The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Make 2hd great again?

Pallio
Pallio
✭✭✭✭✭
Any chance 2hd will suck less in this patch?
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wtf? Do you live under a rock?
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Airyus
    Airyus
    ✭✭✭
    a little bit of specifics would be nice. 2 hand weapons are still quite wonderful for Stam builds.
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make 2h great again?
    Perhaps we should make the magsorcs pay for it...
    PC / NA
    Templar Healer "False Eye"
    Sorc Healer "Potema the Wolf Queen"
    Warden Healer "Heavy Attacks Online"
    Magicka Nightblade DPS "Nephaleth Telvanni"
    Dragonknight Tank "Nico's Facsimile"

Builds & Guides:
    Horow's Templar Healer Guide for Trials (Murkmire updated)
    How to get Felms to jump correctly in vAS HM?
    Horow's vMA Magicka Sorc Build for beginners and lazy farmers
    Horow's Magicka Sorc Triple Pet Heavy Attack Build - Summerset Isles Ready
    More builds at anthem-guild.com/pve/.

Notable Achievements:
    - World's first 18 Axes vAA clear
    - World's first 20+ enrage stack Llothis in vAS HM and World record cone damage
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they can parse as high as dw in trials then I'm all for it.

Right now 2h is a pvp weapon, which is a shame.
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    2H will work in Homestead (LA/Crit Charge/LA procs Kena), but it still won't be close to BIS only because it simply does not provide the necessary buffs to make up for the loss of a 12th piece. And it's ultimate is pointless in PVE.
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Debating deleting my 2hd imperial stamplar for something good, used to play him as main, but, I guess it is time to move on to the DW Kajiit NB or DK still can't decide.
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2h is one of the strongest stamina weapons you can have. What have you been smoking?
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking for trials end game dps, not pvp.
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What they need to do:

1. Two piece set bonuses for 2h weapons
    2. Cleave reworked into viable AoE
    3. Ult needs massive buffs
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2hd was always my favorate play style, works in pvp but is underperforming in pve, wish they would fix it to be competitive with DW dps.
  • Redn3ck
    Redn3ck
    If you give 2H the second piece it'll will over shadow SW in PVE...you have everything you need in that skill line for both PVE and pvp.
    If you are gunna give 2H the second set piece, you have to spilt Rally like you did Wrecking blow...
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue really is the added wd/SD dw gives that makes it better.. in addition to the extra set piece.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dw got its spell and wpn damage nerfed.

So thats a kind of buff to dw.

Why can't 1 just be better in pve and 1 better in pvp?
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They reduces the %dmg passive, the added wd/SD is from having 2 eguiped..

Anyway, nerfing dw isn't the answer.
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Increasing the dmg of 2hd/Bow to = dw would be a better option.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallio wrote: »

Or just leave it as it is.

They already buffed bow.

2h is fine as it is, it's mainly always used in pvp.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • J2JMC
    J2JMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2hd was always my favorate play style, works in pvp but is underperforming in pve, wish they would fix it to be competitive with DW dps.

It's not about pvp vs pve. It's about melee sustained dps vs melee burst dps

On stamina classes 2h offers ridiculous burst+survivability while dual wielding offers sustained dps +more ways to increase that dps. If 2h gets more sustained dps is dw going to get better burst? At that point why even have other skills if weapon lines are going to do everything?

Also before ZOS even thinks of buffing 2h they need to gut rally.
    Edited by J2JMC on January 10, 2017 6:04PM
    Knee Jerk, L2P, Obtuse, Casual, Entitled, All The Best, unnecessary mention of CoD

Battle leveling for pve content defeats the idea of progression. Remove CP

"Apparently the players are more informed than we are"-Richard Lambert

• Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mention of pvp was because 2hd is only good in pvp, worthless in end game pve compared to dw dps.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    J2JMC wrote: »

On stamina classes 2h offers ridiculous burst+survivability while dual wielding offers sustained dps +more ways to increase that dps. If 2h gets more sustained dps is dw going to get better burst? At that point why even have other skills if weapon lines are going to do everything?

Generally I'd agree, but sustain vs burst only works for ST.
    For AoE, DW has the burst damage (Steel Tornado) and 2H has the DoT (Cleave), although it's crap.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Or just leave it as it is.

They already buffed bow.

2h is fine as it is, it's mainly always used in pvp.

A better approach would be to make them equally competitive in both aspects. As much as people say 2H is superior in PvP, I disagree. On my DK, and Sorc I DW in PvP; whereas on my Templar, and Nightblade I use the 2H.

My reasons? DW allows for better gear combinations, and I can have a WD enchant on one sword, while having a crushing enchant on the other; giving me even more damage. Also Flurry is by far superior to uppercut against anyone with a lick of talent. On my NB, and Templar I use the 2H for the major brutality.

In PvE I use DW for ALL of my characters. This is not balanced.

Now as much as I would like it, I don't think we should make the 2H count as two item pieces. Whereas I would prefer it if they made the 2H provide more weapon damage than DW. This way they'll be comparable in strength, while maintaining to be unique.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    J2JMC wrote: »

Agree and disagree sort of in that i agrere with your points and think no change is needed at the moment beyond the tweaks to damage in the PTS.

key is, to me at least, the two weapon lines serve different purposes which makes them better at different content.

2H shines at burst+survive and DW shines at sustain-DPS+AOE (to me) and those make for meaningful choices.as to which to learn and which to use for each area.

Right now, if you run both PVp and trials it is worth it to know both DW and 2H it seems.

But if they made 2h as good at trials as DW then why learn DW?

if you look thru these threads across the forums a large number of them take a subject, put on blinders and look thru a pinhole to so restrict the view to one narrow aspect or another and try to ignore or dismiss everything else often painting it as "but for this content its..." etc.

What this really misses is the notions that the game has lotsa different types of content and if all the weapons were equally good at all the different types of content, then weapon choices really wouldnt matter one bit.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even with the dw nerfs the base wd/SD is higher with DW due to the base weapon dmg. Bow/Staffs should be equal to 2hd base weapon dmg as they are all 2h weapons... that would fix alot and no make wizards have 2x swords to max sd in addition to making bow main weapon actually feasible.
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So 2hd will remain pointless outside of pvp I guess, which is sad it does have some interesting skills.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2hd = PvP
    DW = PvE

Probably gonna be the permanent meta going forward
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The single biggest reason why I use 2H in pvp is because of Forward Momentum. If DW had something comparable to Forward Momentum, I would switch to DW.

The constant root spam, snare, slow effects reduce your damage to inconsequential if you can't move and DPS for at least 5+ seconds. FM gives 8 seconds which surpasses anything else as a stamina based character!
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It still not as good as dw,simply because it counting as one pc to a set
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man I'm so sick of the 'make x great again' .. And I'm not even american.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • willlienellson
    willlienellson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »
    And I'm not even american.
    Maybe that's why?

• SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »
    And I'm not even american.
    Maybe that's why?

Eh, i'm pretty sure if i would i'd hate it even more
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Make Catch Phrases Great Again!

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."