The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

People who Say VMA shouldnt be nerfed

swaggerific
swaggerific
Soul Shriven
I will never understand your viewpoint. I was able to do the first two stages through a bit of struggle but the third stage is absolutely unreal, definitely needs a nerf. It is unbelievably difficult. Died like 30 times and I couldnt even beat the first round. I dont understand how it is even possible, I am dying from the most random things. the first two were fun difficult, i died several times but enjoyed my time. the 3rd stage is just unreal, 100% needs a nerf.
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will never understand your viewpoint. I was able to do the first two stages through a bit of struggle but the third stage is absolutely unreal, definitely needs a nerf. It is unbelievably difficult. Died like 30 times and I couldnt even beat the first round. I dont understand how it is even possible, I am dying from the most random things. the first two were fun difficult, i died several times but enjoyed my time. the 3rd stage is just unreal, 100% needs a nerf.

Absolutely not!
    The first time is always the hardest. Just keep at it and you will win.
    If you want to know how it is possible to beat vma, there are TONS of videos and lots of guides out there that do a great job of explaining it. A good guide here where the author explains every arena step by step, even more than necessary. Give it a shot. Look at the in depth guide.
    PC / NA
    Templar Healer "False Eye"
    Sorc Healer "Potema the Wolf Queen"
    Warden Healer "Heavy Attacks Online"
    Magicka Nightblade DPS "Nephaleth Telvanni"
    Dragonknight Tank "Nico's Facsimile"

Builds & Guides:
    Horow's Templar Healer Guide for Trials (Murkmire updated)
    How to get Felms to jump correctly in vAS HM?
    Horow's vMA Magicka Sorc Build for beginners and lazy farmers
    Horow's Magicka Sorc Triple Pet Heavy Attack Build - Summerset Isles Ready
    More builds at anthem-guild.com/pve/.

Notable Achievements:
    - World's first 18 Axes vAA clear
    - World's first 20+ enrage stack Llothis in vAS HM and World record cone damage
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It's really not that bad, especially not round 3--keep at it, you'll get it.

The RNG is a real tosser, that needs a nerf, but the content itself is fine.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troll post :) don't walk on water when it is electrified, kill plants as priority, pay attention to your surroundings.

Obviously vma shouldn't get nerfed.

Maybe the other way arround - you can choose weapon, but all mobs get x3 hp and environmental damage x3
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just use my videos/guides like most have done...

It's far from PRO, but it's helped easily over 100-150 people.

I think it's just something you'll have to understand to be honest.

To be fair, we have no idea what class, cp or gear you're running so to offer help without critical information is fruitless.

However, if you wish to offer such information I'm happy to donate a considerable amount of time showing you the ropes.
    Let me know matey.

Luke
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• swaggerific
    swaggerific
    Soul Shriven
    Man Idk what im doing wrong then, like I watched videos like that before. that guy goes more in dept which is nice but I still die super quick. I probs am just not good enough for this content, its really difficult for me, this stage has too much going on. I need to focus thorns while avoiding lighting smites from the gods above, and focus the magicka adds when I can and avoid the poisonous AoE, and probably something else I am not remembering. it is 2 much 4 me. I should try to use those sigils. It sucks they are in the water though, makes it very hard to get.

But I guess I gotta just keep trying and not give up. Its just so difficult to get use to.
  • Carl-lan
    Carl-lan
    ✭✭✭✭
    It took me months to complete VMA. I found levels 3, 5 and 9 the hardest.

I changed my build all the time and often gave up in anger.

When I finally finished it however... I decided to run it again. To my amazement, I got to the final stage in under 2 hours. It felt like the entire thing suddenly nurfed once I completed it.

I've since run it about 5 more times and are getting quicker each time. I don't do VMA that much, and I'm not a hardcore player. I play ESO often, but just for fun.

