Maintenance for the week of June 3:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 3, 2:00AM EDT (6:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

[FIX] for "Reliable source serving corrupt data" In Download

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_DaryaK wrote: »
    The "reliable source serving corrupt data" error should have been resolved with yesterday's patch. If you're still seeing that error, please repair your launcher and try again, the game should patch normally after repairing.

If you're still seeing that error or are having any other trouble, please reply to a customer support ticket you have open or let us know here.

no it was not fixed, it is still bugged!!!

ZOS PLS FIX YOUR GAME!!!
    Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    maybe making a support ticket and getting it resolved until October will help!!
    Options
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am getting this error now when I try and patch the PTS. Thanks!
    @ElizabethInTamriel; @ElizabethInESO
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
    Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am getting this error now when I try and patch the PTS. Thanks!

for me this helped:

- cancel the download
    - repair the client
    - start download again

check this out here:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3344459

http://i.imgur.com/CXDx4og.jpg
    Options
  • shynobyred7
    shynobyred7
    Soul Shriven
    Have anyone tried to delete the registry keys related to Eso ?

I haven't download the game on this PC and I am not sure to get the same error as you but try to do the steps for a "fresh install" but before starting the official, fresh downloaded launcher, try to go into the registry by doing regedit and delete everything related to Bethesda, zenimax online and elder scrolls online(Inside the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\), do a reboot of the computer and start the installation.

The thing is when you delete/uninstall the game, registry keys related to it are still saved to your computers so deleting any corrupted registry key and doing the install with a fresh installed launcher is the trick to make sure to start on fresh bases, like this computer have (it won't cause any arm, no registry key related to the game exist when the game is not installed which means your computer can run without em)

PS : I am not experiencing the error, if you leave a reply after trying my solution please incorporate every steps you made before trying my solution, you can copy past I don't mind.
    Options
  • Marych
    Marych
    Soul Shriven
    Any1 have solution for this problem? cause since a i bought gold edition eso i always have that error...
    Options
  • cholakoff
    cholakoff
    Soul Shriven
    Hi all,

Few days ago I was in the same struggle. For me nothing helped (the repair was downloading the whole game again and still getting stuck at 99%(8mb left).
    Finally I was able to download the game successfully using my phone as hotspot and downloading the remaining 8mb it worked very well.
    If you have that option please stop wasting time (I was troubleshooting and sweating on this for 2 days). Try to find another source of internet and download the remaining files.

Here is a list of other things that can help you.
    - You got stuck and the error shows. Hit "Cancel" from the "Game options" in the Launcher and then it should give you option to repair (for me the repair was downloading the whole game again and got stuck on the same spot hope that it doesnt apply to you).
    - Delete the launcher folder and then download the installer (link for download is in your account). Install it again and try.
    Good luck all hope that you can fix it as I know how annoying it is.
    Cheers,
    cholakoff
    Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    cancel download and repair the launcher has solved it for me
    Options
  • Kaaylim
    Kaaylim
    ✭✭
    Hi,
    I'm having this problem for 3 days now on both my laptop AND my desktop;

Repaired the game 3 times on both now and always it always stop at 99% with a 0.04MB left;

I tried also deleting the hostdevelopper files; using VPN...
    I cannot try using my phone as I dont have a wifi card and I have no more data anyway.

I would like to try to install the missing file with torrent;
    but how did you all know which file were missing???
    Options
  • Tyrusaran
    Tyrusaran
    ✭✭
    Seriously, cant even fix the damn launcher start the game or get this damn bug fixed. Fix your damn *** allready ZOS.

Game consultant places blame firmly on one of your connections timing out while all the others work just fine with 11-12 ping.

When are we going to be able to the get patches again, be able to launch the launcher, be able to launch the game AND be able to play again?
    Options
  • lohworm
    lohworm
    ✭✭✭
    the same here !
    launcher started an full install with no reason (launcher normally updated yesterday), and now it states the 'corrupt...' message at 22% !

what's the hell is going on ?
    Options
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm just gonna bump this, since it is still an issue apparently. I read through the whole thread, and seriously props to all you guys for working together and taking matters into your own hands. It was inspirational to watch. I'm having the same error unfortunately. Didn't play for months and came back to see how the game had improved. And the first thing I get reintroduced to is my old friend the piece of *** launcher. Seriously, it has always been utter ***.

Gonna try out all the solutions one by one. Thanks again for all the effort! Fingers crossed...
    Reinstalled complete game. Didn't work. Trying the conventional repair and then redownload right now.
    EDIT: Yup, just got stuck at 99%, with 4 mb remaining...
    Edited by Koensol on December 5, 2016 9:28AM
    Options
  • Defvinb16_ESO
    Defvinb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Koensol wrote: »
    I'm just gonna bump this, since it is still an issue apparently. I read through the whole thread, and seriously props to all you guys for working together and taking matters into your own hands. It was inspirational to watch. I'm having the same error unfortunately. Didn't play for months and came back to see how the game had improved. And the first thing I get reintroduced to is my old friend the piece of *** launcher. Seriously, it has always been utter ***.

Gonna try out all the solutions one by one. Thanks again for all the effort! Fingers crossed...
    Reinstalled complete game. Didn't work. Trying the conventional repair and then redownload right now.
    EDIT: Yup, just got stuck at 99%, with 4 mb remaining...

Decided to install this game again after years, install went fine. Immidiatly after it was done the only option i had was to repair. Tried that, it took ages then finally it came to 99% where it said Reliable source serving corrupt data.
    How is this not yet fixed? Months have been passed....
    Options
  • Defvinb16_ESO
    Defvinb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    OK so, I uninstalled the game and when i first installed it I checked european servers and i got the error.
    This time it tried the Northe American install and everything worked fine :)!!
    Options
  • Ravinya
    Ravinya
    ✭✭
    I'm trying to install PTS atm but it's giving me the reliable source error with 28 MB remaining. At first install it stops at 22%, after doing a repair it stops at 99% both times with 28 MB left.
    I already tried several times yesterday but it never completes.

