Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is this? Botting, cheating, "legitimate" behaviour?

• DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Never ending story, today morning they've been there as well and I am pretty sure they'll be there this evening again. Keep reporting! Maybe we'll win the fight.

Where are they today? I want to go and check this out. I'll go magblade take aggro and cloak and they'll get killed.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Never ending story, today morning they've been there as well and I am pretty sure they'll be there this evening again. Keep reporting! Maybe we'll win the fight.

Where are they today? I want to go and check this out. I'll go magblade take aggro and cloak and they'll get killed.

Iluvamir Dolmen (the first in Auridon) is a main spot for them on XOne EU. Maybe try it there, at 9:00 there've been half a dozen bots.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enroute.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Renoaku_ESO
    Renoaku_ESO
    ✭✭
    @Seraphayel Were you able to report this group? If so, could you pass along your ticket number please?

That could be "Isboxer" Is using a relay program or KVM switch illegal in ESO to control 50 characters at one time?
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EvilCroc wrote: »
    I am just curious. If I will read a book or watch tv, while holding right trigger with my finger, will be I recognized as cheater or bot handler?

Why would you do this? Just play the game.

But, to answer your question, there was a person in here not to long ago that claimed they were playing with their toe while watching Netflix, etc. They were banned for botting, I guess.

This is why I say that it is not how you do it, but what you are doing.

1) One must also keep one's thoughts pure - when in ESO, only ESO. No other thoughts allowed.

2) ZOS really should be able to monitor our thoughts better. What could we do to further this goal?
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am just curious. If I will read a book or watch tv, while holding right trigger with my finger, will be I recognized as cheater or bot handler?

But, to answer your question, there was a person in here not to long ago that claimed they were playing with their toe while watching Netflix, etc. They were banned for botting, I guess.

1) One must also keep one's thoughts pure - when in ESO, only ESO. No other thoughts allowed.

2) ZOS really should be able to monitor our thoughts better. What could we do to further this goal?

I could show you the Elder Scrolls Online PJs, with footies, I wear while I play, but this sort of thing cannot be unseen, so I hesitate. This is just in case ZOS is watching. Mind you, I have no evidence that they are. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • CromulentForumID
    CromulentForumID
    ✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    driosketch wrote: »

So here is the thing.

Every once in a while, i have a char go to a fire and burn down my excess provisioning mats - where i have over 1000 of recipes (1000 click so 4000 portions) that can be cooked that i dont ever use etc - to get them down to 500 and then sell the products at like what 5g each to the vendor. usually can make tens of thousands but it takes a lot of click-click-click-click.

So i have sat here, clicking, while also watching netflix or google or some other stream.

Even then i thought "someone might think i am a bot cuz i have been standing here for an hour just making the ..."

never been banned. Dont expect to ever be.

but if inattention combined with repetition is cause for punishment, they should really look into a "craft multiple" option built into the main game craft UI without add-ons.

I don't know why people feel the need to lawyer the point. I remember during the bot crisis people would come in here and claim, "I'm not botting, I'm farming. I'm capable of being super percise humanly in my route, and I have chat turned off so I won't see your real person check message."

Your finger would cramp if you held the trigger for 8 hours straight, which is what we are talking about here. It's like 2:1 waiting around vs activity, sometimes longer, why would you shoot at nothing when you could give your finger a break? If you're really there you should be aware enough not to stand in the auto fire clump. Also, aren't you going to want to collect the loot as well?

People AFK in front of the bank or craft stations, all the time, there is no external animation of your actions. To be frank, it's not blatant like a group doing heavy staff attacks at an anchor.

i have chat off most days cuz visually impaired so reading it while doing stuff is basically impossible.

So there you go... another notch in the must be a bot report him category.

Do not get me wrong - no love for bots or botting or any of that - i enjoy playing.

But sometimes the cure is worse than the crime esp if witch hunts are involved where "guilt by association" and "if you are standing there its your fault" logic is sufficient to prosecute. most of the time i dont pay any attention to the other PVE players in overland stuff. i have no idea who i am standing beside or how long they have been there.

You also are not firing off a light staff attack once per second for 8 hours straight at a dolmen, without otherwise moving.

But if i am standing in beside a bunch of folks who are and a witch hunter cursors over and sees my character id are they gonna take the time to tell who is who or is it my fault for standing where they have determined guilt by association applies?

This is what I'm talking about. Why are you trying so hard to look like a bot while claiming you are not botting?

Are you really asking why someone with a ranged weapon would stand in a spot that allows shots at the target but is difficult or impossible for the target to get to?

really?

c'mon?

Obviously if i had nothing to hide i wouldn't be choosing such a position.

