Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773
We will be performing maintenance on the PTS on Wednesday at 3:00AM EDT (7:00 UTC).

PTS Feedback Thread for Templar Balance Improvements

• dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've not been very active in the forums of late but I do have a couple of points I should like to express. Firstly, I love the changes they made to Stamina Sorcerer in the last year making them viable and interesting. What I do not like about those changes is they instantly outshone anything good about the Stamplar. Sorcerer quite easily far exceeds anything a Stamplar can do, essentially outstamplaring a stamplar. Costs of abilities, regeneration, etc are not as good on a Temp. Biting Jabs is also a far inferior morph to its cousin Puncturing Sweeps and everybody knows it. I personally feel Biting Jabs needs a worthy secondary effect, whether that is life steal like its alternative or something else. The cost on Biting Jabs otherwise should be significantly reduced for the reasons people have mentioned in here.

I personally would love to see more Stamina Morphs for Aedric spear skills, namely I think Blazing/Luminous shards should be a choice between magic and stamina and the cc should remain. CC on a Templar has always been very slushy, why make it worse? The Gap Closer should also offer us a Stamina morph in the same vein that Lotus Fan is the magic morph of ambush for Nightblades. I wish it were as reliable and functional as the Nightblade version but that's been a complaint of us for a long time.

Ultimate choices could be better for Templars but I don't think that is anything new. All in all I think Templar is better than where it was in the early game, but it still needs work and needs more of a uniting force. It very clearly operates better in the magic form, which is a bit of an annoyance given its theme. Templars should be Crusader-Knights and Priests. I don't think we should all be wearing Ice Staffs to do our job in the future.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
    Options
  • austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paraflex wrote: »
    BigES wrote: »
    Healers should be forced into light armor.

If you want the ability to dish out massive healing for your group, which I have no problem with, you shouldn't simultaneously be unkillable. Right now, there is no tradeoff. Between the Blessed CP and bonuses from potions and trash items like Malubeth, there is no trade-off necessary. You can be incredibly tanky AND dish out substantial group healing. If you want to be in heavy armor, which is also fine, your heals shouldn't put a 60k health blazeplar to full health in two casts.

Rather than seeing a nerf this patch, heavy armor heal bot templars are given new utility skills. Dark Bubble spam, Magicka Regeneration for their group, and a new full speed group heal they can spam at full health.

These kids dont care about jesus beam nerf and removing the CC from Blazing Spear. They just want to "live". Its a build for everyone who used to get insta-dead in previous patches. You are affecting skills they could care less about while significantly nerfing legitimate templars.

If you want the ability to dish out massive healing for your group, which I have no problem with, you shouldn't simultaneously be unkillable. Right now, there is no tradeoff. Between the Blessed CP and bonuses from potions and trash items like Malubeth, there is no trade-off necessary. You can be incredibly tanky AND dish out substantial group healing. If you want to be in heavy armor, which is also fine, your heals shouldn't put a 60k health blazeplar to full health in two casts.

Rather than seeing a nerf this patch, heavy armor heal bot templars are given new utility skills. Dark Bubble spam, Magicka Regeneration for their group, and a new full speed group heal they can spam at full health.

These kids dont care about jesus beam nerf and removing the CC from Blazing Spear. They just want to "live". Its a build for everyone who used to get insta-dead in previous patches. You are affecting skills they could care less about while significantly nerfing legitimate templars.

Folks like you should be barred from giving feedback. Actually most people who play damage and dps specs should. The DPS players are always a cancer in each game regarding balance. They help the game gravitate towards insane levels of burst and dps and then they whine that healers aren't easy targets in pvp.

The heavy armor nerf hurt Templar healers really bad in pvp. Healers should be hard to kill in pvp. A lot harder than they are now even. Nothing in pvp puts a bigger target on your back than being a healer. As a templar, you lack CC and Mobility and people still *** about Templars in heavy because of why? Because they didn't go down easy? GOOD! Thank god for the Heavy armor meta.

