Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

ESO - Morrowind [INFO/TRAILER/PICS]

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    It likely will look like a massive Dwemer city, but ... Maybe different? I certainly hope we get to meet Sotha Sil and he's not all ... Crazy ... Yet.

...when was he crazy? He only showed up once in Tribunal and then he wasn't crazy, he was
    dead.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
    Options
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It likely will look like a massive Dwemer city, but ... Maybe different? I certainly hope we get to meet Sotha Sil and he's not all ... Crazy ... Yet.

...when was he crazy? He only showed up once in Tribunal and then he wasn't crazy, he was
    dead.

I always say crazy because *shrug* .... :/ He certainly was dead though!

Isn't one of the bard songs about Sotha making a deal with the Daedric Princes to not attack Tamriel, and that deal would now have been broken by Molag, if such a deal was made.

Edited by JD2013 on January 30, 2017 12:22AM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    I'm going to guess that we'll be taking a Silt Strider from somewhere in Stonefalls to get there. Anyone else want to speculate on the subject?
    Can silt striders cross the Inner Sea? I always assumed they couldn't swim.
    How deep is the Inner Sea? They're multiple stories tall and they have those incredibly long legs...
    Hmm, don't know. It's the impact crater of the Heart of Lorkhan and/or the caldera of the first eruption of Red Mountain (Year of Sun's Death), right? So it's probably not as deep as the rest of the Sea of Ghosts.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Isn't one of the bard songs about Sotha making a deal with the Daedric Princes to not attack Tamriel, and that deal would now have been broken by Molag, if such a deal was made.

Depends on the terms. Even if we're going on the conditions outlined in 'Last Year of the First Era' (historical fiction I know, but I don't know of any other lorebooks that go into any detail on it) the Princes had a big gaping hole to use right off the bat:
    “The Daedra princes I spoke with have agreed to our terms,” he said flatly. “Disasters such as befell Gilverdale should be averted. Only through certain intermediaries such as witches or sorcerers will they answer the call of man and mer.”

Mannimarco should count as an intermediary, I think. And every single one of those Dark Anchors has a little mob of cultists calling for Coldharbour to come knocking before the chains drop...

In general I'm inclined to think the Tribunal just isn't very good at the whole, 'outsmarting Daedric Princes' thing. This being why I suspect Vivec surrendered Morrowind over to Tiber Septim - 'yes, let's put a Dragonborn on the throne so keeping the next invasion out is the Aedra's problem.' Having Daedric invasions occurring all over the place probably dented the Tribunal's images as gods. :p

Options
  • GawdSB
    GawdSB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very excited. Looking for something big.
    Options
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    GawdSB wrote: »
    I'm very excited. Looking for something big.

What she said ;) Vvardenfell 2017 everybody!
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ooo, here's a thought: we know the Tribunal somehow get their hands on the Numidium in the Second Era. Do you think we're going to have a hand in that?

Options
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ooo, here's a thought: we know the Tribunal somehow get their hands on the Numidium in the Second Era. Do you think we're going to have a hand in that?

Ugh I wish I was more educated with the Elder Scrolls lore!
    Options
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Depends on the terms. Even if we're going on the conditions outlined in 'Last Year of the First Era' (historical fiction I know, but I don't know of any other lorebooks that go into any detail on it) the Princes had a big gaping hole to use right off the bat:
    “The Daedra princes I spoke with have agreed to our terms,” he said flatly. “Disasters such as befell Gilverdale should be averted. Only through certain intermediaries such as witches or sorcerers will they answer the call of man and mer.”

Mannimarco should count as an intermediary, I think. And every single one of those Dark Anchors has a little mob of cultists calling for Coldharbour to come knocking before the chains drop...

In general I'm inclined to think the Tribunal just isn't very good at the whole, 'outsmarting Daedric Princes' thing. This being why I suspect Vivec surrendered Morrowind over to Tiber Septim - 'yes, let's put a Dragonborn on the throne so keeping the next invasion out is the Aedra's problem.' Having Daedric invasions occurring all over the place probably dented the Tribunal's images as gods. :p

Manninmarco is certainly an intermediary. And as cultists summon the anchors, despite them being machines from Coldharbour, the Worm Cult act as intermediaries for these. So that is a big loophole in the clause (if such a clause exists in the first place)

And I agree that the Tribunal don't seem overly good at outsmarting Daedric Princes. I'd be interested if we get to learn more about this if we meet Sotha.

Maybe it'll all feed into The Prophet's warning at the end of Orsinium. Who can say?
    Edited by JD2013 on January 30, 2017 12:55AM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

Options
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Manninmarco is certainly an intermediary. And as cultists summon the anchors, despite them being machines from Coldharbour, the Worm Cult act as intermediaries for these. So that is a big loophole in the clause (if such a clause exists in the first place)

And I agree that the Tribunal don't seem overly good at outsmarting Daedric Princes. I'd be interested if we get to learn more about this if we meet Sotha.

Maybe it'll all feed into The Prophet's warning at the end of Orsinium. Who can say?

Do you think something is beneath the surface from the trailer? Like a secret Daedric army inside the volcano?
    Options
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you think something is beneath the surface from the trailer? Like a secret Daedric army inside the volcano?