Right?

and why dont i check my chat window often enough?

or dance emote?

surely something must be amiss - call the inquisition.

if you dunk a botter underwater is it that if they drown they were innocent or the reverse? i forget.

and surely anyone who posts questioning the witch hunt... they must have something to hide too...

I am not sure I have ever seen someone fight so hard against something that doesn't apply to them. Keep fightin' that good fight, sir and/or madam!

• Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enroute.

Did you succeed? ;)
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So here is the thing.

Every once in a while, i have a char go to a fire and burn down my excess provisioning mats - where i have over 1000 of recipes (1000 click so 4000 portions) that can be cooked that i dont ever use etc - to get them down to 500 and then sell the products at like what 5g each to the vendor. usually can make tens of thousands but it takes a lot of click-click-click-click.

So i have sat here, clicking, while also watching netflix or google or some other stream.

Even then i thought "someone might think i am a bot cuz i have been standing here for an hour just making the ..."

but if inattention combined with repetition is cause for punishment, they should really look into a "craft multiple" option built into the main game craft UI without add-ons.

I don't know why people feel the need to lawyer the point. I remember during the bot crisis people would come in here and claim, "I'm not botting, I'm farming. I'm capable of being super percise humanly in my route, and I have chat turned off so I won't see your real person check message."

Your finger would cramp if you held the trigger for 8 hours straight, which is what we are talking about here. It's like 2:1 waiting around vs activity, sometimes longer, why would you shoot at nothing when you could give your finger a break? If you're really there you should be aware enough not to stand in the auto fire clump. Also, aren't you going to want to collect the loot as well?

People AFK in front of the bank or craft stations, all the time, there is no external animation of your actions. To be frank, it's not blatant like a group doing heavy staff attacks at an anchor.

i have chat off most days cuz visually impaired so reading it while doing stuff is basically impossible.

So there you go... another notch in the must be a bot report him category.

Do not get me wrong - no love for bots or botting or any of that - i enjoy playing.

But sometimes the cure is worse than the crime esp if witch hunts are involved where "guilt by association" and "if you are standing there its your fault" logic is sufficient to prosecute. most of the time i dont pay any attention to the other PVE players in overland stuff. i have no idea who i am standing beside or how long they have been there.

You also are not firing off a light staff attack once per second for 8 hours straight at a dolmen, without otherwise moving.

But if i am standing in beside a bunch of folks who are and a witch hunter cursors over and sees my character id are they gonna take the time to tell who is who or is it my fault for standing where they have determined guilt by association applies?

This is what I'm talking about. Why are you trying so hard to look like a bot while claiming you are not botting?

Are you really asking why someone with a ranged weapon would stand in a spot that allows shots at the target but is difficult or impossible for the target to get to?

really?

c'mon?

Obviously if i had nothing to hide i wouldn't be choosing such a position.

Right?

and why dont i check my chat window often enough?

or dance emote?

surely something must be amiss - call the inquisition.

if you dunk a botter underwater is it that if they drown they were innocent or the reverse? i forget.

and surely anyone who posts questioning the witch hunt... they must have something to hide too...

I am not sure I have ever seen someone fight so hard against something that doesn't apply to them. Keep fightin' that good fight, sir and/or madam!

i have but then i an a child of the 60s when folks fought alongside others for for those others to have the rights to have greater participation and access and freedoms.

i am NOT equating this to that or what i am doing to what they did - just saying the notion of fighting for/against something that wont help you or which only applies to others is far from new and not unique to me wont end when i am gone.

And thank the gods for that.

if you have never seen this or know this in your own life, i hope someday you get that chance.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Thoosa
    Thoosa
    Zos should check out Auridon dolmens on EU, they seem pretty bad for botting.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does somebody know if there are other specific dolmens that are as crowded with bots as the one in Auridon?
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • KICHZY
    KICHZY
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is happening on PS4-EU 24/7 as well.

m7zw5.jpg
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KICHZY wrote: »

m7zw5.jpg
    I would think the mobs would run up to them and kill them.
    An reason for range being so short is that you can not attack an enemy outside of engagement range.
    If enemies don't engage at dolmens it looks like an bug.
    Edited by zaria on February 18, 2017 6:15PM
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    KICHZY wrote: »

m7zw5.jpg
    I would think the mobs would run up to them and kill them.
    An reason for range being so short is that you can not attack an enemy outside of engagement range.
    If enemies don't engage at dolmens it looks like an bug.

I don't know what happens when only bots are fighting the dolmen mobs. I think they still could do it (as I sometimes see dead bots) but it would be interesting to see what happens.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • lailoken
    lailoken
    ✭✭
    This happens as well at the Hollow Waste dolmen in Alik'r Desert.
  • Stickbow
    Stickbow
    ✭✭✭
    I've been trying to get people to let the boss at a dolmen spawn without attacking it. It would kill all of them quickly - often they stay dead for three or four cycles of the dolmen.