But I can finish it. If you stick at it, you will get there. It'll be frustrating, but you'll get it.
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Man Idk what im doing wrong then, like I watched videos like that before. that guy goes more in dept which is nice but I still die super quick. I probs am just not good enough for this content, its really difficult for me, this stage has too much going on. I need to focus thorns while avoiding lighting smites from the gods above, and focus the magicka adds when I can and avoid the poisonous AoE, and probably something else I am not remembering. it is 2 much 4 me. I should try to use those sigils. It sucks they are in the water though, makes it very hard to get.

But I guess I gotta just keep trying and not give up. Its just so difficult to get use to.

Thanks.

You're good enough, take this for an example:

@Lukums1, OP here. Well, I was finally able to complete vMSA. I really want to thank you for all your help. You helped a man in his 50s halfway around the world get through something he never thought he could. It was unbelievably hard, but your help made it possible. I'm the end, I went for a slightly different strategy of not taking any sigils in the first part of the fight. Following your strategy in earlier attempts allowed me to learn the upstairs fight, though, which made my ultimate success possible. Thanks again. I am not a big video gamer, but that was the hardest thing I have ever done in a game and it would not have happened without your help.

I show this to people to say YOU ARE good enough, quite frankly everyone is ( the last boss is the only exception where it takes solid practice )

The general rule of thumb for you then:

In this arena when the round starts, hit the healing sigil (begin the rounds)
    When the mini boss's spawn hit the defense sigil.

This will get you past all of the round RNG crap.
    The other thing to note is keep on the move so you don't get hit by lightning a few steps to the left/right is generally enough to dodge the environment effects. Never stand in water if you can help and 1 light + poison injection is generally enough for the plants on the outside of the arena.

The boss round is a little crap, engage the boss get to the point where adds spawn hit the defensive sigil at this time to mitigate all damage.
    After the boss hits roughly 50% hit the healing sigil and finish off the boss while keeping on the move.

This is the absolute best way to do it with the least amount of hassle.
    Never let people tell you you're not good enough to accomplish vMA. You can do it!
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion

• FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I died 100s of times on my first attempt, knowing the mechanics and anticipating stuff is everything. It just got nerfed by everyone getting more cp and destro staff granting 8% more damage. vMA has never been easier than it is now. It will need a buff soon.
    PC | EU
  • GawdSB
    GawdSB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only thing that needs a nerf is the RNG spores growing under bubbles on stage 7. Otherwise nothing needs to be nerfed.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wait until stage 9 *manical laughter*

Also, it seems to be different for everyone. My first run through it was stage 2 and stage 6 that were the hardest. I've only ran it a handful of times and Stage 2 is already laughable, and stage 6 is almost laughable.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    GawdSB wrote: »
    Only thing that needs a nerf is the RNG spores growing under bubbles on stage 7. Otherwise nothing needs to be nerfed.

Watch my videos to see there is no RNG on round 7 :open_mouth:

Hehe.

PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion

• Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think I spent 200 tri pots and 300 soul gems on the final boss on my first clear a year ago
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's the attitude : ) Keep going and you will get it.
    PC / NA
    Templar Healer "False Eye"
    Sorc Healer "Potema the Wolf Queen"
    Warden Healer "Heavy Attacks Online"
    Magicka Nightblade DPS "Nephaleth Telvanni"
    Dragonknight Tank "Nico's Facsimile"

Builds & Guides:
    Horow's Templar Healer Guide for Trials (Murkmire updated)
    How to get Felms to jump correctly in vAS HM?
    Horow's vMA Magicka Sorc Build for beginners and lazy farmers
    Horow's Magicka Sorc Triple Pet Heavy Attack Build - Summerset Isles Ready
    More builds at anthem-guild.com/pve/.

Notable Achievements:
    - World's first 18 Axes vAA clear
    - World's first 20+ enrage stack Llothis in vAS HM and World record cone damage
  • swaggerific
    swaggerific
    Soul Shriven
    Lukums1 wrote: »
    To be fair, we have no idea what class, cp or gear you're running so to offer help without critical information is fruitless.

However, if you wish to offer such information I'm happy to donate a considerable amount of time showing you the ropes.
    Let me know matey.

