The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

People who Say VMA shouldnt be nerfed

• Upright_man
    Upright_man
    ✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »
    it does need to be changed to a two man arena with mobs and bosses slightly spiked in difficulty.

this is an MMO not a single player game.

No it doesn't, it's way too small for that - People would be doing 15 minute completes, what would be the point.

I'd much prefer they make another arena for 2 people. Harder than vMA so it generates even more tears and a bigger sense of achievement when you finally get through it with your friend.
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    GawdSB wrote: »
    While we'r nerfing VMA could ZOS please change the whole stage 7 thing where the final boss starts his move before being enraged then you kill the mage and he one shots you? Kthnx

So much this.
    And poisonous plant spawning under blue protective bubble.

Whole vMA is easy once you learn and remember everything needed. Except Stage 7, because even experience can't beat RNG.

There isn't any RNG...

Does no one read my posts these days LOL.

If you nuke mage BEFORE the 7 boss stomps he enrages and kills you as his FRIEND has died. So if you wait literally 2 seconds before going hand you can avoid this "enrage RNG"

Also you can take 1 step into either clense pool with the boss slightly positioned around and you NEVER have to move EVER you have zero chance in getting flowered I have 100 videos on my twitch page showing this.

The above is also in my version 2 guide...

Round 7 has got nothing to do with RNG, it's about situational awareness and using the environmental "save points" to your advantage.

I look forward for someone telling me I'm wrong.

Luke
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• NinthPrince64
    NinthPrince64
    ✭✭✭
    Lukums1 wrote: »
    While we'r nerfing VMA could ZOS please change the whole stage 7 thing where the final boss starts his move before being enraged then you kill the mage and he one shots you? Kthnx

So much this.

Whole vMA is easy once you learn and remember everything needed. Except Stage 7, because even experience can't beat RNG.

There isn't any RNG...

If you nuke mage BEFORE the 7 boss stomps he enrages and kills you as his FRIEND has died. So if you wait literally 2 seconds before going hand you can avoid this "enrage RNG"

Also you can take 1 step into either clense pool with the boss slightly positioned around and you NEVER have to move EVER you have zero chance in getting flowered I have 100 videos on my twitch page showing this.

Round 7 has got nothing to do with RNG, it's about situational awareness and using the environmental "save points" to your advantage.

Luke

@Lukums1 wow, I think I just had another "moment of clarity" thanks to your input. Please tell me if I have this right.

In your written VMA guide you say that you need to wait to kill the first minder until after the boss does his stomp. If you do that, then the scream the boss does after you kill the first minder will NOT be a one shot, but will be around 7-10K. The point being that if, in fact, there is a poison node "under the bubble" of the second minder you do NOT have to step under the bubble (so long as you can absorb the 7-10K hit). So, waiting to kill the first minder until after the boss does his stomp removes the RNG of "poison under the bubble" completely. Is that correct?
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lukums1 wrote: »

So much this.

There isn't any RNG...

Luke

@Lukums1 wow, I think I just had another "moment of clarity" thanks to your input. Please tell me if I have this right.

In your written VMA guide you say that you need to wait to kill the first minder until after the boss does his stomp. If you do that, then the scream the boss does after you kill the first minder will NOT be a one shot, but will be around 7-10K. The point being that if, in fact, there is a poison node "under the bubble" of the second minder you do NOT have to step under the bubble (so long as you can absorb the 7-10K hit). So, waiting to kill the first minder until after the boss does his stomp removes the RNG of "poison under the bubble" completely. Is that correct?

Good happy to teach.

1. You wait for the stomp before you engage which will save most people getting past that enrage tactic.
    2. The line aoe will be the 7k-10k you mention but honestly can be avoided at range.
    3. Once you kill the add and go to the bubble there is still a very slight possibility that the flower will be within that bubble BUT the difference is after the first lot of adds go to the clense pool 1 foot in keeping boss on the sides and you'll never ever get flowered.

So unfortunately you still have a real chance of getting flower/bubble BUT the chance is super LOW. Especially if you wait the 2 seconds before you kill the 1 minder go to the bubble with scream (unlikely to be flowered) IF! the summoner spores hasn't yet spawned which generally triggers new flower locations is what generally happens while you're in bubble.

Luke
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648