The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Spell/Weapon Power

0311shane
0311shane
Can someone explain to me how the Spell/Weapon stats effect your damage Vs. Max Magicka/Stamina
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 max stat = 1 weapon/spell power (approximately).

This varies slightly skill to skill, but a good enough rule of thumb.

This thread details the calculations. There was also a very helpful reddit post but for the life of me I cannot find it again, someone will likely post it below.

Tamriel Foundry post, no wonder I couldn't find it by searching reddit XD
    Edited by Taylor_MB on December 31, 2016 2:36PM
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• 0311shane
    0311shane
    Taylor_MB wrote: »

This thread details the calculations. There was also a very helpful reddit post but for the life of me I cannot find it again, someone will likely post it below.

Thank you!

Question, I swapped some gear on my build and added the Elegance set. In doing so I lost about 100 spell power, but gained about 2500 in max magicka. I havent tested the build, but based off of that, did I lose or gain damage?
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Class passives come into play too, ie. Sorc with boost to SD for every skill and Templar with the proc based on SD etc.. sometimes building up one or the other is preferable.
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0311shane wrote: »

Thank you!

Question, I swapped some gear on my build and added the Elegance set. In doing so I lost about 100 spell power, but gained about 2500 in max magicka. I havent tested the build, but based off of that, did I lose or gain damage?

With that swap you gained approximately 150 spell damage.

If you are a sorc (assuming because you mentioned Elegant) it might be better boosting your max magicka even if you are losing more then the equivalent spell power as your shields are 100% based off your max magicka. It is up to you to find the balance :).

With 1T introducing a lot of "increase damage of your <lightening> or <physical> or <flame> ability" (eg. Netch's Touch) sets, it's sometimes easier just to use the tooltip damage of your most commonly used skill to gauge weather certain set combinations are making you do more (and how much) or less damage.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• 0311shane
    0311shane
    0311shane wrote: »

Thank you!

With that swap you gained approximately 150 spell damage.

If you are a sorc (assuming because you mentioned Elegant) it might be better boosting your max magicka even if you are losing more then the equivalent spell power as your shields are 100% based off your max magicka. It is up to you to find the balance :).

With 1T introducing a lot of "increase damage of your <lightening> or <physical> or <flame> ability" (eg. Netch's Touch) sets, it's sometimes easier just to use the tooltip damage of your most commonly used skill to gauge weather certain set combinations are making you do more (and how much) or less damage.

Yes Im a sorc. Went with this set due to the Magicka boost and the boost in light attacks in Overload. Thank for the information. Very helpfull!