Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO - Morrowind [INFO/TRAILER/PICS]

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And on this screenshot
    31abd76a9dd23d88b765d1cdc88b884e.jpg
    Male dunmer wear shield with Telvanni emblem of mushroom, so it is like confirmation that each House wil grant it's won crafting style.

And this one is not Morag Tong style.
    C3hZFn2WEAE5aMD.jpg
    It either Hlaalu or Redoran. Given that helm looks like scarab and reminded Redoran elite travellnig warriors - it is probably Redoran style.
    Edited by Cinbri on February 1, 2017 2:42PM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    And on this screenshot
    Male dunmer wear shield with Telvanni emblem of mushroom, so it is like confirmation that each House wil grant it's won crafting style.

C3hZFn2WEAE5aMD.jpg
    It either Hlaalu or Redoran. Given that helm looks like scarab and reminded Redoran elite travellnig warriors - it is probably Redoran style.

yes, Morag Tong should be something like this I suppose:

kX3natl.png
    https://i.imgur.com/kX3natl.png
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    Cinbri wrote: »
    And on this screenshot

C3hZFn2WEAE5aMD.jpg

yes, Morag Tong should be something like this I suppose:

kX3natl.png
    https://i.imgur.com/kX3natl.png

It's just peculiar that this armor looks exactly like light Morag Tong, except for the Redoran emblem.

Morrowind_Screenshot4.png

I think I'll try to make a comprehensive armor comparison thread later, but I have to make some paella now.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Leathra
    Leathra
    Soul Shriven
    This is so exciting!
    Morrowind is one of my all-time favorite video games. Can't wait to see this added to ESO. :)
  • Padhraigh
    Padhraigh
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't seen any speculation on the role of those argonian luggage handlers in the trailer. Kind of surprised me at first glance.

Why are they there? Why are they all in uniform?

They're armed so probably guarding whatever is in those coffers. They run at first sight when Naryu drops down. Are they shadowscales? DB-associates? Is there some argonian stuff happening in the expansion? Is there a conflict between Morag Tong and DB? Can i join them for all types of slithery stuff?

Edited by Padhraigh on February 1, 2017 4:01PM
    PC - EU - EP
    Relic Hunter
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Barkel
    Barkel
    ✭✭
    In the twitch announcement (can be found on Bethesda's youtube), they seem to imply the 3 great houses will be join able. They talked about how they didn't want choosing the great houses to effect being able to play with friends who choose others, though they didn't elaborate too much on the houses, and whether this meant they didn't want them to be factions or maybe at some point they were intending for them to be pvp based. It's certainly not clear if they will be join able, but I'd like to think they will be. I'd be so happy if they were the new guilds, and featured their own skill lines, though I struggle to think of how that'd work in association to each houses traits.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barkel wrote: »
    In the twitch announcement (can be found on Bethesda's youtube), they seem to imply the 3 great houses will be join able. They talked about how they didn't want choosing the great houses to effect being able to play with friends who choose others, though they didn't elaborate too much on the houses, and whether this meant they didn't want them to be factions or maybe at some point they were intending for them to be pvp based. It's certainly not clear if they will be join able, but I'd like to think they will be. I'd be so happy if they were the new guilds, and featured their own skill lines, though I struggle to think of how that'd work in association to each houses traits.
    It would be great if you could join all three and each one had its own questline.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    It would be great if you could join all three and each one had its own questline.

Even if you could only choose one of the Great Houses per character it would be a great incentive for playing alts, and a further distinguishing characteristic for each chr.
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    medium.gif
  • Nic727
    Nic727
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    What is happening today? I mean come on. All the tease, Pete Hines will be there, now this press release thing... what does that mean?

Now I really think a simple announcement of ESOs 1st expansion wouldn't be enough to justify all this PR.
    this is just a rough comparison how huge Vvanderfell will be compared to Wrothgar DLC!!!

2wGMg75.jpg

So much continents not explored yet.
  • valthierX
    valthierX
    ✭✭
    I just hope that this expansion is worth the price and can be played solo. If most of it is going to be like Craglorn then I'll pass. Just tell us in advance if it's going to like that.

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nic727 wrote: »
    What is happening today? I mean come on. All the tease, Pete Hines will be there, now this press release thing... what does that mean?

Now I really think a simple announcement of ESOs 1st expansion wouldn't be enough to justify all this PR.
    this is just a rough comparison how huge Vvanderfell will be compared to Wrothgar DLC!!!

2wGMg75.jpg

exactly!! if ZOS would not screw up something really badly, they can milk this game for ages!!!

they confirmed, that they will release an expansion once a year now. so many things to look forward to :smiley: !
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2017/02/01/welcome-to-2017
    Edited by altemriel on February 5, 2017 5:26PM
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MopeyHat wrote: »
    @andreasranasen thank you, this thread is a lifesaver for my impatient self at work

You're welcome :)
    Abeille wrote: »
    Hopefully they introduce some new faces, hair to go with the new class!

And hair colors.

Don't forget hair colors.

Sorry no black hair.... :p

Don't play with her hair dyes! She will come for u lol

I think I might have poked the bear :open_mouth:
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully they introduce some new faces, hair to go with the new class!

And hair colors.

Don't forget hair colors.

Sorry no black hair.... :p

Or...
    "Sorry, black hair for all races but Altmer".

Poking the bear confirmed :wink:
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Warden class, guys <3

My Cryomancer <3

My cliff racers <3

I will finally have the ability to conquer all of Tamriel by means of breeding them across the lands. Only a Saint (cough Jiub cough) could stop me!
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxBat wrote: »
    Sooooo hyped.

House Redoran, here I come.

