The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v2.7.2

• Arrchangell
    Arrchangell
    ✭✭✭
    Really all these class balances were already shown like 3-4 days ago, there's like few that were added. RIP stamina PVE, been waiting for housing to play the game again, but i guess i'll just skip this update and come back the next one.
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really appreciate the extra effort put into the notes with the introduction of the Developer's comments. The added clarity and reasoning between Rich's recent posts and the addition of this truly warms my heart and brings a lot of excitement for future discussion and understanding between ZoS and the community. Kudos to you all for the truly massive improvements recently.

That being said, will this be the last stage of big(ger) class balance changes before Update 13 goes live, or can we look forward to some additional changes based on feedback to double test on the PTS? Mainly my concerns at the moment fall between both the Stamina Nightblade and Stamina Templar in primarily PvE application. The Nightblade class as a whole (outside of PvP) is really under performing for each and every role, leaving it entirely out of end game/competitive participation. If their respective feedback threads were to be commented in further, can we look forward to some additional balance changes, or at least comments going forward into the future?
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really all these class balances were already shown like 3-4 days ago, there's like few that were added. RIP stamina PVE, been waiting for housing to play the game again, but i guess i'll just skip this update and come back the next one.

Right but they showed some of the changes they showed a few days ago and not all of them for some reason.
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert Also yeah uh the death stroke (incapacitating strike) needs to be at a minimum 100 for ultimate cost not 70. There still hasn't been a change in the fact that the 20% extra damage when using it also applies to proc sets not just nightblade abilities. If possible make it only apply to nightblade abilities and I'll be fine with the 70 cost for now at-least. You can just say well ok viper sting and selene or veli gets 20% extra damage if they so happen to proc during the 6 second buff duration.
    Edited by MaxwellC on January 16, 2017 7:33PM
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • CaliMade
    CaliMade
    ✭✭✭✭
    no changes to Coagulating Dragons Blood? :'(
    XB1 GT- Cali Made

Praetorian Stam DK Redguard

Brigadier Stam/magblade (whatever i feel like running) Redguard

Major Mag DK Dark Elf

lieutenant Mag/stamplar (whatever i feel like running) Redguard
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    So no physical damage on crescent sweep now? Or was that just missed in the patch notes? @ZOS_GinaBruno

Also even though we saw most of them on the individual class feedback threads already, the developer comments are really nice. Helpful to know where you guys are coming from with some of the changes.

It was accidentally missed - sorry about that! Adding it in now.
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on January 16, 2017 7:26PM
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Quantum_V
    Quantum_V
    Class Representative
    What about the CDB changes we were waiting for.... I don't get it.
    Quantum - Magicka DK

Youtube Channel

• kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_Wrobel @ZOS_EricWrobel

Nightblades....
    You already posted the nightblade changes in the nightblade PTS forum.
    Everyone in that forum complained that "other changes needed to be made"!
    You told us "wait & see, more changes are coming"....
    You drop this on us & absolutely NOTHING has been changed...

#triggered
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There was no need for Training Armor nerf! It helps a lot in PVE tanking!

Incapstating strike is still OP, should have been nerf!
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on January 16, 2017 7:29PM
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I LOVE the new thing with Developer Comments! Awesome!
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy armor, thermoscale, malubeth, vitaliy pots nerfed!! holy ***, finally some decent changes
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes yes yes yes, malubeth nerf, heavy armor nerf, blackrose nerf, trainee nerf. All of wich is a good change imo. Excellent patch notes, Im actually happy, impressed @ZOS_GinaBruno

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Arrchangell
    Arrchangell
    ✭✭✭
    The NBs got absolutely nothing but nerfs, both PVE&PVP, this whole PTS every class got some buffs and nerfs except NBs getting only nerfs all the way.
  • bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually like most of these changes. I think ZoS did a pretty good job nerfing things that needed to be nerfed without completely nerfing them to the ground (except Trainee, that got nerfed to the ground lol) But I am disappointed with no trait re-balancing. I guess sharpened will remain BiS for DPS in every single scenario, PvP or PvE.

Edit: Also I got to say that I LOVE the dev notes. Please keep that up. Even if I may disagree with a change that is made it makes me feel a lot better about it when I see the reasoning behind it (e.g. the Trainee nerf).
    Edited by bubbygink on January 16, 2017 7:41PM
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheHsN wrote: »
    For sorc ??? what did u do really IN THE NAME OF BALANACE...

you made one mistake and taking it BACK...???

BASICLY U DID NOT ANYTHING... How u read FEEDBACKS really...

Item Sets
    Armor of the Trainee: Reduced the Max Magicka, Stamina, and Health granted by this item set to 1250 from 2500.
    Why u mess up things you DONT NEED TO...

U ARE FUNNY REALLY FUNNY and putting love notes about your cheating us that why u have cheated on us:):):)

Curse was buffed and so were destro staves. Magsorcs are looking to be just as strong in PvP and even stronger in PvE next patch. What more do you want?
  • DangerMan
    DangerMan
    ✭✭✭
    Next patch on-wards, either play MagSorc, MagTemp, or MagDK, or don't even bother playing the game..RIP Stamina

Tonnes of leaderboard squads have already quit on NA PS4, and I wonder how many more will leave after this.. I know I'm done..
    Edited by DangerMan on January 16, 2017 7:29PM
    Flawless MagSorc DPS
    StamDK DPS
    MagTemp DPS
    StamSorc DPS
    MagDK DPS
    DK Tank
    MagNB PvP
    StamNB PvP

• kookster
    kookster
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great changes guys! I have no bad things to say. I applaud you.
    Potato Pact - PC NA
  • Dakrana_Thrazvoth
    Dakrana_Thrazvoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Next time call your patch notes : NERF NOTES, it's more accurate.

i'm sick to see more nerfs patch after patch.
    Edited by Dakrana_Thrazvoth on January 16, 2017 7:32PM
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soul harvest 70. Ouch.