I'm not sure it's that. It's possible there may be something hiding in there though.

I also think we will have to deal with the Morag Tong, Naryu will definitely be involved, as likely will those Fate Bearers from the "Sweetroll Killer" quest on the Gold Coast.

And the Morag Tong are known Mephala worshippers.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

Options
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm not sure it's that. It's possible there may be something hiding in there though.

I also think we will have to deal with the Morag Tong, Naryu will definitely be involved, as likely will those Fate Bearers from the "Sweetroll Killer" quest on the Gold Coast.

So maybe the story line of this new update will end in an epic battle inside the volcano?
    Options
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So maybe the story line of this new update will end in an epic battle inside the volcano?

It's a possible thing that could happen! And will very likely continue the main story.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

Options
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's a possible thing that could happen! And will very likely continue the main story.

All they need now is a crown sale and we good! lol *throws money at screen*
    Options
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PLEASEBEMORROWINDPLEASEBEMORROWINDPLEASEBEMORROWINDPLEASEBEMORROWINDPLEASEBEMORROWINDPLEASEBEMORROWINDPLEASEBEMORROWINDPLEASEBEMORROWINDPLEASEBEMORROWINDPLEASEBEMORROWINDPLEASEBEMORROWINDPLEASEBEMORROWINDPLEASEBEMORROWINDPLEASEBEMORROWINDPLEASEBEMORROWIND

And not some dragon/Skyrim thing :)
    Options
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All they need now is a crown sale and we good! lol *throws money at screen*

Already threw money at the screen and it isn't here yet :( lol
    Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

Options
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PLEASEBEMORROWINDPLEASEBEMORROWINDPLEASEBEMORROWINDPLEASEBEMORROWINDPLEASEBEMORROWINDPLEASEBEMORROWINDPLEASEBEMORROWINDPLEASEBEMORROWINDPLEASEBEMORROWINDPLEASEBEMORROWINDPLEASEBEMORROWINDPLEASEBEMORROWINDPLEASEBEMORROWINDPLEASEBEMORROWINDPLEASEBEMORROWIND

And not some dragon/Skyrim thing :)

Well. Since it's Morrowinds 15th Anniversary in May and a scheduled update is coming May, I think it's safe to say it's Vvardenfell :)
    Options
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The teaser picture is a close up of a door made of igneous rock.
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
    Options
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BoloBoffin wrote: »
    The teaser picture is a close up of a door made of igneous rock.

How u know it's a door?
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes were so all hyped for another solo quest zone that scales to anything and a daily questline ! EEEeeEEeEEEEEEeeeeEEe *clap *clap* *clap*. I loved ESO at launch and its first 18 months after. Now it is a game with no direction or quality behind it. I would love to eat my words and come back to this game with a Expansion that has meaty content. im not holding my breath

Quiet heathenous n'wah, vvardenfell will be great
    Options
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So we can all agree this needs to play in this zone, right?
    Options
  • Bislobo
    Bislobo
    ✭✭✭
    Well i play pvp 95% of the time. But this got me Hyped, hope it's something major, an expansion perhaps.
    Redguard Dragonknight - Bislobo
    Orc Nightblade - Bislobø
    Redguard Sorcerer - Bisłobo
    Imperial Templar - Bíslobo
    Altmer Sorcerer - Bisløbo
    Options
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Remag_Div wrote: »

Would love it. But they would need to update it. Some of the instruments used sounds very dated. But other than that I'm all for it :)
    Options
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Would love it. But they would need to update it. Some of the instruments used sounds very dated. But other than that I'm all for it :)

D...d...dated? That theme is timeless. I'm offended you would even suggest that.
    Options
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

D...d...dated? That theme is timeless. I'm offended you would even suggest that.

Not the actual theme itself. But it needs a 2017 upgrade. You can hear that it's "old" sounding.
    Options
  • Sigma957
    Sigma957
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm all hyped for this.
    all-aboard-the-hype-train-o.gif
    Options
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not the actual theme itself. But it needs a 2017 upgrade. You can hear that it's "old" sounding.

Well, I mean, a "new version" of it is the main ESO theme (this is pretty much the TES theme by now), but Morrowind's version is so much easier on the ears IMO... I think they can pull it off.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
    Options
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, well yeah, obviously. I wasn't suggesting that ZOS uses that YouTube video for the audio... lol
    Options
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

Well, I mean, a "new version" of it is the main ESO theme (this is pretty much the TES theme by now), but Morrowind's version is so much easier on the ears IMO... I think they can pull it off.

Oh, well yeah, obviously. I wasn't suggesting that ZOS uses that YouTube video for the audio... lol

Of course. I mean I highly doubt ZOS would use the exact same theme song. They would probably hire Jeremy Soule to improve it to a 2017 standard. A lot of audio and the way instrument sounds has improved since 15 years ago :p But it's a beautiful theme indeed.
    Edited by andreasranasen on January 30, 2017 2:48AM
    Options
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If I recall correctly: doesn't the Nevarine meet an actual, living Dwarf "Yagrum Bagarn" in Varvendell? So- is it safe to say that there's a Dwarf still alive almost 800 years before that?
    Edited by Savos_Saren on January 30, 2017 3:22AM
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
    Options