The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[3 VIDEOS]outnumbered please help... 1 and 2. Stamina Dragonknight Medium Armor Tank.

Zenartista
Zenartista
✭✭✭
*updated
Stamina Dragonknight Medium Armor Tank vid added

5 Knights Errand
5 Spriggans
2 Velidreth

https://youtu.be/AI3W8HfQK6w

(uploading pics of stats will post soon)

So I'm wearing medium having trouble killing people. Suggestions?

Pt. One

https://youtu.be/m8Yy_yKO4sE

Edited by Zenartista on January 22, 2017 6:36AM
  • Zenartista
    Zenartista
    ✭✭✭
    Pt. Two,
    small scale

https://youtu.be/KZVlpdS5epc
    Edited by Zenartista on January 21, 2017 8:16PM
  • Xinthisis
    Xinthisis
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem is overall burst is low. Add in people with pocket healers and everyone of them running somewhat tanky builds and you have a dilemma. Also, s/b does not have the best burst potential. You have to choose between running a bruiser style playstyle and build, or a burst build. Burst is more successful in pvp these days with the way resource management isn't really a thing anymore. Also, work on your animation cancelling.
    "What happens in ESO, stays in ESO"

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
  • Iskrasfemme
    Iskrasfemme
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Also, work on your animation cancelling"

when a game work because have a bug...

:s
    Edited by Iskrasfemme on January 21, 2017 8:40PM
  • KingKrotha
    KingKrotha
    ✭✭✭
    I got you.

First you need to throw some more heavy attacks into your rotation. Notice how you are running out of stamina really quickly. You have a 2 hand passive that will increase the next attack you do by 10% after a fully charged heavy attack (Follow up). Use the time during the full charged attack to reposition and watch the combo that your opponent does. If you land the heavy attack (more practice more accuracy) you will get a nice return of stamina, you will prebuff your next attack, and you will also apply a little sustain damage during the parts of the fight where your opponent is dodging and moving around.

Try out reverse slice. You might like the AOE effect for finishing off multiple people.

YOU ARE A DK DAMNIT. USE TAKE FLIGHT!
    With the changes in next patch and the number of people you are tending to fight against. You want to start getting used to the ultimate cost and the tempo of playstyle with this ult.

Make sure all your attributes are in Stamina. Your magicka seems high for a stam DK. Use Max HP and max Stam food only. Tri food is great for a beginner DK who is still learning resource management because you will get to use an extra magicka ability with trifood.

Medium Stam DK is all about taking advantage of an oppurtunity to blow up your opponent. You have increased damage, crit, and burst. If you are going to use reverb bash (change your morph to this) as your primary CC be ready to follow up with a good combo to maximize the healing reduction from that debuff. Whenever you land a CC start counting in your head to 6-7 secs or watch the animation beneath their feet to disappear before you reapply that CC. You don't want to waste resources trying to stun someone in a panic. Keep your opponents on this 6-7 sec rotation and you will start to wear down their stamina resources so they cannot block or dodge all your moves. You just need that 1 combo to land and you win.

If you find yourself fighting more than 3 at once. Use line of sight and start chipping away at the first person who lets their guard down. Look for the person who is overextending, not rebuffing, and typically spamming 1 ability back to back.

Animation cancel. Throw in them light attacks inbetween your moves. It will add just another layer of damage.

You need volatile armor! As a DK this is where you get your resistances, your 12% healing received passive (huge for self heals) and it does a nice AOE to pop people out of stealth.

Spell wall is an awesome ultimate. You are using it incorrectly. When you pop spellwall that is 7 seconds for you to go berzerker mode on whoever you are attacking. You will block everything for free and reflect all projectiles. Use this ultimate to open up on players with some nice 2h combos.

Ultimates to try: Corrosive armor. - 100% armor penetration for 10.8 seconds. It will cap incoming dmg to you and is perfect for a medium armor stam DK to dish out some serious damage. 200 cost ultimate is daunting to some PvPers to generate without sets. Aslong as you keep a methodical tempo to igneous shield you will generate it just fine. Try out heroic slash (1 hand) to generate ultimate. Do not spam it.