Templar Extraordinaire

I can tell which side your going to favour.

Absolutely I will favor the Templar. I play healers exclusively in MMORPGS because I'm good at it. But in ESO? Ha. I laugh at people who whine about healers wearing heavy armor. I have 28k HP on my healer in pvp. And it's still not enough. One well geared night blade can drop me in 3 seconds. I've seen Eye of the Storm 2 shot me in pvp.

And people have the nerve to complain about healers in pvp not being squishy enough?

Let's just give everyone the ability to one shot and take healers out of the game. That's what most of you consider balanced

I also heal groups and run 20k HP and rarely die to a NB Ganker or EotS. I think your doing it wrong if you die that fast....you know remeberance is the perfect counter to EotS....I'd like to see some PvP Healing videos from you to see how you play.

You're lying if you claim Night blades don't do that to you. Yes they can and will.

I'm wearing golden out desert rose, black rose, and transmutation. Still doesn't stop their burst.
    PC and PS4 (bring back character transfers please?)
    Templar Extraordinaire
    Options
  • austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CosmicSoul wrote: »

Folks like you should be barred from giving feedback. Actually most people who play damage and dps specs should. The DPS players are always a cancer in each game regarding balance. They help the game gravitate towards insane levels of burst and dps and then they whine that healers aren't easy targets in pvp.

The heavy armor nerf hurt Templar healers really bad in pvp. Healers should be hard to kill in pvp. A lot harder than they are now even. Nothing in pvp puts a bigger target on your back than being a healer. As a templar, you lack CC and Mobility and people still *** about Templars in heavy because of why? Because they didn't go down easy? GOOD! Thank god for the Heavy armor meta.

Templar Extraordinaire

Absolutely I will favor the Templar. I play healers exclusively in MMORPGS because I'm good at it. But in ESO? Ha. I laugh at people who whine about healers wearing heavy armor. I have 28k HP on my healer in pvp. And it's still not enough. One well geared night blade can drop me in 3 seconds. I've seen Eye of the Storm 2 shot me in pvp.

And people have the nerve to complain about healers in pvp not being squishy enough?

Let's just give everyone the ability to one shot and take healers out of the game. That's what most of you consider balanced

Considering your suppose to be in big groups in pvp your not likely going to get ganked by a nightblade in a middle of a huge battle, also every class is suppose to be weak against another one, this is group pvp, not 1 vs 1.

Night blades can ambush you, incap, and execute you in the middle of big fights and get away somewhat reliably with cloak.
    Templar Extraordinaire
    Options
  • austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Templar Extraordinaire

lol Templar Healers are incredibly difficult to kill especially if it's a good player. We don't need anymore buffs.... Templar healers are still super strong. I think now we'll have to switch 3 spell dmg enchants to 1-2 recovery enchants and use Heavy Armor as you no longer can Heavy attack Resto staff and get huge amounts of resources back.

They nerfed resto heavy?
    Templar Extraordinaire
    Options
  • Paraflex
    Paraflex
    ✭✭✭✭
    @austinwalter87ub17_ESO

In case you missed the resources you get back from heavy attacks.

Heavy resto is great for resources back....Passive from resto 30% Mag back plus Heavy Armor resources back plus a enchant that gives Mag back was a huge burst to your resources each attack.

You can also YouTube Hollykills as I have several group play videos healing and don't run into NBs that kill me in 2 seconds...like I said your playing it wrong if you die super quick to NBs heavy armor as a healer you can be very tanky learn oh and you should learn to block cast.
    Hollykills CP 630 Templar Healer - Ad PS4 Warlord Rank

Max Stam/Mag Dk
    Max Stam Sorc
    Max Stam/Mag NB

Don't care to dps much so I heal.