I halfway suspect that some or many are paying a service to level them. I know this happened in WoW; there were articles about the services in game magazines. The better ones would dual/triple/whatever box them, and keep anything gathered to sell for their gold sales services.

May they burn in Molag Bal's eternal torment.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty bad right now on the Auridon dolmen, again. Reported a dozen bots but some of the names are “older“ bots I reported a week ago and they're still there spamming heavy staff attacks...
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • lion9225nub18_ESO

So here is the thing.

Bah do not make assumptions that people cannot sit for 8 hours or longer and click the same *** over and over again, I have seen and been clanned with people that did exactly this. It is not for me and I am lucky to make it an entire hour doing that, but people do it I believe it is called poopsocking. anyway only thing worse than cheaters are those sitting around judging everyone without knowing facts and making assumptions just because it is not something they themselves would do.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bah do not make assumptions that people cannot sit for 8 hours or longer and click the same *** over and over again, I have seen and been clanned with people that did exactly this. It is not for me and I am lucky to make it an entire hour doing that, but people do it I believe it is called poopsocking. anyway only thing worse than cheaters are those sitting around judging everyone without knowing facts and making assumptions just because it is not something they themselves would do.

I would argue that sitting around judging people about what they know nothing about is not worse than the people who are cheating. Especially when the people who are sitting around doing the judging are not the ones that are handing out the punishments. I don't mean this in an "ends justify the means" way, either. It is just that cheating is worse.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stickbow wrote: »
    I've been trying to get people to let the boss at a dolmen spawn without attacking it. It would kill all of them quickly - often they stay dead for three or four cycles of the dolmen.

I halfway suspect that some or many are paying a service to level them. I know this happened in WoW; there were articles about the services in game magazines. The better ones would dual/triple/whatever box them, and keep anything gathered to sell for their gold sales services.

May they burn in Molag Bal's eternal torment.
    You can get that for ESO too, followed an add from an online newspaper
    its pretty expensive and take time so its don't look like they have some good exploits to level.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So here is the thing.

/s

Here, I'm hoping you dropped this.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Decon98b16_ESO
    Decon98b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If you feel someone is botting - report them. ESO can deal with it. I would not get
    so worked up about it.
    If you are worried about being reported for botting, then do not let it look like you could be.
    Beside, imo, if you are not botting at the Dolmans.. then shouldn't you be taking the items from the dropped chest?
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS please do something against this behaviour!

This is Iluvamir Dolmen on XBox EU right now (sorry for the bad quality but you can see everything important here):

https://youtu.be/gf_y7quvILc

It's getting worse every day! There are dozens of bots farming this dolmen. I reported +15 guys right now, some of them I reported once or twice before.

And if you think those are no bots... look carefully at the players standing under or at the tent, they look exactly the same. Sorcs with their pets out, being Altmers, having the same armor and looking exactly the same - it couldn't be more obvious that this dolmen is plagued with bots.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Edited by Seraphayel on February 20, 2017 4:17PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Kenthros
    Kenthros
    ✭✭
    ive reported this as well on the na side, although not as many as that its still a good 6 or 8 of them. tried reporting them and for 3 days have still seen the same names there. i give up not gonna waste my time dealing with it. ive played on private wow servers were this stuff is auto banned, how does a company with funding not have something like this in there, yet a private server can?
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
    I have spread my dreams under your feet;
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still won't give up and hope ZOS is going to ban all of them.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, Iluvamir Dolmen XBox EU right now: 0 bots. No heavy attack spamming bots instead of a dozen and more this time.

What happened? Thanks ZOS!
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, this thread just got linked on Kotaku.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have but then i an a child of the 60s when folks fought alongside others for for those others to have the rights to have greater participation and access and freedoms.
    i am NOT equating this to that or what i am doing to what they did - just saying the notion of fighting for/against something that wont help you or which only applies to others is far from new and not unique to me wont end when i am gone.
    And thank the gods for that.
    if you have never seen this or know this in your own life, i hope someday you get that chance.
    Damn, aren't you full of yourself? And still botting i presume ...
    rolleyes.gif
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, this thread just got linked on Kotaku.

http://kotaku.com/the-elder-scrolls-online-has-a-botting-problem-1792727078

So it did.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • _biz_
    _biz_
    ✭✭
    It's redonkulous on XOne and ZOS isn't doing much about it, if anything at all. Hell, people are getting braver now. This morning I was approached by 2 accounts that offered to trade me a lot of low level leather. I can only assume that these are after effects of farming the dolmens and other spots with their rubber banded controller. Both accounts were level 10 toons and had the same gamerscore for ESO. I offered them 1 gold but apparently that wasn't what they were seeking for the hundreds of hard earned scraps they have. I'm pretty much ready to quit this game.