I am particularly looking forward to seeing House Telvanni.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    So content the size of Wrothgar, but rebranded as an expac. Looks like charging for eso+ and charging for dlc's, wasn't bringing enough.

*twice the size, plus battlegrounds, new class, trial, and most importantly, nostalgia
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
  • Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It calls to me precious.....

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-31%20at%2011.05.37%20AM%20copy_zpstfneccvp.jpg

The new expansion to ESO takes place 700 years before the events of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, so you'll get to see Vvardenfell in its heyday. Red Mountain hasn't erupted and thrown the province into turmoil, and Vivec City is still in its infancy. All the sights are waiting to be seen, from the mushroom towers of the Telvanni wizards to the docks of Seyda Neen.

https://youtu.be/s5xst39v8wE
    Everything covered from todays Announcement:
    • THE WARDEN: The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind also brings the first new class since the premiere of ESO. The Warden is a druid-like warrior who has the ability to use nature-based magic to fight their foes. Additionally, the Warden gets a powerful companion in the form of the War Bear, a bear that rips through the Warden's enemies with massive claws.
    • SOTHA SIL Some of the Clock Work City will be available at launch.
    • New Trial
    • BATTLE GROUNDS Small scale PvP. 15 Minute battles. For those that prefer player-vs-player combat, a new 4 vs 4 vs 4 battlegrounds mode will be included in the Morrowind expansion, pitting teams against one another in arena-like environments.
    • New Crafting available . If you own collectors edition, you will be able to convert gear into Morag Tongs.

dsfsdf_zpsrobajyrt.jpg

The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind expansion is priced as follows:
      Standard Edition - ($59.99): The Standard Edition includes The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind and the base game, The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.

Upgrade Edition - ($39.99): If you already own a copy of The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, you can grab the Upgrade Edition to add Morrowind to your collection.

Digital Collector's Edition - ($79.99): The Digital Collector's Edition gives you both The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited and Morrowind as well as: An Armored War Horse clad with Dwarven Plate. A Dwarven Spider Pet A Morag Tong Converter that will allow you to customize your gear in the style of the Morag Tong. Exclusive Character Emotes. All the content in the pre-order Discovery Pack bonus.

Digital Collector's Upgrade - ($59.99): This package features all the items available in the Digital Collector's Edition except for a copy of The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.

Collector's Edition - ($99.99): The physical Collector's Edition includes everything in the Digital Collector's Edition, plus: A 12" Dwarven Colossus Statue. A large-format, full-color book chronicaling Morag Tong Assassin Naryu's journey through Tamriel. A full map of Morrowind. A steelbook case featuring the marks of the Tribunal and Vivec.

Additionally, those that pre-order The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind get the Discovery Pack which is filled with even more goodies like: An exclusive Warden Costume that lets all classes match the Warden's garb seen in the announcement trailer. A Dwarven War Dog pet. Treasure maps that point you in the direction of some of Vvardenfell's greatest rewards. A Dwarven Crown Crate that gives you a chance to get Dwarven-themed pets, costumes, and mounts. Experience Scrolls that allow you to gain 50% more experience for two hours.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind will release worldwide on PC, Mac, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on June 6, 2017.

3188670-esomorrowind_ce_physical_pc_zps4td89ajk.jpg

• Nova Sky
    Nova Sky
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2wGMg75.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/2wGMg75.jpg

Is that map canon?

"Wheresoever you go, go with all of your heart."
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nova Sky wrote: »

2wGMg75.jpg

Is that map canon?

If you mean if it has been released by Bethesda or Zenimax, no.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nova Sky wrote: »

2wGMg75.jpg
    Is that map canon?
    No. And neither is this one (showing to indicate how different interpretations of the same thing can be):
    EDgKFNI.jpg

But this one is (note how Vvardenfell is not much bigger than Wrothgar on this one):
    ON-map-Tamriel_02.jpg
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nic727 wrote: »

2wGMg75.jpg

And even more of it underwater :D
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Padhraigh wrote: »
    They're armed so probably guarding whatever is in those coffers. They run at first sight when Naryu drops down. Are they shadowscales? DB-associates? Is there some argonian stuff happening in the expansion? Is there a conflict between Morag Tong and DB? Can i join them for all types of slithery stuff?

@Padhraigh There's always conflict between the Tong and the Brotherhood. But if you recall the plotline for the Cradle of Shadows, there's a third group stealing assassins from both of them (Silken Ring). Said group is heavily tied to Mephala, which makes sense given that they hinted at Mephala's realm being upcoming content waaaay back when.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • Barkel
    Barkel
    ✭✭
    If the great houses are joinable do you think maybe the three new homes will be rewards at the end of their respective questlines, much like in morrowind?
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the great houses are joinable do you think maybe the three new homes will be rewards at the end of their respective questlines, much like in morrowind?

This would be awesome. I would love something akin to Tel Uvirith, especially if I could have some complimentary Dwemer automaton guards.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had a thought: what if the house Motif is like the Alliance warhorse? Only one Motif, but for whatever house you join, it displays the appropriate faction symbol?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a thought: what if the house Motif is like the Alliance warhorse? Only one Motif, but for whatever house you join, it displays the appropriate faction symbol?

That could work, aside from other differences such as helmet shape and the shoulders.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can't join the Great Houses. They said so during the announcement stream.
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »

They said you won't be pidgeonholed because of house affiliation :wink:

We better be able to join House Telvanni, that is the whole reason I wanted to go back to Vvardenfell.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
  • Barkel
    Barkel
    ✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »

They said, and I quote, "we didn't want to have you join one house and lock off the others", they also said they'd made some design decisions so everyone could play together. This can suggest both sides so, as of now, it's unconfirmed if they are or aren't joinable. I'm looking at it from an 'if' perspective.