.
    The Flyers
  • Akeran
    Akeran
    Soul Shriven
    Danksta wrote: »

vMA got nerfed shortly after release and gets indirectly nerfed every time they raise the CP cap. I haven't heard anything about vMA staves being nerfed, but apparently they're not working properly at the moment.

Aaah I thought they had fixed the vMA staff enchant issue. I saw it on one of
    The fix list from last update. So still broken I guess..?
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »

Aaah I thought they had fixed the vMA staff enchant issue. I saw it on one of
    The fix list from last update. So still broken I guess..?

The bug is that the enchantments don't stack so it's not useful to run more than one vMA staff in a group. That's my understanding of it.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭

VMA is crap. With an incredible amount of time wasted on repetition, it is eventually doable. Muscle memory and quick fingers. Do it again and again and again ad nauseam, ad mortem until muscle memory makes it possible. I know a lot of people actually enjoy it, and a lot more tolerate it because they have to have that weapon, which will drop someday, really it will...Maybe.

Any stage can be a real bugger when lag in a solo instance (NO EXCUSE for that) starts making your damage taken only tangentially related to where your screen is telling you your character is. I love getting one shot by the two-hander in stage 3 when I am on the far side of a different island from the enemy, which is a far away as one can get without standing in the stupid, and 4 or 5 times the range that the weapon is supposed to have.
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha at people asking for a nerf...
    Youtube has million videos of people doing flawless runs. Get gud.
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • SaRuZ
    SaRuZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have tried a cpl builds and still can't do it. I am not calling for a nerf, just saying how insane it is for me and I am not new to gaming. I tried at 360 with my stamsorc, made it to the Blood Rink, became impossible for me. Tried again at 400, couldn't make it past seht's flywheel boss. Respecced to magsorc and tried as a petsorc build earlier at 450, made it to seht's again, kept dying. Got rid of pets and used a powered overload build, beat sehts and once again, got stuck on frozen rink. I farmed nMA for Winterborn, maybe that made me lazy :neutral:
  • WarpigFunk
    WarpigFunk
    ✭✭✭
    SaRuZ wrote: »
    I have tried a cpl builds and still can't do it. I am not calling for a nerf, just saying how insane it is for me and I am not new to gaming. I tried at 360 with my stamsorc, made it to the Blood Rink, became impossible for me. Tried again at 400, couldn't make it past seht's flywheel boss. Respecced to magsorc and tried as a petsorc build earlier at 450, made it to seht's again, kept dying. Got rid of pets and used a powered overload build, beat sehts and once again, got stuck on frozen rink. I farmed nMA for Winterborn, maybe that made me lazy :neutral:

Your problem is not your build or class - but rather that you keep quitting.
    You have to really commit.
    PS4 [NA]
    Hingle McKringleberry - Altmer MagSorc DD The Flawless Conquerer
    Sek Sual Chocolate - Redguard StamSorc DD Stormproof
    Doktor Feelgood - Breton Templar Healz Boethia's Scythe
    Tiberius Asskickatron - Imperial DK StamTank Mageslayer
    -VERIFIED-
    -FFF-
    vAAHM 100k+, vSOHM 100k+, vHRCHM 100k+, vMoL 78k, vDSA 36k, vMA 535k
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I won't say it needs nerfed

it does need to be changed to a two man arena with mobs and bosses slightly spiked in difficulty.

this is an MMO not a single player game.

I have many VMA completions, some good weapons too. I never enjoyed beating the arena though, even with good scores back in the day.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it does need to be changed to a two man arena with mobs and bosses slightly spiked in difficulty.

this is an MMO not a single player game.

No it doesn't, it's way too small for that - People would be doing 15 minute completes, what would be the point.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)