Options
  • austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @austinwalter87ub17_ESO

Heavy resto is great for resources back....Passive from resto 30% Mag back plus Heavy Armor resources back plus a enchant that gives Mag back was a huge burst to your resources each attack.

You can also YouTube Hollykills as I have several group play videos healing and don't run into NBs that kill me in 2 seconds...like I said your playing it wrong if you die super quick to NBs heavy armor as a healer you can be very tanky learn oh and you should learn to block cast.

I'm aware that heavy attacks give back a large amount of resource.

Someone made it sound as if it got nerfed.

And you're a liar if you say NB'S can't burst you down while in heavy as a healer. I've experienced it. My gear is top notch. I know what I'm doing. I'm a good healer. But if a NB catches you off guard you will die nearly instantly. Especially with their procs.
    Templar Extraordinaire
    Options
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    I would prefer the Empowering Sweep morph TBH and will properly continue to usse Empowering over Crescent.
    You can have it. :p Honestly, as a non-vampire Magicka Templar, I would pick S&B Ulti for a defensive ulti over Empowering.
    Take it and give me Crescent with a CC. ;)
    I also heal groups and run 20k HP and rarely die to a NB Ganker or EotS.
    Amazing. You forgot to add that on top of that you can also 1vx all the things.
    :D

Options
  • Paraflex
    Paraflex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lore_lai wrote: »
    I would prefer the Empowering Sweep morph TBH and will properly continue to usse Empowering over Crescent.
    You can have it. :p Honestly, as a non-vampire Magicka Templar, I would pick S&B Ulti for a defensive ulti over Empowering.

No a healer that supports a group cannot 1vX and that's the case for me

Max Stam/Mag Dk
    Max Stam Sorc
    Max Stam/Mag NB

Options
  • Paraflex
    Paraflex
    ✭✭✭✭
    @austinwalter87ub17_ESO

And you're a liar if you say NB'S can't burst you down while in heavy as a healer. I've experienced it. My gear is top notch. I know what I'm doing. I'm a good healer. But if a NB catches you off guard you will die nearly instantly. Especially with their procs.

You do realize there's plenty of healer builds that can survive a NB gank. Having the best gear and best build cannot supplement for a poor choice, player awareness, timing for breaking a stun, and positioning.....if your a group healer and you keep dying to NB ganks your either in the back of the group away from the group or just incompetent to be able to heal a group and maintain your own survival against a NB gank.

@austinwalter87ub17_ESO

I seriously doubt you play in competitive groups and have much success in PvP based on all your comments my guess is you follow a Zerg and get picked off. Don't ask for Templar Healer buffs they are in a good spot.

Max Stam/Mag Dk
    Max Stam Sorc
    Max Stam/Mag NB

Options
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No a healer that supports a group cannot 1vX and that's the case for me

When I run small group (2-4vX) the first thing we do is hit the healer with at least 1 ulti, most likely 2. A healer with 20k health won't last very long against an incap/dawnbreaker combo.

Edit: I'm not saying healers are in a bad spot, just pointing out good pvp strategy (aka common sense - kill the healer first).
    Edited by Ron_Burgundy_79 on January 16, 2017 11:02PM
    Options
  • austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @austinwalter87ub17_ESO

You do realize there's plenty of healer builds that can survive a NB gank. Having the best gear and best build cannot supplement for a poor choice, player awareness, timing for breaking a stun, and positioning.....if your a group healer and you keep dying to NB ganks your either in the back of the group away from the group or just incompetent to be able to heal a group and maintain your own survival against a NB gank.

@austinwalter87ub17_ESO

I seriously doubt you play in competitive groups and have much success in PvP based on all your comments my guess is you follow a Zerg and get picked off. Don't ask for Templar Healer buffs they are in a good spot.

I have played competitive pvp. You list ideal situations for an encounter in pvp. Most of the time that isn't how pvp goes.