The weird thing is, yesterday I decided a complete fresh reinstall of the entire game might help or at least help me find out if it is indeed a connection problem. But the original game installed just fine with no errors within about 3 hours.
    Tried PTS again after that and I get the same error at the same spot again. Wth?

I can't find any missing depot files either, I have 24 atm but there is literally nothing else in that folder except for the patchdata.depot.

The game and vo_en folder are completely missing.

Options
  • MokiDono
    MokiDono
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem as well.

"Reliable source serving corrupt data" while trying to install the PTS.
    "Your courage... your power... are not completely insignificant. Perhaps you can be made to serve. Do not fight. Do not resist. Give yourselves over now, or be destroyed."
    Options
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have this problem as well when trying to install the PTS . The install also is stopping at 22% .

Common ZOS...I tried everything ( fresh install, changing the DNS servers..etc) ..this is a problem firstly appeared in april 2014!!

No fix until now?
    Options
  • karpatska_vlcice
    Same here, and I am already sick and tired of trying again :/
    I have tried repairing (3 times), deleting host.developer logs (2 times), running luncher as admin, using mobile phone and nothing has worked so far :( I had the same issue as Ravinya above, and I know couple more ppl with the same problem, but only with new installation of PTS (the old versions are updating allright). I am from Czech republic.
    Any solution anyone? @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Options
  • Hekaterin
    Hekaterin
    ✭✭✭
    Having this issue with the installation of PTS, very annoying and frustrating :/
    Options
  • noNono
    noNono
    Soul Shriven
    Same here - it's going to 25% and stop with Reliable source serving corrupt data message. :(
    Options
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    Regarding this issue occurring on the PTS client, we are working on a solution for this ssue and hope to have it resolved as soon as possible. You can subscribe to this support article to receive an update when we have any further information.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • modaretto
    modaretto
    ✭✭✭
    same problem, I still couldn't instal pts because of this. Tried restarting and repairing, nothing seems to be working.
    Watches-the-wind (Templar healer) / PC EU

Dragon's Crest
    Options
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had the same error with "Reliable source serving corrupt data message" at 99%, just hit stop button and started it again and again and again.... now I'm back at 1%....

Good job ZOS :sweat_smile:
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
    Options
  • noNono
    noNono
    Soul Shriven
    I have 99% downloaded, but still it's not 100%. :/ It's seems this problem is long time not solved. It not giving me hope to see any help from technical support. I was hoping it will be a few hours. Now I see it could never be solved. :/
    Options
  • santrasa
    santrasa
    Soul Shriven
    I was stuck on 25% on downloading the PTS. I read this thread and tried few things. Today I got it working by trying out following steps. I'm a bit unsure which step actually helped, but since I trust coffee to help with pretty much any situation except insomnia, I have a feeling it might have been step number 5. ;)

1) Closed the launcher
    2) I made sure my firewall and antivirus had the launcher in their allowed lists (firewall didn't)
    3) Then I changed my DNS to google's using this guide https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using
    4) I restarted the launcher as administrator
    5) Had 2 cups of coffee and took my doggy out

Got it working!
    Options
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After 4x4 hours of downloading 44GB each I was finally able to install PTS yesterday using the VPN workaround.
    Ofc this didn't mean I could actually play because I ran into this error on startup:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/312163/crash-on-starting-pts-client-windows-related

On top of this, patching got me another error message today and now I'm back to downloading those 44GB again...

Ty so much @ZOS_DaryaK @ZOS_GinaBruno for your ongoing effort to enable players to actually play on PTS!
    Options
  • Vunak
    Vunak
    Soul Shriven
    Nothing I do helps. I am just trying to install the game. Does anyone have the Depot_-1to174.z21?

Mine seems to stall out. All the other depot files in my folder are nearly 2gigs, but the last one z21 is just shy of 1gig. Ive tried everything support hasnt been helpful, supplied them everything they asked for.
    Nightblade PvP
    Options
  • Forgotten
    Forgotten
    ZOS_DaryaK wrote: »
    Regarding this issue occurring on the PTS client, we are working on a solution for this ssue and hope to have it resolved as soon as possible. You can subscribe to this support article to receive an update when we have any further information.

Any further information? I've spent a few hours trying to get this game to download. First I couldn't install the launcher. Searched the internet and found a TWO YEAR OLD POST to help me fix it. Nice to see problems are recurring. Then after I got settled, I couldn't even download the whole game. Really? Okay. Another search. Seems like this has been a problem since the early days that was "fixed". Awesome. A week after your post and still no info. Honestly, I'm not sure if I want to be coming back to this if this is going to be a regular occurrence. PLEASE fix your stuff for good.
    Edited by Forgotten on February 4, 2017 2:05AM
    Options
  • ModernWarBear
    ModernWarBear
    Soul Shriven
    After a few days of frustration I got mine to work by using a VPN (I used HotSpot shield) when the download/repair hit 99% and it was stuck. You need to let it repair until then with your normal connection, then click on the vpn with the launcher still open when you see "Reliable source serving corrupt data". Turning on the vpn eventually allowed it to finish the last 25mb, then it began applying the patch and turned the depot files into the actual dat files the game uses to run. Hope this helps someone.
    Options
  • dbennett707cub18_ESO
    Just started getting this issue as well. Sticks at 22-25% with "Reliable Source serving corrupt Data." If I do a repair gets to 99% and has same error.
    Options