The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crash on starting PTS client(Windows related)

• Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone find a fix for the Crash Reporter error upon pressing play?

Still not working for me. :(
    ->--Willow--<-
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just a heads up that we're still working on this one. There does appear to be a number of different issues reported in this thread, though. Here's where we're at for each:
    • Some of you appear to be crashing when you press Play with no real error message, and are only getting the Crash Reporter. This is being actively investigated.
    • Others are receiving a missing .dll error. We have a fix in the pipeline for this so it shouldn't be an issue when we go live with this update. In the meantime, make sure you're running the current and correct version of MS Visual C++ which you can download manually from Microsoft's site.
    • Mac players are unable to load their copied characters, and are having issues using new or templated characters after assigning skill points. This is being worked on, and we encourage you to continue the discussion in this thread instead.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a heads up that we're still working on this one. There does appear to be a number of different issues reported in this thread, though. Here's where we're at for each:
    • Some of you appear to be crashing when you press Play with no real error message, and are only getting the Crash Reporter. This is being actively investigated.
    • Others are receiving a missing .dll error. We have a fix in the pipeline for this so it shouldn't be an issue when we go live with this update. In the meantime, make sure you're running the current and correct version of MS Visual C++ which you can download manually from Microsoft's site.
    • Mac players are unable to load their copied characters, and are having issues using new or templated characters after assigning skill points. This is being worked on, and we encourage you to continue the discussion in this thread instead.

Thank you so much for the update, Gina!
    ->--Willow--<-
    Options
  • Zakor
    Zakor
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update Gina!
    Options
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , any update on this?

Still not working after the patch today. :( Nothing but a crash reporter window when I press play.
    ->--Willow--<-
    Options
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So after 4x4 hours of downloading 50GB each I was finally able to install PTS today using the VPN workaround: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/280064/fix-for-reliable-source-serving-corrupt-data-in-download/p14

Now I'm stuck at the fatal error 12 described in this thread :s

I'd really appreciate being able to test homestead before it goes live^^

Options
  • diamanda
    diamanda
    ✭✭
    the problem is still not fixed
    Options
  • gsas93
    gsas93
    ✭✭
    Anyone has any idea on how to repair from the C++ error?

I have installed the last update on Microsoft webside and repaired the PTS, but still getting the same dll error.
    Options
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot even finish downloading the PTS patch. Before it finishes, my launcher crashes.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
    Options
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really sad that they are not updating us anymore, and have fixed so many other things. :(

Makes it feel like they've just been stringing us along.
    ->--Willow--<-
    Options
  • Zakor
    Zakor
    ✭✭✭
    Keep calm guys. It may be a hard to find error since very few are experiencing it. I'm sure they haven't forgotten about us.
    Options
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zakor wrote: »
    Keep calm guys. It may be a hard to find error since very few are experiencing it. I'm sure they haven't forgotten about us.

I do understand that, but I also feel like I have been calm for two weeks now. ;)

It is a rather time-sensitive issue, since pretty soon we won't be able to test anything anymore before it goes live on the 6th.

It's just really disappointing. And it would have been very appreciated if they had at least popped in, more often than the last update being a whole week ago, to let us know they are still working on it and we haven't been forgotten.

The weeks just keep rolling by.
    Edited by Livvy on January 19, 2017 12:05AM
    ->--Willow--<-
    Options
  • siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am still getting the .dll error. I have tried everything. Even reinstalled the whole thing.
    "Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
    Options
  • Harveyrabbit76
    Harveyrabbit76
    Soul Shriven
    Hi, apologies for jumping on board but I contacted them directly and I was told that the .dll issue would be fixed for the release but no mention of being fixed for the test. So frustrating!!
    Options
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice that zos responds to windows crash thread right away, but mac users have been crashing for weeks and weeks and still crashing...
    :(
    PC / NA
    Templar Healer "False Eye"
    Sorc Healer "Potema the Wolf Queen"
    Warden Healer "Heavy Attacks Online"
    Magicka Nightblade DPS "Nephaleth Telvanni"
    Dragonknight Tank "Nico's Facsimile"

Builds & Guides:
    Horow's Templar Healer Guide for Trials (Murkmire updated)
    How to get Felms to jump correctly in vAS HM?
    Horow's vMA Magicka Sorc Build for beginners and lazy farmers
    Horow's Magicka Sorc Triple Pet Heavy Attack Build - Summerset Isles Ready
    More builds at anthem-guild.com/pve/.