Luke

Im a stamblade and i think im just about cp 300? Somewhere in the 290's. I got 5 Twice Born Star, 2 NMG daggers, 3 agility jewelry, theif and shadow mundus. I dont have a specific monster set just two different pieces. One is Kragh and the shoulders are veildrith or something? Cradle of shadows boss.

Btw thanks guys, for all the info and for responding. I thought i was gonna get bashed for sucking when i made this thread but you all have shared your stories instead and even shared some tactics! Im gonna keep trying and just try to get use to how it all works. Watch some more videos too for different ideas and tips on how to complete it.

• Ryuuhime
    Ryuuhime
    ✭✭✭
    Before you ask for nerfs, check a few things:

1. How many CPs do you have?
    2. What gear are you using, and which quality and traits are they?
    3. Class, magicka or stamina? Some are hell to do first time on vMA, others are much easier.

If you're doing vMA with a build that isn't "good" for it, then you'll have a much harder time completing it. I struggled a lot on my magicka dk on it and gave up many times, for months even, then I changed to magicka NB (which was far more forgiving at the time) and was finally able to clear it. Now I can do it on all my characters, with ease.

With this I want to say: vMA is hard, but it's also repetitive. Mobs will always spawn on the same spot, and always use the same attacks. With time you'll be able to predict what's about to happen, and that's when it will become easier. :)
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭

Let me know matey.

Luke

Im a stamblade and i think im just about cp 300? Somewhere in the 290's. I got 5 Twice Born Star, 2 NMG daggers, 3 agility jewelry, theif and shadow mundus. I dont have a specific monster set just two different pieces. One is Kragh and the shoulders are veildrith or something? Cradle of shadows boss.

Btw thanks guys, for all the info and for responding. I thought i was gonna get bashed for sucking when i made this thread but you all have shared your stories instead and even shared some tactics! Im gonna keep trying and just try to get use to how it all works. Watch some more videos too for different ideas and tips on how to complete it.

Alrighty sounds fine - I'll be straight up legit with you it's going to be hard with that CP NOT impossible but hard.

First - Gear is fine 5 piece TBS on body is ok, agility is ok, NMG daggers is fine. Because you have major breach I suggest remaining TBS regardless what others may say, simply due to the HP.

If you're Khajit it's fine to keep shadow, if not run theif. Also Khajit will make it even more of a challenge if you are one simply because lack of CP + khajit with no return on STAM will be insanely difficult.

As far as monster helms sets go, you'd want veli helm + shoulders even with next patch imo. The shoulder is relative easy to get seeing as only 5-6 shoulders come from the middle key chest (any shoulder will do even if it's not medium). Try to find guildies to help you clear cradle for the helm... the other alternative is wait for it to become available from cryodil infused medium vendor.

No one will bash you on forums, it's about being here to help players like yourself we all came from the same situations you're experiencing so no harm done, ask stupid questions, go on a limb, you'd be amazed how many people are quick to assist in any way shape or form.

Luke
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion

• Ryuuhime
    Ryuuhime
    ✭✭✭
    Oops, I has the tab open for too long before replying and missed your post answering the questions I was making just before I posted them. :D
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not against nerfs or buffs to content including VMA. If significant player buffs take place, then ZOS is justified in buffing content to keep pace and if significant player nerfs or even fixes that result in lower player performance take place, they should look into adjusting difficulty downward to match.

The ideal situation would never see buffs or nerfs so extreme that these changes would need to take place, but ZOS can get a bit crazy with nerfs/buffs from time to time even when players call them out on it way ahead of time.

Also over time as content becomes outdated, I can't see a good reason not to lower the ceiling on it and allow more players to complete it. When it gets to the point that something has been out 2+ years and maybe the gear isn't even best in slot anymore, I figure you could let the powercreep overtake that content over time so players can complete it that weren't able to before.
  • Fivtyprocent
    Fivtyprocent
    ✭✭
    The best thing about vma would be adding a scroll to trigger a hardmode like in dungeons and when the hardmode is completed you'll earn a maelstrom's key to open 3 chest (one with 1H mele weaps / one with 2H mele weaps and the last one with staffs)

and obviously the arena don't need to be nerfed, rankings are active, it would deserve a nerf if only a few players would have managed to complete it after 2-3 months of trys since the orsinium patch, so stop calling a nerf and DO IT !
    For Justice !
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    L2P OP, hate to say it, but true regardless.