I have survived NB ganks and EOTS pushes. But here is the issue. Rememberance is the bane to EOTS but there's always more than one EOTS. Also, it's very easy to get hit by a NB at unfortunate times.

I've seen tanks get basically one shot by proc stacking nbs. Even in this thread someone posted a screenshot of being hit for over 40k health in one nb combo.

Insane.
    Templar Extraordinaire
    Options
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I main a templar, and I was duelling a friend tonight to try out the changes after the latest patch, and purifying light seems completely broken. At one point, I purposely barely touched him to see if what I was seeing was correct, and he died at full health to a 19k purifying light, and hardly any damage had been stored at all, because I was barely touching him, other times it was doing 16k, 20k ect. I don't know what was going on but the damage it was doing was in no way reflecting damage stored, it was far too high.

We just watched videos back of this and it was definietly broken :lol: He had 100% full health and it just wiped him.
    Edited by Elara_Northwind on January 17, 2017 12:01AM
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
    Options
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SadieJoan wrote: »
    I main a templar, and I was duelling a friend tonight to try out the changes after the latest patch, and purifying light seems completely broken. At one point, I purposely barely touched him to see if what I was seeing was correct, and he died at full health to a 19k purifying light, and hardly any damage had been stored at all, because I was barely touching him, other times it was doing 16k, 20k ect. I don't know what was going on but the damage it was doing was in no way reflecting damage stored, it was far too high.

We just watched videos back of this and it was definietly broken :lol: He had 100% full health and it just wiped him.

I will try to get him to send me the video tomorrow morning to post it, it is honestly hilarious, they have made it far too strong :lol:
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I will try to get him to send me the video tomorrow morning to post it, it is honestly hilarious, they have made it far too strong :lol:

It seems to be working properly in PvE, but looks like it is busted in PvP.
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Templar Extraordinaire

I also heal groups and run 20k HP and rarely die to a NB Ganker or EotS. I think your doing it wrong if you die that fast....you know remeberance is the perfect counter to EotS....I'd like to see some PvP Healing videos from you to see how you play.

You're lying if you claim Night blades don't do that to you. Yes they can and will.

I'm wearing golden out desert rose, black rose, and transmutation. Still doesn't stop their burst.

Don't try to argue with him. He's plays in a raid, which is why he never gets ganked.
    Options
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Light armor is currently garbage unless you are a shield stacking Sorc or a burst-and-cloak magblade. It's especially garbage for a healer.

The issue is that Medium and Heavy armor both give a direct bonus to Spell or Weapon Damage, which means larger heals. Light armor does give spell crit, but as you pointed out, heals are already big enough without the need to crit. The big major light armor bonus is Spell Penetration, which does absolutely nothing for heals. You are better off going with heavy because Wrath can give you bonus spell power, and thus bigger heals.

If you look at the healing some of the stamina builds out there can do, it's insane. I don't know why people complain about BoL when stam builds can go from near death to full health in the space of a dodge roll with Vigor and Rally.
    Options
  • Paraflex
    Paraflex
    ✭✭✭✭

Light armor is currently garbage unless you are a shield stacking Sorc or a burst-and-cloak magblade. It's especially garbage for a healer.

The issue is that Medium and Heavy armor both give a direct bonus to Spell or Weapon Damage, which means larger heals. Light armor does give spell crit, but as you pointed out, heals are already big enough without the need to crit. The big major light armor bonus is Spell Penetration, which does absolutely nothing for heals. You are better off going with heavy because Wrath can give you bonus spell power, and thus bigger heals.

If you look at the healing some of the stamina builds out there can do, it's insane. I don't know why people complain about BoL when stam builds can go from near death to full health in the space of a dodge roll with Vigor and Rally.

