The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[DATA MINING] Homestead Edition!

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @Paulington for all your hard work! :smiley:
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • EnviousStruggle
    EnviousStruggle
    ✭✭✭
    "U15 - Nord Dungeons"

in crown store
    smthin like Shadow of the Hist i think
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of these new things look so extremely awesome, like the scholar personality and the sabertooth tiger mounts. But by Talos I will not buy a single thing of these if they are Crook Crate exclusives! Stop doing that, just stop it. No one wants it.

However, more details on a Vvardenfell DLC, makes it seem like it will come in 2017 maybe. I'M SO EXCITED!
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sabrecat and fancy island look great. Thievery crates can still go *** themselves.
  • kakarot482_ESO
    kakarot482_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just going into this assuming that every single one of these things (except the homes) are going to be in the gambling boxes. Or that they will cost 4500 crowns like that elk I was originally so excited about. Saves me the disappointment.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just hope the sabre cats don't cost 4k crowns. I don't really mind yhem in the crates cause I got loads of Crown jems that idk how to spend lol
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just hope the sabre cats don't cost 4k crowns. I don't really mind yhem in the crates cause I got loads of Crown jems that idk how to spend lol

I just hope the sabre cats don't wind up in the gambling boxes. I don't really mind paying a set price for items cause I've got loads of Crowns that idk how to spend, but it sure as hell isn't going to be on gambling, lulz.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • ProbablePaul
    ProbablePaul
    ✭✭✭✭
    mrs_gibbs wrote: »
    Abeille wrote: »
    mrs_gibbs wrote: »
    An elk recolor?! I was kinda wishfully thinking it was going to be one of a kind. I can't image the price of the recolor.

My guess is Crate-Exclusive recolor.

Since I caved and bought the elk that is what I am kind of hoping. *hides under a desk*

Then I won't feel so bad splurging on the original one. I was worried I would never be able to get a recolor without the crates. Really I was wanting a white elk. But didn't want to chance it.

A lot of people have experienced this hardship, buying an original just to have a newer, cooler version come out a month later. It's pretty much happened with almost every special mount. Give it a month or so and a new coloring will come out. And no, you won't get access to different coloring ways for buying one type. The point is to get you to spend money. Unfortunately, this is how games are run when people aren't willing to pay subscription fees on a regular basis, and instead demand a free to play model. Although, don't fret, any money you spend eventually increases the quality of the game.
    Edited by ProbablePaul on January 6, 2017 8:53AM
    Bosmer Melee Magicka Nightblade
  • ProbablePaul
    ProbablePaul
    ✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    Recremen wrote: »
    I am not sure what you mean by "the actual math" but it at least looks like you've bought a lot of crates to get the experience of them!
    That's what I meant. More of a bad joke. =P

I was about to ask if you knew LaTeX, then I was gonna say, get to work, buckaroo! :D I'm pretty curious to know what the rates are, and I was hoping that someone would have kept track of each 'pull'.
    Bosmer Melee Magicka Nightblade
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Welp, I guess I will have to start buying one crate a month with my eso plus crowns.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • CloneTrooper699
    CloneTrooper699
    ✭✭✭
    The funny thing is if they put these directly in the crown store for a set price I wouldn't buy them, even though I spend more money than I would have liked buying the crate to get it. This stupid gambling system is super effective :(
    I'm a goat
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    But by Talos I will not buy a single thing of these if they are Crook Crate exclusives! Stop doing that, just stop it. No one wants it.

Judging by the number of atronach mounts you see in the game, quite a lot of people want it.

I agree that crates are a scam and I won't buy them myself. But as long as people continue to buy them, they aren't going anywhere. Almost every multiplayer game released in the past 2-3 years has RNG crates. In each of those games, people cried when they were released. And in each of those games, they were a huge success.

There are a lot of wealthy gamers (either earning their own income or using parents money) as well as problem gamblers. Both buy RNG crates, and there are more than enough of them to make the initiative profitable.

Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 27, 2017 8:18AM
  • Titansteele
    Titansteele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    But by Talos I will not buy a single thing of these if they are Crook Crate exclusives! Stop doing that, just stop it. No one wants it.

Judging by the number of atronach mounts you see in the game, quite a lot of people want it.