These suggestions are a start. There is much more you need to learn!
    Edited by KingKrotha on January 21, 2017 8:44PM
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Part One:
    • Don't fight a Magplar tank inside their own ritual and rune. They are getting major mending and major resistance buffs just from that. If they don't chase you out of it, keep dropping a re-arming trap in the middle of their rune focus (can do the same with magicka sorc mine campers).
    • Be very disciplined reapplying reverberating bash every time they drop a ritual, need that constant major defile.
    • You have amazing survivability, but you are going to need more burst to kill that tanky templar, try being more offensive with your dawnbreaker to kill them before their zerg arrives.
    • Generally just want to keep the focus on the heal bot, eventually they will panic and try to BoL spam without first cleaning major defile and chew through their magicka.

Part Two
    • Only thing you could've done was a coordinated ult drop with your group members before they died.

You have amazing survivability, so keep that medium armour for its superior damage, I would recommend more burst, killing people before their group arrives is very advantageous.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Yuke
    Yuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont get your qbars. Whats the point in having uppercut, invasion, the wrong low slash morph and power bash equipped?

Use rearming trap, one of the two dk dots and a 2h axe so you can apply 3 dots on a tanky target (4 with dawnbreaker, 6 with a poison slotted - every dot tick drains stamina of a blocking target).

With so much mana you can think about using the shattering rock morph (petrify) to get an additional 10% damage on your target for 5 secs over the cp passive (duration gets halfed in cyrodiil).

What sets are you using?

I'd go for a combination out of this Setpool for Medium:

Werwolve Hide, Tavas, Bloodspawn, Trainee, Hulking Draugr, one proc set, Sword-Singer (if 2H = main damage bar) and Bone Pirate (if they fix it for certain Drinks). Agility Set is also still good.

With WW-Hide + Tavas + Bloodspawn you can play with 3 weapon power glyphs on jewelry while using a bufffood. Its more than enough reg and you can pretty much spam low cost burst ultis like leap or db.

You are indeed tanky enough for medium armor, you could even think about using 1H + Shield + Jewelry (i know its healthy trait but you can get gold ones for cheap) of Fury-Set + five body parts of Hulking Draugr Set (should still be way over 40k Stamina + ~4k Weaponpower if max Fury buffed). Fury Set is insane if you can tank it out for a certain time.

Edited by Yuke on January 22, 2017 1:35AM
    Save Us, Microsoft.

Noricum & Kitesquad™
    YT-Channel
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here's the major part:

Your skill bars make no sense. The way you are set up you have no method to layer damage. For example, you're running low slash, uppercut, invasion, AND power bash. Each of those skills must be used individually. Two of them are CCs. You are a DK! Use your poison DoTs!!!

Think of your rotation like this:

2H HA --> DoT, switch bars, LA/Ransack/Bash
    throw in a DBoS as needed.
  • Zenartista
    Zenartista
    ✭✭✭
    Medium Armor Tanking (Knights Errand/Spriggans)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI3W8HfQK6w

@Xinthisis

im working on the animation cancelling, playing of a ps3 remote so some stuff is a little hard due to the layout ya know.

@KingKrotha
    KingKrotha wrote: »
    I got you.
    YOU ARE A DK DAMNIT. USE TAKE FLIGHT!
    With the changes in next patch and the number of people you are tending to fight against. You want to start getting used to the ultimate cost and the tempo of playstyle with this ult.

Leap > Dawnbreaker ? ?
    You need volatile armor! As a DK this is where you get your resistances, your 12% healing received passive (huge for self heals) and it does a nice AOE to pop people out of stealth.

Spell wall is an awesome ultimate. You are using it incorrectly. When you pop spellwall that is 7 seconds for you to go berzerker mode on whoever you are attacking. You will block everything for free and reflect all projectiles. Use this ultimate to open up on players with some nice 2h combos.

Ultimates to try: Corrosive armor. - 100% armor penetration for 10.8 seconds. It will cap incoming dmg to you and is perfect for a medium armor stam DK to dish out some serious damage. 200 cost ultimate is daunting to some PvPers to generate without sets. Aslong as you keep a methodical tempo to igneous shield you will generate it just fine. Try out heroic slash (1 hand) to generate ultimate. Do not spam it.

im using the other morph of spell wall for the free SnB casting
    i dont mind the spell projectiles for the heals from SnB bubble
    while I free cast my SnB abilities and heal us with Knights Errand

waiting out peoples bursts, dancing in the eye of the storm.