You bring up a good point about light armor spell penetration adding a benefit for healers so maybe they could change spell penetration to add some type of benefit say a chance for an extra heal over time on all heals but honestly healers don't need any more tools or buffs unless you are a heavy armor Templar who can't defend against NBs that gank you..... your just a special type of bad player that needs the "floor pushed up to keep you alive....go play minecarft"

Max Stam/Mag Dk
    Max Stam Sorc
    Max Stam/Mag NB

Options
  • austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You bring up a good point about light armor spell penetration adding a benefit for healers so maybe they could change spell penetration to add some type of benefit say a chance for an extra heal over time on all heals but honestly healers don't need any more tools or buffs unless you are a heavy armor Templar who can't defend against NBs that gank you..... your just a special type of bad player that needs the "floor pushed up to keep you alive....go play minecarft"

It's pretty obvious at this point you consider Templar healers OP because they aren't as squishy as you want so you can AP farm them.
    Templar Extraordinaire
    Options
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Made a video of 13 Mag Templars all using Reactive Armor/BOL/RD/Malubeth. It's total cancer for PvP how in earth is this balanced?

https://youtu.be/Blq2gNrrbfQ

Problem I have with this video/group is

Heavy Armor is way to strong on Mag Templars

Stacking Reactive/Malubeth on a bunch of Mag Templars lets you outlast your opponents pretty easy.

I made this video hoping for some reductions to Heavy Armor and Malubeth to show the cancer these sets can make when combined on the right class.

Average Templar had

35k HP
    30k Mag
    32k Spell Resist
    30k Physical Resist
    1500-2200 Mag Recovery

Most had purple gear bought right from the Tel Var Merchant there was no need to upgrade it to yellow.

WTF is this? LOL.
    Congratulations on fighting pugs?
    And if you got kills in there (because at one point it was so boring just watching you tank pugs and not even scratching them) you got them from - dun, dun duuuun - Destro Ulti (ya know - that super awesome "templar" ulti, right?)

An organized group of Sorcerers with the same number would have probably shut you down with Negates + Destro Ult + encase.

The only time I see you use Beam is when you literally disgustingly zerg someone down with your whole group + friendly pugs.
    And even then it takes you all so long to get him. Y'all are so OP.

You do understand the main point of the video was to show Reactive Armor/Malubeth with A group stacked full of defensive BOL Templars. The video is a joke and it's not even close to a real PvP group but shows how defensive and resource draining a group full of Reactive/Malubeth Templars can be.

It was named house of cancer for a reason as we had no intention to kill people outside of cheese destro/RD abilities

@Lore_lai

Sorry fail video, cancer kills, your templar group does not...

Try and think of a better catch phrase to convince us of your ill conceived opinions on templar.
    Options
  • Paraflex
    Paraflex
    ✭✭✭✭

It's pretty obvious at this point you consider Templar healers OP because they aren't as squishy as you want so you can AP farm them.

Iv played a healing Templar for 1.5 years now and haven't changed my Heavy Armor Templar except adjust to each patch as they are quite strong in general (Kept getting better with Heavy Armor Passives, Major Mending access, sacred ground changes, cancer Reactive set, etc. I'm not in here asking for buffs. I never said they were OP I only would like balance and I think this patch they have done a really good job on some changes at this point we'll have to wait and see how next patch plays out.

My only problem is listening to players who are incompetent with the Templar healing class complain about NB Ganks and wanting to get over buffed.

For awhile it was easy for a Magplar to excel with dps/tank/heal in PvP.
    Edited by Paraflex on January 17, 2017 4:30AM

Max Stam/Mag Dk
    Max Stam Sorc
    Max Stam/Mag NB

Options
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While magplar is fun and all, how about we try and get stamplar sustain and pve viability buffed so we don't go extinct :)
    Options
  • BigES
    BigES
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My feedback is equally as important as yours. Maybe more so given your admittedly one-sided viewpoint.