So next week Concealed gets a 20% boost and Impale starts at 35% Right?
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Zinaroth
    He clearly wants god mode sorcerer raining down lightning and meteors.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh, some balance patch. L2 develop a game zos. Almost 3 years down the line and you still can't balance the game
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The vitality potion nerf is amazing, that was really needed. This was the last overpowered potion, now there is really balance.
    Heavy armor nerfs look okay, but I would have prefer buffs to light and medium armor rather than nerfs.

Trainee nerf made it useless, very sad change.
    Malubeth nerf is great and needed as well.
    Elemental storm nerf, well you know my opinion. Was not needed at all, as it will still be stacked in pvp and the crying won't end, until you render it completely useless as a single cast.
    But overall very good balance changes with this pts build. Light and medium still need to be given more meaning in pvp, heavy armor requires more work now, but I think it's still best overall, you'll be just as tanky and the damage will remain the same.

But what the hell :D the backlash changes. I might play templar now, that thing is like daedric curse just 50% stronger and now it finally works against damage shields. Templars will be lethal in pvp now, when played right. Templar is no longer the last light when it comes to burst damage.
    Edited by Dracane on January 16, 2017 7:39PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    I really appreciate the extra effort put into the notes with the introduction of the Developer's comments. The added clarity and reasoning between Rich's recent posts and the addition of this truly warms my heart and brings a lot of excitement for future discussion and understanding between ZoS and the community. Kudos to you all for the truly massive improvements recently.

That being said, will this be the last stage of big(ger) class balance changes before Update 13 goes live, or can we look forward to some additional changes based on feedback to double test on the PTS? Mainly my concerns at the moment fall between both the Stamina Nightblade and Stamina Templar in primarily PvE application. The Nightblade class as a whole (outside of PvP) is really under performing for each and every role, leaving it entirely out of end game/competitive participation. If their respective feedback threads were to be commented in further, can we look forward to some additional balance changes, or at least comments going forward into the future?

Glad you found the comments useful!

We're still evaluating the overall balance, and will continue to do so after PTS is back online and we collect more feedback when you have a chance to test the changes. There likely won't be any large, sweeping changes at this point, though.

That said, we know everyone is very passionate about their classes, but please keep your comments constructive. If you'd like to see something changed, let us know and explain why. Hop onto the PTS and try out the changes we've made so far, and explain why you do or don't like some of the things you see. Also, keep in mind if we don't implement some of your feedback, it could be due to a number of reasons. Balance is one of those things that affect the entire game, and when we're working with four different classes, there's a lot to consider. We are reading, though, and appreciate the time you take writing out your thoughts.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxwellC wrote: »
    @Zinaroth
    He clearly wants god mode sorcerer raining down lightning and meteors.

As it should be !

Great patch notes Gina !

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks very much for adding dev notes so we have some insight.

Still wondering if we'll ever see a trait pass again. Sharpened is too far beyond the others for dps.

No buff to underused proc sets to bring them up a bit after the nerf? A huge missed opportunity that your sweeping nerf destroyed previously.

Overall, I'm still quite disappointed with this upcoming patch. Balance = nerf. Please don't ever use the word balance again. I'd likely run to hide under my bed until it's all over.
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Addons
    Effects that last longer than 30 seconds now follow the same rules as effects that last less than 30 seconds: they are only available to player-made addons if they are cast by the player or cast on the player.

Am I understanding this correctly that we won't see other players buffs at all anymore? We'll only see the buffs placed on our own character?
  • sirinsidiator
    sirinsidiator
    ✭✭✭✭
    The developer comments are a huge improvement, but please don't hide them in spoiler tags next time. I don't want to have to click every single one of them. :s
    https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/ - My Addons - The Vault (Early updates and experimental projects) - My patreon - My blog
  • Wizzo91
    Wizzo91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great changes, finally HA nerf.
    [EU]

Wizzo - Stamina DK - 50 - DC
    Wizzox - Magicka NB - 50 - DC
    Vilest Wizz - Magicka Sorc - 50 - DC
    Wiser Wizz - Magicka NB - 50 - DC
    Wizzo X - Magicka NB - 50 - AD
    In Rainbows - Stam Sorc - 50 - AD
    Fake Plastic Tree - Stamplar - 50 - EP

6XX CP

• SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent balance changes overall. And the developer notes are highly appreciated.
    Edited by SanTii.92 on January 16, 2017 7:42PM
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS, thank you for adjusting Death Stroke rather than just Incap (made me less salty). However, stamblades are already very underwhelming in PvE, and with this patch we're having our damage relatively reduced even more so. May I ask that you extend the damage buff for Death Stroke by 3 seconds or so in order to improve PvE DPS? I would also like to have a stamina version of magicka flood for the assassination tree (+8% max stam with an assassination ability equipped). You gave both magicka and stam sorcs mirroring max stat buffs, why not Nightblades?

If you do this, it may help bring stamblades in line with sorcs, and DKs in terms of DPS. Currently DKs, and Sorcs are superior to Stamblades in terms of DPS, survivability, and AoE damage. You gave stamplars some love (rightfully so), so when will it be stamblades turn?