@Taylor_MB @Yuke @Ishammael

Thank you for the really sound advice, what skill would be wise to swap out for rearming or fossilize
    I've been experimenting with more SnB abilities for knight errand effect during snb ulti free cast.
    but ive recently switch my gap closer to my 2hander bar and its working well.
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zenartista wrote: »
    @Taylor_MB @Yuke @Ishammael

Thank you for the really sound advice, what skill would be wise to swap out for rearming or fossilize
    I've been experimenting with more SnB abilities for knight errand effect during snb ulti free cast.
    but ive recently switch my gap closer to my 2hander bar and its working well.

I would recommend dropping Absorb Magicka, in medium armour when it's time to go full defensive you are better off, as you demonstrated, using your increased movement speed and using your reduced dodgeroll cost to LoS enemies. Then again, it is hard to tell from your video how much you are using it and getting heals from spells, so it might be indispensable to your playstyle.

Asides from that, as Yuke said, you have four CC's (including dawnbreaker), which is a bit unnecessary, so if you can live without one of them, I'd do it. Lets examine them:
    1) Reverb Bash - major defile
    2) Invasion - gap closer, so keep using if that is the bar you want your gap closer on
    3) Dizzying Swing - good burst damage
    4) Dawnbreaker - good burst damage, ult so not spammable
    5) Petrify (Yuke's suggestion) - CC's through block

Taking the scenarios form your first two clips, both Reverb Bash and Petrify work amazing against heal bots, one goes through blocks and the other wrecks their healing received. Having both would be amazing, but it's unlikely you have the skill slots to spare, so pick whichever you think has the most utility. This will become your spammable CC (as spammable as a CC can be).

You appear to be using Low Slash as your spammable DPS (which works amazingly with Knights Errant) and Dizzying Swing as your burst damage, I'd suggest simply using a 2h heavy attack and dropping Dizzying Swing. It does almost as much damage, provides 10% damage to your next attack (so great to follow it up with a Dawnbreaker that will give you the stun you might miss from DS) and helps sustain your stamina.

Would just like to reiterate we can't see everything from the videos, so our advice may not work for you. However If you have a skill on your bars that you do not 110% require, consider dropping it for something else, just for a day or two to test it out. There are so many different effective combinations out there, keep looking for yours, and good luck :)
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Xinthisis
    Xinthisis
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Zenartista
    I recommend since you're using a controller to use Xpadder. The ingame controller support is very bad. If you haven't already built in muscle memory to use the ingame support I recommend swapping over to it. If you want I can send you a layout I use on xpadder. Overall medium armor is going to be pretty weak compared to heavy especially with the way people are making builds.
    "What happens in ESO, stays in ESO"

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKs dont really have the tools to reliably kill heavy armour healers, imo. You just have to pray the guy makes some huuuuge mistakes, much more so than fighting any other spec.

Seems like that was your problem in that first outnumbered video. Not much you can do about it except respawn and hope the next fight is a little more fair.
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At lot of things have been brought up that should help. My two cents, is that you are confusing your main weapon identity. You're using Knights errand.. Sb should be your main bar.. Which means everything except rally can be dropped from 2h skill line. You might want to hold on to execute, but it potentially isn't needed either. Picking up spell wall instead of the other morph allows you to take absorb magic off your bar, so that frees up one slot. Taking off dizzying and execute frees up 2 more. There are two things that are severely underestimated in cyrodiil, crit and dots. Putting venom claw, noxious breath and trap on your bars is now possible. You can swap out one of those for shattering rocks if you so choose.

Trap on your front bar would further increase your damage, reverb is a good cc and debuff and should essentially be cast on cool down, layering your dots drastically increased pressure on even Magicka Templars... Some more dps Templars choose retribution morph which means you can keep more pressure on. No matter how you slice it, it will keep them more on the defensive than waistline time attacking you.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    pocket healers everywhere

ad a lot of Templars on all sides - all 3 factions - SnB Templars
    One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
  • Zenartista
    Zenartista
    ✭✭✭
    An overwhelming amount of advice. I've made some changes to my skills as well as play style. Thank you everyone !