Notable Achievements:
    - World's first 18 Axes vAA clear
    - World's first 20+ enrage stack Llothis in vAS HM and World record cone damage
    Options
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ^^ agree.

Been playing since the beta, and only on Mac (beautiful on my 27" iMac). It does feel rather like Mac players are just being ignored - or at least, not taken seriously enough.
    Options
  • Zakor
    Zakor
    ✭✭✭
    1. Stop complaining in here, this is a bug thread not a whine thread
    2. We are also still crashing so I don't understand your problem. We haven't heard anything since two weeks now. Calm down guys...

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Any news?
    Options
  • diamanda
    diamanda
    ✭✭
    When I hit play on launcher for PTS I get this popup :
    XSDtmou.png

EDIT: Repair didn't help, will try reinstalling

the problem is not fixed ...
    Options
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, so much for getting to test any of the housing. Or anything, for that matter. :(

I hope the game will actually be playable for us once it's pushed to the live servers.

What a huge disappointment this has been, in both not being able to test anything, and the lack of support.
    ->--Willow--<-
    Options
  • Falhael
    Falhael
    ✭✭✭
    Livvy wrote: »
    Yeah, so much for getting to test any of the housing. Or anything, for that matter. :(

I hope the game will actually be playable for us once it's pushed to the live servers.

What a huge disappointment this has been, in both not being able to test anything, and the lack of support.

edit: turns out the problem is solved, at least for me.
    Edited by Falhael on February 3, 2017 2:05PM
    Options
  • audrieltheelf
    audrieltheelf
    ✭✭✭
    My problem occurs on trying to update the PTS. It gets to 10% then crashes and the only pop up I get just tells me to report the problem. I've tried repair, reinstall, turning on/off my computer. Nothing helps.
    PC/NA/AD
    Alaudria - v16 Altmer Sorc
    Teleia Opisthia - v16 Imperial Templar (Tank)
    Fionna Dark-Heart - v16 Imperial DK (Tank)
    Katniss Never Seen - v16 Bosmer NB
    Stilettos and a Lava Whip - v16 Dunmer DK
    Kerasi Moro - v16 Breton Templar
    Kyria Lathraia - v16 Imperial NB
    Options
  • Jenadara
    Jenadara
    ✭✭
    diamanda wrote: »
    When I hit play on launcher for PTS I get this popup :
    XSDtmou.png

EDIT: Repair didn't help, will try reinstalling

the problem is not fixed ...

I'm getting a similar error, live now. I have the latest Microsoft Visual. My error says api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing.

Update: I did a windows 7 updater fix from this site: http://plugable.com/2016/06/08/windows-7-wont-update-what-to-do/
    It got my Windows updater to actually work properly to get the correct updates, and then my game was able to launch.
    Edited by Jenadara on February 6, 2017 10:41PM
    It's called the American Dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it. ... George Carlin
    Options
  • ejdeej
    ejdeej
    Soul Shriven
    I have tried everything... nothing helped... stucked to nowhere...
    Options
  • siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So, when Homestead was launched on PTS, it stopped working for me. I got an error of api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer error. I repaired, I reinstalled the whole thing, I installed all Windows Updates, downloaded the file, tried everything, it didn't work. But my normal game would turn on just fine.

Today, after the launch of Homestead on PC, my main game has also crashed and I am unable to go past the launcher. This is absurd and gone on for so long.

Someone do something!

P.S, I have also tried to fix Windows Update, where I wasn't getting proper updates, and all if well on that end now. But I still can't run the game.
    "Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
    Options
  • harcikatica
    harcikatica
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same .dll problem here. :(
    Options
  • harcikatica
    harcikatica
    Soul Shriven
    For those who use win7 and struggle with api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll problems:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2999226/update-for-universal-c-runtime-in-windows

This helped me. After the installation and a computer restart ESO is working. :)
    Options