You think heavy armor templars should be HARDER to kill than the current meta? Wow. Honestly, I'm speechless. Clearly you've had zero experience playing on and definitely against a properly geared heavy armor Templar healer. If you're getting burned down on a Templar in Cyrodiil in heavy armor, you have no clue what you're doing. That's not a insult, but a fact that can be clearly demonstrated if you'd like to come to Xbox NA.
    Options
  • BigES
    BigES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see the changes to Armor of the Trainee, said no one ever. I guess I should take it as a compliment seeing how I'm probably 1 of the 6 light armor magplars running trainee. I guess I was OP. 218.png_large

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_RichLambert

Been running a 1vX light armor Trainee build variant on my Templar. I ended up dumping it because of the bar swap health desync issue, but was looking forward to it getting fixed. Not anymore. Guess all those gold mats and early patch jewelry farming is down the drain with one fell 50% nerf swoop.

But yeah, lets nerf Trainee and let proc sets go unscathed, lol. Hilarious.

Also ruins my Lich/Trainee sorc build. Cool.
    Options
  • BigES
    BigES
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Every single light armor passive improving healing capability except one. 1) Cost reduction 2) Spell Critical 3) Magicka recovery.

You chose the one light armor passive that does not benefit a healer.

As you pointed out, the fact that heavy armor gives more resistance AND bigger heals IS the problem.
    Options
  • BigES
    BigES
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Let me give you an example, Austin. You're not getting it.

Yesterday, as a sorc emperor, with 80k magicka and very good spell damage, I was unable to 1v1 a Maulbeth, Reactive, Heavy armor Templar. I poisoned him. I timed a destro ulti/curse/heavy attack/frag combo on him, without putting a control effect on him. He CC broke and spammed Breath of Life. It was hilarious. And I've played that build and I know what it's capable of. And honestly I don't blame him for running it, because its made available to everyone.

Last night that templar got emperor. Today, he took off his heavy armor and thought he'd try playing a damage templar.

My now non-emperor sorcerer had zero issues in a 1v1 with him as emperor out of heavy armor.

Point being, heavy armor Templar healer builds have turned bad players into "survivors" rather than forcing them to properly learn a game trying to find balance.

Options
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    why do you need the choice of 2 ults and leave stam with none other than db

Because only the damage morph is usable in PvP.
    Options
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, we lost Dawnbreaker of Smiting so Cresent is the only cheap burst ult we have now
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
    Options
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously though, if we can't have the blazing spear cc back, can we just have luminous be a disorient cc like fossilise? atm Luminous is just useless.

Someone in PvP hit me with it today in an open field battle and I rejoyced. Free 5 second CC immunity!
    Yep... that players Luminous did nothing but help me...
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
    Options
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert

I cannot stress how much more appropriate Empowering Sweep is for Stamplar than Crescent Sweep.

Stamplars, to do their big damage, need to use Biting Jabs which got AMAZING buffs. In order to effectively do damage we need one of two things to ensure we don't get immediately deleted whilst jabbing.

A) Big Mitgation

B) AOE CC

DBOS fulfills the point b which is phenomenal for engaging in pockets or small groups and 9 times out of 10 is our preferred ulti.

Empowering fulfills point a, providing us with incredible mitigation to launch of jabs whilst our HOTS tick. Crescent does not fulfill either of these functions, rather provides very cheap burst to a class that arguably shouldn't have it due to the jabs changes and the way stamplar is built.
    Options
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love the new changes to Stamina Templar apart from one thing.

May I suggest that Empowering Sweep could be the physical damage morph? We already got the weapon ultimates and Dawnbreaker which has a CC morph.

I believe the Empowering Sweep morph could bring medium armour wearing Templar's back in line in PvP and IMO Magicka Templars already have enough mitigation and large choice of defensive ultimates. e.g Nova, Remembrance, Sword and shield ultimate. They don't have a high burst Magicka ultimate though since Dawnbreaker was changed to physical damage so wouldn't it make sense for them to have the Crescent Sweep Morph. Keeps both morphs undodgeable though of course.
    PC EU
    Options