Plenty of guides out there if you cannot figure everything out.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Tempah
    Tempah
    ✭✭✭
    Just leveled a stam sorc up to 50 and I am at stage 6 now in about 30 minutues ( quit because of lag) died like 7 times in total so far since I've never played with one. he is also in full purple gear and is missing some racial passives and some undaunted ones.

Doesn't seem like it needs to be nerfed to me. I also have about 15k hp.

Just keep at it and you should be able to beat it.
    Edited by Tempah on February 20, 2017 10:40AM
    Dro'mathra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redemeer, Tick Tock Tormentor, The Unchained, Exstinguisher of Flames, Flawless Conqueror
  • Xerton
    Xerton
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP is going to have fun in stage 5 :D
    CP 810+
    PC - EU - DC

Officer of DRUCKWELLE (druckwelle-hq.de)
    Proud Member of Aquila Raiders - Raidgroup Hydra

~ Dro-m'Athra Destroyer ~
    ~ Flaweless Conqueror ~

vMoL HM (Nuke); vSO HM; vHRC HM; vAA HM; vDSA - cleared
    vMSA - cleared on all classes mag+stam
  • Upright_man
    Upright_man
    ✭✭

Let me know matey.

Luke

Hey man,

I completed this as a stamblade in the 300-400cp range.

Suggest you try to get 5 pieces of Vicious Ophidian gear if you are able to get into the normal trials.

Especially if you can get 3 jewellery and 2 daggers or even if you replace 2 other armor pieces. the bonus to move speed and stam return helps us out no end.

Other than that keep spamming vigor and learn from your mistakes.

Its definitely possible, even if that first clear is difficult.

Good luck
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just wait until the Argonian boss on round 7. That stupid lizard cost me flawless 6x IN A ROW!!!!! Because of BS poison spawns :'(
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

• GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wait until the Argonian boss on round 7. That stupid lizard cost me flawless 6x IN A ROW!!!!! Because of BS poison spawns :'(

If poison spawns when you are under that protective globe -> range bash boss. On a stam character if you hug the boss, then just don't allow him to start his echo after that and you will be fine. On a mag character you should have ranged bash from destructive staff and just use that in rotation and look at boss non stop.

On my first almost flawless run I had to do it (then died on 9th arena round 2 due to phone disconecting/reconnecting and alt tabbing me...

You can do vma with 300cp... I did 15 runs and on 320cp did flawless run using cp150 seducer and lich, no overload, low dps, still easy.
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I still support any nerf VMA thread. Despite the L2P crowd. Far too many players cannot complete the content. Myself included.
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭

If poison spawns when you are under that protective globe -> range bash boss. On a stam character if you hug the boss, then just don't allow him to start his echo after that and you will be fine. On a mag character you should have ranged bash from destructive staff and just use that in rotation and look at boss non stop.

On my first almost flawless run I had to do it (then died on 9th arena round 2 due to phone disconecting/reconnecting and alt tabbing me...

You can do vma with 300cp... I did 15 runs and on 320cp did flawless run using cp150 seducer and lich, no overload, low dps, still easy.

The problem I had was when the poison spawns under me in the middle of the arena and I didn't have enough time to purge it in the green
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

• MrBrandon
    MrBrandon
    ✭✭✭

No.
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No way!!! It's not easy but when you finish it it's a great feeling. You will get there just look at guides online and different builds and you'll get there.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep at it @swaggerific! I promise you will clear it eventually, and you will feel a surge of triumph. Have you tried changing up your build? I would recommend building for higher survivability. DPS is important, but you want to be able to take the big hits that VMA throws at you.

I invite you to check out my Youtube channel, I've got a high survivability build you could tweak for a stamblade, and I also have a full no-death playthrough if you're wondering about strategy for certain stages:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAbMfer9-OBxusZjS5aEKkg

Happy clearing!

Edited by Solariken on February 25, 2017 3:22PM