I agree that crates are a scam and I won't buy them myself. But as long as people continue to buy them, they aren't going anywhere. Almost every multiplayer game released in the past 2-3 years has RNG crates. In each of those games, people cried when they were released. And in each of those games, they were a huge success.

There are a lot of wealthy gamers (either earning their own income or using parents money) as well as problem gamblers. Both buy RNG crates, and there are more than enough of them to make the initiative profitable.

The cold hard truth ^^

People can vent in these forums all they want and come out with bold statements like "nobody wants these" but the proof is out there. I have seen loads of those crate mounts kicking about.

I don't like the crates, I have a lot of Crowns in my account and have never spent any on them on the crates. Personally I do not like them or what they represent but where I know I am not alone in my thoughts on this subject I am fully aware there are many that do not share my views and as long as they are willing to put their cash into the crates they will stay.
    Edited by Titansteele on January 27, 2017 8:28AM
    Guild Leader of The Twelve Knights, AD PVE, PVP and Trading Guild on the EU Mega Server

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger"
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tempted to get the Argonian Costumes and Scholar Personality
    However, considering that ZOS seems to be trying to rob people with higher prices on Crown Items, I'm going to say that they will cost in the 2k range minimal, each (Barring that they're scam crate exclusives). If that's the case, forget it.
    Argonian forever
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sabre cat, yes please
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My favorite out of all of that was the Black Kagouti.
    Playing since beta...
  • ArgonianAustin
    ArgonianAustin
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the anka-ra polymorph will change with beast races like the werewolf polymorph.
    Just a Lizard Man that plays ESO with my twin brother khajiit_kyle
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    darkstag wow
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Jeremiah87
    Jeremiah87
    ✭✭✭
    Really not a fan of all the flashy mounts being introduced to the game. And obviously not a fan of the crown crates either.
  • Compton1865
    Compton1865
    ✭✭
    Love the Dark Stag and Black Saber Cat mounts. But if these are only going to be available as exclusive drops from the Crown Crates, I'll probably pass. If not, I'm hoping that they won't be ridiculously overpriced (like the original Stag mount).

I like the idea of the Crown Store (and appreciate that it consists of cosmetic items), but many things have become quite costly, compared to when I started playing the game a few years ago.

Thanks for this information. Looks exciting. Eager to see what else Homestead will bring.
    MemoFromTurner
    XB/NA/AD

Interesting in joining a vampire guild? The Strigoi Coven is looking for new recruits - shoot me a message!

"Vampires often turn on those who trust them, you know."
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need that black elk.

But yeah, if it's 4,000 crowns, then forget it. I won't spend more than 2,500 for a mount EVER. Not happening.
    Edited by SydneyGrey on February 4, 2017 5:25AM
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aren't some of these in the crown store now? Duchess and the one black outfit?

Trying to keep tallies on how many Crown Crates post will hit a day.
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although, don't fret, any money you spend eventually increases the quality of the game is put directly into making more clown crate content INSTEAD of going towards the game.

Fixed that for you.
    Edited by Jamini on February 20, 2017 12:20PM
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • Purrmaid
    Purrmaid
    ✭✭
    I'm actually really looking forward to this :)
  • SanSan
    SanSan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People: I"m not going to buy crates and gamble!
    When the crates come out: *the same people buy crates and fuel their addiction*
    : D
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SanSan wrote: »
    People: I"m not going to buy crates and gamble!
    When the crates come out: *the same people buy crates and fuel their addiction*
    : D

Not quite true.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Trayzard
    Trayzard
    ✭✭✭
    I havent played the game for a long time. So those "Crown crates" are pretty new for me. How expensive will it be to get a specific skin? I want that Spriggan Senche skin. How much money do i have to spend to get that skin from those random crates....
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trayzard wrote: »
    I havent played the game for a long time. So those "Crown crates" are pretty new for me. How expensive will it be to get a specific skin? I want that Spriggan Senche skin. How much money do i have to spend to get that skin from those random crates....

Thats the beauty, you never know. Generally speaking, way more money than you would ever have spent were it in the crown store for a simple supply/demand question.
    There is a thread about CC drop rates here somewhere, i think in the crown store forum.
    There we go https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/306955/demystifying-crown-crate-drop-chances-with-80-000-simulations
    Edited by Ahzek on March 2, 2017 7:33AM
    Jo'Khaljor